Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (50850 Views)

New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Old Banknotes Redeemable Only At CBN After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by OlawaleBammie: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Islandboi:
He finally bow to pressure. And you think they will sworn obi in as president even if he wins?
u don dey see realities abi?? grin grin

We tell Una but no, Una no listen
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Sunnyja: 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided
The Agbados are fighting back seriously.
All the bullion vans would have been rendered useless by now.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by baralatie(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

Wetin concern police concern you say you get old notes?

Chai, Nigerians and their questions sef
Make police no catch you with ghanaa must go bag filled with old notes.na there you go know say police for Nigeria Sabi work.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by slowice(m): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
No balls.....buhari still failed to grow some balls even at the last minute.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by rottennaija(m): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

How does this make any sense to you, bank can collect it but people can't spend it, if banks collects it, does that not automatically mean, it's still legal tender

Bros, that is what was said. I no get time to argue with you.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by rottennaija(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Calibrator:
So what will stop me from collecting it from a client or customer knowing I can simply go and deposit it at the bank?

It's not going to be indefinite. I think it's just 10days or so after February 10.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Indispensable85(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Better! This will ease the tension in the country.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Parachoko: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I don't get it. So, what's the point of the whole brouhahas? I guess they've realized the purpose of the whole thing has been defeated with banks fortifying VIPs with the new notes even before the expiratory date.
Why do you say the "purpose of the whole thing has been defeated"?

Why is the cashless policy kick off in 2012?
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by madridguy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
This policy is now looking like a joke to me.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Parachoko: 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
Johnken1234:
So what is the essence of all that initial gragra. Emefiele I thought you are a hard man finally you have bowed to pressure. It's a shame !!!
Emefiele is not bigger than Nigeria Laws

The law is been followed in this case
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by OyinO: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Nansense an ingredient. Why won't they receive them when they are still issuing old notes today?
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Mccullum: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
The guy quickly adjust himself, what a rubbish.

Where is the world such decision can be allowed, if not Naija..

Thanks to Gbajabiamila for his stand against CBN that want to create financial crisis.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by infofirst(m): 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
The right thing to do. People will not spend it but banks should be able to accept it after the deadline. That's the ideal. And banks should stop Se ding old notes out. With time, it will phase out

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Igboslayer: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
Britishpea:

How slow can u be? They threatened to arrest him if he doesn’t show up. And he showed up and to explain himself. Came out with modifications to the policies. Like I said, educational backgrounds of some of you are questionable
Really questionable.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Omoapena(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
rottennaija:

Bros, that is what was said. I no get time to argue with you.

I just called someone who just clarified me, it's said that bank have deadline date of 17th February while public have deadline date of 10th to spend it.

So that means, generally, the deadline is 17th of February and anything beyond 17th of February is no more legal tender....

People can still collect it after 10th of February if they want to cuz they can still take to bank till 17th to save it to be credited into their account...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by ncdegreat: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Over the past two weeks now I have been having error 1015 accessing the site problem. Admin pls help.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Omoapena(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
baralatie:

Make police no catch you with ghanaa must go bag filled with old notes.na there you go know say police for Nigeria Sabi work.

Head dey pain you o, do you think you won't be questioned if you carry new notes inside Ghana must go bag generally?

Either new notes or old notes, so far you're with huge amount of it, you will be questioned how you have access to it..

We are talking about having little old notes with you, why will they question you
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Parachoko: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
jorez:
What this simply means is that,when you bring the old Naira note to the banks after the deadline of February 10th,they will take it from us as trash with no monetarily value to your account,meaning zero crediting to your account,Na you go chose either to trash the cash at home or take it to the bank to trash.Either way Na trashing after Feb 10th for old notes
You be mugu
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by omonnakoda: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

I just called someone who just clarified me, it's said that bank have deadline date of 17th February while public have deadline date of 10th to spend it.

So that means, generally, the deadline is 17th of February and anything beyond 17th of February is no more legal tender....

People can still collect it after 10th of February if they want to cuz they can still take to bank till 17th to save it to be credited into their account...

That is not what legal tender means
The date from when it ceases to be valid for public payment is when it ceases to be legal tender

Legal tender means members of the public MUST accept for any debt/liability
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by baralatie(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

Head dey pain you o, do you think you won't be questioned if you carry new notes inside Ghana must go bag generally?

Either new notes or old notes, so far you're with huge amount of it, you will be questioned how you have access to it..

We are talking about having little old notes with you, why will they question you
Where you see new notes to fill up a Ghana must go bag?
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Parachoko: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
pavoda:
This definitely defeats the purpose of this policy.
Can you explain what part of the Cashless Policy that's defeated?
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Omoapena(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
omonnakoda:
That is not what legal tender means
The date from when it ceases to be valid for public payment is when it ceases to be legal tender

Legal tender means members of the public MUST accept for any debt/liability

It's legal tender till banks stops accepting it to credit your account...
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Solocoin: 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
So this man has successfully playing ludo on the head of Nigerian. How can he make people losses their money in the name of getting new note before the deadline.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Lamanii22(f): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
christejames:
Means no deadline again na 😏

Abi oo to cut the long story short

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by baralatie(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain what part of the Cashless Policy that's defeated?
You will know on election day
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Omoapena(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2023
baralatie:

Where you see new notes to fill up a Ghana must go bag?

Whats this pointless argument?

Is it that head is paining you that you can't understand that simple sentences?

I said whether new or old, if police sees you with it inside ghana must go, then you should be questioned...

It doesn't mean people don't have access to the new notes in bulk but you should be questioned how you have access to it.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Vickram: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
Emefele and policy summersault is like 5&6. I'm still thinking how will a sane man still retain such a colossal disaster a CBN governor.
I still believe Buhari was mislead.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by ForgetfulJones: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dreal1247:
What is the meaning of this statement? We need further explanation.
they have gotten enough deposits or funds back into the system bro.... Na to take am pay our debts now if you can't justify the means you got it from.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by gassbee: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided
why did CBN governor finally appear before the HOR, he would have felt and experienced d powers of HOR to arrest him
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by baralatie(m): 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

Whats this pointless argument?

Is it that head is paining you that you can't understand that simple sentences?

I said whether new or old, if police sees you with it inside ghana must go, then you should be questioned...

It doesn't mean people don't have access to the new notes in bulk but you should be questioned how you have access to it.

grin grin grin
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Lamanii22(f): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:
Lolz

If banks allows it, then it's still legal tender and people will continue to spend it like they spend the 2 different 100 naira notes we have....

This is now clear to me, general public are advise to start rejecting it after 10th of February while people that still have it are advised to take it to bank before 17th of February to credit their account so which means, it's legal tender until that 17th of February, they should have just said 17th of February is the deadline date instead of all this confusion everywhere...

You can now decides within you whether to keep collecting it after that 10th of February with the intention of taking it to bank before 17th of February or you start rejecting it thereby forcing whoever holding it to take it to bank before 17th of February to avoid crashing with him....

That’s how it should have been now… the change of the 100 naira didn’t even show…

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by ForgetfulJones: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
Omoapena:

How does this make any sense to you, bank can collect it but people can't spend it, if banks collects it, does that not automatically mean, it's still legal tender
banks will collect and forward to CBN, it won't be paid out anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can I Make Money Online Without Money? see answer inside. / Aliko Dangote And His Brother, Sani At Mohammed Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia / How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.