Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Do You Gain Being A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Gain Being A Nigerian? (155 Views)

Stop Destroying Nigerias Image Overseas You Gain Nothing Presidency Warns / Speaker Of Akwa Ibom State Assembly & Members Gain Access Into The Building / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Gain Being A Nigerian? by ObosiUkwalla: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
Haven lived my entire life and also travelled to almost all states in Nigeria, I am yet to find out what I can say the citizens gain or enjoy as Nigerians.

No good road anywhere, no steady power a litre of petrol going for 450, while diesel is 920.
Our taxes are not used for anything,

Security is not assured, no social welfare for its citizens, you build a house, you tarr the road leading to it, provide your own electrical transformer, pay vigilantes to secure you.

The current government of the day lies that it pays subsidy on petrol whereas it currently sells for as high as 500naira per litre.

Other places of the world have some form of benefit for it citizens, here, it is entirely different.

When I look at my monthly tax payment, I get pissed for giving soo much to a country that gives you nothing in return.

If you have other gains you get from the state as a citizen that we don't know, pls kindly tell us
Re: What Do You Gain Being A Nigerian? by gidgiddy: 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:
Haven lived my entire life and also travelled to almost all states in Nigeria, I am yet to find out what I can say the citizens gain or enjoy as Nigerians.

No good road anywhere, no steady power a litre of petrol going for 450, while diesel is 920.
Our taxes are not used for anything,

Security is not assured, no social welfare for its citizens, you build a house, you tarr the road leading to it, provide your own electrical transformer, pay vigilantes to secure you.

The current government of the day lies that it pays subsidy on petrol whereas it currently sells for as high as 500naira per litre.

Other places of the world have some form of benefit for it citizens, here, it is entirely different.

When I look at my monthly tax payment, I get pissed for giving soo much to a country that gives you nothing in return.

If you have other gains you get from the state as a citizen that we don't know, pls kindly tell us

No benefit in being a Nigerian unless you are someone who likes suffering
Re: What Do You Gain Being A Nigerian? by Ivimmanuel: 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Rejection, lost opportunities, disrespect.....

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War And History / Politics / Osun State NCP Rejects Backdoor Alliance With Any Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.