Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East (9114 Views)

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ak47mann(m): 2:27am On Sep 08, 2011
Ndigbo Demand 2 More States

Ndigbo in Lagos have called on President Goodluck Jonathan to facilitate the correction of the imbalance in Nigeria by motivating the creation of the long awaited two states in the South-east geo-political zone.

The call was made at the pre-Igbo Day press conference last Tuesday organised by the 2011 Igbo Day Organising Committee. According to the Chairman, Media and Publicity, Prince Chidi Nwafor, who read the statement, at least one additional state should be created in the South-east geo-political zone before other parts of the country would begin to think of having more states.

He said Ndigbo had recognised President Jonathan’s efforts in righting the wrongs meted out to the resourceful people called Ndigbo, saying that was why he should look into the fractured imbalance and correct the anomaly. Nwafor said Ndigbo were the true Nigerians because they were the only ethnic nationality that had  strong presence in human and investments in every nook and cranny of the country.

According to him, not minding the issues of the civil war, Igbo strongly believe in the Nigerian project and have not only sacrificed heavily for its realisation, they were still faithfully doing so today while the other ethnic groups are holding back and doing nothing because they are still very skeptical about the future of the British creation called Nigeria.

He said Ndigbo had shown faith by traversing the entire length and breath of the country and investing billions of naira outside their core zone. On the Igbo Day celebration, he said it was a special day the Igbo nation set aside to thank God for his special love to the nation. “On September 29 every year, we reminisce on the special blessing of our father in heaven, rejoice widely for the life, unity and unbreakable bond that we have, take stock on the journey so far and strategise on the way forward. Igbo Day serves as a veritable platform for Ndigbo to reach out to other groups and nationalities within Nigeria and beyond for the purpose of fostering the spirit of love, mutual understanding and peaceful co-existence.

On this day also, Ndigbo generously showcase their rich cultural heritage, ingenuity and enterprise. The Igbo Day is the single largest gathering of Ndigbo everywhere in the world. The event takes place simultaneously all over the world, with the national event taking place at a designated venue in the south eastern part of Nigeria. This year’s national event will take place at Abakaliki, the capital of Ebony State,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/08/national-08-09-2011-014.html

THE SUN
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Sep 08, 2011
ak47mann:
According to him, not minding the issues of the civil war, Igbo strongly believe in the Nigerian project and have not only sacrificed heavily for its realisation, they were still faithfully doing so today while the other ethnic groups are holding back and doing nothing because they are still very skeptical about the future of the British creation called Nigeria.

To put it simply, Igbo people are dumb? If they believe so strongly in the Nigerian project then they should scrap Igbo day for Nigeria day, and they should imprison Ojukwu for leading them into a war against their beloved country, and they should make sure MASSOB disbands. grin
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ak47mann(m): 2:35am On Sep 08, 2011
^^
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhh undecided  am just don't get it.they talk from two mouth or may be they want to be neutral in Nigerian concept, because If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. cool
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ezeagu(m): 2:46am On Sep 08, 2011
People shouldn't rubbish what they believe just because of some cheap 'benefit' that's due to expire in 4 years.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 2:52am On Sep 08, 2011
wen had enough of all these igbo threads angry hello there are 250 ethnic groups and at least 10 nations no be only una dey naija angry angry angry
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ak47mann(m): 3:10am On Sep 08, 2011
htajz:

wen had enough of all these igbo threads  angry hello there are 250 ethnic groups and at least 10 nations no be only una dey naija  angry angry angry
but we are the big brother in EASTERN REGION  grin grin grin but we need one more state tho if Nigeria is still gonna exist after Jonathan.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 3:17am On Sep 08, 2011
ak47mann:

but we are the big brother in EASTERN REGION  grin grin grin but we need one more state tho if Nigeria is still gonna exist after Jonathan.

where will they carve it our from, you already have 5 states plus part of river and delta, infact i think your the ones cheating the rest of nigerians,igbos and hausa fulanis are the only ethnic groups occupying 2 or 3 out of the 6 regions thats cheating if you ask me.

wait oo so if they give you two more states by 2015 we will have 7 or 6 igbo governors plus river and maybe delta that 8 or 9 igbo governors out of 36, clap for yourself ,na una papa get nigeria.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ak47mann(m): 3:21am On Sep 08, 2011
htajz:

where will they carve it our from, you already have 5 states plus part of river and delta, infact i think your the ones cheating the rest of nigerians,igbos and hausa fulanis are the only ethnic groups occupying 2 or 3 out of the 6 regions thats cheating if you ask me.
is not so my brother we are not occupying any states in delta and rivers we all related with other ethnic group in SS call it effik ibibio ijaw ikwere all got igbo blood in them.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 3:24am On Sep 08, 2011
@htajz

Please calm down. No need for insults.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 3:31am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

@htajz

Please calm down. No need for insults.

am not insulting anybody but you people need to understand your not the only ones in nigeria, fight for anioma state but creating a state from south east is pointless, no matter how much money the state will get with curruption it will decay like every other state in the southeast and rest of nigeria just paying salaries not infrastructure.

ak47mann:

is not so my brother we are not occupying any states in delta and rivers we all related with other ethnic  group in SS call it effik ibibio ijaw ikwere all got igbo blood in them.

tell that to yorubas that have no knowledge of the east, your occupying one quarter of delta and almost three quarter of rivers yet you want more, oliver twist.

dont mind my english,na too much interaction with ekiti people.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by seedord247(m): 3:34am On Sep 08, 2011
why do they want more state?

To make Kidnapping business large ?
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 3:36am On Sep 08, 2011
seedord247:

why do they want more state?

To make Kidnapping business large ?

my friend shut up at least their state capitals  dont like like this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754559.0.html#msg9102996

shamlessyoruba people yet una get mouth pass for nairaland.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ak47mann(m): 3:40am On Sep 08, 2011
htajz:

am not insulting anybody but you people need to understand your not the only ones in nigeria, fight for anioma state but creating a state from south east is pointless, no matter how much money the state will get with curruption it will decay like every other state in the southeast and rest of nigeria just paying salaries not infrastructure.

tell that to yorubas that have no knowledge of the east, your occupying one quarter of delta and almost three quarter of rivers yet you want more, oliver twist.

dont mind my english,na too much interaction with ekiti people.
bolded u are wrong there, in SE we got 3 out of 5 that did well in their states already when it comes to infrastructure  we in SE have already have an independent mind we build roads with our money not government same as houses massive development in  GRA Asaba, igbos have turn the place to small London go their and see the kind of houses this young blood are building over their,so what makes you think that other new states will lack behind.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by seedord247(m): 3:47am On Sep 08, 2011
htajz:

my friend shut up at least their state capitals  dont like like this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-754559.0.html#msg9102996

shamlessyoruba people yet una get mouth pass for nairaland.

Monkey . . . .

Out of 5 state you people had. . tell me what impact have you people make to My beloved country

1. Kidnapping

2. Blood money.

3 fake pastor i.e pastor king.

4. ugly ascent.

5.drug dealer
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 3:47am On Sep 08, 2011
@htajz

Everybody is just saying his mind. I believe that those asking for 6 or 7 SE states will not reject an Anioma state if it would join SE. The need for one more SE state is because we are being marginalized in Nigeria with 5 states while others have 6.

It shows in how we are treated by the federal government. They are scheming to make us minority in Nigeria; but that shows how stuuuupid Nigerian leaders are.
How can a herd of buffaloes imprison and marginalize a pack of lions.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!  undecided  cool

But I know that one of these days, it will become apparent to all that Ndigbo cannot be marginalized without a SERIOUS consequence to the Nigerian nation.  cool
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 3:52am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

@htajz

Everybody is just saying his mind. I believe that those asking for 6 or 7 SE states will not reject an Anioma state if it would join SE. The need for one more SE state is because we are being marginalized in Nigeria with 5 states while others have 6.

It shows in how we are treated by the federal government. They are scheming to make us minority in Nigeria; but that shows how stuuuupid Nigerian leaders are.
How can a herd of buffaloes imprison and marginalize a pack of lions.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!  undecided  cool

But I know that one of these days, it will become apparent to all that Ndigbo cannot be marginalized without a SERIOUS consequence to the Nigerian nation.  cool

ok good luck just remember your also marginalising ijaws in rivers state.

seedord247:

Monkey . . .  .

Out of 5 state you people had. .  tell me what impact have you people make to My beloved country

1. Kidnapping

2. Blood money.

3 fake pastor i.e pastor king.

4. ugly ascent.

5.drug dealer

your IQ must be less than 10 cowards your known to come to igbo threads and throw punches into the air hoping to hit someone, try it with ijaw threads and i will finish you cowards in this nairaland , you people are still living in the olden days when you become a lil bit civilized then you can come and face modern men , btw why are your women so damm fu.kin ugly , they swear for una.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by seedord247(m): 3:55am On Sep 08, 2011
htajz:

your IQ must be less than 10

Ode if mine must be less than 10.

your's must be -1. . . . moreover how you escape from lobotomy
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by htajz: 3:58am On Sep 08, 2011
seedord247:

Ode if mine must be less than 10.

your's must be -1. . . . moreover how you escape from lobotomy

my IQ maybe less than 1 but when i show up in your citiesjungles you all pack your things and run to lagos where you can blend into other populations and not be singled out easily, cowards.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by odumchi: 4:00am On Sep 08, 2011
The Igbo people aren't a minority so eventually we will get an extra state; preferably Anioma. However I view that dividing the already small (in size) SE states into smaller ones is not advisable.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 4:00am On Sep 08, 2011
Posted by: htajz

I don't follow your logic.  The only thing I can deduce from your position is that Igbos in Rivers are marginalizing Ijaws(please provide evidence undecided); therefore Ijaws must help others to marginalize Ndigbo in Nigeria.
I hope you know the full import of that mindset and the consequences.
Rivers politics can never be compared to Nigerian NATIONAL politics.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Jenifa1: 4:44am On Sep 08, 2011
Ndigbo in Lagos have called on President Goodluck Jonathan to facilitate the correction of the imbalance in Nigeria by motivating the creation of the long awaited two states in the South-east geo-political zone.

They need to relocate to Abuja. That's where President Goodluck Jonathan resides.
besides they need to involve SE leaders because those are the people who have more stake in such a project.

Also, states in Nigeria are already so small. what is the motive for dividing igbos states further?
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by ShipIt(m): 4:50am On Sep 08, 2011
Why are these Igbo people acting like they are doing Nigeria a big favor by staying in the union. Create your own country now let us see, Last time y'all tried that secession s*** you were dealt with APPROPRIATELY. Ojukwu is a criminal who should be hanged for treason and MASSOB is an outlaw organization just like any party that threatens Nigeria's unity. Nobody is going anywhere!! We either make this country work or we all perish, simple as that! I'm tired of these Igbo excuse mongering, If you were all that your part of Nigeria would not be so backward would it?
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Jenifa1: 4:53am On Sep 08, 2011
Nwafor said Ndigbo were the true Nigerians because they were the only ethnic nationality that had  strong presence in human and investments in every nook and cranny of the country.

This Nwafor guy is an im[size=1pt].[/size]becile.
besides, this Igbo Day thing sounds like a sham. What is it a regional holiday for igbos?
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 4:55am On Sep 08, 2011
Posted by: Jenifa_

They need to relocate to Abuja. That's where President Goodluck Jonathan resides.
besides they need to involve SE leaders because those are the people who have more stake in such a project.

Also, states in Nigeria are already so small. what is the motive for dividing igbos states further?

The motive is to give EQUAL voice to each geopolitical zone in Nigeria, since Federal Govt business is now conducted using those zones. We are even forgetting for a second that ndigbo are a majority tribe in Nigeria. We are only asking for equality of zones. Or do you think that if Igboland was not balkanized and left in SS, we won't have enough space for 7 Igbo states?
We won't condone this back door marginalization scheme because the Hausa won't take the same treatment, neither would the Yoruba.
That is how you should see it.  Either a 6th or 7th state in the SE zone or let every geopolitical zone be the federating units whereby each has equal voice at the center. Period.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 4:59am On Sep 08, 2011
Posted by: ShipIt

Why are these Igbo people acting like they are doing Nigeria a big favor by staying in the union. Create your own country now let us see, Last time y'all tried that secession s*** you were dealt with APPROPRIATELY. Ojukwu is a criminal who should be hanged for treason and MASSOB is an outlaw organization just like any party that threatens Nigeria's unity. Nobody is going anywhere!! We either make this country work or we all perish, simple as that! I'm tired of these Igbo excuse mongering, If you were all that your part of Nigeria would not be so backward would it?

Your RANT is irrelevant to the discourse. If you are NOT a coward, state your tribe and state here, and I will tell you a thing or two about how YOU lost the civil war alongside Ndigbo.
Goat. cool
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by onyeka13(m): 5:07am On Sep 08, 2011
I don't think irrelevant tones clouded with anger is needed in this debate. However, i think the best option for we IBO is to fight for the creation of ANIOMA STATE.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 5:10am On Sep 08, 2011
^
Anioma state to join SE, YES of course. cool

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Jenifa1: 5:35am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

The motive is to give EQUAL voice to each geopolitical zone in Nigeria, since Federal Govt business is now conducted using those zones. We are even forgetting for a second that ndigbo are a majority tribe in Nigeria. We are only asking for equality of zones. Or do you think that if Igboland was not balkanized and left in SS, we won't have enough space for 7 Igbo states?
We won't condone this back door marginalization scheme because the Hausa won't take the same treatment, neither would the Yoruba.
That is how you should see it.  Either a 6th or 7th state in the SE zone or let every geopolitical zone be the federating units whereby each has equal voice at the center. Period.

ok I hear you. I just thought that dividing already minutely sized states would be detrimental.

Besides, I would assume that pressure to create a state would typically come from residents and leaders in the locality involved. ie special interest groups rather than the whole entire region. ex if Umuahia people wanted a state, I would be surprised if the governor of Abia would support the motion and agree that his state be divided into two.
Why is it igbos in lagos that are deciding the fate of igbos in SE? Shouldn't you start by giving voice to the actual people living in the region and finding out what they want? and how they want it?
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Jenifa1: 5:38am On Sep 08, 2011
Oh I just googled anioma and it turns out to be in Delta state. that makes perfect sense now
it's a Igbo vs Niger Delta thing.
according to the same website, many anioma people don't even consider themselves to be igbo!
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Onlytruth(m): 5:44am On Sep 08, 2011

Oh I just googled anioma and it turns out to be in Delta state. that makes perfect sense now
it's a Igbo vs Niger Delta thing.

NO it is not "Igbo vs Niger Delta thing". Such phrase only exist in the minds of sick fellows in Nigeria because Igbo are also in the Niger Delta.  undecided 
You are putting a devious spin to a just cause.
We need at least one state in SE to balance the federation. We are willing to accept Anioma as the 6th SE state. Nothing less.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by onyeka13(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2011
It doesn't make sense for someone whose name is IKECHUKWU to say he's not IBO. Anioma, commonly known and referred to as Delta Igbo, are a subgroup of the Igbo ethnic groups in Nigeria, comprising towns and communities located in Delta State, South-South regional areas of Nigeria. The Anioma people are also referred to as Delta North, thus contrasting the Delta Central and Delta South densely inhabited by the Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri and Isoko, the other ethnic groups inhabiting the State. The Anioma region has a total population of about 12,114,055.

Some Ika population can also be found in neighboring Edo State specifically in Igbanke, Oza and Ekpon. The term Anioma is an acronym derived from the four original local governments i.e. (A) for Aniocha, (N) for Ndokwa, (I) for Ika-Igbo, (O) for Oshimili, M and A are common denominators in the four original local governments. The coinage was made by Chief Dennis Osadebey, the founding father of the State in 1951 and has since remained the preferred indigenous name by which the people collectively refer to themselves. Thus, A-N-I-O-M-A. are also Anioma people in Anambra State i.e. Onitsha, Ogbaru, Oba, Akwukwu Obosi, Ozobulu, Ogidi, Oraifite. Some are in Imo State - Oguta, Rivers State i.e. Ndoni, Ogba.
Re: Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East by Jenifa1: 5:52am On Sep 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

NO it is not "Igbo vs Niger Delta thing". Such phrase only exist in the minds of sick fellows in Nigeria because Igbo are also in the Niger Delta.  undecided 
You are putting a devious spin to a just cause.
We need at least one state in SE to balance the federation. We are willing to accept Anioma as the 6th SE state. Nothing less.

why not just divide Anambra into two and you get your 6th state to balance the federation?
why does it have to be anioma?
are the anioma people strongly in support of this proposal?why are the Delta state people not speaking for themselves? why are igbos in lagos speaking for them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo Sacks 3,000 Workers For Forgery & Age Falsification / Jonathan, His Wife & Mother Now Accredited After The 4th Card Reader Was Brought / Nigeria Makes Headway In Securing China’s Funding Of Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.