Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

What Makes Rich Men To Steal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes Rich Men To Steal? (11534 Views)

The Meal That Makes Rich / 3 Sweet Things That Keep Sending Many Men To Their Early Graves / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2023
What Makes Rich Men To Steal?

If poverty is the reason why people steal as some say, then why do the rich steal?

The first ever thief in the universe wasn't a poor man...

It wasn't even human to begin with but a rich and powerful angel (archangel) called Lucifer. Isaiah 14:12-15, Revelation 12:9, John 10:10.

Lucifer was made rich and exalted above the other angels by God, but the riches God gave him didn't seem to suffice, as he tried to steal God's own riches for himself, so why did the rich try to steal?

The first ever human thieves was not poor...

They were could be said to be the richest humans to ever live on Earth at some point, as they had possessions of all that God had made in the beginning, after God had given them charge and dominion over the Earth and everything in it. Genesis 1:28

Hence they didn't need to buy food to eat, as God had also given them the herbs and fruits of every tree He made to freely eat as food, therefore they had food in abundance, so the excuse of hunger couldn't have possibly existed at the time. Genesis 1:29

However despite all their riches and the abundance of food they had at their disposal, that didn't stop them from stealing from the one tree in the garden that God had not given to them, so why do the rich steal? Genesis 2:16-17, 3:6.

God bless.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2023
Now let us come back home and use Nigeria as a case study.

The present dilapidated and shambolic state of the nation's economy, a result of corruption and stealing was not caused by the poor man.

It's not the poor man that would have billions upon billions stacked in his account, a times in Dollars, but still want to steal millions meant to carter for the poor masses. It's the rich, so why do the rich steal?

It's not the poor that would go to the ridiculous length of burying hundreds of millions of naira, that was meant to be spread among poor Nigerians, underground in a building, or have the heartlessness to be hoarding palliatives and foodstuffs meant to cushion the stinging effect of covid-19 on the poor masses, among other such gross acts of human wickedness, but the rich, so why do the rich steal?

The reason people steal is not because of poverty but covetousness and greed.

That's why there were rich men that steal despite having an abundance of riches, and poor men who don't steal despite living in abject poverty, even when they find themselves in the position to do so.

Hence why Jesus never preached against poverty but covetousness and greed!

Luke 12:15

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

He gave the instance of the rich man and Lazarus to illustrate this. Luke 16:19-31

If there was any thief among both, it wouldn't be poor Lazarus (the beggar) but the rich man, because Lazarus was a man of integrity and just despite being poor, but that rich man wasn't, that's why he was sent to hell while Lazarus was carried by angels.

The Pharisees despite being rich were called thieves by Jesus.

He accused them of turning the "House of God" into a "den of thieves" and robbing widows of their houses among other such things. Luke 20:47, Matthew 21:13.

The disciples of Christ despite being poor were not thieves but men of integrity and just, except for the one Jesus called "a devil", hence Jesus called them blessed.

Luke 6:20 (KJV)

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

God bless.

8 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2023
It is only spiritually ignorant and blind churches leaders that would be preaching what Jesus never preached nor sent them to preach.

Jesus never preached against poverty but covetousness and greed and that was what Jesus commanded His disciples to preach.

The only thing Jesus told them to do about poverty is to help the poor and needy, but instead of helping them they'd mocking them and preaching against poverty which Christ didn't send them to do.

Hence, they're turning the "House of God" into a "den of thieves" just as the Pharisees did in those days.

A pastor once said to me a long time ago, when I wasn't yet saved, "one thing men of God have not overcome is the love of money".

He said this out of bitter disappointment and frustration because the man who he started a church with, a fellow WOFBI graduate, had reneged on their money sharing agreement, when it was time for his to leave.

I didn't know who the said pastor was at the time until later when he became popular, and was appearing on TV stations, preaching messages as "poverty is a curse", "the gospel is not meant to be preached to the rich" etc.

So why won't he want to cheat his pastor friend because of money with that kind of antichrist and pharisaic orientation?

Imagine, that's a popular pastor with a lot of followers today, but he's cheated his pastor friend because of "love of money" (covetousness or greed) according to his own friend, so how much more the people he's misleading with such kind of erroneous teaching?

This is the reason why we are so vocal and determined to preach against such antichrist doctrines and ideas in the church, because we know the magnitude of damage it's causing in the church regardless of the cover-ups by such church leaders.

It's producing a lot of thieves, people that would go to any length, say or do anything not to remain poor, including pastors.

Moreover at the time the pastor said this to me, I was still unsaved myself so I was still a chronic thief because it was after I got saved that I stopped.

It wasn't poverty that made me to be stealing but covetousness and greed, hence even though I wasn't richer than I was when I was stealing, I stopped because I had a change of orientation.

God bless.

10 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:05am On Jan 29, 2023
That's why It's wrong to follow the teachings of any church leader regardless of how popular they were, if they go contrary to Christ teachings, because they themselves would also have to answer to Christ on that day, how much more their followers?

I have already shared here how some pastors, including the founder of RCCG, would have not made heaven because they failed to keep the teachings of Jesus about forgiveness.

Who would have believed such a thing about the founder of RCCG if not that the information was in public domain and not kept a secret?

This is why we will keep emphasizing the keeping of the teachings of Christ regardless of the opposition we faced, because we know that on that day that's what would determine how many make heaven or not.

There will indeed be many surprises on that day.

God bless.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Jan 29, 2023
So Adam and Eve were thieves according to you! So you inherited the sin of Adam.
Why are you not a thief too?

1 Like

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:26am On Jan 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
So Adam and Eve were thieves according to you! So you inherited the sin of Adam.
Why are you not a thief too?
Not just inherited their sin, but I was also a chronic thief myself until Christ came to my rescue, saved me and made me a brand new man.

6 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by AntiChristian: 7:29am On Jan 29, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Not just inherited their sin, but I was also a chronic thief myself until Christ came to my rescue, saved me and made me a brand new man.

Jesus need not save a person to NOT be a thief!

1 Like

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by wordbank(m): 7:36am On Jan 29, 2023
Wetin man no go see for nairaland
Jesusjnr and AntiChrist dey fight
grin grin

17 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:37am On Jan 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Jesus need not save a person to NOT be a thief!
All thieves would surely end up in hell fire, so it's important for anyone to stop stealing... And Jesus also did that for me, for that I'm grateful to Him.

3 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Honchoslim16(m): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
All thieves would surely end up in hell fire, so it's important for anyone to stop stealing... And Jesus also did that for me, for that I'm grateful to Him.
The hell you created right?

1 Like

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by AntiChristian: 7:46am On Jan 29, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

So who do am for me?
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Jan 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

So who do am for me?
You know who did it for you if you were also once a thief. I can only speak for myself.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by CrownOfClay724: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Greed.

Human wants are insatiable.
The more they have, The more they want.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2023
lack of death penalty that will be instant, and the trial should not be more than 3 weeks. They fear nothing most than death.
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by BunnyWorldNg: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Rich man steal? Guess greed...

Quickly watch my video on quail farming and challenge here. Subscribe too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-I2y5d2-14
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Ask Tinubu
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by hisgrace090: 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Anybody possessed by satanic power cannot stop indulging in bad habit unless he recieve Christ as saviour.

3 Likes

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by updatechange(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
Ole
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by englishmart(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2023
It's an addiction. They stole to become rich. They must steal to maintain or go higher.

1 Like

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by ipobarecriminals: 9:15am On Jan 29, 2023
sad greed
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Switruth: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2023
Stealing is in the blood.
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by sonnie10: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2023
There is a mental health disorder called kleptomania. This is when people steal out of compulsion. Most times, they steal things that they do not need for personal use or even for the value.
Human brain is wired to store memory of events or actions that create excitement. This is possible through the activities of chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters.
These chemicals controls impulse which in turn is manifested as conducts and behavior.
It does not matter whether you are rich or not, The coded memory in your brain is what triggers the release of these chemicals.

Examples include dopamine, gaba, serotonin, epinephrine, cortisol etc.

These chemicals determines your behavior. Being rich does not stop these activities. Like addiction, you must work to fight the urge when it comes. This is call learning coping skills.

When that distorted thought to steal creeps in, learn how to recognize it. This is called cognitive response.
If you follow the flow or pattern of thoughts that would lead to taking negative action like stealing, it is called distorted thinking.

Sometimes seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist is helpful.
Also removing yourself from an enabling environment is also helpful
Lastly, always remember the consequences. Don’t embarrass yourself and future generations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by PHIPEX(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2023
Greed, selfishness and wickedness.
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by iamsolasoul(f): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2023
The keyword is depriving others of opportunity

Life in a Toyota is different from life in a Benz but people in a Benz started with Toyota

They always make you feel low when their stealing from you
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by adecz: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2023
undecided
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Inhuman69: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2023
To me philosophy
Being Rich is in the mind not by having a lot possession or money

And money no dey reach person
If you get 1m you go need 2m and it continues
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by SodiumValproate: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2023
wordbank:
Wetin man no go see for nairaland
Jesusjnr and AntiChrist dey fight
grin grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by SocialJustice: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2023
Quoting scriptures is so boring. 😩

Why not talk about what is in your experience instead you quoting a book, quote your experience to pass your message. If you don't have then keep quiet before you start telling lies.
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2023
Switruth:
Stealing is in the blood.

It's not in my blood please.
Re: What Makes Rich Men To Steal? by Lionmachala(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2023
Because they are not poor... According to ur story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara / Bishop David Abioye Sunday Messages, Wednesday And International Message For Fre / The Rapture Will Happen Suddenly : Urgent End time Prophecy Updates!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.