Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me (398 Views)

Is it Right To Buy Candles, Bintu, St Michaels Perfume For Prayer As Christian? / I Just Dey Pity Christian's When Donald Trump No Win / Why Do Nigerians Claim To Be So Devoutly Christian When They Are So Clearly Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Spare124: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
For the past 4years since I lost my mom, it has been one bad news to another,I have prayed and fasted about it, recently I had to sell my phone very cheap here on nairaland because I had to do clearance in school,thesame day I sold the phone I had an accident that almost cost me my life, i have been wondering why all this have been happening to me,I never have cheated or scammed anyone, I have never tried Yahoo even when it was really hard seeing myself through school... What can I do as a Christian as I don't know what to do at all, I'll like to add if God can touch anyone reading this to help me with 500N. ...

My question remains what else can I do or what must I have done wrong that bad things keep happening to me?
I won't stop praying tho, but I'm just worried.
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Ayobammi20: 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
You know even Jesus said in this world we shall see tribulations.
My advice is that you should keep praying to God and get so close to him
Only him can help.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ayobammi20:
■You know even Jesus said in this world we shall see tribulations.
■ My advice is that you should keep praying to God and get so close to him. Only him can help.
1. What Jesus Christ in fact said is that we will have His peace through our sufferings and tribulations. Obviously, what OP is saying is that he doesn't have peace in His suffering meaning that what he has is not of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Prayers do nothing if yourself aren't living your life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. You can pray till your day of death and God will never answer you not once, why? Because God made it abundantly clear in His Gospel that He only answers those prayers said in obedience to His commandments in Jesus Christ. So, the last thing OP needs to do is pray. He should instead find out what Jesus Christ commands and obey those commands beginning this moment. undecided
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by sonmvayina(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Spare124:
For the past 4years since I lost my mom, it has been one bad news to another,I have prayed and fasted about it, recently I had to sell my phone very cheap here on nairaland because I had to do clearance in school,thesame day I sold the phone I had an accident that almost cost me my life, i have been wondering why all this have been happening to me,I never have cheated or scammed anyone, I have never tried Yahoo even when it was really hard seeing myself through school... What can I do as a Christian as I don't know what to do at all, I'll like to add if God can touch anyone reading this to help me with 500N. ...

My question remains what else can I do or what must I have done wrong that bad things keep happening to me?
I won't stop praying tho, but I'm just worried.

Consult a good IFA.....
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Spare124: 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

Consult a good IFA.....
Thank you boss
Please what the full meaning of IFA
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by sonmvayina(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
Spare124:
Thank you boss
Please what the full meaning of IFA

That's if you are Yoruba

Or AFA if you are Igbo...

It's our traditional way of finding solutions.

We don't go to jesus for solution, we go to our ancestors....

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Honchoslim16(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
You better consult IFA...... you'd need to appease your Ori as well

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Spare124: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What Jesus Christ in fact said is that we will have His peace through our sufferings and tribulations. Obviously, what OP is saying is that he doesn't have peace in His suffering meaning that what he has is not of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Prayers do nothing if yourself aren't living your life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. You can pray till your day of death and God will never answer you not once, why? Because God made it abundantly clear in His Gospel that He only answers those prayers said in obedience to His commandments in Jesus Christ. So, the last thing OP needs to do is pray. He should instead find out what Jesus Christ commands and obey those commands beginning this moment. undecided
Thank you.
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Spare124: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
sonmvayina:

That's if you are Yoruba

Or AFA if you are Igbo...

It's our traditional way of finding solutions.

We don't go to jesus for solution, we go to our ancestors....
Thank you I really appreciate your input. .what you suggested is against my Christian faith
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Spare124: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ayobammi20:
You know even Jesus said in this world we shall see tribulations.
My advice is that you should keep praying to God and get so close to him
Only him can help.
I Have really been praying for a while now and I try to avoid sin as much as I can.
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Jan 31, 2023
Spare124:
.I Have really been praying for a while now and I try to avoid sin as much as I can.
Prayer is meaningless without obedience. The key in the Kingdom of God is obedience, not prayer. To have faith means to accept and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, and since what you desire is against that which Jesus Christ commands, I too suggest you seek other ways of obtaining what you desire instead. undecided
Re: What Do I Do,as Christian When Bad Things Keep Happening To Me by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Jan 31, 2023
Spare124:
.I Have really been praying for a while now and I try to avoid sin as much as I can.
Prayer is meaningless without obedience. The key in the Kingdom of God is obedience, not prayer. To have faith means to accept and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. And since what you desire is against that which Jesus Christ commands, I too suggest you seek other ways of obtaining what you desire instead. undecided

(1) (Reply)

House On The Rock Drummer Slumps During Church Service; Travis Greene Reacts / Why I Don't Like Being An Usher Or A Protocol In Church / Push

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.