Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke (69110 Views)

Governor Ademola Adeleke Makes First Appointments (Photos) / Tribunal Sacked Dino Melaye / Why Tribunal Adjourned Onnoghen’s Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Fearyourcreator: 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
muykem:
Which people? You mean IPOB members and their sympathisers.
You dey mind am
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Fearyourcreator: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
trutharena:

Lol. I thought we are all celebrating BVAS.

There was over voting and BVAS was able to help detect that which led to the judgement.

Are you saying they should bypass BVAS because APC people are not at the receiving end?

Lolzzzz
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Gandrova: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

You just post without reading...
I clearly stated that I'm here for Obi which means the presidential election.

You, you carried it to mean the state election.

I jump and pass this one wey no dey read ..
Lolz! Don't waste your vote Bro. Obi is going no where.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Patrotism: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
seunmsg:

If you are smart, you should know by now that the court never said PDP was responsible for the over voting. It is not the business of the court to decide on which party was responsible for the over voting or not. The business of the court is the decide whether over voting took place or not and the evidence before the court showed clearly that there was over voting. That’s why all the vote cast in the affected polling units were voided. PDP, APC, LP, ADC, SDP etc votes were all voided and not just PDP votes alone.

I hope I have rescued you from your ignorance.

You're very correct 💯👍👍

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Fearyourcreator: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
seunmsg:

You can join the legal team of PDP to the appeal court so that you can ask the court this your question 🤣🤣
Lolz
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by olajizz01(m): 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:
This will just increase the hate people have for APC the more

I'm here for Obi by the way... 😃
Which hate are you talking about,if the judgement was based on truth,and appeal court will shed more light on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Ennoloa: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
The Electoral Law stated that all those Polling-units should be totally cancelled..

So, they cancelled all those Polling-units.

Both PDP and APC were affected.

So what happens to those polling unit?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Tareq1105: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:
This will just increase the hate people have for APC the more

I'm here for Obi by the way... 😃

So Tinubu is the judge?

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
Patrotism:

Wrong analysis,
The actual thing is that the total areas where over-vote was ascertained were totally cancelled and deducted from the total vote cast, thereby denying all contestants votes from those areas and benefits of crime.
good, so I can sponsor overvoting in your strongholds to make you lose. Because inec will eventually cancel them.

Lol, this election na fraud.
How are you sure APC did not deliberately sponsor overvoting?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BluntCrazeMan: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ennoloa:

So what happens to those polling unit?
They were Cancelled..
And all votes from them should be deducted.
(Null-And-Void)

That's what the Electoral Act says that should happen to them.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2023
seunmsg:

If you are smart, you should know by now that the court never said PDP was responsible for the over voting. It is not the business of the court to decide on which party was responsible for the over voting or not. The business of the court is to decide whether over voting took place or not and the evidence before the court showed clearly that there was over voting. That’s why all the vote cast in the affected polling units were voided. PDP, APC, LP, ADC, SDP etc votes were all voided and not just PDP votes alone.

I hope I have rescued you from your ignorance.
Yes, you get it by little, I know you re not that stupid.

So if in polling unit X, you are winning, I can sponsor overvoting there, knowing fully well that it will be canceled? Right and you become the outright loser

Learn to think, no be everything be noise for nairaland
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
The Tribunal accepted the BVAS Accreditation report which APC presented.
Thus, all those 1,700+plus polling-units where it was established that there was over-voting were totally cancelled., And thus, the whole of the other remaining polling-units were re-calculated.
So I can sponsor overvoting in opposition stronghold and INEC will jusy cancel it.

Ridiculous 😂

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Ennoloa: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
They were Cancelled..
And all votes from them should be deducted.
(Null-And-Void)

That's what the Electoral Act says that should happen to them.

Then what does the Electoral Act says about cancelled polling unit
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BluntCrazeMan: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
good, so I can sponsor overvoting in your strongholds to make you lose. Because inec will eventually cancel them.

Lol, this election na fraud.
How are you sure APC did not deliberately sponsor overvoting?
Now,, how would it be possible for PDP to be gazing and allow such to happen in their stronghold.??

PDP decided to rig massively.
And the Electoral Act deflated their rigging plans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by kay1one(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Gandrova:
Lolz! Don't waste your vote Bro. Obi is going no where.

You're still in March 2022... That was the line then
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BluntCrazeMan: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ennoloa:

Then what does the Electoral Act says about cancelled polling unit
Download it and read sir.

Section-51.. Sub-sections 1-to-4
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by ogatboy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Minjim:

Pdp had their chance in court to challenge any over voting by Apc but you can't bring something out of nothing

I mean they are challenging the judgement of the tribunal; What is the nothing?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by zionstaar75: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
How did they know that it wasn't APC that overvoted in those polling Units?
do u understand English?do u know the meaning of over voting?wetin person no go see for nairaland o!
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Chetas81(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
Koralords:
Una dey learn naso presidential election go shock una,apc 1-others 0
any ghost can vote TINUBU
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Tareq1105: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

The 2022 Electoral Law says that where over voting is established the results of the polling unit should be cancelled. That's what happens and both in fact all the parties were affected. PDP appears to be more affected especially in Ede area where over voting was significantly established.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by tunapawizzy: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
assholemods:

The same INEC you all were praising for BVAS!
ofcourse there's room for improvement but if they failed at something we should say it as it is. They conducted election where there was overvoting and they did not detect it or chose not to detect it....meanwhile I have never personally praised nor scolded INEC on BVAS........what's there to praise in deploying a technology that is almost ten years late......For me, the real thing in Nigeria is vote selling, majority of your politicians dont deserve a second termn because they failed in their first term. As far as I am concerned the margin of loss should be so big that even if INEC cancels, Tribunal Cancels, incumbent should not even get close to winning BUT na una know as una dey think.. If a failed government is soundly rejected at the polls, Tribunal no go even dey.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by BluntCrazeMan: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
So I can sponsor overvoting in opposition stronghold and INEC will jusy cancel it.

Ridiculous 😂
Think deeply about your plans..

Now, explain to me how your plans would ever be possible..

I am waiting for your analysis.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by g4gerald: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.

But not all the people who voted between 4-8pm voted for Adeleke, some must have voted for Oyetola so why did they minus it only in Adeleke's number. I think the best thing to do would have been to cancel those polling unit and do a rerun there.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by yemmit90: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
ogatboy:
Wait, there was over voting, and you deducted the over voting, I think the best is to call for a re-run? So it is tribunal mathematics for the election? We will await the supreme court judgement or we just conclude that we start using another kinda justice in this country

It is a simple logic man.

If you mistakenly paid #1200 for a loaf of bread instead of #1000, and you later discovered much later after eating the bread, in which seller attest to your mistake.

How much would you pay the seller next time you are buying 1k bread?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
Tareq1105:

The 2022 Electoral Law says that where over voting is established the results of the polling unit should be cancelled. That's what happens and both in fact all the parties were affected. PDP appears to be more affected especially in Ede area where over voting was significantly established.
So I can sponsor overvoting in your strongholds to rig the election?

How did the court know that APC didn't sponsor the overvoting so those PUs can be canceled.
. Shey you guys no dey reason?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Justhere: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
trutharena:

Lol. I thought we are all celebrating BVAS.

There was over voting and BVAS was able to help detect that which led to the judgement.

Are you saying they should bypass BVAS because APC people are not at the receiving end?

THIS JUST SHOW THAT INEC HERSELF IS NOT READY FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION.
HOW DOES BVAS ARRIVED AT THIS SO CALLED OVER VOTING?
COULD IT BE DOUBLE VOTING OR NON ELIGIBLE VOTERS VOTING
THAT BVAS COULD NOT DETECT SAME DAY OF ELECTION
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by zionstaar75: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.

very sensible submission, kudos!
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by yemex04(m): 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

They don't have to Target a particular's party's votes they usually will cancel all votes in polling units where over voting is established.. So I guess in this case overvoting was established as per APC's petition in polling Units located in PDPs strongolds
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Think deeply about your plans..

Now, explain to me how your plans would ever be possible..

I am waiting for your analysis.
for example, if I am Hope Uzodinma with Incumbent power in Imo state, I use the power of incumbency, brute force, inducement of inec officials and otherwise to sponsor overvoting in some PUs in Imo state so they can be canceled against LP.

Is it rocket science?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
yemex04:

They don't have to Target a particular's party's votes they usually will cancel all votes in polling units where over voting is established.. So I guess in this case overvoting was established as per APC's petition in polling Units located in PDPs strongolds
How did they know that APC didn't sponsor those overvoting so the PUs can be cancelled since they are losing there?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Pymetrics: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

The polling unit of the overvoted votes were declared null and void. It was cancelled totally. So the remaining Poling units across the state won the number for Oyetola.

Be smart next time.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Onarabu: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:

Ballot papers will show such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okorocha Loses Government House To PDP, Uche Nwosu Loses To PDP / PMB In Lagos: Police Blocked Oba's Chiefs, Granted Tinubu Daughter Guests Access / Yes I’m Gay - Bolu Okupe, Son Of Former Presidential Aide Doyin Okupe Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.