Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday (35367 Views)

See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Krak(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Go and make a bank transfer, so that your criminal activities will be well documented.

Stop giving excuses, we know you too well
Then can you explain why banks are still giving out old currency over the counter even till this morning?

5 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Bintdawood(f): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2023
Na 200 me neva seee for my kororkoror eyes😑😑

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 9:25am On Jan 27, 2023
jibrilELsudan:
ODE

AND ALREADY YOU DON DEY USE BIRO MUTILATE THE MONI

Where you see pen ink on the note?
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Relixy2k: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2023
Na Anambra be that. How many people live there compared to Lagos. Because from Ajah to ikoyi then to mushin then this morning to abule egba and sango ota, no single atm dispensing any kobo or paper whether new or old.
BossGerald:

Reporting live From Onitsha, Anambra state.

Union bank, UBA, FIRST Bank ATM etc are dispensing the new naira note.

Stop believing the lies and rumors that flies daily concerning the new naira notes.

Deposit your old naira notes with the bank or POS(point of sales) agent.

Go and visit any ATM stand near you and make your withdrawal.

You only have 4days to change you old currency.

From @Bossgerald

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by jibrilELsudan: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Where you see pen ink on the note?

COMON SHAARAAAAP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2023
Urchins will not be able to destroy Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I do Pos business and operate three pos point.

I have only been given old notes since Monday.

One can only withdraw new money at the ATM @ 20k per day.

I do transaction of at least 500k per day at my pos point.

Most of you talking trash don't know what you are talking about.

Meanwhile, politics aside, so after voting Apc twice na POS you dey do after graduating from school??

Hope you no dey scam old people money?
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Robertgreene1(m): 9:29am On Jan 27, 2023
Interesting....
But all these peeps thinking dt d likes of Tinubu nd Atiku won't av enough new notes 2 buy votes must be dumb... like really dumb
Do u peeps even stop 4 a minute 2 think of d timber nd caliber of men dat work 4 these presidential candidates...saying dt Tinubu..a man dat literally owns Lagos won't see enough new notes 2 share is akin 2 saying dat sanwuolu..Mc Oluomo...El rufai...Gandollar plus all d other Western nd northern Governors nd senators and reps nd state reps nd party big men nd business tycoons dat all pay allegiance 2 Tinubu can't find him d new notes....Those men aren't on our level peeps..they av loyalists everywhere...even inside d CBN itself....that day dt Tinubu was secretly giving money 2 a party man they later claimed 2 be a cripple..no be new 1k notes he was giving him?..nd it was even barely a week after their introduction...those men av done their homeworks long ago...that's y d new notes scarce sef...they ve hoarded d whole thing...
Pls I'm as obidient as one can ever be abeg...
Just dt this narrative of this rubbish policy affecting d likes of Tinubu just dey vex me cus it's like some peeps here don't know those men..underate them nd d evil genuises that work 4 Dem at ur own peril!!!
This nonsense policy will only affect d poor masses not Tinubu nd Atiku...dat is just my problem abeg

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by mjuvey3: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2023
I went to more than 40 ATM machines yesterday and none was dispensing any cash at all whether old or new.

The only ATM that worked on the mainland in Ikeja yesterday was Wema bank at Oba Akran and you need to see the queue.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by callthefred: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Thank you jare!

Don’t mind Tinubu BATstards who are making mountains ⛰ out of a molehill because they are looking for extension so that their lord and saviour can use the money he has stashed away to buy votes.

But God pass them.

You all are so predictable. How many Nigerians really can cash buy their conscience?. APC offered 20k in Osun and people still voted PDP. If Tinubu wins you all would be shouting he gave out cash instead of facing reality. Vote buying doesn't sway more than 5% of voters. It only energies those who already planned voting for you.

The complaint of Tinubu is that these policies would affect the image of government and by extension affect the ruling party. Mind you Tinubu was never part of the decision making of the Buhari government. So please you should be getting tired of all these noise.

99% of Nigerians would do worse if they were in Tinubu's shoes. In Osun the governor's sister slapped DSS officials less than a month in power because they refused to be turned to her domestic servants. These are the same people who would want us to believe Tinubu is a devil.

Obi today has not told us whatever happens to the interest on the $150m dollars he saved in banks. Interests on fixed deposits are paid ahead. Let's stop been irrational and start facing facts.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by khreus(m): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2023
mjuvey3:
I went to more than 40 ATM machines yesterday and none was dispensing any cash at all whether old or new.

The only ATM that worked on the mainland in Ikeja yesterday was Wema bank at Oba Akran and you need to see the queue.

Forty what
Naso you dey jobless reach. No offense intended oh(just thinking out loud)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Parachoko: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Meanwhile, politics aside, so after voting Apc twice na POS you dey do after graduating from school??

So far the POS business they pay his bills

I see nothing wrong in it

Is better than stealing or doing Yahoo

Some people doing POS dey make money pass people working as contract staffs in Banks.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by windvane(m): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2023
callthefred:

You all are so predictable. How many Nigerians really can cash buy their conscience?. APC offered 20k in Osun and people still voted PDP. If Tinubu wins you all would be shouting he gave out cash instead of facing reality. Vote buying doesn't sway more than 5% of voters. It only energies those who already planned voting for you.

The complaint of Tinubu is that these policies would affect the image of government and by extension affect the ruling party. Mind you Tinubu was never part of the decision making of the Buhari government. So please you should be getting tired of all these noise.

99% of Nigerians would do worse if they were in Tinubu's shoes. In Osun the governor's sister slapped DSS officials less than a month in power because they refused to be turned to her domestic servants. These are the same people who would want us to believe Tinubu is a devil.

Obi today has not told us whatever happens to the interest on the $150m dollars he saved in banks. Interests on fixed deposits are paid ahead. Let's stop been irrational and start facing facts.
You said it all but watch as kids will come after you.when they decided to change the design,they rejoiced that it will stop APC from buying,when it did not circulate properly,they blame same ApC for hoarding it,when they complained about it washing off,they claimed same APC.....kids on here can't reason properly

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Online transfer to buy pepper and transport abi? Nigeria runs on cash!

Use #100 notes to buy your pepper, no dey make unnecessary noise here

1 Like

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by kay29000(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

It's already in circulation, go withdraw yours, encourage others to do same.

It would circulate more.

Honestly, it just started really circulating on Wednesday... It is everywhere in Ibadan too, but you can only withdraw 20k daily.
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Iko5000: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2023
Don't mind OP, something that should have been available weeks ago . You are now giving the stupid banks credit for last min suffering and queues they are causing now .
Prayfortheworld:

I withdraw on Saturday too alot of banks are paying it but it's still scarce and once the load and the money finishes they won't load again
You were just lucky stop sounding like you know it all this is Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Parachoko: 9:39am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Use #100 notes to buy your pepper, no dey make unnecessary noise here
Mr man go rest abeg

Can you use ₦100 pepper alone to cook a stew in Onitsha?

The deadline will be extended because the new notes have not circulate.

CBN could only commend banks in a single state(Ogun State) for been the only states were the new notes is circulating well.

The deadline needs to be extended for other states and the FCT to catch up

5 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by OfeAchi: 9:40am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

I don't know your location, but here the ATMs are dispensing 24/7.

The new currency seem to be scarce because many people are still waiting for the deadline to go overwhelm the bank with their rush hour deposit and withdrawal.
I would have loved to say "shut up" but I'll hold it.
Do you know how many times I've gone to different banks within Lagos mainland? I was able to withdraw 20k in new notes only once and that was on Monday.
Every other, "no money" in ATM. Even inside the banks you can't withdraw new naira notes.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by kay29000(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I realized most People Nairaland are kids

Most people doing business are talking about the cost on their business and level of uncertainty. Some kids are flashing 20k cash like that is all Nigerians need.

Correction, it is not "some" kids... It is just OP, one person. Everyone else knows the money is not really circulating.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by HardMirror(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

I don't know your location, but here the ATMs are dispensing 24/7.

The new currency seem to be scarce because many people are still waiting for the deadline to go overwhelm the bank with their rush hour deposit and withdrawal.
speak for yourself. Atms still dispensed old notes yesterday in many states.

3 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by mastermaestro(m): 9:41am On Jan 27, 2023
Sammy07:

I saw the post earlier, I just ignored the OP.

Last week, at GTB in Ondo, I went inside the bank to collect cash not even at the ATM

Yet I was given old Notes.
I protested, and the staff was telling me that's what they have,

For now the new notes are only available at ATM dispensary. It's CBN directive to all banks.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Penguin2: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2023
callthefred:

I’m not interested in other jargons you wrote…

But can you prove that the interest rate for the $150m dollars Obi saved was paid upfront to him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:43am On Jan 27, 2023
Dbegining:
What I hate is the narrative that the op I trying to bring out like "the new notes are not scarce"

Bro!!!
They are scarce!
Look at when ATM'S are just dispensing. Three days to the deadline.

If they had been dispensing since last year we won't have this nonsense. Now you're practically telling us to rush to collect because at your own side ATM's are dispensing. Well, over here, they are not dispensing!!!

The notes are scarce. This is a monetary and economic disaster and miscalculation by the CBN and the president Buhari!!!!

Nonsense!!😠😠😠😠
the op is just being foolish like a typical Nigerian who only thinks if it's not affecting me then it's not affecting everyone else.

The way the mumu is arrogantly talking as if the whole Nigeria is his village in onitsha is even the annoying part.

I Spent almost 1 product hour on the queue yesterday just trying to withdraw 20k. I had to spend like extra 700 just to withdraw the remaining 30k I needed from pos operators cos I needed cash not transfer for the stuffs I wanted to buy. Those ones mixed old and new money together.

Then this fool is all over the place acting as if everything is alright all over Nigeria because he withdrew less than 10k from ATM in like 3 days to deadline..

Very annoying people.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by GloriousGbola: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2023
Bull. I went round 5 ATMs today. None are dispensing. I eventually had to engage a pos operator. For old notes.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by kay29000(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2023
Bintdawood:
Na 200 me neva seee for my kororkoror eyes😑😑

I saw it yesterday... It's the worst of the three. Horrible quality. 500 and 1000 notes are a little better.

4 Likes

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 9:45am On Jan 27, 2023
kay29000:

Honestly, it just started really circulating on Wednesday... It is everywhere in Ibadan too, but you can only withdraw 20k daily.

Thank you oo my dear.

Some people will just stay in their house and manufacture rubbish and false information and feed the public
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by HardMirror(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

why are you trying to shame him? Are you the one feeding him? Is pos business not a legitimate work?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by ImoleNaija: 9:45am On Jan 27, 2023
This OP no wise at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Britishpea: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2023
yemmight:
This is not false o.. This money we have que on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, GTB, Zenith and the rest have people in que as I am typing this.

Rip English. You murdered it
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by BossGerald: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
Mr man go rest abeg

Can you use ₦100 pepper alone to cook a stew in Onitsha?

The deadline will be extended because the new notes have not circulate.

CBN could only commend banks in a single state(Ogun State) for been the only states were the new notes is circulating well.

The deadline needs to be extended for other states and the FCT to catch up

Are you cooking 1million naira worth stew??

Go and withdraw your new naira from the bank and give your wife for stew...don't give her silly excuse this weekend oo
Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by egbetokuns(m): 9:50am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Reporting live From Onitsha, Anambra state.

Union bank, UBA, FIRST Bank ATM etc are dispensing the new naira note.

Stop believing the lies and rumors that flies daily concerning the new naira notes.

Deposit your old naira notes with the bank or POS(point of sales) agent.

Go and visit any ATM stand near you and make your withdrawal.

You only have 4days to change you old currency.

From @Bossgerald
OP . It’s good you reported what you witness but don’t generalize it. I’m presently at bank now and no single new note. They keep pushing old note to us especially when you need huge amount of money. Infant through out yesterday no dollars in that bank. Let’s be concern about all of us not about our own life only.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday by Jflex07(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2023
BossGerald:

Lol. Most Urrchins are rag tagged wretched animals grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shoprite Customers Struggle To Buy Bread In Owerri (Video) / How To Produce Izal / FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.