Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke (69154 Views)

Governor Ademola Adeleke Makes First Appointments (Photos) / Tribunal Sacked Dino Melaye / Why Tribunal Adjourned Onnoghenโ€™s Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Xfactor88(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.

There was no cancelation of polling units. They only deducted over voting from both sides, and they arrived at the new numbers - 314,921 votes and 290,266 votes for APC and PDP respectively. Before now, the Returning Officer had announced that Adeleke pooled 403,371 votes and Oyetola pooled 375,027 votes.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BluntCrazeMan: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
for example, if I am Hope Uzodinma with Incumbent power in Imo state, I use the power of incumbency, brute force, inducement of inec officials and otherwise to sponsor overvoting in some PUs in Imo state so they can be canceled against LP.

Is it rocket science?
Bro..

It is not possible.

Like,, which type of WASTE of resources and logistics is that.??
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by elsiusgr8t(m): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
this discussion is for intelligent people.

Apt
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Tinubuagbado: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
beejaay:

So adeeke is ipob, the 290000 people the tribunal agreed voted for pdp is ipob. Babu sense
That's how those useless, irresponsible, disgruntled and Yoruba Muslim miscreants behaves and reason like idiots which they are.

Anyone that supports good governance is an IPOB according to Terrorist Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Abassmt: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

APC can still overvote without winning. It's common sense

Total accredited voters 3000
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground would you say that the overvoting must have came from PDP?

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?
Stop all this, APC overboring in Ede lg where PDP are popular reason now . I know what happened there because I'm from Ede but just reason to yourself and correct your self.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by SenatePresdo(m): 3:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Koralords:
Una dey learn naso presidential election go shock una,apc 1-others 0

Is that how you want Nigeria to be working?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BreconHills(m): 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:
This will just increase the hate people have for APC the more

I'm here for Obi by the way... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Why ? Isn't this the benefit of technology that we are all saying will produce the right man for the job in February?

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BreconHills(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
trutharena:

Lol. I thought we are all celebrating BVAS.

There was over voting and BVAS was able to help detect that which led to the judgement.

Are you saying they should bypass BVAS because APC people are not at the receiving end?

Great point. Technology must be supported both when it is ones favour and when it isn't.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Babastrong(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=kay1one post=120423289]This will just increase the hate people have for APC the more

I'm here for Obi by the way...
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Taiggarr: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

So Justice should not be upheld because of people's unintelligent, sentimental useless opinions
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by oyatz(m): 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.

Most Nigerians comment on Issues they don't have knowledge about.

There won't be further arguments or evidence at the Appeal Court to support or refute the petitions.

The case will only be judged on whether the ruling of the Tribunal is in accordance with the laws or not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BreconHills(m): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
God bless Nigeria.

You've made one of the fairest comments so far ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Taiggarr: 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

So Justice should not be upheld because of people's unintelligent, sentimental useless opinions

You are for Obi without PVC
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Taiggarr: 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

I don't have all the details but let the right thing be done... Na presidential I dey wait

The Presidential BLUDGEONING Peter Obi will get in a months time will be unfair..

He will be KILLED Politically..
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Hassanmaye(m): 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Xfactor88(m): 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
Yes, you get it by little, I know you re not that stupid.

So if in polling unit X, you are winning, I can sponsor overvoting there, knowing fully well that it will be canceled? Right and you become the outright loser

Learn to think, no be everything be noise for nairaland
If so, then whose fault? This is laughable really. Huncle, this is not tenable in a court of law. It would further shrink their chances of getting anything out the case, if there would ever be. Political parties need to learn from this - make sure things are done in accordance with the law. C'est fini!
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Shantyken(m): 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
do you have evidence that APC didn't sponsor overvoting for this PUs to be cancelled?
And do u have evidence that APC sponsored overvoting in those PUs too
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by MeineMutter: 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
You are the brainless person but I am going to explain it to you like a 2year old and you will figure it out by yourself.

Accredited voters 300
PDP votes 200
APC votes 150

Total 350.

How do you know where the overvoting came from?

APC Urchins are one way traffic

They did forensic analysis of all votes cast during the election, at the tribunal (one by one) comparing them to various entries on all INEC Forms. Thatโ€™s how they were able to know where the over voting was coming.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by ogatboy(m): 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
codesport:
This is what the electoral law says

Obviously they have to be a re-do of the election based on the law. There shall be no return until another election is done. Nice and simple
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by OmoOshodi(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
I'm not going to collect my PVC again....no need to vote

Abeg

Nigeria has gone to the dogs

Something is going to happen before February election.....

I don't know what it is....but election may not hold
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by maasoap(m): 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

Who cares if that hate destroy you as long as the stolen mandate is returned to the actual winner? grin grin grin
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Charly68: 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
WHOEVER WANTS TO RIG MUST DO SO SENSIBLY ..THE FEAR OF BIVAS IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM...KUDOS TO THE LEARNED MEN AT THE TEMPLE OF JUSTICE. THEY DIDNT MAKE THE LAW BUT THEY HELP US TO INTERPRETE IT.. ADE DANCER SHOULD TRY HIS LUCK AT THE APPEAL COURT TO SEE HOW IT WILL GO ...CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW GOVERNOR ...HE FOUGHT HARD TO ENSURE JUSTICE IS DONE AND THAT IS PART OF BEAUTY OF DEMOCRACY..THE REAL LOSER IS AREGBE WHO VOWED TO UNSEAT OYETOLA. BUT THE MAN HAS PROVEN HIM WRONG NOW THAT NOBODY SHOULD PLAY GOD OVER ANOTHER MAN...THE LOCAL GOVT MEN SACKED BY ADE CAN NOW RETURN BACK TO THEIR BASES..
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by maasoap(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
trutharena:

There was over voting and BVAS was able to help detect that which led to the judgement.

Are you saying they should bypass BVAS because APC people are not at the receiving end?

They are nothing but pure and undiluted hypocrites. They are neither here nor there!
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by garfield1: 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
ogatboy:

So why do we just assume the over voting is from one party? I think it has to be challenged
Votes from both parties were voided
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?
So, you want to tell me that APC knows that they would lose, hence they decided to overvote for the opponent? They also know the end result to be as it is now; which is deduction of the excess votes and they still did it. Hmm! Guy I tire for u o

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Faiththatworks(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
oyatz:

Most Nigerians comment on Issues they don't have knowledge about.

There won't be further arguments or evidence at the Appeal Court to support or refute the petitions.

The case will only be judged on whether the ruling of the Tribunal is in accordance with the laws or not.

Thanks for the legal education,I never knew Gov. Adeleke won't be allowed to introduce new evidence at the higher courts,like I wrote earlier it really looks like a hopeless case.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Masterchef(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

Guess it's more like:

Total registered voters 300
PDP 420
APC 130
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by 9gerian: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
Another angle. This is going to get everybody thinking before rushing to approve any initiative lest they fall victim eventually.

trutharena:

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
Shantyken:
And do u have evidence that APC sponsored overvoting in those PUs too
So it means that that law is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by maasoap(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
merits:

This will definitely be drag till the next four years, Nigeria judiciary so corrupt and confuse at the same time.

Drag? No. The constitution has taken care of that. Everything will be decided by April
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
abobim:
Adeleke lawyer should prove that the over voting is coming from Apc and not pdp
He wasn't punish for overvoting, rather deductions were made. I don't know what you people use to think.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by omonnakoda: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Can one practicse Islam in English without knowing a single word of Arabic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Yes Iโ€™m Gay - Bolu Okupe, Son Of Former Presidential Aide Doyin Okupe Says / Change: Buhari's Wife Now Has An Office Seal. . .photo / See Adams Oshiomhole's Children And Grandchildren At The Governor's Wedding(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.