Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,562 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas (3859 Views)

Peter Obi's Supporters Unfollow, Block PDP On Twitter, Threaten Reno Omokri / The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor / Catriona Laing Visits Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, The Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Missgeraldine(f): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
gabbytabby:
FOR THE OBI SUPPORTERS AMONGST YORUBAS.

Call me an ethnicist, tribalist or whatever, but I need not subscribe to the Yoruba Nation agitation to know what is good for us, Yorubas.
First and foremost, I urge those who may not already know, or may have forgotten, to please Google the conditionalities Odumegwu Ojukwu gave Col Banjo before the Biafran attempt to over run Yoruland, aka Ija Ore.
Then read the following WhatsApp post which I did not author.
Yoruba ronu.

*THE AGE-LONG PLAN TO TAKE LAGOS AWAY FROM YORUBAS STILL ONGOING.*

*Copied:*

Very deep. I am also sometimes worried. *The Jagaban is guilty too.* During his tenure as governor, he appointed an Igbo as Commissioner for Budget and Planning. He appointed Igbo as Permanent Secretaries. 20% of teachers in Lagos state schools were Igbo. There sere 5 Igbos in the State House of Assembly with one of them trying to sponsor a bill that would make English the only language in the State Assembly. Two Igbos were elected as Members of the House of Reps, representing Lagos in Abuja...

*They then tempted Jimmy Agbaje of PDP. They asked him to sign an undertaking before Igbos could vote for him. They wanted:*
*1. 35% of all new recruitments into Lagos civil and, teaching serviced and all Agencies*
*2. 35% of Permanent Secretaries in Alausa.*
*3. Three Igbo Commissioners to be appointed and given key portfolios like Finance, Lands and Establishment.*
4. *The Igbo Eze of Lagos to be a upgraded to First Class Oba and admitted into the Lagos State Council of Traditional Rulers.*
They claimed they produced 65% of the States tax revenue (their man was Commissioner for Budget and Planning).

*Could you believe that Jimmy Agbaje actually accepted all these in his desperate determination to be Governor after Tinubu?*
It was the reason the angry Oba of Lagos rebuked and threatened that he would drive all Igbos into the Atlantic Ocean if they didn't vote for Fashola.

*In all sincerity, the Yoruba in Lagos need to take proper ownership and charge of the city*

I'm started that they have started. After the threat of Oba of Lagos and the failure of Agbaje, *Uzor Orji Kalu was rude to the Oba of Lagos. He said Lagos was no- man's-land. The lousy Igbo senator said Lagos was a mangrove forest. That it was the Igbos who developed Lagos...*
Fashola sent his team to check the status of the payment of land use charge of Kalu in his houses in Parkview and Lekki. He was owing N15m. Fashola's men sealed both houses. They gave Kalu two weeks to pay or the houses would be demolished. He shouted on TV and took newspaper pages to complain of victimisation. He went to court. He sent emissaries to Fashola. No respite. A day to the deadline, bulldozers moved and parked in front of the sealed houses. Kalu rushed down from his Eastern forest ghetto to pay. 😁😁. He then knew that Lagos was not a no-man's- land..
*Lagosians and Yorubas in general should exert moreFOR THE Obi supporters AMONGST YORUBAS. authority on Lagos, otherwise we may become minorities in our homeland.*

*NB:* Those of you who want to vote for non Yoruba presidential candidates in next year elections should be very careful and have a rethink. This is not a campaign for Tinubu at all, far from it.
It is a campaign of sensitisation for the survival and PROTECTION OF ALL YORUBA LANDS and her endowments and natural resources. Nigeria is a country made up of different Nations with individual's pursuits of her own agenda. Some of these nationalities are envious of Yorubas because of the nature of Lagos, its location and position among other factors, and would wish history is falsified in order to change the demographic status of Lagos from being a Yoruba land to become, *" a no- man's-land"* as they call it. That is, indirectly changing it to become their own. It has been a long time ambition and aim which must not be allowed to happen.

*Please, don't allow yourself to be deceived or fooled once again.*

Enough is Enough!

Please, share widely until this piece reaches every Yoruba sons and daughters in Nigeria and everywhere in the world.*

@Rolings come and see a thread...wonderful grin

Yoruba Muslims are despicable, tueh
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by wegevv: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
How many Yorubas live, work and do business in the Southeast?

Mummy herself (the OP) personally knows a Yoruba person that lived and worked in the Southeast lol. She wrote about it just 12 months ago. See quote below.

But something happened and now she's here embarrassing herself. Times are hard so I don't blame her. We should all pray for her. It is well with you mummy <3

gabbytabby:
I am encouraged by this and continue to pray that a return to the good old days will happen for Nigeria.

Last year end November/December 2021 my Yoruba plumber went to the East to work. While he was there, a neighbour’s son took an interest in his work and worked with them throughout their project there.

Surprise surprise when he was going to leave, the parents of the boy asked if he would take their boy back to lagos with him and train him in the trade.

The Igbo boy now lives with him and trains with him.

I prayed for the boy and wished him well giving my motherly advice. Unbeknownst to him, he now has a surrogate mum in me as his mum is far.

It is this pockets of trust and goodwill that continues to encourage one that all is not lost.

Nigeria will survive.

1 Like

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

All hogwash from a dead BAT.

Lagos is a no man's land. If it dey pain you come beat me. Apart from properties owned by my parents in Lagos. I have 3 personal properties scattered in the mainland and Lekki. Infact the 3rd property which I am currently developing was purchased from a wretched Afonja family, whose sons were so lazy after the death of their parents and didn't mind selling the land on which their parents were buried to me, even with their parents graves. I bought the property and had the graves dugged out, and threw the 2 corpses into the Lagos lagoon. Afonjas no get shame

Lol. An Atiku supporter saying Lagos is a no man's land so as to rule up Yorubas to vote against PO. Try again fool. This attempt has failed.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Bigshots001(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2023
gabbytabby:
Unfortunately I have gone past the unite. One cannot drag an unwilling horse talk of force it to drink. Let who wants to go kukuma go instead of the drums of war.

They unsettle ones life instead of allowing one make reasoned choices one is making knee jerk reactions. Me I done tire.

YORUBA RONU.

I believe you must be an uneducated agbo seller, you don't make sense at all.
Let's watch out for the election though,one of the candidate must win.And in winning,just know that so many factors contributed to the victory, don't count your eggs yet.

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 1:43am On Feb 02, 2023
A lot of you do not read to understand and keep misunderstanding or misinterpreting and resorting to insult and displaying your lack of home training. Then I wonder is it a capability issue borne out of lack of joined up thinking one wonders.

Rude, uncouth, aggressive, uneducated, unintelligent,
arrogant with nothing to show for the high horse is how a lot are described and my job is not to change the habit of a lifetime but to know it is what it is and ignore and move on.

You can always choose to contribute to a discuss without abuse but it would mean going outside your MO to learn decorum and how to be cultured.

YORUBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
PO never conducted local government elections in the 8 years he was Anambra Governor.

That is how tyrants run their state. They micro manage everything Like their personal bank account so we do not want tyranny in Nigeria.

YORUBA RONU.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 10:19am On Feb 03, 2023
While plan a is always united in peaceful coexistence but be sure that for those who don't want peace and keep destruction and drums of war as their mantra plan b, c, d ........ becomes inevitable.

YORUBA RONU.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by christistruth01: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

All hogwash from a dead BAT.

Lagos is a no man's land. If it dey pain you come beat me. Apart from properties owned by my parents in Lagos. I have 3 personal properties scattered in the mainland and Lekki. Infact the 3rd property which I am currently developing was purchased from a wretched Afonja family, whose sons were so lazy after the death of their parents and didn't mind selling the land on which their parents were buried to me, even with their parents graves. I bought the property and had the graves dugged out, and threw the 2 corpses into the Lagos lagoon. Afonjas no get shame

Lagos is 100% Yorubaland
The Document you are raving over is a 99 year Leasehold which can be revoked at anytime by the State Governor

If dem born you well absolutely refuse to pay the God Ordained owners of Lagos their Land rent and see if they will not take their Land back with the full support of the Courts

We even dare you to not pay your Land rent
So you can discover who the real God Ordained owners of Lagos are

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 10:56am On Feb 03, 2023
My brother you don't need to enlighten them na them own lagos now.

The lagos landscape has changed and is continuing to change due in large part to the arrogance of the Igbo man and instead of behaving like Romans while in Rome they continue to beat their chest and antagonise their landlords same way they are antagonising the electorate.

YORUBA RONU

christistruth01:

The Document you are raving over is a 99 year Leasehold which can be revoked at anytime by the State Governor

If den born you well absolutely refuse to pay the God Ordained owners of Lagos their Land rent and see if they will not take their Land back with the full support of the Courts

We even dare you to not pay your Land rent
So you can discover who the real God Ordained owners of Lagos are

1 Like

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 11:23am On Feb 03, 2023
What we need from the Igbo is for them to demonstrate through their pedigree that they are not going to take it all and only develop their region, they can be inclusive of other regions, they can unify Nigeria and they are capable of respecting opinions and the persons of other Nigerian.

At the moment they still have way to go.

YORUBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Misterone: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
mrvitalis:
This is really funny , Igbos want to take over Lagos ?how's that even possible ,Yoruba is an ethnic nation of over 40 million bigger than most countries on earth ...so how is it possible
it is very possible. A case in point, Fulani minority of less than 20% population is controlling the North. Look at Kwara state, a Yoruba state being dictated to by Fulanis
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by christistruth01: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Misterone:
it is very possible. A case in point, Fulani minority of less than 20% population is controlling the North. Look at Kwara state, a Yoruba state being dictated to by Fulanis

You continuously fall into error because you don't know or care to listen to those who know History

Firstly Kwara state has never had any elected Governor that Wasn' t Yoruba

Secondly the Emir of Ilorin is Hausa and not Fulani,

The Hausas overthrew the Fulani dynasty at Ilorin after they discovered that majority of the Slaves being Sold by the Fulani Emirs into the Transatlantic Slave trade were Hausas
as Ilorin was on the Slave route to the Coast and the Hausas at Ilorin got Furious about that imbalance which they saw as a great injustice to themselves and so the Hausas decided to do something drastic about it

Thirdly the Ruler of Ilorin when the British took over was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu who led the Yoruba Chiefs that had defeated Emir Momoh at Ilorin who then died after taking his own life by burning down his Palace over himself

Balogun Alanamu fought the British takeover of Ilorin and Was exiled to Jebba

The Hausa dynasty at Ilorin was then reinstated by the British in 1900

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Misterone: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
christistruth01:

You continuously fall into error because you don't know or care to listen to those who know History

Firstly Kwara state has never had any elected Governor that Wasn' t Yoruba

Secondly the Emir of Ilorin is Hausa and not Fulani,

The Hausas overthrew the Fulani dynasty at Ilorin after they discovered that majority of the Slaves being Sold by the Emirs into the Transatlantic Slave trade were Hausas
as Ilorin was on the Slave route to the Coast and the Hausas at Ilorin got angry about that imbalance and decided to do something about it

Thirdly the Ruler of Ilorin when the British took over was a Yoruba man called Balogun Alanamu who led the Yoruba Chiefs that had defeated Emir Momoh at Ilorin who then died after taking his own life by burning down his Palace over himself
are you telling me that Gambari is hausa?
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by christistruth01: 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Misterone:
are you telling me that Gambari is hausa?

Gambari means Hausa in Yoruba

Emir Gambari is a Yorubanized Hausa man

It was because of the battle between the Hausa and Fulani at Ilorin that the Yorubas Started using the Saying

Gambari pa Fulani ko si ejo n'be meaning
" If the Hausas and Fulani have decided to kill themselves ( at Ilorin) then it is none of our business "

Apart from all that Ilorin has already Been Completely encircled with more than 30 Towns with Crowned Obas

Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2023
Oloriburuku won me na 2500 to collect 10,000 yesterday and 5000 for 20,000.

It shall not be well with their generation.

Atiku bribe petrol people to make people life difficult and PO say Emefiele do well. Saboteurs now let us know what they are at their core.

NIGERIA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Idiko1: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
gabbytabby:
FOR THE OBI SUPPORTERS AMONGST YORUBAS.

Call me an ethnicist, tribalist or whatever, but I need not subscribe to the Yoruba Nation agitation to know what is good for us, Yorubas.
First and foremost, I urge those who may not already know, or may have forgotten, to please Google the conditionalities Odumegwu Ojukwu gave Col Banjo before the Biafran attempt to over run Yoruland, aka Ija Ore.
Then read the following WhatsApp post which I did not author.
Yoruba ronu.

*THE AGE-LONG PLAN TO TAKE LAGOS AWAY FROM YORUBAS STILL ONGOING.*

*Copied:*

Very deep. I am also sometimes worried. *The Jagaban is guilty too.* During his tenure as governor, he appointed an Igbo as Commissioner for Budget and Planning. He appointed Igbo as Permanent Secretaries. 20% of teachers in Lagos state schools were Igbo. There sere 5 Igbos in the State House of Assembly with one of them trying to sponsor a bill that would make English the only language in the State Assembly. Two Igbos were elected as Members of the House of Reps, representing Lagos in Abuja...

*They then tempted Jimmy Agbaje of PDP. They asked him to sign an undertaking before Igbos could vote for him. They wanted:*
*1. 35% of all new recruitments into Lagos civil and, teaching serviced and all Agencies*
*2. 35% of Permanent Secretaries in Alausa.*
*3. Three Igbo Commissioners to be appointed and given key portfolios like Finance, Lands and Establishment.*
4. *The Igbo Eze of Lagos to be a upgraded to First Class Oba and admitted into the Lagos State Council of Traditional Rulers.*
They claimed they produced 65% of the States tax revenue (their man was Commissioner for Budget and Planning).

*Could you believe that Jimmy Agbaje actually accepted all these in his desperate determination to be Governor after Tinubu?*
It was the reason the angry Oba of Lagos rebuked and threatened that he would drive all Igbos into the Atlantic Ocean if they didn't vote for Fashola.

*In all sincerity, the Yoruba in Lagos need to take proper ownership and charge of the city*

I'm started that they have started. After the threat of Oba of Lagos and the failure of Agbaje, *Uzor Orji Kalu was rude to the Oba of Lagos. He said Lagos was no- man's-land. The lousy Igbo senator said Lagos was a mangrove forest. That it was the Igbos who developed Lagos...*
Fashola sent his team to check the status of the payment of land use charge of Kalu in his houses in Parkview and Lekki. He was owing N15m. Fashola's men sealed both houses. They gave Kalu two weeks to pay or the houses would be demolished. He shouted on TV and took newspaper pages to complain of victimisation. He went to court. He sent emissaries to Fashola. No respite. A day to the deadline, bulldozers moved and parked in front of the sealed houses. Kalu rushed down from his Eastern forest ghetto to pay. 😁😁. He then knew that Lagos was not a no-man's- land..
*Lagosians and Yorubas in general should exert moreFOR THE Obi supporters AMONGST YORUBAS. authority on Lagos, otherwise we may become minorities in our homeland.*

*NB:* Those of you who want to vote for non Yoruba presidential candidates in next year elections should be very careful and have a rethink. This is not a campaign for Tinubu at all, far from it.
It is a campaign of sensitisation for the survival and PROTECTION OF ALL YORUBA LANDS and her endowments and natural resources. Nigeria is a country made up of different Nations with individual's pursuits of her own agenda. Some of these nationalities are envious of Yorubas because of the nature of Lagos, its location and position among other factors, and would wish history is falsified in order to change the demographic status of Lagos from being a Yoruba land to become, *" a no- man's-land"* as they call it. That is, indirectly changing it to become their own. It has been a long time ambition and aim which must not be allowed to happen.

*Please, don't allow yourself to be deceived or fooled once again.*

Enough is Enough!

Please, share widely until this piece reaches every Yoruba sons and daughters in Nigeria and everywhere in the world.*

Everything crap you read about Ojukwu and Banjo was sourced by Yoruba. If you have forgotten, military orders are not accompanied by conditionalities.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Idiko1: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
gabbytabby:
We give they take with no reciprocity in their own lands. They keep all theirs to themselves but keep shouting how we are all Nigerians.

YORUBA RONU.

Ndigbo voted for Obasanjo when Yoruba kicked him to the political curb. I shall bet my last cent that Yoruba have not voted for Igbo person in the history elections in Nigeria. In addition, Yoruba joined Gowon and northern region of Nigeria to precipitate war against Ndigbo and eastern region. What the hell have your loudmouthed ethnic group ever given to Ndigbo? Lagos is developed with commonwealth fund. It was one of the reasons the Minister of Lagos in the 60s was a Fulani man from today's Katsian State.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by Idiko1: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
gabbytabby:
The hate and bigotry towards Yoruba and Tinubu is only from the Igbo.

After 50 years of war that they started they refuse to get over it and move on.

We continue to give and they take and continue to hate.

YORUBA RONU

Are you this dumb? It is humanly impossible to tell people to get over a war of attrition perpetrated by the so-called neighbors. The only way to get over it remains getting even.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by wegevv: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
gabbytabby:
Oloriburuku won me na 2500 to collect 10,000 yesterday and 5000 for 20,000.

It shall not be well with their generation.

Atiku bribe petrol people to make people life difficult and PO say Emefiele do well. Saboteurs now let us know what they are at their core.

NIGERIA RONU

Ah mummy. I can hear your pain from this post. This APC government has really finished you and caused you great suffering. I pray APC is not allowed to return to power in this election because of you. May a new government that is obidient to its people with atikulate policies for addressing the problems of Nigeria come out victorious in this election.

I know that it is the torment from APC that has changed you since last year when you made the heartwarming post quoted below. But I believe that your joy and kind heart to all Nigerians, regardless of tribe, will be restored in this season after with the removal of APC from power. It is well with you mummy. Stay strong <3

gabbytabby:
I am encouraged by this and continue to pray that a return to the good old days will happen for Nigeria.

Last year end November/December 2021 my Yoruba plumber went to the East to work. While he was there, a neighbour’s son took an interest in his work and worked with them throughout their project there.

Surprise surprise when he was going to leave, the parents of the boy asked if he would take their boy back to lagos with him and train him in the trade.

The Igbo boy now lives with him and trains with him.

I prayed for the boy and wished him well giving my motherly advice. Unbeknownst to him, he now has a surrogate mum in me as his mum is far.

It is this pockets of trust and goodwill that continues to encourage one that all is not lost.

Nigeria will survive.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Emefiele another Igboman is bent on starving and killing us because of his unsuccessful Presidential bid and PO says he supports it. This is what the visionless Igbo man is using power for.

They are letting us know how heartless they are.

NIGERIA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
Aside that you lack home training. This is your problem and why you have been killing your people in the South East nobody can be neutral its always they support you or they die.

Which igboman has the Igbo presented and supported always hiding behind fulani man or Calabar man.

YORUBA RONU

Idiko1:

Ndigbo voted for Obasanjo when Yoruba kicked him to the political curb. I shall bet my last cent that Yoruba have not voted for Igbo person in the history elections in Nigeria. In addition, Yoruba joined Gowon and northern region of Nigeria to precipitate war against Ndigbo and eastern region. What the hell have your loudmouthed ethnic group ever given to Ndigbo? Lagos is developed with commonwealth fund. It was one of the reasons the Minister of Lagos in the 60s was a Fulani man from today's Katsian State.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
The Igbo are known for their lack of capacity to take ownership and their lies.

You killed all the Hausa and Yoruba Officers but you leave your own. Then you declared war and expect your neighbours to fold hands and waite for you to to clubber them. You then expect this same neighbours to arrange for food and warfare for you.

Continue this your drums of war because your getting.

Ti shigidi bamate ani ki won gbe owun lo so do kowun lo we.

YORUBA RONU

Idiko1:

Are you this dumb? It is humanly impossible to tell people to get over a war of attrition perpetrated by the so-called neighbors. The only way to get over it remains getting even.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
You have not heard from me because I have been and continue to be bedridden.

They are already engaging in acts of war by particularly seeking to kill off your women folk. My observation is some kind of gas through your window while you sleep at night.

YORuBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
Apparently I have already had several strokes already and got out just in time.

YORUBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2023
Their brother Emefiele confiscated our money and and claimed it was a currency swap. Which senseless person receives over 3.3 billion and swaps it for about 400million.

They knew it will lead to destitution, hunger and mental issues with people going naked just to access their money. They did not care if you lived or die just as far as PO gets power.

Did you see PO in court fighting for your survival

YORUBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
No current or past Governor of Anambra has vouched for PO.

They refuse to focus on their fatherland choosing instead to go to court over the conduct and arrangements of elections in Lagos.

Their greed and covetousness will always show them up for who they are at their core.

YORUBA RONU
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 10:08am On Mar 01, 2023
Has LP not turn out to be an Igbo party. They do not have the maturity to be inclusive of other tribes and to unify
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2023
See all their reps 100percent Igbo . They do not know how to be inclusive. They are too greedy and hence their problems
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
I am alive only by the grace of god

We watch you all chase other south easterners your brothers out of your civil service and know that you have.no place for Yoruba and hausa
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Tinubu Only by the.grace of God.
Sanwo Olu Sanwo Eko

The objectives has been achieved.

We understand the tantrums and that too shall pass.
Re: For The Obi Supporters Amongs The Yorubas by gabbytabby: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2023
1. Dr. Alex Otti is an IGBO MAN from Isiala-Ngwa area of Abia State. He has ALWAYS been identified to be from there.

But today, the same Ngwa people say Otti is a FOREIGNER IN ABIA by virtue of the area of Ngwa that he comes from.

They are of the opinion that he isnt an "original Ngwa man".

They say he is "Not Abia enough" to be the Governor of their state!!!

It is what has caused all the wahala in Abia State Guber.

He has won eventually but I can imagine that he will have problems.

2. Not too long ago, in this 4th Republic , a Yoruba man who had stayed forever in ONITSHA went beyond this boundaries.

He wanted to contest COUNCILORSHIP POSITION in one of their WARDS in that town.

Ordinary Councilor o!!!

They told him to clear out but he didn't understand.

He was summarily liquidated.

3. In Enugu we saw a viral video of a Leader, an elderly man, insisting that a particular politician whose ancestry was traced to nearby EBONYI STATE can never be allowed to be their Governor in Enugu.

He said NEVER.

He was terribly agitated about it.

They didn't allow that man.

4. In Anambra again, Bianca Onoh is an IGBO WOMAN. Her father was from neighbouring Enugu which used to be one state with them but she married no less a man than Emeka Ojukwu himself

A whole Ojukwu.

But Ojukwu was Anambra.

Bianca indicated that she wanted to contest the senatorial election in Anambra.

Anambra People told her to go to HER FATHERS LAND!!!!

That was it.

5. Ironically, Mrs Betty Akeredolu came to her own fathers land to ask for Senatorial ticket

Her father's land is IMO.

Imo people promptly told her to go back to her HUSBAND'S LAND IN ONDO STATE to find the ticket.

6. Till this day they still have the OSU CASTE system in that Igbo land.

Christianity couldn't wash it away.

OSU people still suffer humiliations amongst fellow Igbo people.

They have limitations to their rights up till this day.

They are discriminated against.

7. But these Abia, Anambra , Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo men are all over the place in Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Osun and Lagos states telling you stories of 'One Nigeria" and preaching against"Tribalism " that it is fair and okay for them to become anything of politics in your land as they LIVE AND OWN HOUSES IN YOUR COMMUNITIES.

The want to be able to contest elections as GOVERNOR in Lagos and infact they want to achieve it by IGBO BLOC VOTES as they have moved half of their population into Lagos.

They want to be SENATORS in Lagos.

They want to be DEPUTY-GOVERNOR in Ogun.

They actually feel they deserve to be consulted in Ekiti before you chose your leaders.

They OPENLY tell you that LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.

HOW A PEOPLE DEMAND FROM YOU WHAT THEY CAN'T GIVE YOU IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

They don't do these things in the NORTH because they are very much aware that the NORTHERNERS KNOW THEM.

They do it to the Yoruba people because they are also very aware that the Yorubas don't travel to the EAST and therefore don't know the IGBO characters.

Yorubas are a very easy-going and easily contented, we hardly have had reasons to be going up and down to the spaces of other people.

But you come to us when we DIDN'T INVITE YOU and then begin to harrass us with games of competition which is something that isn't part of our own culture.

We don't go about with crazy aggression trying to outdo or get better than our neighbours.

Our ancestors taught us to be okay and satisfied with what we have.

We only look to be the better of ourselves, to become a better person than we were yesterday.

Money was and still is not a yardstick of measuring the quality of men in Yoruba land - YOUR OMOLÚÀBÍ CONTENT IS.

We will continue to educate our people.

Things can't be the same again.

©️ Adedamola Adetayo
23 March 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IREV Portal Now Open: Verify Your PU Results / Ibb: What I Discussed With Jonathan ! / President Goodluck Jonathan I Dey Laugh O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.