Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (78138 Views)

New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned To February 16, 2022 / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by mastermaestro(m): 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
Expect the elections to be moved slightly forward. I knew this will happen the moment PVC collection deadline was stretched into February.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Solababa91(m): 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
But they have POS agents
Parachoko:
Some of una dey talk as if nah every where for Nigeria internet penetration dey

Some LG areas in Nigeria no get any bank
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Atiku only urged the CBN for extention, unlike Tinubu who complained openly as being a measure to undermine his election.

What is the reason for Atiku's request for extension? In my previous postings some days ago I said if the CBN governor or the President extend the deadline for currency swap then they are bunch of cowards and failure. Only fools reason like mad men.

Tinubu is a very intelligent and courageous man. We stand by him and we are proud of him.

Professor Itse Sagay complained bitterly that the Naira redesign and the deadline will affect APC at the polls some days before Tinubu spoke at Abeokuta. Atiku is a politician who married a Yoruba woman as a young man. He understands south west politics. Tinubu brought in money through 2 bullion vans on the eve of 2019 presidential election for APC officers, despite that, PDP won 3 of the 6 South West States without spending a dime. This happened because of the economic depression and its attendant hardship between 2016 - 2019. I am from Ogun State. Preesently, Ladi Adebutu (Lado) of PDP has not spent 1% of the money Dapo Abiodun has spent on Campaign for governorship but it is easier for LADO (PDP) to win than for APC to win governorship in Ogun. You cannot spend billions on campaign in South West while people are in hardship, they will not vote for you. People cannot queue up at filling stations and banks simultaneously without effects on peoples orientation. Tinubu is from the ruling party. He is carrying the burden. Buhari or Emefiele or Osinbajo are not affected by people's crying. They will collect their gratuities and benefits for life. Tinubu is the person presently bearing the burdens of APC. Atiku, from time immemorial don't spend much on Campaign in South West.

Nothing concerns Buhari, Emefiele or Osinbajo about the crying of the people or any crisis created now by their policies, they will collect gratuities, pensions and benefits for life. Tinubu is the burden bearer of this government as at today.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by hurlaryinkah(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Chuksyno(m): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigeria and deadline extension be like banana and groundnuts so tey all stack illiterates don sabi wetin extension mean.
Bvn registration, Nin registration, voters card registration, PVC collection, old Naira notes deposit, all witnessed extension.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Padipadi(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
udumosam23:

Guy, allow them to bring in all the cash first naa. Let us just get the monies in the bank first. Then the questioning can come in latter. I'm sure EFCC and other security departments are warming up. The number of cases that will come up after this will amaze you.
And I hope they are cases that are genuine and has good course. Most of Buhari's corruption cases no dey v logical end. A times it's like media trial
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Padipadi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
ZombieTERROR:

You can't start it Early
it also defeats the purpose..
you end up tipping off these money bags
It won't defeat it.
I ll sniff in prison and severe punishments to accomplice banks, CBN staff or just any mole.
I make law, I follow it and also do some checking behind without traces.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by mechanics(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Good one.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Bimpe29: 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
yemi1504:

With the saboteur banks, how will that be possible?
Aggressive enforcement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by expert234: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Padipadi:
Buhari's has no ball. Common sense suppose tell him he's to give 6 months notice ahead for the new notes to be in full circulation. If he did the policy in order to curb politicians, then it has failed with the extension.
I just don't like a man that pretends to be good but is very bad!
At the end, people ll hate APC more cos the common man has nothing more to go and change in the bank.
The looters has 10 more days to loot/exchange old notes. So...I disagree with the president on this extension. If I m in his shoes, I would v implemented this policy since early last year and give 6 months maximum notice with eagles eyes to watch who's exchanging huge cash. I go catch lots of people and ask where they saw huge cash to exchange.

Buhari doesn't have the balls to question anybody. He and hus supporters are too corrupt to question anybody on moral uprightness
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by expert234: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
RichDad1:
Emefiele is spineless after all. 😂😂😂
He dare not cross path with a moving train like the Jagaban. ♾♾♾

Wailers and the mobs you’re free to rant 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Jagaban the vote buyer will be able to bribe his way into Aso Rock and subject your entire family to slavery for another 4 years grin
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by wasuka14(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
This cbn guy just have coconut head. Changing note colour can't stop vote buying. The big politicians know how to get any amount they want from commercial banks. Are they not the owners? Or the managers of those banks not there bois? It's only the common masses that will sufer it, the same way we are seeing now. Just imagine, if Peter obi or Atiku or Tinubu or senate president, osinbajo and all these state Governors, need 100m worth of new notes, won't they get it? who will stop these guys from accessing new notes of any amount pls? CBN Govnor can't

honey001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFGxFLzcU4

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/578566-breaking-cbn-extends-deadline-for-use-of-old-naira-notes.html

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-extends-deadline-for-old-naira-notes-to-feb-10/amp
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by georgeakins: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
atinga1:

If you can't see the benefits of this cashless policy, you're one of the problems we're facing.

Even in the U.S.A, people use cash everyday to do transactions, cashless policy cannot work here, unless you want to kill the economy.
Moreover, these people in CBN are not interested in cashless policy, they're only fighting some politicians who they claimed were hoarding money. Why didn't they go and search their houses if it is true?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by georgeakins: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
Urchinpainer:

After extending it some people will still not change their money

Changing money is not the issue, but non availability of the new currency.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by georgeakins: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
ceeceeco:
Lagos is a product of more than 100 years in the making and THE FCT from 1960-1991, Anambra was only created in 1991.

no logical person will expect anambra to become like Lagos overnight or become like London in just 8years of OBI.

Before tinubu became the governor of lagos state, lagos was already considered one of the finest and richest cities in Africa even before tinubu became the governor.
(Lagos already had international economic boosting infrastructures like airports, seaports, major road networks, football stadiums and many others even before tinubu became the governor of lagos state). Lagos was actually the former FCT.

before OBI became the governor of Anambra state, Anambra never had things like an
-airport or seaport
Anambra never even had basic things like
- a teaching hospital
- not even a government secretariat, a government house or a government office,
( can you imagine that?)?
- not even a functioning government school
( the children has been home for two years without school in Anambra).
- Anambra was owing a pension debt of #35b
- Anambra had the worst security in Nigeria

that was the kind of state OBI inherited so we can not compare him with tinubu who inherited a state that was the former FCT, a lagos state that was already considered one of the finest and richest in Africa even before tinubu became the governor.

OBI transformed Anambra, OBI built
-The first teaching hospital
-The first government secretariat, OBI also rebuilt the government house and government office
-Saved the money that was used to build the first airport in Anambra
- restored education in Anambra, taking it from number 26 to number one in Nigeria
- cleared the pension debt of #35b he inherited
- never owed any worker salary or pension as at the time he was living office
- Anambra was eventually declared the safest state in Nigeria during PETER OBI by the then inspector general of police .
- during PETER OBI Anambra was eventually declared the state with the highest road network by the federal ministry of works

With all that and many more ACHIEVEMENTS, OBI never borrowed.

Have you imagined what would have happened if OBI inherited a state like lagos as tinubu did?

OBI IS TRULY A GOLD.

By February 27th, your eyes will clear.
You will know that PitObi is only an Ibo project and it is dead on arrival.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by kingsceemark(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jones4190:
they should extended it till Feb 14 so that I will lavish the old money on valentine with my girlfriend and the remaining money will be use in betting on champions league

See the way an adult like you is reasoning, people like you don't even think ahead about the future, after February 14 what next about your future life?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Godwin616: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
TristanX:

Isn’t it better to suffer for 3wks than to suffer for 8yrs because a useless politician came into power after vote buying?
No politician is a saint. All of them do vote buying. It's just a matter of who is smarter. The governorship election in Osun state is a typical example. No politician is to be trusted, everyone of them is fighting for thier personal interest.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by sureteeboy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
KEVIND:
Nigerians will still wait until 9th of Feb before going to do the needful.
I don't think it's about waiting.
I went to a bank earlier to deposit the old notes in my hand, only to discover that all their ATMs are not dispensing any new note. I had to go back home with the old notes I took there.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by wethebest(m): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
johannu:

Thieves bow to bigger thieves.

True😂😂😂😂
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by spiralwedge(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
Both the CBN gov and his president are ma.d and unfortunate
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by spiralwedge(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
TristanX:

Isn’t it better to suffer for 3wks than to suffer for 8yrs because a useless politician came into power after vote buying?

It amazes me how you lot vouch for Nigerian politicians like this. Like una brain too dry or too quick to forget?

So which among all the 20 candidates isn't going to buy votes? Mention one.

Na wá for una. Too gullible and emotional smh

Every 4 years they come to twist una brains and y'all start famzing and forming cults. You all deserve the kind of political leaders you get

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by frog12: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
emefiele is either foolish or something else
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by JoeNL22(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Baba dey f up.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by windvane(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Sermwell:

Shut the hell up you fool!! If it wasn't going to affect him, he won't be all over the place ranting. Someone that has been using all machinery within his disposal to thwart this policy! Keep deceiving yourself grin
You are the bigger fool,son of 10fathers.Tinubu's cry is because it is close to election and you all will see APC as the one bringing the hardship reason he called Buhari out.You fools still couldn't figure that out
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by IMASTEX: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
why are you sounding like if he takes the IELTS, they will give him 10k. Who English help
Read with understanding.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Minjim: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
The
IMASTEX:

Why shouldn't they? If banks that were supposed to be the main means through which the old notes should be faced out were still paying with the same old notes as at last week?

Don't mind that fool.

It inevitable
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Hussein035: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Opintiwa:
Even if you extend it for extra 100 days . no vote buying for the cocaine sniffer called Ebola Hamed thiefnu'bu

I hope urchins will not cry fowl again when the extra 11 days expire

It is only fools that will think this rubbish will affect Tinubu and Atiku.

These people control bank directors, how do Nigerian thinks they will have issues stocking the new cash. If FG like they should add only 1 minute it will never affect them, it is normal Nigerians that it will keep crying and wailing just like obituary
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by shimolv: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by davidtemi(m): 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
Padipadi:
Buhari's has no ball. Common sense suppose tell him he's to give 6 months notice ahead for the new notes to be in full circulation. If he did the policy in order to curb politicians, then it has failed with the extension.
I just don't like a man that pretends to be good but is very bad!
At the end, people ll hate APC more cos the common man has nothing more to go and change in the bank.
The looters has 10 more days to loot/exchange old notes. So...I disagree with the president on this extension. If I m in his shoes, I would v implemented this policy since early last year and give 6 months maximum notice with eagles eyes to watch who's exchanging huge cash. I go catch lots of people and ask where they saw huge cash to exchange.
I want to believe dis 10days extension is with eagles eye. Only that bank CEOs should not be cuny by helping politicians deposit huge money
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Padipadi(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
davidtemi:

I want to believe dis 10days extension is with eagles eye. Only that bank CEOs should not be cuny by helping politicians deposit huge money
I think they are. Those banks too are culprits. Those days last week that they said they don't v old notes but new note, most of them v sold new notes to highest bidder. For example, selling N100K new notes for N105K old notes. Multiply that if it's millions. You see the quick gains they made. And some may be More
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
U for no gree

WhY u gree na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / INEC Admits Error In Vote Collation In Osun Election / Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.