Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

"New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep (52033 Views)

Keke Napep, Danfo Bus Or Uber? Which Is A More Profitable Business? / ECOWAS Launches Regional Contest For New Currency’s Name And Icon / How Do I Withdraw Or Transfer Money Without My Atm But Am With The Card Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by YourPOSExpert: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2023
This is the time to get POS

You can ask around for Moniepoint Pos and ATM card around you

If you dey ABUJA I can assist you get one
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by do4luv14(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

Please take a seat!

what for
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by do4luv14(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You for no come if you no wan hear na..

Dem force you?

When POS started , people were scared and skeptical .. Now POS Dey people backyard ..

If you no adapt , express go leave you ..

Better go and register your E-wallet before network start to worry am , as people jump into it

You pray to travel out … How many times do they hold cash ?

Learn to move forward in life

What is your earning, Or where/which work did you do for a Living
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by TrumpDonald2: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2023
tungamaje:

Exactly the challenge. Nigeria unfortunately is not yet ripe for that type of transaction. Someone transfers money to you and you won't immediately receive a credit alert because of bad network. The alert may even enter a day or two days later. How would the cashless trade thrive then?

UBA never dissapoints with prompt alert
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by DearGorgeous(f): 10:35am On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You complain too much..

That’s why E-naira is there ..

Transfer to your E-naira wallet , make payment .

It’s going to be instant Because it’s using the same network protocol.

Everyone will start using their E-naira for day to day transactions, while you do other major transactions with your bank..

It’s only for a while and , it will soon get mass adoption.

Normally nobody loves change , it’s painful and annoying

Please tell me more about E-Naira and how do I have one?

Thank you.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by victooman: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You get sense so?

I say E-naira , you say POS?

I said with time , we will adapt …

Which one you come Dey curse me ?

Everyone will up their game , every challenge comes with their corresponding solution.

If you want to remain in the Stone Age, it’s left to you.
shut up ur useless mouth,, see as u just dey yarn nonsense with confidence,,, how many Nigerians own a smart phone,,, ? how many villages have u travel before ,, u are just stuck in Abuja or lagos with no basic exposure on the environment and it interior ,,, is it with this epileptic network and high level of illiteracy that Nigerians will subscribe to ur useless e- naira? since adapting to e naira will take time why are CBN not smart enough to at least put some of this things in order before rushing on with this policy,, were in the world is transition to cashless policy initiated in the way Emiefele is doing it? look at the nonsense u are comfortably supporting,,l can bet my life you have never own a business in ur life,, only God knows if u have ever travel out of ur Abuja or lagos,, just a demented salary earner yarning dust,,, u dont even know were the food u are eating is coming ,,,from when inflation hit u hard that 50k salary of urs wont be enough to feed u , continue typing nonsense
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by Sleekfingers: 12:25pm On Jan 28, 2023
tungamaje:

Exactly the challenge. Nigeria unfortunately is not yet ripe for that type of transaction. Someone transfers money to you and you won't immediately receive a credit alert because of bad network. The alert may even enter a day or two days later. How would the cashless trade thrive then?

When will Nigeria ripe for it? In 2099? When countries like USA, Germany , Japan etc started their cashless transactions, there are hiccups, but they keep improving on it over time.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by TristanX: 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2023
Acidosis:

Do you really need this? The currency redesign does not affect N100 and N50 notes. Just store a lot of N100 and N50 notes in your house. Redesign or not, you're not affected. Many of you don't have any business with N1000 notes to be honest. Those who need your N1000 notes can also accept transfers and cards (POS).

That’s the problem with Nigerians. They blow thing so out of proportion and end up confusing themselves
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by vowiski(m): 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2023
victooman:
shut up ur useless mouth,, see as u just dey yarn nonsense with confidence,,, how many Nigerians own a smart phone,,, ? how many villages have u travel before ,, u are just stuck in Abuja or lagos with no basic exposure on the environment and it interior ,,, is it with this epileptic network and high level of illiteracy that Nigerians will subscribe to ur useless e- naira? since adapting to e naira will take time why are CBN not smart enough to at least put some of this things in order before rushing on with this policy,, were in the world is transition to cashless policy initiated in the way Emiefele is doing it? look at the nonsense u are comfortably supporting,,l can bet my life you have never own a business in ur life,, only God knows if u have ever travel out of ur Abuja or lagos,, just a demented salary earner yarning dust,,, u dont even know were the food u are eating is coming ,,,from when inflation hit u hard that 50k salary of urs wont be enough to feed u , continue typing nonsense

You are a ridiculous excuse for being a human being!

Your thinking pattern and mental make-up is worse than or equal to that of an earthworm.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by CheapHomes1: 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

Since you say you want to make a foo^l of your self..

Let me embarrass your empty brain…

Cashless policy was introduced in Nigeria by CBN in 2012. That was why I asked you again if Cashless policy was introduced 3-months ago, but you were too dumb to provide any logical answer.

And yes, cashless policy will provide security. Criminals will no longer demand cash because they know it’s near impossible to have it as it’s very limited in supply .. if they opt for transfer , it will be easier to trace them.

On employment . Yes , it will bring employment, because a lot of fin-tech will key into this policy and create a robust financial infrastructure that will cause employment. This will also make escrow accounts possible for e-commerce , gradually phasing out the wicked cash-on-delivery option that has sent many business crashing. As powerful as Konga, it could not survive. Jumia for 5 years , never posted any profit.

For fuel and electricity, the same process applies. I am sure you have heard some governors were paying salaries and contractors with cash looted .. The way the system is now, large cash will be logged which will be an easy way for EFCC to pick criminal elements in government. When payments are done by transfer , it’s also easy to audit records for financial misappropriation.

The CBN policy attempts to make stealing no longer fun and easy. When this happens, monies that could not be stolen because it can easily be traced will find its way back to infrastructure.

Why the hurry to impose the policy? You had 2012 to 2022, what did you do with it?

As Buhari said , 3 months is more than enough to deposit your old currencies. And I say again, it’s more than enough.

If you are not happy, don’t que up in the bank latest Monday to deposit your old currencies.. wink

Think say na by to blow gramma online. You fit blow gramma and still no get sense. You are not the first I have seen 🤣

Seems questions 2, 4 to 6 eluded you or did the questions embarrass your brain?

2. Is that what will tackle inflation?

4. Why the hurry to impose this policy?

5. How long did it take for ATM to be generally accepted by the banking public?

6. Was anyone forced to use ATM?

According to you "cashless policy will provide security. Criminals will no longer demand cash". Cash for what exactly? Is it all crimes that criminals demand cash? Is 419 perpetrated with cash?

"... if they opt for transfer , it will be easier to trace them"...can you pls remind of the reasons given by the govt for BVN and NIN? Are they no longer working?

"it will bring employment, because a lot of fin-tech will key into this policy"...I even thought you were going to say more Fintech companies will be created. how does already existent Fintech companies keying into the policy create employment? How will they key into the policy?

What "robust financial infrastructure" will be created?

What has escrow account got to do with the discussion or employment?

What same process applies to fuel and electricity? What is the relationship?

Which governors were paying contractors and salaries with looted funds? How did the governors do that when he could just direct the accountant general to pay as required by civil service procedures?

According to you "...large cash will be logged which will be an easy way for EFCC to pick criminal elements in government."

I guess you meant "lodged" not "logged" cos am not aware of how money can be "logged". So you mean the EFCC has been waiting for emefiele to change colour of naira notes before it can "pick criminal elements in government"? So all the financial misappropriation in govt can't be audited? You need electronic cash transfer before an audit can be done?

If cashless policy is now automatically the cure for corruption in govt, what did the govt say they needed BVN and NIN for? Whats the essence of TSA? Are you saying that all these years buhari hasn't been able to fight corruption because of cashless policy?

Pls name the "many business" that cash-on-delivery option has sent crashing? How did cash-on-delivery send them crashing?

Which Konga did not survive? Even if it didn't survive, Is it because of lack of cashless policy that it didn't survive?

Is it because of lack of cashless policy that jumia didn't make profit for 5years?

You said "If you are not happy, don’t que up.."

Pls what is "que"?

1 Like

Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by CheapHomes1: 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
Sleekfingers:

When will Nigeria ripe for it? In 2099? When countries like USA, Germany , Japan etc started their cashless transactions, there are hiccups, but they keep improving on it over time.

Pls what is the benefit of cashless policy? Is cashless policy the most pressing issue for Nigerians right now? Will it stop inflation, insecurity, bad governance, fuel scarcity, unemployment?

The countries you mentioned, did they force their citizens to do cashless policy? How is their infrastructure, hunger level, employment and govt welfare? Did their govts put cashless policy above social services?

How did you get ATM? Where you forced to get it? Are most of the banking public not using ATM without force and threats?

I don't understand how some of you enjoy being oppressed. A country that is crawling you want it to fly
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by victooman: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You are a ridiculous excuse for being a human being!

Your thinking pattern and mental make-up is worse than or equal to that of an earthworm.
come and talk now , educated illiterate,,, have u manage a business in ur life before? what exactly do u understand by a cashless policy? go and study why cashless policy fail to work in a more organized India country,, the only 4 countries in the world that have successfully eradicate the use of cash their population is not upto lagos population and no country in the world have ever transited to cashless policy in the short span of time Emiefele is giving,,, please travel my brother go and stay in a typical Nigeria villages or Hamlet for two weeks come back and delete this nonsense you are propagating
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by mechanics(m): 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
Hahahahah
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by vowiski(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2023
victooman:
come and talk now , educated illiterate,,, have u manage a business in ur life before? what exactly do u understand by a cashless policy? go and study why cashless policy fail to work in a more organized India country,, the only 4 countries in the world that have successfully eradicate the use of cash their population is not upto lagos population and no country in the world have ever transited to cashless policy in the short span of time Emiefele is giving,,, please travel my brother go and stay in a typical Nigeria villages or Hamlet for two weeks come back and delete this nonsense you are propagating

Empty brain!
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by emmyN(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

Why should it be traced? How many stolen billions under this administration have been traced? Some of you just take joy in being oppressed

There are peculiarities surrounding those cases, but they are not totally untraceable. It depends on who is looking for it. That said, a simple transfer from one account to another leaves enough digital footprint for the recipient to be nabbed. But are you willing to pursue it? No, you have a defeatist mindset and are already comfortable with the idea that nothing is going to work. You can change this.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by emmyN(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2023
frank155:

Why haven't they traced the millions of Nigerians stolen moni?

Was your money stolen and you couldn't trace it?
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by Bimpe29: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
He is being practical, passionate and reasonable about the whole issues around the redesigned Naira Notes.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by tungamaje: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Cashless policy is definitely a nice idea. But this everyday network issue is a real problem. Have you been in a cue in a bank waiting for network to bounce back before your transaction? I don't believe Americans, Germans, Japanese and other advanced countries experience such challenge. Maybe they should come and teach our banks how they overcame the challenge
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by EmekaBlue(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
ItisWell22:

This is one crazy ideas alot of us from the south need to do away with! 🥲

Imagine what you typed, as smart as you are. 😒

You could have simply tried transferring to that account and saved yourself this fallacy of hasty generalization. 😩

Without even an attempt at transfer, the JBY inscribed on that tricycle stands for Jibiya, an LGA in Katsina.

Many of modern day Northerners in Nigeria try to catch up with trends, reason for the Kano logo, “Tumbin giwa. Duk abinda kazo dashi; anfika!” 😊
I stayed in katsina for 2years with a Chinese company on a project. So to let you know other tribes do Keke their also...They are developing yeah and I hope they develop more by learning to vote right
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by samwillyco1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2023
Will banks collect old naira on 31/1/2023
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by 9jaaa(m): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You complain too much..

Everyone will start using their E-naira for day to day transactions, while you do other major transactions with your bank..

enaira kill you there... Since yesterday I'm unable to transfer money from my enaira wallet..
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by 9jaaa(m): 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2023
vowiski:

You complain too much..

Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by vowiski(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
9jaaa:
enaira kill you there... Since yesterday I'm unable to transfer money from my enaira wallet..

Go and die!
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by CheapHomes1: 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
emmyN:

There are peculiarities surrounding those cases, but they are not totally untraceable. It depends on who is looking for it. That said, a simple transfer from one account to another leaves enough digital footprint for the recipient to be nabbed. But are you willing to pursue it? No, you have a defeatist mindset and are already comfortable with the idea that nothing is going to work. You can change this.

You haven't answered my questions.

Why should it be traced? How many stolen billions under this administration have been traced?
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by emmyN(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered my questions.

Why should it be traced? How many stolen billions under this administration have been traced?
Ok
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by Worldking: 6:38am On Jan 29, 2023
Supported
lendahand:
Bizarre

In my 3 decades on earth and counting, I haven't seen where old money is mopped up without new notes being in circulation for at least 2 months

Emefiele is a disaster claiming to be after politicians who will want to induce voters using cash...

Emefiele is the greatest thief himself and also putting Nigerians without bank account through a whole lot...

He should be brought to book asap...
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by Worldking: 6:53am On Jan 29, 2023
Calibrator:
Let them keep wailing instead of adapting to change.

Like this, I have 3k in N100 denominations sitting in my TV Stand... Going to work today, I will take 5 notes of N100 for transport.

Nigerians are generally not as smart they think they are.
You are very insensitive. Just because your need for cash transactions is limited does not make other people not smart.
Re: "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep by Worldking: 7:03am On Jan 29, 2023
vowiski:

You get sense so?

I say E-naira , you say POS?

I said with time , we will adapt …

Which one you come Dey curse me ?

Everyone will up their game , every challenge comes with their corresponding solution.

If you want to remain in the Stone Age, it’s left to you.
How many people get this your E-naira. So if I want to buy garri for example, I will be asking the woman for E-naira transfer. The point is innovations like this should not be abrupt but gradual. We can't continue like this abeg?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner / Jeff Bezos Becomes Richest Man In History With A Net Worth Of $211billion ( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.