Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? (1302 Views)

Lagos Was Owned By The British For 99years- Rufai Shares Treaty Cession Document / Edo Non Be Lagos Crew: What Is The Situation Report? / FFK: The Truth About Lekki Toll Gate Will Be Exposed When Buhari Leaves Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by drlateef: 10:07am On Jan 28, 2023
We have the evidence that nobody can controvert. Tinubu created the Lekki Free Trade Zone. He did that after reclaiming the land from sea encroachment, using his ingenuity. On that free trade zone is the Dangote Refinery, the deep sea port, the Eko Atlantic mega city, the lekki airport and so many other manufacturing and retail businesses. On it are many residential houses like Banana Island and so many other businesses. Millions of people are being employed already. Now, when we point out the achievements of Tinubu, many nitwit opposers would quickly give you a weak argument that it was because Lagos was a capital. Can any of them tell me how Lagos being former capital made Tinubu to have a vision of creating the Lekki Free Trade Zone? Can any of them tell me how Lagos being former capital made Dangote to site the biggest refinery in the Free Zone? Remember that other states had rejected the proposal of Dangote to site the refinery in their states. Can any of these losers and miserable opposers tell me how Tinubu took bribe before bringing these businesses to the Lekki Free Zone?

I am sure there is no excuse anymore from opponents of Tinubu. All that is left is hatred for Nigeria’s development in their hearts. Otherwise they would not see a visionary leader like Tinubu doing wonders in Lagos, and decide that an Obi who has no such vision or Atiku is a confirmed looter will be theur choice based on religious and tribal considerations.

Nigerians vote for Tinubu so that we can have more Lekki Free Trade zones in Nigeria. Do not vote for poor leaders who have no vision for a greater Nigeria. If you love Nigeria vote Tinubu. If you think Nigeria will forever be a zoo you can vote Ipob leader, a useless vote. If you think Nigeria can still survive another looting spree for 8 years, if you think Nigeria needs to sell all its wealth to friends of Atiku, vote for him.

Addendum: With bar code on every ballot paper, Nigerians can vote from home by post in future. Because that bar code is attached to each PVC and cannot be cloned. It will also be easier to analyse votes cast in future and detect any errors arising from the election. That’s the future of elections in Nigeria. The Electoral Act as amended provides for electronic voting. Using bar codes for voting is part of that. The Electoral Act will need further amendments to stop outright cancellation of voting as technology is being adopted to counter those doing over-voting.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Okoroawusa: 10:08am On Jan 28, 2023
According to Rufai Oseni, OBJ built it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by YeeboMuslim: 10:17am On Jan 28, 2023
MrEverest:
Urchins and foolish questions are like 5 & 6. Wasn't Lagos the capital of Nigeria for donkey years?

Why is Ogun state industrialized today while Osun, Ondo, Ekiti etc are not? If Lagos can make Ogun industrialized due to close proximity is it Lekki that is within it won't develop?

Senseless urchins everywhere supporting a braindead criminal.
That branded criminal is actually better than everyone from your place

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2023
Lekki cannot have a free trade zone without federal government. Are you guys just dumb or something?

Do you know what's a free trade zone is and how it works? A state government cannot singlehandedly create free trade zone

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by mycar: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2023
drlateef:
We have the evidence that nobody can controvert. Tinubu created the Lekki Free Trade Zone. He did that after reclaiming the land from sea encroachment, using his ingenuity. On that free trade zone is the Dangote Refinery, the deep sea port, the Eko Atlantic mega city, the lekki airport and so many other manufacturing and retail businesses. On it are many residential houses like Banana Island and so many other businesses. Millions of people are being employed already. Now, when we point out the achievements of Tinubu, many nitwit opposers would quickly give you a weak argument that it was because Lagos was a capital. Can any of them tell me how Lagos being former capital made Tinubu to have a vision of creating the Lekki Free Trade Zone? Can any of them tell me how Lagos being former capital made Dangote to site the biggest refinery in the Free Zone? Remember that other states had rejected the proposal of Dangote to site the refinery in their states. Can any of these losers and miserable opposers tell me how Tinubu took bribe before bringing these businesses to the Lekki Free Zone?

I am sure there is no excuse anymore from opponents of Tinubu. All that is left is hatred for Nigeria’s development in their hearts. Otherwise they would not see a visionary leader like Tinubu doing wonders in Lagos, and decide that an Obi who has no such vision or Atiku is a confirmed looter will be theur choice based on religious and tribal considerations.

Nigerians vote for Tinubu so that we can have more Lekki Free Trade zones in Nigeria. Do not vote for poor leaders who have no vision for a greater Nigeria. If you love Nigeria vote Tinubu. If you think Nigeria will forever be a zoo you can vote Ipob leader, a useless vote. If you think Nigeria can still survive another looting spree for 8 years, if you think Nigeria needs to sell all its wealth to friends of Atiku, vote for him.
It is a creation of the Federal government. Urchins are illiterates.
A free-trade zone is a class of special economic zone. It is a geographic area where goods may be imported, stored, handled, manufactured, or reconfigured and re-exported under specific customs regulation and generally not subject to customs duty

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2023
drlateef:

what a free trade zone means is any location where goods can be shipped, handled, manufactured, reconfigured and re-exported without the involvement of customs agencies.

So tell me how Lagos state can singlehandedly create Lekii free trade zone to stop a federal institution like Nigerian customs and FIRS without the involvement of the federal government.

Tinubu supporters are largely illiterate who are fond of spewing trash without proper information.

No state can create any free trade zone. You know what that means? You are telling federal government not to tax goods and services from that region, who is a state to tell federal government that?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Bluntguy: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2023
You want to compare Lagos to Lekki free zone abi? Issokay. Zonefree oya o. Your matter don reach.
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by ScamHunter: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2023
Mediocrity...one project initiated but never even commenced in 8 years? A mediocre is a mediocre wherever he is. A crook a crook and a drug lord a drug lord. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Ritchiee: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:
what a free trade zone means is any location where goods can be shipped, handled, manufactured, reconfigured and re-exported without the involvement of customs agencies.

So tell me how Lagos state can singlehandedly create Lekii free trade zone to stop a federal institution like Nigerian customs and FIRS without the involvement of the federal government.

Tinubu supporters are largely illiterate who are fond of spewing trash without proper information.

No state can create any free trade zone. You know what that means? You are telling federal government not to tax goods and services from that region, who is a state to tell federal government that?
Olodo.There are quite a lot of things a state cannot do except in partnership with the FG.
A state cannot even take a foreign loan except with the volition of the FG so also is a free trade zone.
What Tinubu did was to think and do with the help of the FG.Yes,with a lot of push and push..
If it were not for the bureaucracy of the FG,Lagos would have been another Dubai with the midas touch of Tinubu and his team.
Tinubu is a genius.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by HydraFeeds(m): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2023
MrEverest:
Urchins and foolish questions are like 5 & 6. Wasn't Lagos the capital of Nigeria for donkey years?

Why is Ogun state industrialized today while Osun, Ondo, Ekiti etc are not? If Lagos can make Ogun industrialized due to close proximity is it Lekki that is within it won't develop?

What do you say of Ibadan then ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 10:50am On Jan 28, 2023
Ritchiee:

Olodo.There are quite a lot of things a state cannot do except with partnership with the FG.
A state cannot even take a foreign loan except with the volition of the FG so also is a free trade zone.
What Tinubu did was to think and do with the help of the FG.Yes,with a lot of push and push..
If it were not for the bureaucracy of the FG,Lagos would have been another Dubai with the midas touch of Tinubu and his team.
Tinubu is a genius.
Shut up joor, you know nothing about free trade zones. Scoilist.

My company's warehouse is at Lekki free trade zone and I cannot be arguing with an illiterate urchin who barely can afford to feed on nairaland about issues concerning businesses.

Free-trade zones are controlled by federal government, I don't just know how to explain simple terms to irredeemable morons

3 Likes

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by GeneralPula: 10:53am On Jan 28, 2023
This kind of thread is not necessary bro..

You want to be debating development with Pandora rodents? Don’t you look at their region?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Ritchiee: 10:53am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:
Shut up joor, you know nothing about free trade zones. Scoilist.

My company's warehouse is at Lekki free trade zone and I cannot be arguing with an illiterate urchin who barely can afford to feed on nairaland about issues concerning businesses.

Free-trade zones are controlled by federal government, I don't just know how to explain simple terms to irredeemable morons
Says a chewing stick hawker and a senior member of Obi imps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Marley15: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2023
U just an illiterate the way u get time type this bullshit try get time read then u go see say everything u said be bullshit

1 Like

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2023
Ritchiee:

Says a chewing stick hawker and a senior member of Obi imps.
Na we dey do business for this Lagos, na we know what's up. No be urhicns wey dey for Modakeke for Osun state or Ogbomoso in Oyo.

Free trade zones are controlled and regulated by federal laws through Nigeria Export Processing zone act via the a federal government agency called Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA).

Yes, a state can initiate the idea to establish FTZs, but it's still at the perogative of the federal government if they will approve or not because it will not be the state government that will be controlling and regulating activities there.

4 Likes

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Ritchiee: 11:04am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:

Na we dey do petty trading for this Lagos, na we know no know what's up.

Face your petty trading,sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 11:08am On Jan 28, 2023
Ritchiee:

Na we dey do petty trading for this Lagos, na we know no know what's up.
Na you Sabi, dey Ibadan dey argue about Lekki FTZ
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Ritchiee: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:
Na you Sabi, dey Ibadan dey argue about Lekki FTZ
Says a holed up Abakeleke indigene. grin

2 Likes

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by christistruth01: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2023
grin
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2023
Ritchiee:

Says a holed up Abakeleke indigene. grin
I will soon start doing importations from Lekki seaport, dey Ibadan dey hate
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Lalar27: 11:13am On Jan 28, 2023
MrEverest:

Oga I just want to ask you a simple questions
Even great countries like USA UK China etc not all their state are industrialized it's not possible, but I question to you is
WHY IS IBADAN MORE INDUSTRIOUS THAN YOUR EAST CITIES: PORT HARCOURT AND ANAMBRA? just answer this question for me please shebi you are insinuating that its because of ogun close proximity to Lagos that make it industrialized what of Ibadan that is more far from why is Ibadan still doing well than your capitals in the east and south south?

3 Likes

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by backtovillage: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:
Lekki cannot have a free trade zone without federal government. Are you guys just dumb or something?

Do you know what's a free trade zone is and how it works? A state government cannot singlehandedly create free trade zone
Why didn't you have it in your hometown with the help of FG?
Don't be annoyed with my question oh

3 Likes

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2023
backtovillage:

Why didn't you have it in your hometown with the help of FG?
Don't be annoyed with my question oh
I am not annoyed, maybe there's no need for it and there's a need for federal government to approve it in Lagos as a commercial hub.

Don't be angry with my answer
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by SpatialKing(m): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2023
Is just like Rivers state claiming development of Bonny inland, Onne sea port..
Those are state government projects but they are sited in Rivers state.

How come other south west states are backward
Yet Tinubu boys have been the ones ruling those states since 2007?
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by christistruth01: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2023
Workch:
Na we dey do business for this Lagos, na we know what's up. No be urhicns wey dey for Modakeke for Osun state or Ogbomoso in Oyo.

Free trade zones are controlled and regulated by federal laws through Nigeria Export Processing zone act via the a federal government agency called Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA).

Yes, a state can initiate the idea to establish FTZs, but it's still at the perogative of the federal government if they will approve or not because it will not be the state government that will be controlling and regulating activities there.

But Tinubu the Visionary of the Lekki Free Zone is from Iragbiji in Modakeke's Osun State

And the Awori founders of Lagos also migrated from Osun State ,founded and Occupied Strategic Lagos centuries before your forefathers and even the Europeans even knew it existed
or where it was

Even the Water from the Ocean at Moba in Lagos was used to Wash Oduduwa's face
fetched from Lagos to Ile Ife by Owa Obokun the first king of Ilesha

1 Like

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by Workch: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2023
christistruth01:

But Tinubu the Visionary of the Lekki Free Zone is from Iragbiji in Modakeke's Osun State

And the Awori founders of Lagos also migrated from Osun State ,founded and Occupied Strategic Lagos centuries before your forefathers and even the Europeans even knew it existed

Even the Water from the Ocean at Moba in Lagos was used to Wash Oduduwa's face
fetched from Lagos to Ile Ife by Owa Obokun the first king of Ilesha
ok, great to know.

1 Like

Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by 00FFT00(m): 11:30am On Jan 28, 2023
drlateef:

Lagos-Ibadan expressway media propaganda machine. Una no dey ever rest?.
Re: For “lagos Was Capital” Crew, What Do You Say About Lekki Free Zone? by backtovillage: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2023
SpatialKing:
Is just like Rivers state claiming development of Bonny inland, Onne sea port..
Those are state government projects but they are sited in Rivers state.

How come other south west states are backward
Yet Tinubu boys have been the ones ruling those states since 2007?
Plz oh which of the SW are backward?
Lagos Ogun Ibadan Ondo Osun Ekiti

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch What HAPPENED As INEC Chairman Announce Tinubu As The Winner / How International Community Courted President-Elect Bola Tinubu Before Election / Sanwo-Olu's Illegitimate Child Curses Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.