Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) (32776 Views)

Scientists, Alien Hunters Study Mysterious Signal From Nearby Star / Please Help: How Do I Track Signal From My Startimes Dish? / China's 24.9 Billion Pixels Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Opexzy: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:
What it means is that the signal was released 8 Billion years Ago, so it took the signal 8 billion years to reach the Earth.

And the speed at which the signal was travelling is the speed of light, with such speed, you can go round the Earth 7 and half times in 1 second.
So with such mind boggling speed, it still took 9 billion years to reach earth.

What a distance!

Sometimes I wonder if we really actually exists, regarding how extremely microscopic we are in the grand scheme of things.

We are unbelievably small, it's scary to think we are alone and even scarier to think we are not.

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ever8090:
sometimes I pity the womb that carried such creature for 9 months and successful drop it to be constituting nuisance up and down .I don't even blame you because that same book you underrate told us that we will come across many fools we will say in there heart that there is no God, I am glad I have come across one of such fool😁...oga, your ability to deny the existence of God alone is a prove of his existence.

At least, you soo foolish to believe that, your father came into existence with a rood under his leg with a pipe in it to perfectly drop fluids into your mother's well carved pussy's hole into a womb, a hole that fitted your father's dick perfectly, then you were formed from that fluid with perfect body parts positioned strategically, with perfect joints to enable you perform certain functions, like typing the trash you wrote here...if you think all this came by mistake or any other sources apart from an intelligent being, then you must be too foolish to understand, why your teeth is perfectly placed in your mouth to chew food, a pipe to take it into a place where nutrients is extracted and an opening to exist the waste and perfectly sealed back ..ha...all this, is still not enough to tell a clown his source is from an intelligent being?.... taaaaaa..you be mumu I beg
Na you come mumu pass

Go and study the biology of microorganisms and see why life can occur from mere organic gases namely hydrogen,nitrogen,carbon to form amino acids that form your DNA.

For your information, all these diseases we are fighting are simply a result of a wrong combination of these above named gases that ultimately form a microorganism that interferes with our DNA,ultimately causing problems in our bloodstream, then we fall ill.

These organisms/harmful pathogens are also trying to survive just the same way you are trying to survive, by trying as much as possible to multiply in your bloodstream
No magic there

Do you know what makes up The Corona virus? Or malaria pathogen?

I bet you don’t.

Just day play

africa will remain a shithole with dreamers like you!!

2 Likes

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by TAYO124: 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

It's the way you handpick what to believe and what to discard for me. This same science is what tells you the time, tells you the weather, tells you your heart rate, tells you how to navigate when driving and helps you through your daily life! Science, using these very principles, figured out how to lift a massive 800,000 metric tonne iron and get it to fly you from one continent to another in a couple of hours! You trust it with your life when it dispenses cash from an ATM to the point that you don't even bother counting the money. Even the phone you used to type this crap is a testament to the brilliance and reliability of science.

But when that same science on who's principles man has been able to achieve god-like feats tells you that Dinosaurs roamed this earth 65 million years ago, or that carbon dating can accurately predict objects that are billions of years old, your stupid ass suddenly becomes a smart ass because one fictional story book written by archaic men who thought that the earth was flat tells you that you haven't been here that long.

Religion is truly for small-minded simpletons, this is why Africa is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. A continent overcrowded with stupid people!

The bible never supported the flat earth assumption. Argue with evidence not sentiments stored in your heart.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by GodHimself: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

It's the way you handpick what to believe and what to discard for me. This same science is what tells you the time, tells you the weather, tells you your heart rate, tells you how to navigate when driving and helps you through your daily life! Science, using these very principles, figured out how to lift a massive 800,000 metric tonne iron and get it to fly you from one continent to another in a couple of hours! You trust it with your life when it dispenses cash from an ATM to the point that you don't even bother counting the money. Even the phone you used to type this crap is a testament to the brilliance and reliability of science.

But when that same science on who's principles man has been able to achieve god-like feats tells you that Dinosaurs roamed this earth 65 million years ago, or that carbon dating can accurately predict objects that are billions of years old, your stupid ass suddenly becomes a smart ass because one fictional story book written by archaic men who thought that the earth was flat tells you that you haven't been here that long.

Religion is truly for small-minded simpletons, this is why Africa is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. A continent overcrowded with stupid people!

This woman, chill....
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by FuckTheMod: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
Righteousness2:
[i]2000 years ago, John the beloved received a 22 chapters-long communication on mostly future events. ( The Book of REVELATION of the HolyBible).
That signal is far more important for humanity to look into and take heed of than any of this “scientific” one. It’s a matter of eternal life or eternal death.

Get Ready! Get prepared! The Signals of HIS Coming are Everywhere !
JESUS CHRIST is Coming![/

Way ray
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
EKONGKING:
Already one is preaching.
When aliens appear will righteousness preach to them and make them repent.
Canada and India are researching while Nigerian are hitting likes on a nairaland resident pastor post.

You are the one assuming that the bible denies the creation of other inhabited planetary worlds by God.. I'll have you know that heaven itself is a planet though not physical... the bible calls the dwelling place of God the 3rd heaven.. 2nd heaven just beneath it and above us is the seat of the kingdom of darkness.. The bible says the secret things belong to God.. all the worlds (physical and non physical) and galaxies.. milky way etc were designed and created by Yahweh the master designer.. All will submit to Him.. There is and will be rebellion but all will be put down and the insurgents will rue the day they conceived in their heart to pervert creation.. Yahweh will rule through His Son for the good of all and not just a few. The armies of Light shall prevail

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:
What it means is that the signal was released 9 Billion years Ago, so it took the signal 9 billion years to reach the Earth.

And the speed at which the signal was travelling is the speed of light, with such speed, you can go round the Earth 7 and half times in 1 second.

What a distance!

Sometimes I wonder if we really actually exists, regarding how extremely microscopic we are in the grand scheme of things.

It's mind boggling alright...

The Universe is the greatest miracle of all.

GUT all the way
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by sonofElElyon: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
TAYO124:

The bible never supported the flat earth assumption. Argue with evidence not sentiments stored in your heart.

True.. When the whole world thought the world was flat the bible already had said that God sits above the CIRCLE of the earth ISAIAH 40:22

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 7:53pm On Jan 28, 2023
Nolevel666:

Na you come mumu pass

Go and study the biology of microorganisms and see why life can occur from mere organic gases namely hydrogen,nitrogen,carbon to form amino acids that form your DNA.

For your information, all these diseases we are fighting are simply a result of a wrong combination of these above named gases that ultimately form a microorganism that interferes with our DNA,ultimately causing problems in our bloodstream, then we fall ill.

These organisms/harmful pathogens are also trying to survive just the same way you are trying to survive, by trying as much as possible to multiply in your bloodstream
No magic there

Do you know what makes up The Corona virus? Or malaria pathogen?

I bet you don’t.

Just day play

africa will remain a shithole with dreamers like you!!

chaiii...se mumu talk,..oga microrganism sir,..did you know that you extended your foolishness beyond the initial stage I met you?😁..your mumu has no limit I swear,..na your papa create the microorganisms abi na microwave ni,..at least your biology, science and whatever establish that everything within our scope of knowledge has beginning,.so maybe na your papa create all those things wey form disease inside your mumu body😁..you are the dumbest Atheist I have ever come across, no single sense at all..😁
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
gaventa:
Africans will believe this without any doubt . These same people will come tomorrow with another narrative and yet we will follow suit . You can see the dumbass called righteousness linking this news with the occurrence in the history book of the Jews and Greeks . Only Africans view the world through the lens of other race . It’s so disheartening.

You've got a valid point.

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2023
dazzlingd:

Because it is.
Christianity killed so many early scientists because they preach what was called anti religious ideas

Later they began to embrace science

Now they are trying to link science with Christianity.

But how do u explain that Noah’s family populated the whole world today of Indians, Chinese, blacks, whites in 5000 years or less without sounding insane. Among Noah’s children’ which one of them was Fulani, or which one was Indian?

Science relies on facts and proves, Christianity tells you not to question but just believe.

Science continues to modify and improve on theories.

Christian Bible has been as old as when it was first created with so many ridiculous claims
so, which microorganisms formed Fulani, which one form Igbo man, which one form Chinese man, black man etc...the way una dey carry this una stupidity for head ehn...so stupid analysis,..
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2023
Robinmido:
I strongly believe that we are not the only intelligent beings in the galaxy. We are not alone

Pray tell, why you "strongly" feel that way
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by CaptMarvel(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2023
Lolz. It was predicted that far away civilization will come in contact with us this year. It seems they've started cool
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by SenatePresdo(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
Opexzy:

We are unbelievably small, it's scary to think we are alone and even scarier to think we are not.

There are way too many unanswered questions, even though science is trying to unravel some.
With the way the universe works, I doubt if there is any thing that exists only in one place.

Humans might exist in a distant galaxy somewhere.
If our universe is not the only universe, our galaxy not the only galaxy, our Sun not the only sun, our planet not the only planet, there is no way humans on earth would be the only that exists.
The universe seems like a repetition of itself from the micro to the macro.

1 Like

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2023
ScamHunter:

No one is African...the whitemen have molded you all into their value system. Is Nigeria an African name? But you bear Nigerian and still think you'll remain African.

It's like I understand this, but it's somehow like I don't get it yet.

Talk more on this, bro
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
I trust science naa..na only them go still come back come tell us say, the billion years theory na lie😁 some clowns here on Nairaland that comes out quick to insult people who believe in God will still follow the new trillion theory...very mumu and anyhow things😁...

Na so I ask one atheist ",bro how far"?...d mumu forget himself, answer me say thank God"😁..we don't have Atheist in Nigeria, but bunch of confused miscreants 😁
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by correctguy101(m): 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Scientists believes God exists, but not in the context that we Christians understand it as.

They believe there are superior extraterrestrial beings with mores sophisticated technologies, which they refer to as Aliens.

They have a doubt that A God that is way to powerful to create the whole Universe as we know it, won't have time concentrating on what microscopic humans do in a microscopic Earth that is in a microscopic Solar system.

The size of the earth to our galaxy is like a single sand in the whole of Nigeria.
And now there are billions of such galaxies littering all corners of the universe.

What we see as Rapture, they see it as alien invasion.
When jesus will come, they will call it an alien invasion.

Rapture is theoretically and Alien Abduction.

But shey na lie? grin
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Ever8090: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:

There are way too many unanswered questions, even though science is trying to unravel some.
With the way the universe works, I doubt if there is any thing that exists only in one place.

Humans might exist in a distant galaxy somewhere.
If our universe is not the only universe, our galaxy not the only galaxy, our Sun not the only sun, our planet not the only planet, there is no way humans on earth would be the only that exists.
The universe seems like a repetition of itself from the micro to the macro.

try locate your relatives from the other micro naa😁..see mumu talk, and for him mind now, him don make sense ooo🤣🤣🤣...oga, look for a bible believing church and start attending, there are no Atheist in Nigeria but a set of confused individuals...😁Stop wasting your time
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by okoroemeka(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

you have summarized what I have in mind,I will just remind me right that Christianity will go the same way other ancient religions that are far older than Christianity faded away,it is already fading in Europe ,the headoffice of Christianity

3 Likes

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ever8090:
chaiii...se mumu talk,..oga microrganism sir,..did you know that you extended your foolishness beyond the initial stage I met you?😁..your mumu has no limit I swear,..na your papa create the microorganisms abi na microwave ni,..at least your biology, science and whatever establish that everything within our scope of knowledge has beginning,.so maybe na your papa create all those things wey form disease inside your mumu body😁..you are the dumbest Atheist I have ever come across, no single sense at all..😁

To reply olodo like you na waste of time.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Nolevel666: 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ever8090:
I trust science naa..na only them go still come back come tell us say, the billion years theory na lie😁 some clowns here on Nairaland that comes out quick to insult people who believe in God will still follow the new trillion theory...very mumu and anyhow things😁...

Na so I ask one atheist ",bro how far"?...d mumu forget himself, answer me say thank God"😁..we don't have Atheist in Nigeria, but bunch of confused miscreants 😁

Shutup olodo

You know how many times people failed while trying to invent the first computer processor?

Science is all about empirical evidence

Your bible has no evidence whatsoever other than blind “faith”

At least the result of science and research gave birth to the phone you use right now.

Your bible only has fairytales to tell
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by SenatePresdo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2023
Ever8090:
try locate your relatives from the other micro naa😁..see mumu talk, and for him mind now, him don make sense ooo🤣🤣🤣...oga, look for a bible believing church and start attending, there are no Atheist in Nigeria but a set of confused individuals...😁Stop wasting your time

I'm not an Atheist sir.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by Robinmido(m): 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2023
Americans spending huge amount of money just for space exploitation. Americans no dey like waste money if you check am dey are yet to invest in ocean exploitation. Another one is that i have a strong conviction that we are not alone because for them to start acting movies about aliens come on man they know something we don't know
correctguy101:

Pray tell, why you "strongly" feel that way

2 Likes

Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by SenatePresdo(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
correctguy101:

But shey na lie? grin

That would be the scientific explanation, because Jesus didn't disclose when he would come na, so for person to just start missing, na abduction abi na missing person? grin
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by MrAndre07: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omahleigh:

You just juxtaposed your comments errantly.
Science has been greatly helpful. It shaped and modified life pleasantly. But it is also limited.
It is only those whose minds are narrow that make some shortsighted posts.
Some countries are more populous than Africa despite it is a continent of its own. I hope that sank in!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by SenatePresdo(m): 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
correctguy101:

It's mind boggling alright...

The Universe is the greatest miracle of all.

GUT all the way

The universe is more than a miracle, its chaotic and organised at the same time.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by ScamHunter: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
correctguy101:

It's like I understand this, but it's somehow like I don't get it yet.

Talk more on this, bro

Post colonial Africans are no longer like our forebears because of colonial disruption. Your mindset is nothing like that of your great great grandfather who was not forced into the confusion of the whiteman's ways. To presume that Africans can be independent of the whiteman's values is wishful. You were born into and trained in their culture, so it's only a struggle trying to identify who you are and what they've imparted into you. Your second language cannot be English and you still believe that you are an independent-minded African. Your country cannot be a figment of the whiteman's imagination and you still believe an existence not deferred to his values.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by MrAndre07: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2023
dazzlingd:
Wow.

The world runs in infinity.
It has no end, no beginning, no walls
No up and no down.

An endless possibilities of billions upon billions of events that could happen and could have happened.
No single creature can contemplate the universe even if given billions of years to explore

It is a beautiful world out there.

What could have happened billions of years ago?
What could be happening in a solar system we don't even know they exist neither do they know we exist
What could be happening in a planet 500,000 light years away
what could be happening in a planet 10 million light years away?

If these questions have never crossed your mind, but rather you are buried in an illusion that the world is 5,000 years old and that the creator of the universe has sent his son to a very microscopic portion of the galaxy, to a tiny earth to die for you tiny humans and chose a tiny microscopic portion of the earth and call them his chosen people. And fight local wars, and decide how you should live your lives and made religion for you to worship him.
Then you must question your sanity or curse your IQ for being so low

When you check the location of the sun to pray, Know that you are only staring into an endless space. So is the creator of the universe supposed to hide in one tiny microscopic portion of solar system?

When you scream to the roof to speak in tongues or shout hallelujah, You are only staring into an endless space.

When you expect your god to return soon after 2000 years, know that the world has been for billions of years and will remain ageless

When you expect to be raptured into the sky, know that you are expecting to travel into an endless space

Man! know yourself and know your world!

Although it provokes thoughts about your belief on the billionth dating of the earth especially with want of necessary details and apt veracity.

The age and period of the presence of man in this world are sketchily esoteric and complicatedly delphic. It requires apposite study instead of taking to irreligious theories!
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by ScamHunter: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2023
SenatePresdo:
What it means is that the signal was released 9 Billion years Ago, so it took the signal 9 billion years to reach the Earth.

What a distance!

Considering that the universe is expanding at a speed more than the speed of light. How did the signal beat the speed of expansion and get to us?
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by bizzibodi(m): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2023
Even when i was wondering in which manner will righteousness2 drop his message now...he can with this he never disappoint.
Re: Earth Receives Signal From Galaxy 9 Billion Light Years Away ( Pics) by TheKingIsHere: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2023
triple996:
9ice cool
Some people book said the world is flat and not more than 50,000 years old grin grin

The earth is flat but you ain't ready for that conversation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moment China's Chang’e 4 lander Landed On The Far Side Of The Moon / See The Huge Snake I Killed In Our Village Farm This Afternoon. (pics) / Caption This Tree Supplying Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.