Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians (25268 Views)

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC / Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by enzomofin: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2021
If Federal Government Can Ban Some Loan Apps, We Will Forgive Buhari, Nigerians Say.

Many people on social media have reacted to the news that the federal government is set to enforce the right of Nigerians following the illegal actions of online loan lenders.

According to some reactions noticed among heavy social media power houses, if the federal government fulfills its promise in regulating the money lending companies, all past sins would be forgiven.

Some loan apps have been making life frustrating for some Nigerians through their illegal tactics on money recovery. Most of the guilty loans apps go about the recovery in criminal ways according to many reactions by the general public.

Some also invade their customers' privacy, a move the Federal Government is strongly against. In fact, some Nigerians have even contemplated taking their own lives over the actions some of these money loan apps.

we should not forget that the ''family'' is the smallest and most importanrt unit of any society. if a family is stable, successful and healthy, it will have a direct impact on the general society of a country at large.: and if a family is poor, unhealthy, and in dept, it will cause a terrible and revibrating unpleasant effect on the society at large.

one only need to compare the societies of the third world [ developing ] and advanced societies to understand this fact.

A lot of foreign companies are coming into our country [China especially ] with the claim of helping us but at the end of the day are plunging us deeper into dept and poverty while they take their profits back to their respective countries to benefit their own citizens.

If majority of our citizens are out of dept it will also reflect on our country's financial stance on the world stage.
Our country is indebted to other countries an financial institutions on a world stage ; not only because of poor management and execution of resources but also of the reflective nature of our personal financial stance and result as citizens.

One online loan app is notorious for this unethical approach to lending in the country.

Sokoloan which previously had been sanctioned with a N10million naira fine is still in the business of unethical loan lending approach.

This company is notorious in the way it treats it customers by violating their basic human rights and violating their privacy which include blackmail.

Sokoloan is at the top of the federal government's watch list when this policy comes into full effect soon.

The NITDA has received over 40 petitions from members of the public on the personal data abuse of victims of Sokoloan.

Please readers should be informed and information should be passed across all social platforms so that people can understand and exercise their basic human rights.

From hence forth people should not entertain any call or text messages they receive from any loan app claiming that someone from their contact list took a loan from them.

It is a crime to blackmail,

it is also a crime to claim that someone who has no physical or electronic contact with you is a guarantor.

"Section 17(a) of the FCCPA, 2019 empowers the Commission to administer and enforce provisions of every Nigerian law with respect to competition and protection of consumers. NITDA has therefore found the FCCPC as a key stakeholder in its efforts to rein in the activities of some micro-money lenders who have formed a penchant for abuse of personal data of Nigerians. These operators execute this by abusing their personal data, breaching their privacy and sharing it with others who are not part of the initial contract.''
Federal Government To Protect Nigerians From Loan Apps Over Data Breach.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by shuttox: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Sokoloan has frustrated many Nigerians...

I wonder how they get the victims relatives/friends contacts

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by NotBeenPaid: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Buhari is the devil that can't be forgiven - NEVER!

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by SirbobbyDgreat: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
E go good
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by benuejosh: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Better o.

I had on occasions received horrible messages from those apps about a person who received loan and listed me as a surety, and it was someone i just didn't know.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by princechiemekam(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
tongue
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by uncleFola(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Hhh
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by bazzyblings: 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
sad
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nahunger(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Wahala
Which Nigerians want to forgive?
People are hungry, save their souls alongside their reputation.
There is A Tsunami of H.U.N.G.E.R in the land lipsrsealed

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by rayvelez(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Pay your loan on time shikena.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by DanseMacabre(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
grin

Honestly enough people go forgive Bubu if him do this one. But the government should be more concerned about the cutthroat interest rates and duration, cos that's the root cause of defaulting on repayment.

Many people blame Nigerians for taking loans at such rates after reading the terms. I guess such people have never been in dire straits before.

Next should be exorbitant cost of data.

But this one they're focusing on Sokoloan alone, when there are a plethora of other companies whose modus operandi is similar

16 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by RapistOnBail: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021

Imagine oh!

I loan u money, u no wan pay back?

E no go better for all 9ja past and present leaders

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by GreaterFuture(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Save us From debt dear Lord.

Haulage, transport & Delivery Services,
3.5 tonnes, 5 tonnes and all D way up to 30 tonnes full cover body and sided body Trucks available for Hire.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by BigSarah(f): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Don't just protect loan debtors , also protect the creditors...
Pay the loan owed by defaulters to the loan companies...

And moreover before loan are disbursed, the debtors accepted terms and conditions as well permission to breach data

DISCLAIMER : I DON'T WORK FOR LOAN COMPANIES, NEITHER DO I SUPPORT THE TACKLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THE DEBTOR MIGHT HAVE PUT UP AS GUARANTOORS..
BUT STILL THE DEBTOR IS THE MAIN PROBLEM IN ALL THIS IF WE'RE BEING HONEST

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Akerele44(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Story for the Gods
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by solidmyk(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
grin grin ÌRÈ Ò
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Boogyman557: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2021
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Seankhalifa: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
Loan app don dey bad pas yahoo boys.. may God protect us in this country... amin

6 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Latakia(f): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
That data loan app will just send SMS to all your contacts list to remind them that you are onigbese "debtor" What a disgrace grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
Coming from OniGbese.

People that will deliberately take loan with no intention of paying back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by ipobarethieves: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
sad nonsense angry.Buhari and his corntree ingrates pipu.Bubu will go and borrow without payment and u lots will go and borrow and refused to pay back when due/follow agreement accordingly as if the lenders are father Xmas.The dat borrowed 200k from me since March dis year for her bakery business has been evading me till now.Imagine if Nah dis loaning pipu? No wonder, bank Nor gree give loan to pipu anyhow.Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by chrisxxx(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
f you desire to source for loan from any of these loans houses please delete my number before you hand over your phone to them.
Otherwise, any time I receive embarrassing messages again I will take them to your house.
Or will take mine from CBN and they will come for you as surety.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by sameoldguy: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
I really feel pity for most Nigerians as some of these loan companies even though they charge a lot has helped some people out of some dire situations, e.g hospital bills and other quick fixes.

Nobody forced anybody to get a loan from any app, if you feel the interest rate is high why not seek alternative means elsewhere? I’m sure most of the people against these small loan companies don’t even have anyone to help them out in critical times hence taking solace in them. They borrow with no intent of paying back that’s why no one gave them money in the first place.

When these loans companies get fully scrapped then some people will understand the true meaning of “sapa” and not having someone when you really need help.

Buhari till 3030

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Frales6(f): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2021
hmmm
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by CalabarPikin: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Relieved
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Mophasa(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
embarassed
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by bestman09(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
sad
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by tamdun: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Scrap this yeye loan nonsense, my wife's phone was stolen and before we know whatsup, the Thief already took loan with her sim, these people just dey give loan to every Tom,dick and Harry, una neva see anything, una go complain taya

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by JosephXavier: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Two weeks ago, I received a text message from one loan app telling me that my neighbour us a criminal and a fraud bla bla bla...

They said I should report him to police if I come in contact with him and I will be rewarded

Infact, when I got home, I met him at the gate and I showed him the message

These are the kind of embarrassment Nigerians face from the loan apps

But in the other hand, some Nigerians are not good repaying

We should not forget that these are people businesses and they have staffs understand their payroll

If you know, you can't pay back, to avoid embarrassment, just look for a friend that you can borrow from

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Steady Against Dollar, Rebounds Slightly Against Euro And Pounds / Bobby Ubani Chinagorom Max Dedicates His Child In A Glamorous Event (Photos) / Union Bank Takes Over Dangote’s Company Over Unpaid N4b Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.