Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele (31199 Views)

DSS Files Terrorism Charges Against Emefiele / Pondei: House Of Reps Issues Warrant Of Arrest On MD Of NDDC, IMC Members / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by yarimo(m): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
MajorOvakporaye:

Type in correct English, ogbori.
e go clear for eyes very soon unknown gun woman
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by skedman(m): 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thinkam:
grin all this drama no concern me.

Tinubu APC, buhari APC, Emefiele APC, all of you are gone..

Atiku is coming
Spv crew seen
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Solocoin: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Empty threat.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by condiz8: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thinkam:
grin all this drama no concern me.

Tinubu APC, buhari APC, Emefiele APC, all of you are gone..

Atiku is coming

In ya dry dreams
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by zinizta: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Which one be Emeifele APC ?

Emeifele is pun used by Buhari's APC to distroy Buhari's government to prevent Tinubu from becoming the president.

Notwithstanding, Nobody will remember Tinubu's candidacy 4 years from now if he doesn't win, but generations of Nigerians will always remember Buhari as the man that supervised over a period of Nigeria that was disappointing and terrible.

I don't see that as a bad thing

Tinubu is a PR disaster.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Iamgrey5(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
zinizta:

I don't see that as a bad thing

Tinubu is a PR disaster.
Ok Buhari was a PR heaven.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by kcnwaigbo: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
UncommonLogic:

Mumu, you think Tinubu is that shallow and dumb to store cash? I swear the level of stupidity among these IPOB zombidient terrorist is simply astonishing.
Even if he has I trillion in cash in his house, Tinubu has enough people with connections in Nigeria to change and deposit them. Pls stop thinking so shallow.
Then why is he wailing upandan?
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by kcnwaigbo: 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
I know u as an obi supporter

I want to ask u a question n I want u to b sincere

Do u think someone like peter obi can queue in a bank to collect money?
Yes he can
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Godwin4444: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
egopersonified:

Transfer

If you can't transfer, give your ATM to pos, they send it to their account
how will pos get new notes to run business when banks are still paying old notes
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Senioreddy: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
yarimo:
and you think the rich doesn't have dollars or other currencies

Lols do you know that the CBN recently mopped up dollars from so many accounts all in the guise of borrowing it?

Do you also know that as it stands today, you can't transfer from your domiciliary account to another person's domiciliary account I.e you can't move dollars from ejimofor to ufong except from ufong to ufong
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Under the constitution, the CBN is directly under the legislative arm of government,

However, in Nigeria like most third world countries, the legislative arm of government is still under the Executive.

Side note:
Isn't it amazing that people who said they won't vote Tinubu because of Buhari's failures are now praising the failures of Buhari.

So do you hate Buhari's failures or you just want a reason to hate Tinubu? 😁

Under what Constitution is CBN under the legislative arm

Stop typing rubbish abeg
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by tomju2(f): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
OneCandleAway:

By now I expected them to be sharing the money out. I can't believe they might still be hoarding the old notes.

There are ways to share the money. Like giving scholarship, grants. E.t.c no how that won't buy pity votes even if it's a few
Bros, cash is King! Some of these thiefing politicians stored Billions of Naira in cash for these 2023 elections. Now Emefiele has destabilised their plans. How can they exchanged such a huge sum within the time frame? This is why the Senate opted for July 2023 as last month for the currency swap! Know this and know peace.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Iamgrey5(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Under what Constitution is CBN under the legislative arm

Stop typing rubbish abeg
CBN is under the legislative arm of government.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Backpedal: 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
Mitsurugi:
The police that will execute the warrant is under which arm? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
He no know wetin dey
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by yarimo(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
Senioreddy:

Lols do you know that the CBN recently mopped up dollars from so many accounts all in the guise of borrowing it?

Do you also know that as it stands today, you can't transfer from your domiciliary account to another person's domiciliary account I.e you can't move dollars from ejimofor to ufong except from ufong to ufong
how about other currencies? Are you away far away Katsina in jebia lga majority of them change it to Saudi currencies pending when the new ones will be available for all
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by mikywonder(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
yarimo:
take it easy oo I can feel your pains

Zone B
Agbado Urchin πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by yarimo(m): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
mikywonder:

Zone B
Agbado Urchin πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
that is my senatorial zone. And my senator is very competent.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
CBN is under the legislative arm of government.
That's not true. Stop insisting on something that's patently false just because you want to push a certain narrative.
The CBN is actually autonomous but answer to the President
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by FOWSkill: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otilor
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by millionboi2: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
name osinbajo local government in ogun state?
Do u even know osinbajo before he was handpicked as vp?
Do u even know this same osinbajo was tinubu appointee?

U want osinbajo or Amaechi that is not known beyond their region

Y didn’t osinbajo help buhari when he was losing?

I know no matter what we say once Peter obi loses which is sure u lots will not accept that it’s free n fair

I guess the definition of free n fair is when obi wins?
oga tinubu will come distant third position in this election.better start now to cool your head
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by millionboi2: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
Sheggy13:
The mistake people are making especially the Peter Obi supporters enjoying all this charade and suddenly praising Emefiele and Buhari is that they think all this is being done because of Tinubu. I put it to you that Buhari and his cabal never wanted to hand over to the South. This much was obvious during the primaries with them trying to scheme in Ahmed Lawan but were unsuccessful. They would have done same thing had Osinbajo or Amaechi had emerged from the primary. I have never seen a thing like this before where a government is intentionally bringing policies to make themselves look bad just because they don't want their own candidate to win.
E pain you
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Senioreddy: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
yarimo:
how about other currencies? Are you away far away Katsina in jebia lga majority of them change it to Saudi currencies pending when the new ones will be available for all

Hmmm
Not aware of this though.
It's another dimension sha.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Iamgrey5(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

That's not true. Stop insisting on something that's patently false just because you want to push a certain narrative.
The CBN is actually autonomous but answer to the President
CBN doesn't answer to any president

That's the major reason why CBN is autonomous.

The CBN governor answers to the governoing Board which is subject to oversight by the legislature.

The CBN is Autonomous because of the risk of fumbling the fiscal and monterey policies of the country together.

The Autonomous nature of central banks around is to assure investors that the Monetary policies is independent of the Fiscal policies.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by mikywonder(m): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
yarimo:
that is my senatorial zone. And my senator is very competent.

No wonder
Highest urchin continue
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by egopersonified(f): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
how will pos get new notes to run business when banks are still paying old notes

By now you suppose understand that our govt tries to frustrate it's citizens with all their policies. We have to run around and look for alternatives to cushion the effect of our oppressions aka Nigerian politicians. I believe the only option now is mobile, ATM and pos transfer. I don't think cash app, Venmo and paypal works in Nigeria but there will be others. The annoying thing for me is that you will be debited N50 stamp duty for every money you receive and N4 for every alert. Then when you send money, you will be debited between N26 to N54 for transfer fees and N4 to N8 for alert. This might look small but multiple that by at least 50 million people per day.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
CBN doesn't answer to any president

That's the major reason why CBN is autonomous.

The CBN governor answers to the governoing Board which is subject to oversight by the legislature.

The CBN is Autonomous because of the risk of fumbling the fiscal and monterey policies of the country together.

The Autonomous nature of central banks around is to assure investors that the Monetary policies is independent of the Fiscal policies.
The CBN governor is an appointee of the president not the legislature. Same with the board.
The CBN is the chief financial adviser to the President. It's part of his job as laid out in the CBN act.
So while it is autonomous in operation, the CBN ultimately answers to the President.
Every MDA is subject to legislative oversight and it doesn't make them under the legislature.

1 Like

Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Iamgrey5(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

The CBN governor is an appointee of the president not the legislature. Same with the board.
The CBN is the chief financial adviser to the President. It's part of his job as laid out in the CBN act.
So while it is autonomous in operation, the CBN ultimately answers to the President.
Every MDA is subject to legislative oversight and it doesn't make them under the legislature.
The CBN governor is nominated by the president and ratified by the Treasury, but unlike ministers or agencies under the governormnent he or she is autonomous. He doesn't answer to the president.

All monetary policies are taken by the governing board of the bank.

It's the financial minister that is answerable to the president not CBN

I have already explained the major reason for that earlier.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The CBN governor is nominated by the president and ratified by the Treasury, but unlike ministers or agencies under the governormnent he or she is autonomous. He doesn't answer to the president.

All monetary policies are taken by the governing board of the bank.

It's the financial minister that is answerable to the president not CBN

I have already explained the major reason for that earlier.
Go and read the CBN act. The governor is ultimately answerable to the President
He can be removed by the president as well
I can also give many examples where presidential approval was sought before embarking on some monetary plans
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by GreyLaw(m): 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
the policy is good but d most annoying part is that they said old notes will not b accepted from next week henceforth n till this moment bank is still giving out old notes on d counter

Tell me how do we address that?

Today is Thursday n bank is still giving out old notes n officially tomorrow is Friday which marks the official end of d week

So how do these people expect us to cope

Imagine wanting to buy car parts from all those illiterates dealers n they say they don’t want old note m bank is still paying old note

N u need over 500k….note atm can only give u 20k per day

How do u do it?

Oga use your head! What do you use millions of cash notes for? Make transfers for your bulky transactions and keep dew thousands for petty business. Sorry to say, but you are a small fish in this matter! This law is targeted at some hoarders of which you are not one of them.

I can guarantee you that after the elections old notes will be accepted.
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by GreyLaw(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The CBN is appointed by the legislature although the President gets to nominate.

The nomination could be rejected.

Another wrong statment. Can you please read what you just wrote? The legislature appoints the CBN governor, in which country, Nigeria? Hahahah...
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by yarimo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
Senioreddy:

Hmmm
Not aware of this though.
It's another dimension sha.
chairman Nigeria of 1985 is different from Nigeria of 2023 , I personally knows someone that changes all his money to €euro only waiting for availability of the new ones. And you can spend € euro like dollars. Dollars is just over popular in people's mouth. Now some poor people don't even know about €euro
Re: Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele by northbird: 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
the policy is good but d most annoying part is that they said old notes will not b accepted from next week henceforth n till this moment bank is still giving out old notes on d counter

Tell me how do we address that?

Today is Thursday n bank is still giving out old notes n officially tomorrow is Friday which marks the official end of d week

So how do these people expect us to cope

Imagine wanting to buy car parts from all those illiterates dealers n they say they don’t want old note m bank is still paying old note

N u need over 500k….note atm can only give u 20k per day

How do u do it?

Transfer

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Video Of Muhammadu Buhari First Speech After His Declaration As President Elect / Breaking News: Gov Ramalan Call and Congratulates El' Rufa'I / Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.