Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt (6217 Views)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by seanet02: 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
[size=50pt]Liar[/size]
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by AHA1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2011
story, story
storrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

once upon a time
time, timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme grin grin grin
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
At least they were honest with their incompetence this time.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by japhet2233: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
400MW is what is adding to the present power supply we have
why all these journalist no dey talk truth now
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by otokx(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2011
Liars; all of them Vagabonds In Power.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by denitro(m): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2011
We are still at 4000 MW when some countries are producing
63,366 MW

countries                           Power Produced (MW)
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by adconline(m): 4:24am On Sep 09, 2011
Nigeria is not serious. chrome energy and oil services that got the contract for turn-around maintenance of NNPC was also rewarded with another IPP project , even though it has not delivered on NNPC on job.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by VolvoS60(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2011
ELE-OVIE:

Hopefully, Nigeria would prove the dooms day predictions wrong and remain a strong, united, virile and prosperous nation. . .

grin

odomanis:

gej said nigeria should judge him from june 2012,let us give him that benefit of doubt. i still believe that nigerians should be grateful to god for this gej team. this is the best team ever to be assembled by any nigerian president and i can see sincerity,commitment and competence in them.

grin grin grin
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by xanadu101(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2011
what 'll happen to my Generator? undecided
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by tallfact: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
At times I ask my self if this is the state of emergency that was promised to be declared on power sector. Well we are still hoping for they say that " Ba oku aje eran toju erin lo".
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by HAIRCRAFT: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2011
storyyyyyyy
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^^You Nigerians in diaspora are going to wake up one day and the country would have left you behind. I am right here in Lagos where we are experiencing almost 24 hours electricity and it feels soooooooooo gooooooooooooood! Continue to critisize and talk trash all you can. Your expectations of failure will not come to pass. We are a country on the forward march and no boko aram can stop us. Period! GEJ for life!
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^ Dream on!

Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2011
Dream on? You are making a fool of yourself because light has been constant in Lagos for the past 3weeks and your criticizm cannot change that. I am here enjoying it. Cynical fool.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Gbawe: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
edicolove:

Dream on? You are making a fool of yourself because[b] light has been constant in Lagos for the past 3weeks[/b] and your criticizm cannot change that. I am here enjoying it. Cynical fool.

Is you Estate now Lagos State ? Jeez !!! How on Earth can you speak for the entire Lagos State? There is no change in the Bode-Thomas/Eric Moore/Adeniran Ogunsanya Surulere axis and anyone in those areas will confirm same. 24 hours without electricity is very common.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2011
edicolove:

Dream on? You are making a fool of yourself because light has been constant in Lagos for the past 3weeks and your criticizm cannot change that. I am here enjoying it. Cynical fool.

ee-jit!!! Power has been flunctuating at the same number for years,yet you folks keep coming up with this. Are you all for real?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^If you can read, then you would have noticed I didn't say my estate. I said LAGOS STATE! Because I meant LAGOS STATE! Some places might not have power because of other issues not because PHCN is not supplying power. Issues like bad transformers or step down stations, electric poles damage from accidents and so on. But but for areas where they dont have such issues, the power has massively improved. Some areas receive 24hours electricity especially around Ikeja and environs. Some receive up to 18 hours and improving. I have endured terrible power supply since January with lights coming on only at nights for around 6hours. Sometimes, we didnt have light for 3,4,5 days. But since over 2 to 3 weeks, the light have not gone off for more than 8 hours put together. Some days for whole 24 hours, no blink. There was a power surge on a high tension on the road 3 days ago around 11:30 pm at night. I called the PHCN oga/engineer and he responded within 30 mins and the light was restored. The engineers number is printed on the bill. So I know clearly what I am talking about. You should ask around before cynicism and lack of faith in your country turns you into a fool.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ee-jit!!! Power has been flunctuating at the same number for years,yet you folks keep coming up with this. Are you all for real?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

all my friends have also confirmed improved power around their areas. My church has not run generator for the past 2 weeks. Stop being a cynical unpatriotic fool who only wishes that things will go wrong.

The problem with people like you is that you will be out of excuse for your boredom if things work fine in Nigeria. I am sorry to disappoint you as things will eventually work out fine. Kerosine and diesel has come down. kerosine now sells between N65 and N90 in most filling stations. Light has improved and is still improving. The rail project has started and will improve. We are praying and it can only get better. Your evil wishes will not come to pass.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
edicolove:

all my friends have also confirmed improved power around their areas. My church has not run generator for the past 2 weeks. Stop being a cynical unpatriotic fool who only wishes that things will go wrong.

The problem with people like you is that you will be out of excuse for your boredom if things work fine in Nigeria. I am sorry to disappoint you as things will eventually work out fine. Kerosine and diesel has come down. kerosine now sells between N65 and N90 in most filling stations. Light has improved and is still improving. The rail project has started and will improve. We are praying and it can only get better. Your evil wishes will not come to pass.

This is the problem I have with eejits like you. You are never able to separate your sentiments from logic. OFCOURSE eventually things will get better in Nigeria. There is no doubt about that. But the truth is, it will not happen as long as people like you, with their tongues stuck up the arses of those in leadership continue to remain in the majority.

Kerosene and diesel has come down after yet another flunctuation and you are rejoicing. **shakes head
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Gbawe: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is the problem I have with eejits like you. You are never able to separate your sentiments from logic. OFCOURSE eventually things will get better in Nigeria. There is no doubt about that. But the truth is, it will not happen as long as people like you, with their tongues stuck up the arses of those in leadership continue to remain in the majority.

Kerosene and diesel has come down after yet another flunctuation and you are rejoicing. **shakes head

Don't mind recidivist  like him. How long will we continue to proclaim false dawns (marginal improvements) as the real thing when fundamental causes of harmful fluctuations are not decisively resolved? Did we not see marginal improvements in supply before the elections only for things to worsen gravely ? Rather than ask the Govt to transparently privatise the power sector so that gains are irreversible and enduring, sycophant are busy praising what , at best , is marginal till the dry season reduces water levels !!! Governments come and Governments go but they can now not reverse the gains in the telecoms sector. We want the same for power . In a corrupt and disorderly Nation like Nigeria, where things change in minutes, it is hardly Rocket Science to state that intelligent leaders should seek enduring changes that will outlast their regime and will not be easily truncated by greed and parochialism. Yar Adua came in and started reversing OBJ's efforts yet he could not , even if he wanted, touch the telecoms sector and boot out the likes of MTN. That remains OBJ's 'baby'.

GEJ promised full privatisation but he has completely reneged on that yet Nigerians are not talking about that deceit that would secure serious backlash in most Nations on Earth. Blind followership begets clueless leadership.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So who is talking sentiments and who is talking logic here, eh? dunce! I am talking facts that exist and you are talking your cynicism and fear for the future and your lack of hope and belief in change. So which is sentimental and which is logical. I thought you went to school? I am disappointed in your teacher. ode!
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
rofl . . . .

Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Gbawe: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

rofl . . . .

To be honest , I see people like edicolove as traitors. He is probably GEJ's kinsman who lives in Lagos and is thus given to defending GEJ ahead of speaking up for what is best for Lagos. Fashola and GEJ are at opposites ends as far as power solutions . GEJ decietfully promised "total" privatisation by June 2011 and has now reneged on that promise . Fashola is insisting on the full privatisation that will allow him to , once and for all, end the power woes of Lagos. All true and well-informed Lagosians must unite behind him , unconditionally, in this respect.

Lagos gets less than 1000 MW from the national grid yet needs 10,000-12,000 MW !!!! we do not need this foolish 'up and down' fluctuation , that that will make the development of our beloved State , to its true potentials, impossible.  Real Lagosians , ambitious to see a great City ala London and New York, will want us moving towards the needed 10,000-12,000MW as much as possible instead of celebrating the power fluctuation all of us have grown up with that still remains the same because MW , in real terms , are not being added despite copious spendings!!!

All we will ever see, if things remain in the hands of the Government, is silly 'boom and bust' fluctuations to be celebrated by folks with no ambition. Fashola has been engaging the private sector well. As a Lagosian, I just want GEJ to approve the full privatisation of the power sector and get out of the way !!! Simple !!! I can never be into celebrating silly marginal increase , before the next crash, knowing that we currently get less than 1000MW when we need circa 12,000MW.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2011
Again Gbawe exibits his ignorance in public.

1. The federal government has giving the states full authority to operate power stations. Fashola has even announced a plan for 2 new stations.
2. Rivers state and Akwa Ibom are already in the forefront and have launched gas powered stations. Akwa Ibom is about to commission their own and that was why they are boasting they will achieve 24 hours supply soonest.
3. OBJ started 11 power projects which were completely abandoned by Yaradua. An example is the Olorunshogo power station where the minitser visited about 3 weeks ago and had to redeploy the CEO because he was grossly incompetent. The federal government has now put the station back on and thats why most parts of Lagos are now enjoying vastly improved power supply with some places like Ikeja and environs enjoying 24 hours supply barring little hitches like transformer issues and rain problems and accidents.

Please do not let your hatred for GEJ becloud your sense of judgement and decorum. You must speak the truth at all times even if it means eating the humble pie. People like you want GEJ to fail but he keeps disappointing you. The guy is going to become a positive historic figure in Nigeria whether you like it or not. He is going to revolutionise Nigeria. Even in the face of the planned Boko Aram distraction, he keeps moving forward. Sorry for you.

Meanwhile, the Fashola you keep praising has a lot of nonsense around him. He just does propaganda after propaganda just like his Osun state counterpart. They keep announcing bogus plans and projects to impress and the western press keeps blowing these out of proportion. The Solar powered lights that was said to be the next big thing after sliced bread was a huge expenditure that has gone down the drain. They imported stupid and fake street lights from Asia to dazzle us. Now it is a mess. All the lights are not working. Billions down the drain and no western controlled papers are talking about it. If it was a federal government project, it will be major headlines. All the patched roads are bad again and new contracts will soon be awarded to repair them again. Lagos remains the most corrupt state in Nigeria. I guess what is best for Lagos is Tinubu collecting all the taxes. shior! You display your bias and call it the norm. We can see thru you bro.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2011
My friend from Lekki just confirmed that their's has been on for the past 4 days without blinking. GEJ is working! Nigeria is working! shior! if una like, make una dey criticize there until una get ulcer!
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by Gbawe: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
edicolove:

Again Gbawe exibits his ignorance in public.

1. The federal government has giving the states full authority to operate power stations. Fashola has even announced a plan for 2 new stations.
2. Rivers state and Akwa Ibom are already in the forefront and have launched gas powered stations. Akwa Ibom is about to commission their own and that was why they are boasting they will achieve 24 hours supply soonest.
3. OBJ started 11 power projects which were completely abandoned by Yaradua. An example is the Olorunshogo power station where the minitser visited about 3 weeks ago and had to redeploy the CEO because he was grossly incompetent. The federal government has now put the station back on and thats why most parts of Lagos are now enjoying vastly improved power supply with some places like Ikeja and environs enjoying 24 hours supply barring little hitches like transformer issues and rain problems and accidents.

Dude, you are the highly ignorant person if you don't understand that , as far as privatisation is not full and totally deregulated, Lagos cannot generate and distribute energy optimally and financially efficiently without recourse to the National grid. You really need to go and do more research on the distribution and transmission aspect of the power equation because your grasp of issues is elementary and limited to generation considerations alone.
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by edicolove: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2011
I dont understand what you are saying. How does recourse to national grid deter Lagos state from building a power station. Have you forgotten so soon about the Tinubu-Enron scam? FYI, the rule for power distribution in Nigeria gives preference to the geographical location where the power is generated. That means, Lagos state will enjoy the power from their plant first, before any other state can benefit or at least, they will enjoy a high percentage of the power they generate and they will be compensated for the power they export. So I dont know what you are talking about. The rulle is very simple. Privatisation of existing facilities is different from people or organisations like states owing new ones. Mobil and Chevron have been running private power stations for years in Akwa Ibom, Cross rivers and Bayelsa states so dont tell me the federal government is the one preventing Lagos state. Nothing is preventing them and if they tell you the FG is preventing them, then that is sheer propaganda, period!
Re: Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt by denitro(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
edicolove: My friend from Lekki just confirmed that their's has been on for the past 4 days without blinking. GEJ is working! Nigeria is working! shior! if una like, make una dey criticize there until una get ulcer!

Hmmmm. your friend and definitely not been verified..
ALL HEAR SAY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council / New Video Emgerges Of The Nigeria Army Attack On The Hussainiyyah (Shia Mosque) / FG To Borrow N110bn Via Bond Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.