Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (14789 Views)

I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo / There Are Plans To Assassinate Lagos LP Candidate, Gbadebo: Bode George / Gbadegbo Vivour Rhodes Wins Lagos LP Guber Candidate Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by knowhowk: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
Even say na u get chances to win b4 ,Because of this those hoodlums go scatter the success ,Sometimes some words like this should not be said ..
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by doublecross(m): 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
long overdue. we shouldnt be having agberos in a sane society
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Ken4Christ: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
You don't solve a problem by creating another one which is worse.

You will ban agbero but you don't have plans to create another job for them. They will turn into robbery and kidnapping and increase the challenges of insecurity in the state.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2023
You just took yourself off the race.....
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Midehi3(f): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
SOFTSKILL:

E pain you die, if you behave like them, you get their treatment
What is this thing saying sef undecided
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by PeterObi4LP: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
The worst of it is that some Lagosians don't actually knows they are under Tinubu spell. They'll rather defend him than agree with you, not knowing they are under a spell.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Menclothing: 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
Homefingers:
Give them all to Labour Party

Lolz are we voting competence or just party
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Homefingers: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Menclothing:

Lolz are we voting competence or just party
LP is key on competence and integrity
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by GRVLagos(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2023
Good day everyone, to help clear controversy, please ignore catchy soundbites and listen to the holistic approach, what we are going to do away with is the CURRENT SYSTEM we have, it is ineffective, un-compassionate and has been breeding violence and intimidation in the state, you cannot ban people , but we can rehabilitate them and remove the system that led them down this path and produce better outcomes for them and the entire state.
For too long the APC govt have exploited vulnerable youth of Lagos for violence and a mafia type chokehold on lagosians. Bus drivers, commuters, business owners, residents are tired, and even when engaged you will find alot of these exploited young men would seek alternative work if just given the chance with jobs and training.
My administration will engage the youth, our youth must be engaged in a way that brings out their best. This is why our focus is to create robust skill acquisition programs in every local govt and incentivise companies to hire grads of this program. We will tackle drug addiction as a health issue not a criminal one.
I unapologetically will fight this current system not with guns but with jobs, kindness and engagement. We will will declare a state of emergency on youth unemployment and tackle it systematically. I am not banning the people, I am removing a system and empowering them to live better and more productive lives.
you can get my full answer with what I said in VIDEO RIGHT HERE from last night
https://twitter.com/GRVlagos/status/1620053638688407554

you can also watch the entirety of the debate right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqeS76qny9o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Sleekfingers: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
adenigga:
:

Source: https://punchng.com/I-will-ban-agbero-says-Lagos-LP-gov-candidate

You should have kept to yourself , until you become the governor........

Agbero in Lagos no dey joke with election oooo.....
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by damosky12(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
GRVLagos:
Good day everyone, to help clear controversy, please ignore catchy soundbites and listen to the holistic approach, what we are going to do away with is the CURRENT SYSTEM we have, it is ineffective, un-compassionate and has been breeding violence and intimidation in the state, you cannot ban people , but we can rehabilitate them and remove the system that led them down this path and produce better outcomes for them and the entire state.
For too long the APC govt have exploited vulnerable youth of Lagos for violence and a mafia type chokehold on lagosians. Bus drivers, commuters, business owners, residents are tired, and even when engaged you will find alot of these exploited young men would seek alternative work if just given the chance with jobs and training.
My administration will engage the youth, our youth must be engaged in a way that brings out their best. This is why our focus is to create robust skill acquisition programs in every local govt and incentivise companies to hire grads of this program. We will tackle drug addiction as a health issue not a criminal one.
I unapologetically will fight this current system not with guns but with jobs, kindness and engagement. We will will declare a state of emergency on youth unemployment and tackle it systematically. I am not banning the people, I am removing a system and empowering them to live better and more productive lives.

you can also watch the entirety of the debate right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqeS76qny9o

How feasible is this, considering that there are hundreds of thousands of such youths? How could you possible "rehabilitate" these multitude of uneducated young men who have lived virtually all their lives on the streets within just four years? Are you really considering the economic, time, and human resource consequences such a project may demand?
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by shonepa(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
As sense no gum am now...just open mouth say u go ban dem. Instead why not tell us better ways to channel their energy.

Thousands of of Agbero out of work.... ok na em eye go clear.

Even some butter folks don dey claim street.

Hopium:
Even if you will ban agberos, there are better ways to say this or present the idea to your electorate.

Now, Lagos NURTW will personally reason your matter. It's now them vs Gbadebo.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Illegal1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dis1 dn use he own mouth spoil every tin...
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Abubaushe(m): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2023
blueAgent:

An Urchin spotted shocked

A number of you on this forum used words carelessly by way of folow-follow (apology to fela); urchin refers to a child who dressed dirty.period
How come you descend so low to refer to a write up as ' an urchin spotted' ,it only show your degree of animality and time-serving!
Be informed!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by blueAgent(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
Abubaushe:

A number of you on this forum used words carelessly by way of folow-follow (apology to fela); urchin refers to a child who dressed dirty.period
How come you descend so low to refer to a write up as ' an urchin spotted' ,it only show your degree of animality and time-serving!
Be informed!!!

Clown.

You think we do not know the meaning?

Of cos, any one supporting Tinubu is a child and a street ragged child at that. grin cheesy grin
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hopium:
Even if you will ban agberos, there are better ways to say this or present the idea to your electorate.

Now, Lagos NURTW will personally reason your matter. It's now them vs Gbadebo.

^^^
It says a lot more about the electorate than the candidate - if in order to stand a chance, a candidate has to avoid mentioning these degenerates feeding fat off other people's labour.

If Lagosians want this nonsense to stop they know what to do.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
drololaaof:

You have not got the power ,you are saying you will ban agbero who are the wheelers dealers of political parties.

^^^
For every 1 Agbero there are 10 to 15 regular Lagosians.

If these Lagosians cannot see anything wrong in literally being held to ransom (everyday) by a criminal gang masquerading as a transport union - then good luck to them. They deserve their shackles.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ireportlive:
Such a dumb human

^^^
He isn't dumb.

He just spoke frankly - and some people don't like that.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Abdogood(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
adenigga:
:

Source: https://punchng.com/I-will-ban-agbero-says-Lagos-LP-gov-candidate

As much we will want and love this, this agbero no go vote u. So already lost like 7million vote already. Lagos population is like 20m+ and agbero is around 7m+.

At times a very normal person will act as agbero. Survival instinct. It is in the air in lagos. Very contagious.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2023
Shegs12345:

Abeg no mind d guy, some politicians mumu, u shud have keep this to yourself and win d election first

You should have said, you will look for a way to restructure them into an organized body that will make them responsible. Do you think agbero does not have a lot of friends and relatives that benefit something from them
As a matter of fact you will never win Local government election in Lagos not to talk of Governorship election. Goodluck to you.

^^^
It says more about Lagos voters than the candidate.

Pitched battles like the one in Surulere yesterday are 'normal', 'normal' now, as they say.

Give Lagos 25 years and the bitter fruit of this "agberoism" will be ready for the bumper harvest. By then it will be too late.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Beedude:

U are a novice in politics. The guy has no chance and is yarning dust. If he ban Agbero, what are the plans to engage them ? Seems u want the rate of insecurity to increase in Lagos?
Quality and Affordable Education is the solution to Agbero. If anyone tell u he will Ban them, he is just capping nonsense

^^^
This is incorrect.

There have been several initiatives to get them off the streets and train them. The vocational centres and schools in Lagos have training programmes just for this. But these misfits are just not interested.

And why should they be? undecided Learning a trade, getting an education, getting a proper job etc. and all that good stuff is hard work. It is difficult. It is far easier for these people to become a nuisance on public roads, stretch out their hands, and money from bus drivers and the public miraculously "falls" into those accursed fingers. It is far, far easier to become a political thug and an NURTW enforcer than to do something worthwhile with your life.

The real cost of all this nonsense will be clear in 15 to 25 years time. By then it will be too late to fix the problem successfully.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tareq1105:

Talk is cheap.

What does he know about governance? What's his antecedent?

Just like Jandor and Funke Akkindele Jennifer they've never been in any political position but just straight to become Gov. You guys think it's that easy. No experience in any government establishment except in comedy theatre. It's too much a risk to take.

Sanwo Olu should in his 2nd term appoint them Jandor, Gbadebo, and Funke Akkindele as commissioners for them to learn. They need to be tutored bcoz most of those things they were saying yesterday have been done by Sanwo Olu. They should be schooled in the area of budget and budgeting, community development, and public policy development. I found these to be missing in their response to questions.

^^^
Lagos will get the leadership it deserves.

People are weeping daily in traffic on the Ajah/Sangotedo/Awoyaya axis but it obviously isn't tough enough for them. If they choose to stay at home on election day...or vote in Sanwo Olu and other APC apparatchiks for a second term - good luck to them.
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by YeeboMuslim: 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
Allisgud:
Anything labour party I am voting, Nigeria need to breath a new fresh air,na only 1 order pack aboki soldiers from the north enter Lagos,Dem go takeoff,creat a new way to collect money at least nobody will pay nothing more than 500 a day and it will be official going to Lagos lirs acct,this money will be used for road maintenance and clearing of drainage gutters employ more road cleaners with better pays
That's osu plan for Yorubaland.
What about the terrorists hiding your parents under bed every momday?
Should aboki soldiers from the North be put on every street of osu land ?
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Beedude(m): 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
This is incorrect.

There have been several initiatives to get them off the streets and train them. The vocational centres and schools in Lagos have training programmes just for this. But these misfits are just not interested.

And why should they be? undecided Learning a trade, getting an education, getting a proper job etc. and all that good stuff is hard work. It is difficult. It is far easier for these people to become a nuisance on public roads, stretch out their hands, and money from bus drivers and the public miraculously "falls" into those accursed fingers. It is far, far easier to become a political thug and an NURTW enforcer than to do something worthwhile with your life.

The real cost of all this nonsense will be clear in 15 to 25 years time. By then it will be too late to fix the problem successfully.
Agbero isn't something that can be cleared in 8 yrs. The earlier u know this the better for u
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Beedude(m): 10:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tareq1105:

You guys think agberos are not educated. That was before. There are graduates among agbero as we speak. The state secretary of agbero in Ogun State is a Barrister at Law. You want to tell me Olu Omo is not educated? Dey there dey deceive yourself.
We are talking about the ones on the street. How many are graduates ?
90% of graduates will pick a different struggle to Agbero hustle. Those at the top are there cos they are educated. Only illiterates will stay on street for 12hrs under hot sun to struggle as an Agbero. I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Fujiyama: 12:15am On Jan 31, 2023
Beedude:

Agbero isn't something that can be cleared in 8 yrs. The earlier u know this the better for u

^^^
You mentioned quality and affordable education in your earlier post. I am telling you that for many years, vocational training has been available for just this problem we are talking about and there are some job placement schemes. It isn't Shell or Chevron but it is a start.

The truth is that these boys are used to easy money falling into their hands with no effort. They will never leave this massively lucrative extortion racket for the hard grind of a regular job like most Nigerians - or at least they will not do so without putting up serious resistance. But it can be done. It is already getting late to fix things without a major systemic shock - the next phase of this "agberoism" philosophy is the full scale mainstreaming of the agbero culture. Once that stage has been passed... lipsrsealed

As for your "agbero cannot be cleared in 8 years" statement...while I am not a fan of military putschists and the administrators they appoint, a certain Buba Marwa may have something to say about your comment...

1 Like

Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by mrupright: 2:14am On Jan 31, 2023
GRVLagos:

Oga GRV,
You have spoken well. How you do intend to create enabling environment for Christian or mission schools in Lagos State to avoid conflict between Muslim and Christian students especially on the use of Hijab. Moreso, there is need for you to have a chat with the International Lead Director of Christian Schools Aid Network International (CSNI), Pastor Nnamnso Okorie on seeking the support of Christian Schools owners and how you intend to collaborate with them. You can reach him through christianschoolsaidnetwork@gmail.com.
Thanks greatly
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Allisgud: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2023
YeeboMuslim:

That's osu plan for Yorubaland.
What about the terrorists hiding your parents under bed every momday?
Should aboki soldiers from the North be put on every street of osu land ?
so anybody against tinubu is OSU,u are an educated illiterate
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by YeeboMuslim: 10:47am On Jan 31, 2023
Allisgud:
so anybody against tinubu is OSU,u are an educated illiterate
Are you an osu ? grin
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Beedude(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
You mentioned quality and affordable education in your earlier post. I am telling you that for many years, vocational training has been available for just this problem we are talking about and there are some job placement schemes. It isn't Shell or Chevron but it is a start.

The truth is that these boys are used to easy money falling into their hands with no effort. They will never leave this massively lucrative extortion racket for the hard grind of a regular job like most Nigerians - or at least they will not do so without putting up serious resistance. But it can be done. It is already getting late to fix things without a major systemic shock - the next phase of this "agberoism" philosophy is the full scale mainstreaming of the agbero culture. Once that stage has been passed... lipsrsealed

As for your "agbero cannot be cleared in 8 years" statement...while I am not a fan of military putschists and the administrators they appoint, a certain Buba Marwa may have something to say about your comment...
Once u use Military, u are creating a problem that won't be solved in 20yrs time. The military will either have to remain permanently cos the aftermath will be like UGM and ESN
Re: I Will Ban ‘Agbero’, Says Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by Abubaushe(m): 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
[quote author=blueAgent post=120510403]

Clown.

You think we do not know the meaning?

Of cos, any one supporting Tinubu is a child and a street ragged child at that. grin cheesy grin

Disect your comment and only one outcome,you are a pre-child and street -ragged at old age!
At this junction,you have actually descended from the microdot of imbecility to the cocoon of infantile doom.
Be infirmed!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu To Visit Qatar In March / Saraki: Why Buhari Has No Integrity / Hadiza Usman: How Buhari, Amaechi Violated Policy In Suspending NPA MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.