Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession (2057 Views)

Nigerians Are Good In Creating Problems And Later Blame The Government. / Is The CBN Shutting Down Opay, Kuda, Palmpay, And Other Online Banks? See Truth / How To Hack Any Bank Account In Nigeria In Less Than 2 Minutes [tutorial] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Castrocahn: 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nigerian youths, it's no longer news that the FGN under Godwin Emefiele placed a ban on crypto and as such, all banks are mandated to close accounts of customers caught transacting crypto.

Recently, I became a victim of Kuda and Opay. Even though they gave me back my money before closing my account, I feel down because they took my source of income from me.

I am not here to condemn FG or the two banks above but, I want a solution.

What do you guys think?

Should I get a CAC because I noticed they all wanted CAC to verify my business but I didn't have that.

Secondly, should I continue trying out other banks?.

I need advice from people that have experienced this issue; P2P Merchants, others.

I need to know what to do to avoid this because I just can't stop because of this.
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by CrownOfClay724: 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
I have been trading for years and have never encountered any issues with the fed or the banks.

Wetin una dey do differently?
Do you scream 'cryypto' in your narration?

2 Likes

Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by NairalandMD: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2023
Open a low-key bet shop, salon or any choice of bizness you like, apply for CAC then you're good to go.
UBA and Union bank closed my account for the same reason as yours and please don't include any crypto clue when transacting on the bank app, both sending and receiving, you can also opt for other payment platform like chipper cash, Skrill etc.
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Castrocahn: 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
I have been trading for years and have never encountered any issues with the fed or the banks.

Wetin una dey do differently?
Do you scream 'cryypto' in your narration?

Boss, this is my second year trading daily on Binnace P2p.

Kuda blocked me few days ago and I ran to Opay. I was receiving lecture when I received a mail that my account has been restricted.

They gave me my money though but it's affecting me.
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Castrocahn: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
NairalandMD:
Open a low-key bet shop, salon or any choice of bizness you like, apply for CAC then you're good to go.
UBA and Union bank closed my account for the same reason as yours and please don't include any crypto clue when transacting on the bank app, both sending and receiving, you can also opt for other payment platform like chipper cash, Skrill etc.

Thank you so much. I'm currently working on CAC at the moment.

I buy from 10k to 1m everyday until I exhaust my 1m on the bank.

Do you think that might be the cause?.
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by CrownOfClay724: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
Castrocahn:

Boss, this is my second year trading daily on Binnace P2p.

Kuda blocked me few days ago and I ran to Opay. I was receiving lecture when I received a mail that my account has been restricted.

They gave me my money though but it's affecting me.

Fashi dem and move to moniepoint or even chippercash.
Maybe you traded with an agent unknowingly.

Ensure you don't add anything that might give you away in the descriptions, and also reject every payment that has cryptoo in its description ; that's another surefire way to get noticed .
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Castrocahn: 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2023
CrownOfClay724:

Fashi dem and move to moniepoint or even chippercash.
Maybe you traded with an agent unknowingly.

Ensure you don't add anything that might give you away in the descriptions, and also reject every payment that has cryptoo in its description ; that's another surefire way to get noticed .

Thanks. I will
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Solso: 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
How did you get your money back? Mine has been affected too by Opay and I don’t know what to do to get my money back.
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Castrocahn: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
Solso:

How did you get your money back? Mine has been affected too by Opay and I don’t know what to do to get my money back.

Go to Opay office at 103 Mosesola House Allen Opposite Old Alade Market Allen Avenue Ikeja. That is where their anti-fraud unit is presently .

If you tell them it's crypto, they will close your account down and transfer your money to your nearest account. They will do it for you that day us you insist.

But if you have documents (CAC) u can navigate through.

I didn't have so they closed mine down.

Make sure you meet a friendly customer care, they might help you if you havent sent any evidence yet.

Best of luck bro
Re: Kuda And Opay Restricted And Later Blocked My Account In Succession by Solso: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
Thanks a lot, bro, for the swift response. This is the first time this is happening to me, so I was confused. However, I have my CAC registration. I was hoping to declare it as a payment for goods (computers) but wasn’t sure if that would be implicating. I will just do that (computers payment), since I have the cooperation of the person I traded with. Thanks again. I hope you got your CAC?

(1) (Reply)

11 Years Old Girl Forced Into Marriage For 3 Years! / Too Many Transsexuals In Nairaland Romance Section / Seun Osewa, Your Nairaland Is Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.