Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States (9465 Views)

Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 9:57am On Jan 03, 2013
If the population of Ijaw is 10% of Nigeria's overall, then they deserve nothing less than 2 States. If Igbos have 5 and Yorubas 6 then Ijaw should have 2 or 3. I've been trying to figure out the problems with creating an all Ijaw State because they are many. A State out of Rivers with Port Harcourt as capital is impossible. A State out of Delta with Warri as capital is impossible. They will also have to concede part of their ethnic groups as minorities in other States. Okrika for example should remain in Rivers with the Igbo and Ogoni groups because they all have indivisible stake in Rivers. The Kalabari area with some parts of Okrika, Opobo, Bonny and co should be given a State with capital at Bonny or Bakana. The other possible State should be very thin vertically and very wide horizontally covering up to 4 States. I doubt if those States will agree because it will block access to sea for States like Delta, Edo and Ondo. That should be the "Toru Ebe" State.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by seanet01: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
Abagworo: If the population of Ijaw is 10% of Nigeria's overall, then they deserve nothing less than 2 States. If Igbos have 5 and Yorubas 6 then Ijaw should have 2 or 3. I've been trying to figure out the problems with creating an all Ijaw State because they are many. A State out of Rivers with Port Harcourt as capital is impossible. A State out of Delta with Warri as capital is impossible. They will also have to concede part of their ethnic groups as minorities in other States. Okrika for example should remain in Rivers with the Igbo and Ogoni groups because they all have indivisible stake in Rivers. The Kalabari area with some parts of Okrika, Opobo, Bonny and co should be given a State with capital at Bonny or Bakana. The other possible State should be very thin vertically and very wide horizontally covering up to 4 States. I doubt if those States will agree because it will block access to sea for States like Delta, Edo and Ondo. That should be the "Toru Ebe" State.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by GARRIx7(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2013
... And ur point is
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):
... And ur point is

Not so hard to figure out. You cannot scatter 14 million people everywhere while people of 30million have 6 States. Maybe the figures is wrong anyway. But since it is accepted at the moment that Ijaw is up to 14million, then Bayelsa should not be the only all-Ijaw State.

Better still we might just abolish States and use complete regionalism and creating homogenous districts instead of LGA's. The districts will receive the 13% derivation while the Regions receive the monthly allocations. That way the 13% will go directly to the Ijaws and the oil producing districts.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by PaulJohn1: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Not so hard to figure out. You cannot scatter 14 million people everywhere while people of 30million have 6 States. Maybe the figures is wrong anyway. But since it is accepted at the moment that Ijaw is up to 14million, then Bayelsa should not be the only all-Ijaw State.

Better still we might just abolish States and use complete regionalism and creating homogenous districts instead of LGA's. The districts will receive the 13% derivation while the Regions receive the monthly allocations. That way the 13% will go directly to the Ijaws and the oil producing districts.

Questionable 14 million grin
If they(Ijaws) don't want to be scattered, the best option for them is to all move to their sparsely populated origin(Bayelsa) and divide it to whatever numbers of states(4,5,7...) they like. The main thing is to have more than a state so as to feel among abi grin
Stealing other people's land is not an option cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2013
Paul John:

Questionable 14 million grin
If they(Ijaws) don't want to be scattered, the best option for them is to all move to their sparsely populated origin(Bayelsa) and divide it to whatever number of states(4,5,7...) they like. The main thing is to have more than a state so as to feel among abi grin
Stealing other people's land is not an option cheesy grin

You missed the point. I'm not an Ijaw but my use of the word "scattered" was in reference to balkanization. They just occupy the coasts of the litoral States.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Akanbiedu(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Abagworo:

You missed the point. I'm not an Ijaw but my use of the word "scattered" was in reference to balkanization. They just occupy the coasts of the litoral States.

Uh hun. Then may be carving out the coasts of litoral states will be a nice idea. Lagos and Ondo come to mind.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by PaulJohn1: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Never in my post did I classify you as an Ijaw man, I used the word "they". Your conscience must be hyperactive cheesy

It'll be preferable if the cheerful giver around them can cede their land(I.e. Onitsha, ph, imo, asaba or uyo) to them grin , remove Ondo from your list grin cool
Eshe, Adupe smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by PaulJohn1: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Uh hun. Then may be carving out the coasts of litoral states will be a nice idea. Lagos and Ondo come to mind.

Fell from my penthouse wink
grin grin

Expecting Eko ile & Eko Atlantic cheesy
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
grin
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Dede1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Abagworo: If the population of Ijaw is 10% of Nigeria's overall, then they deserve nothing less than 2 States. If Igbos have 5 and Yorubas 6 then Ijaw should have 2 or 3. I've been trying to figure out the problems with creating an all Ijaw State because they are many. A State out of Rivers with Port Harcourt as capital is impossible. A State out of Delta with Warri as capital is impossible. They will also have to concede part of their ethnic groups as minorities in other States. Okrika for example should remain in Rivers with the Igbo and Ogoni groups because they all have indivisible stake in Rivers. The Kalabari area with some parts of Okrika, Opobo, Bonny and co should be given a State with capital at Bonny or Bakana. The other possible State should be very thin vertically and very wide horizontally covering up to 4 States. I doubt if those States will agree because it will block access to sea for States like Delta, Edo and Ondo. That should be the "Toru Ebe" State.

The above conjectural crap is borne out of skewed figment of imagination. I wonder how anybody with stable mentality can adjudge that Opu Obu or Igwe Nga (Opobo) is Ijo. People should weigh the craps they post on Internet on intellectual balance before going public with them. It is a fact that such nonsensical write-up strokes the unfounded ego of ill-informed nitwits.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Where's the population coming from? Are Ijaws up to 3million in population?
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by ijawcitizen(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
@MR ABAGWORO & AFAM FOREVER

AFTER A LONG REST FROM HOSTILITIES AGAINST IJAWS, HERE THEY RESURFACE AGAIN!

YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IJAWS AND IJAWLAND SO PLEASE MIND YOUR BUSINESS. YOU HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH IJAW WHATSOEVER & I'M VERY SURE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO IJAWLAND EXCEPT THE IJAW PARTS OF PORT HARCOURT PERHAPS. PLS DON'T LET IJAW BUSINESS OR ISSUES CONCERN YOU, THIS IS A NEW YEAR SO PLEASE FOCUS ON YOUR IGBO PEOPLE AND THEIR NUMEROUS PROBLEMS.

STAY CLEAR OF IJAW BUSINESS, YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US!

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Akanbiedu(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
LMAO.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
grin grin grin ROMFLAO !!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
They don't need more states, what they need is their own rich but mediocre country
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
2012 was ibo vs yorubas

will 2013 be ijaws against naija?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dede1:

The above conjectural crap is borne out of skewed figment of imagination. I wonder how anybody with stable mentality can adjudge that Opu Obu or Igwe Nga (Opobo) is Ijo. People should weigh the craps they post on Internet on intellectual balance before going public with them. It is a fact that such nonsensical write-up strokes the unfounded ego of ill-informed nitwits.

Whatever it is they are the riverine people and belong to INC which means Ijaw National congress. I'm only concerned based on the population of the Ijaw, the oil politics of Nigeria, 13% derivation and States creation.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Ngodigha1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
ijaw citizen: @MR ABAGWORO & AFAM FOREVER

AFTER A LONG REST FROM HOSTILITIES AGAINST IJAWS, HERE THEY RESURFACE AGAIN!

YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IJAWS AND IJAWLAND SO PLEASE MIND YOUR BUSINESS. YOU HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH IJAW WHATSOEVER & I'M VERY SURE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO IJAWLAND EXCEPT THE IJAW PARTS OF PORT HARCOURT PERHAPS. PLS DON'T LET IJAW BUSINESS OR ISSUES CONCERN YOU, THIS IS A NEW YEAR SO PLEASE FOCUS ON YOUR IGBO PEOPLE AND THEIR NUMEROUS PROBLEMS.

STAY CLEAR OF IJAW BUSINESS, YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT US!
Some people say Ijaws are 3 million, some say 5 million and now Abagworo has manufactured 14 million from no where, so can you tell us how many you guys are?.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Ngodigha1(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Where are you Ijaw citizen?. reply me please.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
I will say some hurtful things now. I can afford to say that now.
It really baffles me how Abagworo finds time to suck Ijaw balls and always getting kicked in the teeth, and yet he never stops! It ANGERS the living daylight out of me and I suspect same for many Igbo. Notice that he never finds time to suggest solutions to Igbo problems inside Nigeria. sad

Abagworo once said that Northern Igbo and Southern Igbo are not the same. Maybe sucking Ijaw balls is what he had in mind when he made that statement, because since I came to this Nairaland, I have NEVER seen any "Northern Igbo" suck Ijaw balls; NEVER.
I am wondering whether Ijaw would be so brazen in their land grab and windy hubris if they shared borders with Anambra or Anioma or Enugu states. I wonder where Ijaw would have found the balls to intimidate and overawe the Onicha, or Aguleri, or Nnewi or Obosi, or Asaba or Ogashi -ukwu. If Ijaw had shared borders with these Igbo groups, the Ijaw would have found out that their only borders in Nigeria is waaaaay inside the sea. Nonsense. angry cool
I honestly wish that the Aros had dealt severely with the Ijaw back in the days before Nigeria was formed. It seems they only collaborated and sold slaves with them. Quite sad.

If not for the Dede1's, I would have started to agree with Abagworo that Igbo are not one. sad
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Onlytruth(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Anyway, gotta go. Have business to attend to.
I'll be back later though. cool
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
Onlytruth: I will say some hurtful things now. I can afford to say that now.
It really baffles me how Abagworo finds time to suck Ijaw balls and always getting kicked in the teeth, and yet he never stops! It ANGERS the living daylight out of me and I suspect same for many Igbo. Notice that he never finds time to suggest solutions to Igbo problems inside Nigeria. sad

Abagworo once said that Northern Igbo and Southern Igbo are not the same. Maybe sucking Ijaw balls is what he had in mind when he made that statement, because since I came to this Nairaland, I have NEVER seen any "Northern Igbo" suck Ijaw balls; NEVER.
I am wondering whether Ijaw would be so brazen in their land grab and windy hubris if they shared borders with Anambra or Anioma or Enugu states. I wonder where Ijaw would have found the balls to intimidate and overawe the Onicha, or Aguleri, or Nnewi or Obosi, or Asaba or Ogashi -ukwu. If Ijaw had shared borders with these Igbo groups, the Ijaw would have found out that their only borders in Nigeria is waaaaay inside the sea. Nonsense. angry cool
I honestly wish that the Aros had dealt severely with the Ijaw back in the days before Nigeria was formed. It seems they only collaborated and sold slaves with them. Quite sad.

If not for the Dede1's, I would have started to agree with Abagworo that Igbo are not one. sad

I am only a Nigerianist and if you also observe, I am a defender of Igbo when we are attacked by anybody. I am pro-Igbo and pro-Nigeria. I love justice and equity. Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw or whatever we call them are not one people in any way. We all existed as different people bearing the names of our different groups until recent years started by the coming of the white men. The Ijaw I wrote about existed as different groups too. Same with Yoruba and Igbo.

I ignored that "Ijawcitizen" of a guy because he's not Ijaw. There's ow11, Ibime and Kiwi that I know.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
to the igbos, you all missed the point of abagworo's propaganda here. he is actually helping yhe igbo cause by attempting to distribute ijaws "14" million away from the perimeter of alaigbo and into the territories of non-igbo people, particularly trying by all means to make ijaw a sub group of yoruba.

this guy is a propagandist of a high caliber and i got my eyes fixated on his schemes. in fact everytime he types yoruba i get an alert. in a true regional turf battle he will be the last person to credit ijaw with 14 million people, but in a plot to flush them out of their home region , why not!

abagworo mechionu for trying to grab yorubaland for ijaw. their home region is east, partition whatever land you can for them over there. yeye person angry
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by musiwa11: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
ijaws do not own does places..
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dudu_Negro: to the igbos, you all missed the point of abagworo's propaganda here. he is actually helping yhe igbo cause by attempting to distribute ijaws "14" million away from the perimeter of alaigbo and into the territories of non-igbo people, particularly trying by all means to make ijaw a sub group of yoruba.

this guy is a propagandist of a high caliber and i got my eyes fixated on his schemes. in fact everytime he types yoruba i get an alert. in a true regional turf battle he will be the last person to credit ijaw with 14 million people, but in a plot to flush them out of their home region , why not!

abagworo mechionu for trying to grab yorubaland for ijaw. their home region is east, partition whatever land you can for them over there. yeye person angry
^^^^

I already saw this when he started mentioning Ondo and Lagos with Ijaw grin grin grin

If I may ask Mr Agbaworo, Mention the local government Ijaws are indigenous to in Lagos and that of Ondo as well. Please don't say Oputipupa because I just visited there sometime ago and it is Mahin/Ilaje people that are indigenous aka Yorubas even to western delta.

Anyway I am waiting.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by aljharem(m): 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
Any Ijaw ready to debate with me, feel free to do so with facts... After all we are brothers smiley

Note it was also on Nairaland I heard I am an Ijaw man bacause I am awori ? It's madness to me but please prove with facts why I am Ijaw and not Yoruba.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Noiseless2: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
The Ijawcitizen is a Yoruba guy. Anyway Abagworo has always been shameless and confused.com fellow.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
I dey laff

I thought Ijaws were like 250m
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by DuduNegro: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
alj,

no mind the yeye abagworo. ijaw fishermen travel for miles awsy from home sometime, they are on water what fulanis are on land....nomads! should we say create state for fulani in benue or kwara because they camp in these states enroute in their transit? there is account of a near palava in epe in the second part of 1800s when ijebu people were upset and demanded to know who and why authorized ijaw to come into their waters to fish.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Noiseless2: 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
After claiming that you are an indigen of kano,kaduna,kebi,fulani/kwara,kogi and borno states for years.Now it's lagos and IJAWCITIZEN your azz.

There is no one as ijawcitizen only ALHL_HAREM or HARAM.
alj harem: Any Ijaw ready to debate with me, feel free to do so with facts... After all we are brothers smiley

Note it was also on Nairaland I heard I am an Ijaw man bacause I am awori ? It's madness to me but please prove with facts why I am Ijaw and not Yoruba.
Re: Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
alj harem: Any Ijaw ready to debate with me, feel free to do so with facts... After all we are brothers smiley

Dudu_Negro: to the igbos, you all missed the point of abagworo's propaganda here. he is actually helping yhe igbo cause by attempting to distribute ijaws "14" million away from the perimeter of alaigbo and into the territories of non-igbo people, particularly trying by all means to make ijaw a sub group of yoruba.

I think its high time you guys looked at something outside ethnic interest. If you notice I also mentioned Warri as impossible to be added to an all Ijaw State because Urhobos and Itsekiris are stakeholders there. However areas South of Warri to the coast are clearly Ijaw area. I never mentioned Lagos because of same thing. However there is Ijaw interest in Lagos too. I think the Apapa area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Approves State Of Emergency / Tribunal Affirms Alimikhena’s Election, Throws Out Idiake’s Petition / Kwankwaso Joins APC, Declares Support For Tinubu (Picture) *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.