Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s (71561 Views)

This Advert On Nairaland : Lamore Shoes, Should We Beware? / Check Out What Smart Investors Did In The 90's You Can Learn From. / What Is NOT Wrong With This Advert By Infonet Telecoms Technologies (intts)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
The biggest scam of 1993/1994.. if u get televisio you will look for n you won't see even to follow from friends u wont see it
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
kernniejay:
My brother tried to win that Daewoo Racer that year but for where? 7Up take us shine those times. Imagine, I dont think I will accept that Daewoo if somebody offers me freely today grin
if nah now boys go print that D win am

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by EriMma1: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Oblongata:
I been get that short too!

Really? cheesy.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by geokay777(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
Foodqueen:
Fido- Dido guy.
Hahaha, the difference is Clear.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Zimzim2000: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2023
The tv advertisement was done by jaguar the comedian, in his words : you go win motor, you go win one thousand, you go win two thousand, everything na thou thou thou!!

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by funkyme2014(f): 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
KingMack:
grin

My younger brother won 21inch Sony television

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sameoldguy: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

The D was in Kano while at I got A WOO . I later realised that my friend had DDDEE

I thought there was no D anywhere. Dang

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by eenai(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2023
To get the 'D' na him bi the wahala. Better scam
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by adedayoa2(f): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
I won a wall clock that year, you will think our flat was hosting a star. Everyone wanted to see it.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Ovasize(m): 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2023
lereinter:

If you drink am, you fit Daewoo racer, I dey tell you 7up E do good

Bros You don old grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sameoldguy: 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
Shedrack777:
this i've not seen

Lol
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sameoldguy: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
optimusprime2:

Bro... this thing was a scam o... it was only free drink I got.
If you know how I dug floors up to find 7up bottle covers just because of Daewoo Racer.
Tchai

I only saw one of those cars way back in Benin city and it was on the freeway, I’m sure the driver was just passing through the state
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by wonder233: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Lol the Daewoo Racer car promo 7up did that I could remember was to get three winning numbers from different crown corks... 731 was a winning number, but we always had 730. And so on.. The draws were on TV every week

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sameoldguy: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
LagosG:

If na you sef get the company, you go quick release the D?
lol
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sameoldguy: 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
dominique:
See as the car even be sef, it looked so sleek back in the day o. If only parents knew the kind of garbage and dumpsites their children dug through, how their kids risked their lives walking long distances picking up bottle crowns, crossing dangerous streets to go and pickup crowns in canteens, joints, parties etc in search of the elusive letter D, they would have sued 7up bottling Company!

Life those days were better

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by UniqueDennis(m): 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
The good ole days
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by KoolBigk(m): 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

We drank 7up overdose and were picking up 7up cover eDEverywhere we go. Lol

7up used the Daewoo Racer carry everybody handicap that year smiley
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by oliverwrites: 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2023
I know someone who got the D back then. Wonderful nostalgia.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by rickleye: 11:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
That’s why Demon Racer is no longer in existence. We drank sugar like no tomorrow’ in search of that non existence rubbish vehicle .
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by rickleye: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
wonder233:
Lol the Daewoo Racer car promo 7up did that I could remember was to get three winning numbers from different crown corks... 731 was a winning number, but we always had 730. And so on.. The draws were on TV every week

And there was light ! So population increased but brain power of leaders shrunk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by superCleanworks(m): 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:
Did you ever win this ‘Daewoo Racer’ abi na Daewoo Espero, or you know anyone who won it? cos in my house then we had tons of A-E-W-O-O, but no “D”. Lol.

We drank 7up overdose and were picking up 7up cover everywhere we go. Lol

I remember the advert song:
I DEY TELL YOU SEVEN UP DO GOOD OH, IF YOU DRINK AM YOU FIT WIN DAEWOO RACER. 🎶
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Tokziby: 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:

It was a Daewoo Espero... And the theme of the advert was 7up High life. If only Nairaland accepts voice note, i for give u the full anthem. It goes thus;
7up high life... higher and high, brings the chances of a good life... if I could live a dream, I'd always live the dream, I wouldn't miss a dream, I will have a dream of winning a daewoo espero.... a 7up radio, a Walkman, tv, refrigerator, personal computer, Polaroid camera.
7up high life!.
It was after this competition they introduced another one of winning Volkswagen Jetta car.
13 Jetta cars.
One of my schoolmate won it back then but I later heard rumour that 7up collected it and gave them.some money...
If u are wondering how I could still recollect the theme song, well I was a jobless kid that has nothing to do aside sitting on the first chair after the TV from 4pm when the stations open till 12 am closing time. I could even give u programs of each station(channel 5, 7,10 and LTV) from 4 - 12 Mondays to Friday and 9-12 weekends. I knew from every advert, to cartoon, sitcoms and soap opera theme songs. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by yom2(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2023
aieromon:
My mom had a provisions shop and I made sure to keep all crown corks after opening the bottles. The only thing I won was a free drink. I believe I won up to a crate.

Fido Dido scammed me.
those ones 7 up are scammers. The real deal was coker cola. I won 50k at a time. And went for a reception and lunch party to meet others that won 100k,200k,250,500k,150k,300k. Those guys were very real and I everly prayed for them. That was how I got my first mobile line after a long waiting

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by yom2(m): 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2023
Conner44:
Omo grin I remember this promo. It was the ‘shiznit’ that year. It ran for almost a full year. Diabetes wey hold people then because of daewoo racer ehn . . . That ride was on point waaaaay back then

Bottle cover full boys pockets dey jingle anyhow yet no daewoo racer for garage cry
na cocacola be the banger
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by scobaba: 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2023
Di A e wu uh uuh ...Daewoo. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by yom2(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2023
Asgard13:

Honda prelude … one door grin

Early 90’s make so much sense .. life was easy and cool..

I mean all over the world then..

80’s no too sweet like early 90’s

Life goes on bro
it was like all the musicals, sports and scientific greatest happened back then Don't know wetin today generation dey form
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by highchief1: 11:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
sameoldguy:

obidients won’t know this.
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Skyehigher1: 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
Humm back then everywhere me and my friends all our pocket is full of cover of 7up he just dey jingle anyhow after that coca cola also do their promo too
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by mkoabiola: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
This was d beginning of scam
Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by Tokziby: 11:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
sonnie10:

The prize for finding Eagle in sprite wasn’t a car. My very close cousin got the Eagle and it was for the highest price which was #50 (fifty naira).
Set awon O.G... that was their very first competition
Na one bad memory u give me so... it was seven animals Eagle, elephant, camel, deer, crocodile, i think snake and giraffe.
The bad memory was that our next door neighbour sells softdrinks and I used to go there and play with my younger friend Gideon(he's late now). I found a crown cover on the floor that was still intact with the white rubber lead inside, I opened it and behold a whole crate of free drinks, na so the mumu little me shouted, "I've won, I've won" Na then and there the boy said it was his crown cover and had been playing with it. Omo I japa and told him, "if it was urs why was it on the floor and why didn't u open it". Na so I went infront of the house and started doing show off to the people walking on our street, while the boy was busy pestering my life to return his crown cover. Na so I held on firm to it Until he reported me to my elder brother and that one forced me to return ASAP. Omo I no fit cry that day, my eyes were just laced with tears lipsrsealed e pain die!!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by la1(m): 12:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Tokziby:

It was a Daewoo Espero... And the theme of the advert was 7up High life. If only Nairaland accepts voice note, i for give u the full anthem. It goes thus;
7up high life... higher and high, brings the chances of a good life... if I could live a dream, I'd always live the dream, I wouldn't miss a dream, I will have a dream of winning a daewoo espero.... a 7up radio, a Walkman, tv, refrigerator, personal computer, Polaroid camera.
7up high life!.
It was after this competition they introduced another one of winning Volkswagen Jetta car.
13 Jetta cars.
One of my schoolmate won it back then but I later heard rumour that 7up collected it and gave them.some money...
If u are wondering how I could still recollect the theme song, well I was a jobless kid that has nothing to do aside sitting on the first chair after the TV from 4pm when the stations open till 12 am closing time. I could even give u programs of each station(channel 5, 7,10 and LTV) from 4 - 12 Mondays to Friday and 9-12 weekends. I knew from every advert, to cartoon, sitcoms and soap opera theme songs. grin

Tarrteen! Tarrteen jetta car!! I go die oooooo!!! grin..
You d real OG for this one,that triggered some real nostalgia for me

1 Like

Re: How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s by sonnie10: 12:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Tokziby:

Set awon O.G... that was their very first competition
Na one bad memory u give me so... it was seven animals Eagle, elephant, camel, deer, crocodile, i think snake and giraffe.
The bad memory was that our next door neighbour sells softdrinks and I used to go there and play with my younger friend Gideon(he's late now). I found a crown cover on the floor that was still intact with the white rubber lead inside, I opened it and behold a whole crate of free drinks, na so the mumu little me shouted, "I've won, I've won" Na then and there the boy said it was his crown cover and had been playing with it. Omo I japa and told him, "if it was urs why was it on the floor and why didn't u open it". Na so I went infront of the house and started doing show off to the people walking on our street, while the boy was busy pestering my life to return his crown cover. Na so I held on firm to it Until he reported me to my elder brother and that one forced me to return ASAP. Omo I no fit cry that day, my eyes were just laced with tears lipsrsealed e pain die!!! angry
The animal you forgot is lama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Import Business Plus Fast Selling Products / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.