Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Beware Of Office Instigators - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of Office Instigators (399 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Beware Of Job Scammers / Beware Of This Guy... Kane Ifeanyichukwu Amobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Office Instigators by Hamachi(f): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
Beware of Office Instigators,

They instigate quarrels, gossip, and negativity and act like they know nothing about it.

A workplace bully can make your time on the job painful. While most individuals in the workplace are eager to form comfortable and mutually respectful, relationships, others seem more eager to stir up trouble and create conflict. If your workplace is home to an instigator, the way in which you handle this individual could prove important. If you mishandle your interactions with this person, you will likely find that he is successful in his attempts to create trouble. If, on the other hand, you tackle this instigator's attempts at upset effectively, you can likely thwart his efforts.

Ways to handle instigators:

👉Identify the problem.

👉Assess the behavior.

👉As the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words." Watch the behavior and listen to the language of your colleagues.

👉Take effective action when Instigators make the first attempt.

👉Don't let the problem fester.

👉Safeguard your reputation
👉Don't sink to their level.

Be careful how you relate with colleagues, we have instigators in many organizations and you think they are your friends, When you have to interact with colleagues, keep your conversation strictly business.

Do not give room or hint for anyone to cause trouble with your Name, Be polite and cordial, not overly friendly. Don't share with them your personal business and don't allow them to tell you theirs. When they attempt to spread gossip, change the subject, or get curious and ask fact-seeking questions.

When you show no interest in office shenanigans and refuse to feed into their pathology, they will soon lose interest.
Re: Beware Of Office Instigators by Pojomojo: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
Let us be frank with each other on this quagmire in the HR office to job seekers. When one is in search of a job;
1. He/She has no money for transport most times of the interview was to be face to face but most high end organization have embraced technology via zoom and teams. Why don't you embrace the same? Why make him/her incur costs and he/she is already broke.

2. Most of the HRs' usually cut the expenditure cost by utilizing on fresh onboarded salary cuts or reduction of the salary. If the job was to be paid 300K monthly then the HR comes up with a 70K to 60K payment plan on a 6 months contract without benefits, whereby after 3 months the fresh employee realises the huge difference with the older guys in payslip so he/she quits & you incur your organization losses on frequent onboarding, interviewing, training and firing costs that were unnecessary due to your selfishness. Its like showing off to your Boss that you are saving his expenses. Others even cut the refreshment costs, beverages costs, food costs and transport costs provided by the organization. Which is very foolish of them leading to low production and services end result is losses.

3. The HR office nowadays is missused, misguided and misunderstood by themselves
Re: Beware Of Office Instigators by QuinModah(f): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2023
Seems Gen Zs are tilting the landscape. Those young men and women either know their worth and what they want at a very tender age or are on the fast lane wanting to hit huge targets within no time. I’m a Gen Z and I couldn’t agree more! Suffering at workplaces to prove our worth ain’t the it for us. Any opportunity to make our work life easier we sieze it. Toxic work environment is a real thing and no one should endure that! We’re all humans. I wonder whether you or your peer employers have audited their leadership styles too, and terms of employment. I would be glad to compare, because I believe no one just leaves a job they looked for so painstakingly. Surely it can't be just a one way thing.
Re: Beware Of Office Instigators by Hamachi(f): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
wink

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy / Npower Enquiry / Two Sales Girls Needed At Abraham Adesanya, Ajah. 50k Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.