Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s (71560 Views)

This Advert On Nairaland : Lamore Shoes, Should We Beware? / Check Out What Smart Investors Did In The 90's You Can Learn From. / What Is NOT Wrong With This Advert By Infonet Telecoms Technologies (intts)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Octopusssy(f): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2023
😁😁😁
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by EriMma1: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2023
Mryacks:

Oh my....I remember fido-dido. We use to like to draw him(it) in class grin
My dad bought me a short /knicker beach wear then with pics of Fido Dido surfing and chilling at the beach. I loved it! I used to wear it everyday until my mom began to chase me back to go and wear other clothes. Hahaha..

15 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by almarthins(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

We drank 7up overdose and were picking up 7up cover everywhere we go. Lol

Jibiti

That time na only drink people dey win pass all this car u see there.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Topmaike007(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
Free drinks that year no be child play for mumsy shop

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by ruggedboych: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
Can't remember angry

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by almarthins(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
funshint:
Daewoo Racer! grin

That car then na get value.

Hahaha..racer daewoo

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by BennyDGreat: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
Richy4:
I didn't remember this one.. the one I remembered as a kid then... I can't tell if it was 7UP or Sprite that ran that promo..

They drew all kinds of Animals under the Bottle Cap.. Anyone that discovered Eagle would be given a car...Our teacher was so patient with us those days.each time we get to school,we will ask her the name of the animal that we got .. That was how I got to know Llama cheesy

Your teacher na confam teacher oh. You went to a good school

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by NaijaCover(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
Lol
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by bakynes(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
Na Bigman dey drive Daewoo Espero then. Daewoo Racer too was a nice Car then.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by ogkrakkid(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
Won free drinks lots of time and will wait for that their delivery truck for my drink😂😂

6 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by akanbiaa(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
foxxydude:
A family friend won the Daewoo racer car that year in Benin City
Letter 'D' was the hardest letter to get.
That was how we finally believed
I saw the car live
It wasn't a scam as people are claiming.
Even though the offered cars are few to win one of them one must have to travel extensively within Northern and Southern Nigeria to collect the drink cover and find the scarce letter D.

4 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by ultimateprof: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
Tinubu won most of the best gift that time!
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Bimpe29: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
I remember with nostalgia.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by kamez(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
I dey tell u, 7up e do good oo, if u drink am you go win Daewoo racer ooo

Biskoko na wetin dey happen

Papiluwe: na 7up... 22!!. 22 Daewoo racer for this harmattan, na him 7up dey dash people

Just collect 7up, crush crown cover, take am spell
D and E with woo woo Daewoo...

Ma lo motor pee ma lo Daewoo pi pi pi...

Omo I was less than 6yrs old oo...but I remember every word of that advert...

My papa spell tire🤣🤣..

We dey Waka round the entire FESTAC TOWN dey pick 7up and CRUSH bottle corks for my dad to spell...

But you see that letter D, na there the scam Dey..u will never see letter D

13 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by igahdavid(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Lol
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by RedpillAnalyst: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

Most IG girls nowadays have alot of " D". smiley

Sad how things have quickly changed. This promo should be about 90-92

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sonnie10: 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Richy4:
I didn't remember this one.. the one I remembered as a kid then... I can't tell if it was 7UP or Sprite that ran that promo..

They drew all kinds of Animals under the Bottle Cap.. Anyone that discovered Eagle would be given a car...Our teacher was so patient with us those days.each time we get to school,we will ask her the name of the animal that we got .. That was how I got to know Llama cheesy
The prize for finding Eagle in sprite wasn’t a car. My very close cousin got the Eagle and it was for the highest price which was #50 (fifty naira).
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLORO! O fe je Daewoo Racer!
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by adeblow(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
foxxydude:
A family friend won the Daewoo racer car that year in Benin City
Letter 'D' was the hardest letter to get.
That was how we finally believed
I saw the car live
It wasn't a scam as people are claiming.
I remember vividly. That D, that year

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Psady(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
Anunakeeh:
Old SCAM.

It's been long people have been scamming themselves.
That kind scam is way better compared to what we have now , some won though but very minimal.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Oroolorun(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
God punish the Satan. We became scavenger in the name of winning Deawoo Race. That 7up advert is the biggest fraud in the history of Nigeria promo.

4 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by myweb(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
We won 4 bottles of free drink
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
grin We were desperate for the letter " D " those years.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Chumani(f): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
If you drink am
You go win Daewoo Racer ooo
I dey teli you
7up do good

Dirin gory wetin dey sweet your belle
Na 22, 22 Daewoo Racer na yin 7up dey....................

D-A-E-W-O-O_Daewoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by prizequest: 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Abeg which airfield park this one?

5 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by TescoD99: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:

7-Up carry everybody handicap. Them put us on a looooonnngggg thing grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Iykenuwa(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
Richy4:

Sprite Animal Kingdom, late 80s, this one came a few years later
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Icon4s(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
lereinter:

If you drink am, you fit Daewoo racer, I dey tell you 7up E do good

Luskoko grin
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by SavageResponse(m): 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:

Those were the days grin
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by abidemidare: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
Na free drink me dey win...
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by CzarChris(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:

Kai!!! My neighbor that year, this man bought 5crates of 7up and opened every single one of them looking to win Daewoo racer.

This was everything, every Sunday we would watch nightline with Frank Olize as they announced the winner of the draw. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Shedrack777: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I won it. wink
this i've not seen

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Import Business Plus Fast Selling Products / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.