Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (78123 Views)

New Naira: IMF Advises CBN To Extend February 10 Deadline / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned To February 16, 2022 / BREAKING: INEC Postpones 2019 Presidential Elections To February 23rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by davidtemi(m): 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Padipadi:

I think they are. Those banks too are culprits. Those days last week that they said they don't v old notes but new note, most of them v sold new notes to highest bidder. For example, selling N100K new notes for N105K old notes. Multiply that if it's millions. You see the quick gains they made. And some may be More
What a country. It's a pity
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by newnigerdelta00: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
BestMan001:
Must they extend it?

Which kind mumu talk you dey talk,
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Goldbw122(m): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
They have allowed me to spend all my money.. now I don't have any physical cash only transfer.. what a funny world.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by newnigerdelta00: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
tolexy007:
Still better.. Say Capital NO TO VOTE BUYING grin
See this idiot,they day suffer poor masses you day talk of useless vote buying....they can buy votes with transfer and dollars.....once they transfer to delegates, delegates go transfer to grassroots,also they tell you say big men day spend naira they spend dollar's....they day suffer poor masses you day talk of vote buying...
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
Raxxye:
It's cool; it's still two weeks before election.
It will still reduce their vote-buying power by at least half!

It wont
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop self servicing
It's just 10 days
Your Oga wanted six months

10 days is more than enough to get the new notes
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Jones4190(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
kingsceemark:

See the way an adult like you is reasoning, people like you don't even think ahead about the future, after February 14 what next about your future life?
Mr seriousness, what have you achieve with all your serious life?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by blaise26abj(m): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
PNomsule:
Do not compel a population of over 200million people to deposit their Old cash within a short notice. It will most definitely end in chaos. Na wa for Bubu reasoning fa

What short notice ? There was enough notice . Like someone said we as a nation are last minute people .we are not a proactive but a reactive nation . Even with this election a lot of people are not frustrated by the system yet . these politicians will not do anything Until nigeria starts disintegrating. Until there is chaos and extreme systematic violence by the populace on these corrupt leaders , there won’t be any change because there is no motivation for them to change .

Emefiele should have stuck to his guns . When people cry blood and Govt says go to hell you had enough time , whenever the government says there is a deadline people will rush from day 1 .
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Ejaisky: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
It is extension for swapping of old notes for new notes and not the use
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by ceeceeco: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
georgeakins:

By February 27th, your eyes will clear.
You will know that PitObi is only an Ibo project and it is dead on arrival.
No wahala! We are watching.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by plaindealer: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
OkutaNla:
I saw this coming. If not for this extension, the coming week would be very chaotic. The FG may not be able to handle the fallout. The policy is really hurting Buhari's rep particularly in the North at the moment, which was why Atiku tried to ride on it some days ago.

I love Buhari and I think he's the best Nigeria president ever, but at the very last minute of his presidency, almost damaged his presidency and achievements with his own goal.

Yes, he gave the CBN a job to do, but he did not supervise the CBN governor to make sure everything run smoothly, Buhari's hands off approach and aloofness bites him in the arss sometimes, this naira notes change fiasco is a great example, he should have stepped in a long time ago, but his well intentioned and self imposed non interference policy created a lot of mess, now he finally stepped in to correct his own error.

Looks a little too late, but better late than never..
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by plaindealer: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

What short notice ? There was enough notice . Like someone said we as a nation are last minute people .we are not a proactive but a reactive nation . Even with this election a lot of people are not frustrated by the system yet . these politicians will not do anything Until nigeria starts disintegrating. Until there is chaos and extreme systematic violence by the populace on these corrupt leaders , there won’t be any change because there is no motivation for them to change .

Emefiele should have stuck to his guns . When people cry blood and Govt says go to hell you had enough time , whenever the government says there is a deadline people will rush from day 1 .

Yes, he should have, but where is the sense and wisdom in sticking to your gun when there's no gun to stick to or when you failed to do your own Job by making sure than you fulfil your own obligation, by making sure that you have enough new notes to satisfy demands, by making sure you do your own due diligence.

You can not do a poor and lousy job, create unnecessary economic and social hardship and expect people to accept your deadline after violating and rubbishing your own deadline.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
garfield1:

10 days is more than enough to get the new notes
You wish
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Opintiwa: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hussein035:

It is only fools that will think this rubbish will affect Tinubu and Atiku.

These people control bank directors, how do Nigerian thinks they will have issues stocking the new cash. If FG like they should add only 1 minute it will never affect them, it is normal Nigerians that it will keep crying and wailing just like obituary

I am not your mother so I don't reply animals
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You wish

Wish how? Tinubu has major shares in polaris and wema and other banks.there is a possiblity that they will still extend the deadline.prepare for a tinubu presidency
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Backpedal: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hussein035:

It is only fools that will think this rubbish will affect Tinubu and Atiku.

These people control bank directors, how do Nigerian thinks they will have issues stocking the new cash. If FG like they should add only 1 minute it will never affect them, it is normal Nigerians that it will keep crying and wailing just like obituary

How will the bank director swap the money for these men ?

You think banks are kiosks?.
I laugh you people
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by BreconHills(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
IMASTEX:

What made you feel the same politicians with strong connect in the banking industry & government haven't already loaded their warehouses with the new notes as usual. The policy will only affect regular individuals.

In fact it may well make the masses more vulnerable to vote buying. Already stores and retail outfits are refusing old notes. There will be so many aborted transactions between now and Feb 10. Who bears the pain. The poor. Who is the target of vote buying. The poor.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:04am On Jan 30, 2023
garfield1:

Wish how? Tinubu has major shares in polaris and wema and other banks.there is a possiblity that they will still extend the deadline.prepare for a tinubu presidency
Even Tinubu will deny these shares you're allocation to him in polaris and wema
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 12:28am On Jan 30, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Even Tinubu will deny these shares you're allocation to him in polaris and wema

Of course.additionally,Nigerians can still deposit all notes at banks till 17th.so theres more than enough time
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by blaise26abj(m): 3:02am On Jan 30, 2023
plaindealer:

Yes, he should have, but where is the sense and wisdom in sticking to your gun when there's no gun to stick to or when you failed to do your own Job by making sure than you fulfil your own obligation, by making sure that you have enough new notes to satisfy demands, by making sure you do your own due diligence.

You can not do a poor and lousy job, create unnecessary economic and social hardship and expect people to accept your deadline after violating and rubbishing your own deadline.
Let’s leave all his shortcomings . Let’s focus on this policy . The intention is to reduce the printed money in circulation . So there will be shortage of naira notes . The main issue is with the banks . They will probably prioritize giving the money to the big men since Emefiele has always protected them to the detriment of ordinary Nigerians . I have seen celebrities spray the new naira notes at parties while ordinary Nigerians have not even seen one yet .
What CBN should have done is that after depositing the funds , for a period of time say 2 months , NOONE should be able to withdraw more than 50k in cash per month . To help push people to start transfers only . But like all his policies , it is not well thought out .
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by plaindealer: 3:40am On Jan 30, 2023
blaise26abj:

Let’s leave all his shortcomings . Let’s focus on this policy . The intention is to reduce the printed money in circulation . So there will be shortage of naira notes . The main issue is with the banks . They will probably prioritize giving the money to the big men since Emefiele has always protected them to the detriment of ordinary Nigerians . I have seen celebrities spray the new naira notes at parties while ordinary Nigerians have not even seen one yet .
What CBN should have done is that after depositing the funds , for a period of time say 2 months , NOONE should be able to withdraw more than 50k in cash per month . To help push people to start transfers only . But like all his policies , it is not well thought out .

Seriously, I like the policy and support it fully, but what relevance is the policy when it itself is a disaster followed by leadership failure, apathy and inability to address the shortcomings?

What is worth doing is worth doing well, don't start or embark on the things that you lack the will and capacity to do and when you do, be agile and proactive enough to address the shortcomings to prevent chaos, disaster, needless pain, and economic hemorrhage.

They've been begging Emefiele and Buhari to step in and make changes, but they looked the other way and let the situation get out of hand, but eventually changed direction because they recognized their collective failure and the fact that they can no longer sustain their foolish and unreasonable stance.

In fact, I don't even see any dire need to carry out this exercise at the moment, it's not like it can not wait till after the election or why it shouldn't have been done months ago.

Good or bad policy, it remains a thoughtless and ill-conceived idea, and sadly, we are all getting punished for their foolery.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:23am On Jan 30, 2023
garfield1:

Of course.additionally,Nigerians can still deposit all notes at banks till 17th.so theres more than enough time
More than enough time for what?
If the new notes were already in politicians hands you think they'll be wailing like they're doing now?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:27am On Jan 30, 2023
plaindealer:

Seriously, I like the policy and support it fully, but what relevance is the policy when it itself is a disaster followed by leadership failure, apathy and inability to address the shortcomings?

What is worth doing is worth doing well, don't start or embark on the things that you lack the will and capacity to do and when you do, be agile and proactive enough to address the shortcomings to prevent chaos, disaster, needless pain, and economic hemorrhage.

They've been begging Emefiele and Buhari to step in and make changes, but they looked the other way and let the situation get out of hand, but eventually changed direction because they recognized their collective failure and the fact that they can no longer sustain their foolish and unreasonable stance.

In fact, I don't even see any dire need to carry out this exercise at the moment, it's not like it can not wait till after the election or why it shouldn't have been done months ago.

Good or bad policy, it remains a thoughtless and ill-conceived idea, and sadly, we are all getting punished for their foolery.

See unintelligent rant of an ipob wailer
😂😀😂😀😁
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 6:27am On Jan 30, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

More than enough time for what?
If the new notes were already in politicians hands you think they'll be wailing like they're doing now?

Tinubu will have enough of it by 17 son
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:29am On Jan 30, 2023
garfield1:

Tinubu will have enough of it by 17 son
Lol. This one does not even understand anything.
New notes are not going to be in circulation before elections. Know this, know peace
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by garfield1: 6:33am On Jan 30, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol. This one does not even understand anything.
New notes are not going to be in circulation before elections. Know this, know peace

They are sir.i am with excess not
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:45am On Jan 30, 2023
garfield1:

They are sir.i am with excess not
Snap lemme see
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Horus(m): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAawSJFdgc

Naira Redesign Why CBN extended swap of old notes to February 10
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2023
Sermwell:

So you know better than all the financial analyst working with CBN? Weldon Sir grin

They are not financial analyst just a bunch of overpaid yesmen.

They said no extension but we are seeing an extension. The issue is not with extension but distribution. And offcourse our corrupt bankers that has reserved funds for politicians.
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by angelfallz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Yes, that is the idea. There is a filing station close to me. It is transfer they are doing.
Phraences:

So how will you spend the money transfered to your account. Will you be doing transfer for bike man, conductors, tomato sellers?
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by joyousever(f): 11:48pm On Jan 30, 2023
Sorry for correcting your ignorance. This is the reason Nigeria has remained the way it is: allergy to correction! Duh🙄🙄

IMASTEX:

I am not writing an English exam, at least you got the message. We are talking of money, you dey talk of English. Upload your IELTS make we see something. grin grin
Re: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 by IMASTEX: 8:27am On Jan 31, 2023
joyousever:
Sorry for correcting your ignorance. This is the reason Nigeria has remained the way it is: allergy to correction! Duh🙄🙄
Exactly, because your kind will rather focus on the shadow than the main object. Many type quickly with their phones in reaction to a topic sometimes emotionally with several distractions with the time available. You totally ignored the elephant in the room and focused only on grammar deliberately hence my response. My point is know when such action matters. Nevertheless, thanks for the correction none is above mistakes. Cheers!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / "Nigeria Is Better Without The Igbos" - Alaba Ajibola, Babcock University Staff / Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.