Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke (69100 Views)

Governor Ademola Adeleke Makes First Appointments (Photos) / Tribunal Sacked Dino Melaye / Why Tribunal Adjourned Onnoghen’s Arraignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by herbert2017: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
How do we now trust INEC to conduct a free and fair election for us next month?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by omonnakoda: 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Can a person who does not speak a single word of Arabic be a Muslim?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by maasoap(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
Heartsfull:
Kangaroo judgement

Best judgement. No one in his or her right sense and frame of mind will allow over voting to stand with all the noise about INEC BVAS. The same INEC, Osun branch tried to rubbish the progress made so far with the INEC ability to deliver credible elections nationwide.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by dapadawee: 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

I don't have all the details but let the right thing be done... Na presidential I dey wait
The same way you waited in vain. Continue waiting in vain
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by maasoap(m): 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
herbert2017:
How do we now trust INEC to conduct a free and fair election for us next month?

Those guys are collecting huge bribes from politicians anytime election is around corner. You remember how Wike was boasting and caught on audio about how he would kill INEC officials if they didn't deliver because he had paid them?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by duro4chang(m): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:
This will just increase the hate people have for APC the more

I'm here for Obi by the way... 😃
Which hatred? You are not in Osun anyway.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Tonich: 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
I believe that Oyetola's votes in those polling units with over voting were also cancelled. If that is the case, then Adeleke did not have a wide spread of wins. It is evident , it is those polling units that witnessed over- voting that gave him the victory.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by FashionCookie(f): 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
Mrshocker:
People are really underestimating APC might because they acting weak for opposition to have some flex.

Only south APc are stronger than all opposition parties in Nigeria. Dem go dey deceive una till final day.
As your name implies, e go too shock them.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Decent09(m): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

Obi already collected 8 Billion Naira from his Successor, go and cross check if you didn't know.

Mind you Thief na Thief any where him dey.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
Edipet:
Who owns the over voting..So they deducted the over voting from only one candidate.
Oga y una dey disgrace unasef 4 public. So u no even read d news u rush to comment
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by emilo2bad: 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.

I can tell you for free that people voted till 8pm in Ede
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
RulerIAm:
everything na PO. U go die untimely o
That is for you and everything good in your life
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
Tmex:
This judgement can not stand. How did the tribunal decide to reduce the overvoted sum from the PDP's score. What pointer does the judge have that suggests it wasnt APC was actually involved in the over voting spree.
na yansh u dey use think or nose
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by MeineMutter: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
So I can sponsor overvoting in your strongholds to rig the election?

How did the court know that APC didn't sponsor the overvoting so those PUs can be canceled.
. Shey you guys no dey reason?

Prima facie, the thumbprint paper recounted were of PDP and those papers were checked against accredited voters’ list they were expecting to vote on that day, the ballot was more than the accredited list.

So there’s no way INEC would assume it was done by APC, when INEC is not babalawo that will ask ifa to tell it who the ‘real’ over voter are.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by MATEX30: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
I couldn't believe it they delcare the judgment against him, as though village people eventually catch up with Him

Read more about what happened here - https://hoursnearby.com/tribunal-judgement-governor-adeleke-rejects-tribunal-verdict-heads-to-appeal-court/
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
MeineMutter:

Prima facie, the thumbprint paper recounted were of PDP and those papers were checked against accredited voters’ list they were expecting to vote on that day, the ballot was more than the accredited list.
Hoe did they know that PDP that

1. APD didn't not do thr overvoting there for PDP knowing that it will be cancelled anyway.

2. That's APC did not overvote for themselves too?
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
APC can still overvote without winning. It's common sense

Total accredited voters 3000
APC 150
PDP 200

Toral vote cast 350.

On what ground would you say that the overvoting must have came from PDP?

Is this not why we should start printing allowing people to write the names on their voters card on their ballot paper before voting?
Your intelligent by half. Printing your name on your voters' card doesn't guarantee that you have voted a particular candidate. The votes were deducted from both candidates' votes.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lete hear imólé de again. Nonsense.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2023
Peacecore:
Your intelligent by half. Printing your name on your voters' card doesn't guarantee that you have voted a particular candidate. The votes were deducted from both candidates' votes.
you missed the point. Dumb person who think he's wise. Very dumb

Read my comment again, this time slowly
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Ted4real: 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Expect shocks of your lives for the outcome of the presidential election due to analogous technology called BVAS??

Nigeria is a flop
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
quinox947:
The over voting was only deducted from Adeleke's score. The Appeal Court will upturn the verdict.
no dey bobo yasef. I'm still waiting for the true copy of the judgement. The law says that, the whole votes in the affected polling units will be cancelled, and a rerun done. Buh note it that if the margin between the two candidates is bigger than the cancelled votes, then there is no need for rerun.

1 Like

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Goke7: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
tunapawizzy:

ofcourse there's room for improvement but if they failed at something we should say it as it is. They conducted election where there was overvoting and they did not detect it or chose not to detect it....meanwhile I have never personally praised nor scolded INEC on BVAS........what's there to praise in deploying a technology that is almost ten years late......For me, the real thing in Nigeria is vote selling, majority of your politicians dont deserve a second termn because they failed in their first term. As far as I am concerned the margin of loss should be so big that even if INEC cancels, Tribunal Cancels, incumbent should not even get close to winning BUT na una know as una dey think.. If a failed government is soundly rejected at the polls, Tribunal no go even dey.

You are making assumptions, people or voters are the ones to decide if a governor deserves a second term or not. You can't sit down on your chair and just say the majority of politicians don't deserve a second term. Democracy is validated at the polls
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by finni(m): 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
You will just die with your hatred.
kay1one:

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by MeineMutter: 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
Hoe did they know that PDP that

1. APD didn't not do thr overvoting there for PDP knowing that it will be cancelled anyway.

2. That's APC did not overvote for themselves too?

They recounted all the thumbprint of ballot that has against PDP logo and all they counted were more than the total number of voters they accredited to vote as compared to electoral Forms filled that contained PDP results sheets. What it means is that physical ballot paper is lesser than the figure recorded on result sheets.

The result sheet of APC was not showing over voting because what was recorded on the result sheet tallied with the actual physical ballot recounted in those poling centers being contested.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by ejimatic: 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/why-tribunal-sacked-osun-gov-adeleke/?amp
I need a copy of the judgment. Somebody should send it to me pls
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
Workch:
you missed the point. Dumb person who think he's wise. Very dumb

Read my comment again, this time slowly
Sorry! I don't mean to insult you bro. Just that even after writing ur name on d paper can't actually tell court that da over voting was done by an APC or PDP member since someone that wasn't accredited can do the over voting. Meanwhile, the whole votes were cancelled and excluded from both candidates'votes
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Alawode01(m): 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=Faiththatworks post=120423917]Although I feel very sad about the outcome of the Tribunal,but there are certain facts that must be established.
Gov Oyetola's argument has always been hinged on overvoting in some local government especially in All the Ede Local government councils.
According to a report I read from an election observer group,voting continued until around 7 to 8pm in some local governments in Osun State.
The inec law is irrefutable about all voting stopping by exactly 4pm,any vote cast after 4pm is deemed illegal,infact it says only accredited voters are allowed to vote,and accreditation of voters stops way before the voting ends.
My humble submission to Gov Adeleke is to go back and find a way to tally the figures he had by 4pm on election day in all the local government in Osun. The Bvas should have the figures if what inec tells us is true.
I'm not a lawyer but I daresay no court in Nigeria will allow the final figures put forward by Gov Adeleke to stand.
He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths as these would amount to disenfranchisement of a lot of voters,or push for a rerun in those cancelled polling booths.
Either way this case looks really hopeless for Gov Adeleke,this is a clear message to politicans who want to rig in next month Elections,bvas will stop you if you dare try to inflate your figures.
God bless Nigeria.#######He should preferably argue that the over voting should be deducted and not the whole cancellation of polling booths, electoral Act didn't said so anywhere there is over voting is cancellation.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Workch: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
MeineMutter:

They recounted all the thumbprint of ballot that has against PDP logo and all they counted were more than the total number of voters they accredited to vote as compared to electoral Forms filled that contained PDP results sheets. What it means is that physical ballot paper is lesser than the figure recorded on result sheets.

The result sheet of APC was not showing over voting because what was recorded on the result sheet tallied with the actual physical ballot recounted in those poling centers being contested.
you still can't get it
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by ejimatic: 5:10pm On Jan 27, 2023

Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
jackcanfield:
I am still yet to see how the APC candidate's vote looks intact and the PDP candidate's vote is subject to reduction, despite all the security apparatus deployed by the CinC , you would have to explain how over voting is possible.
I just hope their won't be a gathering storm.
Why do you people comment b4 reading? Now, go back and read the news, you will found out that Oyetola's votes was also reduced.
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Gandrova: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
kay1one:

You're still in March 2022... That was the line then
Keep given yourself false hopes grin grin
Re: Why Tribunal Sacked Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke by Easylife1234: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Okorocha Loses Government House To PDP, Uche Nwosu Loses To PDP / See Adams Oshiomhole's Children And Grandchildren At The Governor's Wedding(pic) / PMB In Lagos: Police Blocked Oba's Chiefs, Granted Tinubu Daughter Guests Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.