Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB (17308 Views)

Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC / Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians / List Of Financial Institutions (banks)under Liquidation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by dre11(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
The Nigeria Data Protection Bureau, NDPB, has commenced an investigation into allegations of data breach by Guarantee Trust and Zenith Banks. B

Babatunde Bamigboye, Head, Legal Enforcement and Regulations of NDPB said this in a statement issued in Abuja.

Mr Bamigboye said the investigations were triggered by allegations of unlawful disclosure of banking records to a third party, and unlawful access and processing of personal data.

National Commissioner of NDPB, Dr Vincent Olatunji in the statement said the investigation would cover the data governance practice of the banks in all their branches in Nigeria.

He said this would extend to all third parties carrying out their data processing activities.

“The bureau notes with concern that many data privacy and protection regulations and best practices are hardly implemented down to the organizational strata of major data controllers in Nigeria.

“Similarly, the bureau enjoins organisations to heed the Federal Government circulars and general compliance notice directing them to send the names of their Data Protection Officers/Contacts to the Bureau.

“There are reports by Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) which indicated that within nine months of 2020, fraudsters attempted 46,126 attacks and they were successful with 41,979 occasions representing 91 per cent of the time.

“This level of vulnerability to data breach is unacceptable,” he said.

According to him, such attacks can only be addressed through foolproof data security and data privacy measures by data controllers,data processors in the industry.

Mr Olatunji, however, enjoined all financial institutions to emulate the Central Bank of Nigeria in compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation, NDPR, 2019 by creating a robust data governance system.

He also called on all organisations to leverage on the ongoing National Privacy Week to set their records straight on how they handle the data of citizens.

Mr Olatunji added that enforcement measures would be taken against wilful violators of privacy rights going forward.

NAN

https://dailynigerian.com/alleged-data-breach-zenith/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by DonMarkuzi(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
They will never learn , zenith bank db is out for sale in BM as we speak.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by TarOrfeeek: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2023
ACCESS BANK should be investigated as well.

My grandma lost her life savings in ACCESS BANK.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by NwaNimo1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2023
You see why people don't trust banks......

[img]https://giffiles./217/217546.gif[/img]

12 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by technuel: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
K
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Efoslala1: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2023
Las las the investigation na scam

12 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by WonderManly(m): 9:51am On Jan 31, 2023
I have nothing to say here. I'm speechless. But,..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by handsomeyinka(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
The account officers of most banks are thieves.

They give out links of accounts to most fraudsters.

I think the government should rather encourage the citizens that banks will be held responsible for fraudulent activities and moreso they should create a portal to report such activities to the central bank of Nigeria.

If the bank fails to pay back the money stolen from an account holder, then the CBN should automatically pay the account holder and charge the corresponding bank with higher interest for such negligence.

Just My Own Little idea to protect ourselves.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by MrRabbi(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
shocked
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by DropsMic(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
Zenith bank really dealt with me last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by MrRabbi(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
:-Xghgg
Soso
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Antoeni(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
Zenith Bank Is The Oga Kpatakpata of All Banks When it Comes to Stealing

18 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Creamypie(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
They should send searchlight to access bank. Them too steal my money and for account wey I no dey use ATM for too. When i aked for print out, i just dey see old and new balance for statement print out, but no destination of money disappearance in between the old and new statement.come see drama. Very irritating.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by miketayo(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2023
Zenith bank

3 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Comedian2019: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2023
All these Loan apps should also be investigated and taught a lesson.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Nonso92(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2023
See that UBA, their loopholes no be for here

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by inoki247: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2023
Uba no dey...

At the end of the nothing go come out of it sef...

3 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Antoeni(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2023
When it Comes to Anything Stealing As Far as Bank is Involve, Zenith Bank Takes The Lead

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by womenareapezz: 9:55am On Jan 31, 2023
Remind me if that female gorilla whose 4m was debited without a trace by zenith Bank

4 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by LordGuru1: 9:55am On Jan 31, 2023
Antoeni:
Zenith Bank Is The Oga Kpatakpata of All Banks When it Comes to Stealing
This is serious. Especially when the dots are connected below:
Tribal:
WHO DOES GODWIN EMEFIELE WORK FOR?

It is time to begin interrogating our public officials. It is time to wake up. Today I want to ask questions about a particular public official whom I have never admired and whose conduct from the beginning raises a lot of suspicion.
Godwin Emefiele is the current Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria and presently in the eye of the storm. I am not - for the purpose of this intervention - interested in the storm or in the myriads of allegations levied against him and the attempt by DSS to arrest him.
It is a measure of our standard as a people lacking in honour that this man even made it as Central Bank Governor under that corrupt and notorious government of Goodluck Jonathan where stealing was not corruption. Emefiele, lest we forget, was a former Managing Director of Zenith Bank under whose watch the bank was fined for unspecified millions by the then Central Bank governor, Lamido Sanusi for outright violations of CBN Rules and fiscal policy. It is a measure of the patriotism and intelligence and even presence of mind of Jonathan that this was the same man he found to replace Lamido Sanusi, whom they hastily drove away even before the completion of his time.
Godwin Emefiele is a banker not an economist. The tragedy of this nation today is that there are no real economists in the highest decision - making body of government. Emefiele was a banker, Kemi Adeosun, the first Finance Minister is an accountant, Yemi Osinbajo who was Chairman of Economic Team at inception of this government is a lawyer, Muhammadu Buhari is a soldier.... These are the ones who made decisions for us and none of them understand the rudiments of economics. Something is really wrong with Nigerians and the way we think. We are not a thinking people.
Today the legacy of this ruinous and disastrous combination are now upon us: a weak naira,, double - digit inflation, mountainous debt, widespread despondency, unemployment, low capacity utilization etc.
It takes a little wrong decision to bring down an empire. Just a little blunder, then another and another.... That blunder was first made by Jonathan with the appointment of Godwin Emefiele.
I am now convinced this man has no business with that office.
The Senate is presently fighting over how 23.7 trillion naira of debt was accumulated under the nose of a CBN governor through Ways and Means ( i.e., currency printing ) who does not know how and when to say, "No".
That is not where I am going today.
I ask the question: Who does Emefiele work for? Is he working for us or for our enemies? By "us" I mean Nigeria, Nigerians and our corporate interests and by our "enemies"- I mean the forces of neo- liberal economic imperialism, global corporatocracy, globalists of the New World Order represented by WEF, Bill Gates, other agents of Colonial exploitation and their local minions working for world government.
To be honest to the facts I am not sure where Emefiele stands. It is not my purpose to raise issues with the weighty allegations by DSS against this man relating to monumental corruption, stealing, terrorism financing etc., and I encourage the DSS and pray that they really get to the root of this.
I am also not interested in his rented CSO's who are going about protesting his innocence or even CAN ( the ubiquitous Christian Association of Nigeria) making a press release as if a Christian is being persecuted. Let me warn these organs to steer clear of this and let a thorough probe be done. Anyone who by his decisions or covenant endangers other people's lives and interests is not a Christian - in the light of the Bible.

I have three issues to raise in this question today.

1. *The Currency Change*

Nigeria is presently in the middle of a change to new currency. As a matter of fact the present currency note will become outdated by January 31, 2023 - just few days to now.
Here then is the wonder of wonders: I don't know anyone around me who has the new notes. As I speak I have only sighted the N1000 and N200; the former was given to me by my undergraduate daughter and the latter in the hand of a transporter in a bus - 7 days to expiration. Even me. Then think of other Nigerians less visible than I do.
Yesterday, 23 January I went to three banks - First Bank, Ecobank and GTBank and spoke and interacted with the cashiers. I also transacted business. Not a single one of them was dispensing the notes of the new currency. So what is happening?
Even their ATMs are not dispensing new notes. I spoke to several customers they were also frustrated and angry.

Where are the new notes? Who is keeping them? Who is warehousing them?

I am not a young man. I belong to the same age grade as Emefiele. I have witnessed at least 4 currency change/ transition in this nation since the 1970's and none was as chaotic, opaque, shrouded in so much gimmick, secrecy, manipulation and chicanery as this. Even when Awo changed the currency during the Civil War it was seamless and effortless (despite the fact that we were in a war) than this one being done as by secret societies.
If you have made a Pact with the global manipulators at Davos for a cashless society preparatory to New World Order there is a neater and a better way to go about it.
It is not by stampeding, dispossessing people collecting their cash and refusing to give them the new notes in return. It is not by force to convert to cashless. We still have a long way to go to reach there.

Today I sent my wife to withdraw money to make some purchases in my local area here; she was denied. She was neither given the new note nor the old notes. Even the ATM machines too dispensed no cash. My own money for God's sake.

What is wrong? Has our economy being so grossly mismanaged? What sort of Monetary Policy is this when even the little that remains of Nigerian economy cannot function due to asymmetric cyclic thinking?

2. *Central Bank Digital Currency*

Few days ago the newspapers published the story of the introduction of CBN's Credit Card. The deployment of what it calls the National Domestic Card Scheme is aimed at unifying all payment platforms in the country and replacing all other credit cards and helping Nigerian sovereignty. In the advertorial the CBN Credit Card is supposed to achieve seven objectives. The seventh objective is however the most contentious, amorphous and laden with sinister intentions especially to those who are not versed in the language of globalists - globalese:

"The card will augment CBN's effort to ensure seamless dissemination of government- to - person payment and other social impact initiatives thus supporting the growth of a robust digital economy."

That in a nutshell tells you the goal of the CBN Credit Card. The entire 7 objectives can be reduced to just one sentence taken from the last line of the seventh: " *the creation of a Central Bank digital currency* ."

That is the goal. That is where they are heading and that is why you have to worry and be worried. The whole drive towards cashless economy, the mopping up of cash and keeping citizens stranded is to introduce Central Bank digital currency. That is a nightmare you should worry about, if you know what it means.
That is why I ask who does Emefiele work for? Us or our enemies?

3. *Digital Currency: Why You Should Worry*

The roads to hell are usually paved with good intentions. Even Adolf Hitler promised he was working for a millennial reign or kingdom and Karl Marx promised a utopia. Yet millions of lives were wasted to realize that elusive, failed utopia.
The Central Bank Digital Currency promises to make payments easier and is being promoted as such but it is fluke. It is part of their agenda to replace all physical funds with digital currency which would give them total control over citizens and their private lives. With this instrument CBN and its agents can monitor every transaction, limit the amount spent and even delete your funds as they will. With this the road is paved for the full and unimpeded control and total tyranny of humanity. The road to totalitarianism is being paved. Nigerians need to be warned that your own CBN has already started a war against you and the political leaders who do not know their left from their right are asleep both physically and figuratively.

With Digital Currency will come a Digital ID. So expect another level of personal information processing. CBN wanted to do this sometimes ago but I shouted and they backed down. Now it is coming because there can't be a Digital Currency without Digital ID. The Digital ID would then be connected to our vaccine status, can you see the picture now? So that if you don't receive their vaccines then you get no money. Remember it would be digital currency, not physical cash, so they just erase you from their platform and all your money. Is this the Davos Play Book?

If you participate in a protest against government or write an article that offends the agents of government or of the global corporatocracy then they just clean your money out. And you are finished. With digital currency it is easy, a poor man can be made rich and the rich made poor if he refused to play the game. That is why you should worry. That is why you are headed - unless you wake up and fight for your soul. No one is fettered or goes to perdition except with the chains which he forges with his own hands. It is now time to wake up and make course correction. As Winston Churchill once said, "If you don't change your direction you will end up where you are headed."
That is where we are all headed with Digital Currency. Now is the time to change direction. It is still not too late.

Just yesterday news of a simulation of the next epidemic by Bill Gates came to light. The name is Severe Epidemic Enterovirus Respiratory Syndrome ( SEERS) which will debut by 2025 in a video titled GET READY. Readers will remember that a similar simulation 201 was done by the same individual just months before the COVID-19 erupted and Anthony Fauci was reported in the news saying in 2017 that there would be an epidemic by 2019 - with demonic assurance and clinical accuracy. Incidentally, Nigeria is mentioned as one of the nations who participated in the simulation model experiment. Just as the same nation is also one of the arrowheads spearheading the Central Bank Digital Currency following others like Brazil, China, Turkey, India etc. Are you sure Nigeria has not been sold?
Has our officials collected money from the globalists? Whose interests are they serving, ours or theirs?

So with another epidemic already planned for 2025 we know why cash are being taken away and why Digital Currency complete with Digital ID are being planned. This will be linked with your vaccine status so once you refuse to take the vaccine you have no money. You can no longer buy or sell.
During the COVID-19 people refused the vaccines and still could survive by withdrawing their money. But now with digital currency fully automated that would be impossible without ID which may be linked to vaccine status or passport. No buying or selling or travel. You are shut out of the global system.
Just like your account can be deleted on Facebook or YouTube based on violation of a nebulous Community Guidelines so once you go against the new global rulers your money disappears. That is why you should worry.

" And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads:

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." ( Revelation 13:16,17)

Once the Central Bank Digital Currency comes on board unifying all payments and platforms and Digital IDs then the next stage which will be to harmonize for all the nations of the world by implanting on the skin of the right hand or forehead. And the cycle is complete.

That is the Davos Play Book by the WEF globalists turning the world upside down for the Beast.

And to think that my own CBN is working towards this agenda against me and other citizens worries me. To think that one of my own and an official of government is giving effect to a sinister scheme troubles me.

The mainstream media won't go to this level of details either because they are not interested or hand tied or padlocked. But this is where we are headed and the CBN has started in that direction.
The Church in this nation is fast asleep. CAN ( Christian Association of Nigeria) may even condemn this article, that is how far we are to reality. However, I know Muslims, you take your own Faith much more seriously, so this information too is for you and will serve you well. Get ready and fight for yourself. Don't be slaves of globalists and the International Corporatocracy.
The Civil Society groups are now fully compromised and purchaseable, NLC is a toothless dragon, ASUU is war - weary, wounded in battle and still licking its wounds... So who will lead us in this battle?

Once again I ask the question: Who does Godwin Emefiele work for?

Good afternoon, Nigerians.

© Uche Nwachukwu
January 24, 2023
All Rights Reserved

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by sambright2012: 9:55am On Jan 31, 2023
Zenith bank is the most useless bank in the whole world

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by JimmySwaggart(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
I received credit alert of #10k yesterday night and zenith Bank chop #350 commot, they just spoilt the money for me. Not dat am owing them o. Very useless bank. Na to go open kuda ABI opay for online transactions sure pass now.

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Lumig: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
Good
Let them be on 24hrs surveillance
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Oritna94(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2023
Useless banks. I have decided to store my savings offline in a hard wallet in usdt. I no get time for their nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Emmy909: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2023
End the country, everything is not working, let's restart again
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by sirajuddin21: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2023
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also [url=https://oncapanm.com/%eb%9d%bc%ec%9d%b4%ec%84%bc%ec%8a%a4%ec%b9%b4%ec%a7%80%eb%85%b8/%ec%97%90%eb%b3%bc%eb%a3%a8%ec%85%98%ec%b9%b4%ec%a7%80%eb%85%b8-%ea%b0%80%ec%9e%85-%eb%8f%84%eb%a9%94%ec%9d%b8-%ec%a3%bc%ec%86%8c-%ec%bd%94%eb%a6%ac%ec%95%84-%eb%b3%b8%ec%82%ac/]에볼루션카지노[/url]
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2023
Investigate all commercial banks. All we have are criminals there. They are the ones sabotaging new naira note
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by brain54(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2023
Mods…

It’s GTB not GT!
Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by chriskosherbal(m): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2023
TarOrfeeek:
ACCESS BANK should be investigated as well.

My grandma lost her life savings in ACCESS BANK.
how did she lost it when there is NDIC...i really dont understand pls explain

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by CharleyBright(m): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2023
Zenith Bank and criminality on customer account are like 5&6.
There are no ways hackers have access to customers account without compromise on the part of the banks.
And Zenith Bank comes top when it comes to that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB by Tallesty1(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2023

I stopped leaving reasonable money in my GT account when they started deducting money from the account anyhow. I only transfer money to the account when I want to make withdrawals because that is only account I have that has card but for a while now they have been charging me unnecessarily. I checked my balance one day before making the transfer and noticed that they have given me overdraft or N2075. After plenty grammar with their customer care, the issue was resolved and the 600+ I had there was restored.

Days later, I transferred money into the account and N2075 was removed before I could withdraw, I just weak. Nah opay or VFD I dey use now for transactions.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ship From Any States In U.S.A To Nigeria / Which Is The Best Bulk Sms Provider For You Naija? / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.