Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele (50796 Views)

New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Old Banknotes Redeemable Only At CBN After Deadline - Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Offpoint1: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
I will just sit on my throne and watch the ruin and collapse of Nigeria, like the biblical Babylon.

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by mannobi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
This Emefiele na mumu guy. So he didn't plan all of these before the unnecessary brouhaha.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Esales(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
I don't believe this, it sounds fishy.... Make we dey look.

Meanwhile, to dey browse for interesting posts no dey Taya you? Save yourself the stress and time, Join my WhatsApp TV for hilarious content right on WhatsApp. Check my signature for the phone number.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by niyisky: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2023
You think say you get madness for head...you better know say nah some people get this country. Minority wey wan rub shoulders with majority

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by iamsolasoul(f): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Fantastic

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Islandboi(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
He finally bow to pressure. And you think they will sworn obi in as president even if he wins?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by delzbaba(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wait so everybody will just forget that a whole DSS accused this man of Terr*r funding, so that matter is dead? Nigerians are too lackluster.

5 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Erickymania: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided
Yes, he threatened to arrest him if he doesn't appear before the house. You could see how Emefiele rushed down to honor the invitation by HoA. We need people with balls like Gbajabiamila.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Buksaylor: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:
I thought Gbaja was threatening to arrest Emefiele! How come he visited the HoR and the speaker didn't ask security operatives to pick him up? Yeye dey smell.

By the way, why are they going back and forth with this naira redesign policy? undecided

You cannot accept it as legal tender but banks can accept deposit of it.

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by writeprof(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
They should just allow Nigerians to have access to their monies whether OLD or NEW

8 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Ruthless70: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
LibertyRep:
This policy implementation is chaotic.

Now you gat to see this man is confused

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by sevo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Confused lots
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by UncommonLogic: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dumbest worst CBN Governor EVER.
This man is a complete fool. Si what's the point of suffering people all thes3 while, what did we gain from changing the color of the notes.
Tinubu will definitely Fire this idiotic fool as soon as he's sworn in.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by tamdun: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
Buksaylor:

You cannot accept it as legal tender but ba is can accept deposit.
Why won't I accept it if I can just enter any bank and credit my account with it?
It is legal tender until the bank stop accepting it

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by MrMcJay(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

Lolz. You've heard Emefiele change mouth. It is what it is bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Antoeni(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
Most Confused CBN Governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Buksaylor: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ruthless70:

Now you gat to see this man is confused

Not confused...you think they can be confused?
Who told you they don't know what they are doing?
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by FBIBOT(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
Lol this should have been the way things go from the beginning... It would have release the chaos and corruption by the bank.. This will eventually mop up the old not gradually

4 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by MrMcJay(m): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
See person wey think say he dey fight Tinubu. Na ordinary Gbaja and Doduwa hold am wey he change mouth. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Buksaylor: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dreal1247:
What is the meaning of this statement? We need further explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Jack500: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Where are those obidient fools, they are punishing Tinubu abi?

You go get sense last last grin grin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Ruthless70: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
Britishpea:

How slow can u be? They threatened to arrest him if he doesn’t show up. And he showed up and to explain himself. Came out with modifications to the policies. Like I said, educational backgrounds of some of you are questionable

Very questionable
Most of them bribe their way through

4 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Sheggy13(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Buksaylor:

Lol what does this even mean. If banks can still accept it from you to deposit, then its still a legal tender. When something isn't a legal tender, it means its illegal to spend it but that is not the case here. The only difference is the stress of going to the bank regularly to deposit every old note you're given.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Gboom: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
SmartPolician:

That is when you and I are insulting each other in the name of politics, they will be in one corner drinking wine and sorting out themselves turning the masses to a laughing stock.
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by highchief1: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
christejames:
Means no deadline again na 😏

In other words.the pressure at the banks will die naturally now.

1 Like

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by illuminutty: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
So what's the essence of the deadline?

5 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Jack500: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
Buksaylor:

If bank can accept it, why can't I accept it? I will just collect and go and deposit in the bank.

15 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by hero2000: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
The post says CBN will accept old notes after Feb 10, not banks. The title is misleading.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by Gbogbowa: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Islandboi:
He finally bow to pressure. And you think they will sworn obi in as president even if he wins?
if Obi wins and denied forget Nigeria,it will not be fight between Nigeria and Igbo but fight among Nigeria's,I mean big one, know buhari and inec will handover properly
Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by sheanzy(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
Buksaylor:

why would I reject it when I know bank will still collect it when I want to get my account funded anytime i want??

5 Likes

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by brutal1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2023
He was invited and he didnt show up, he later showed up today. Will you still go ahead and arrest the person that finally honoured your invitation?
SmartPolician:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele by porthouse7(f): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
Mumu man creating unnecessary stress to the already stressed situation

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One / Customers Fighting Inside Banking Hall (Video) / Aliko Dangote And His Brother, Sani At Mohammed Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.