Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. (37162 Views)

Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic / Tell Us The Most Underrated Food You Know! / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by adeniyi65(m): 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
goshen26:
Garri get one special comfort when u take it after much stress, especially with groundnut and chilled water.

A gold coin for you. Only the body system understands it stimulation grin grin
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Abakelawal(f): 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
Garri my life server when I was in school.... May God bless the person that introduced garri
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
post=120610671:
By who?

Na so them dey use ask question🙄😒?
See your mouth like "by who"😒..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by zhirkovrado(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Pure lies, Garri isn't underrated, we praise Garri on daily bases.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by anungangampu: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Very underrated. I fear a lot of criticism for drinking garri among friends and family but I decided this year, it would become a regular act because that's the only food that blends with my brain's dopamine release and also gives my body and brain space to think clearly.
It's hard to put it in words, but this is the only food and beans that since 20yrs till now I have never found a fault with.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Bananapill: 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The most underrated food in Nigeria is Garri. As ordinary as garri is, it has saved many lives. Funny enough, it is the most underrated food in Nigeria. Many guys/ladies out there(especially the ones that forms) see garri as food meant for the poor or for broke guys.

To tell you how important garri be, every other food item for house go done finish, garri go still dey d house.
When food no dey house and we dey hungry, garri dey save us.
We go dey play ball as kids, we go run enter house pack garri for mouth, run come out to continue. Everybody dey take turn to run enter house...
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by micki1: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Very soon garri would be served in weddings.

This I have seen.
Prophet, it looks like you are seeing the past. They have been serving garri in weddings na.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by zinaunreal(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
I chow garri normal.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by gentleguy1975: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
This reminds me of one funny proverb thus: where person buy garri, make him no buy sugar there,or else na see finish be that oo

2 Likes

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by clockwisereport: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
Nobody underrates Ozoigbondu
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Truvelisback(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Omoapena:
Keep drinking garri o till you go blind then you will know its doing more harm to the body
What if that is the only thing u have at home at the moment, won't u eat it? If u believe that it would make u blind, it would. However, I do not mean it should be drank everyday. Apart from drinking, Garri is economical and it reduces excess spending. U can mixed it up with beans to eat inplace of bread so as to get filled unlike the balloon bread people sell nowadays because of the hike in flour price.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by GloriousGbola: 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
mariahAngel:
Garri has never been underrated.

You are back with another opata thread

Na poor pesin dey drink that rich gari mix?
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Cooleasy(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The most underrated food is Ekuru.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Where is this found?
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Truvelisback(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
Bananapill:

To tell you how important garri be, every other food item for house go done finish, garri go still dey d house.
We go dey play ball as kids, we go run enter house pack garri for mouth, run come out to continue. Everybody dey take turn to run enter house...
No be lie. grin
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Truvelisback(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2023
gentleguy1975:
This reminds me of one funny proverb thus: where person buy garri, make him no buy sugar there,or else na see finish be that oo
I like the proverb. grin
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kulikuli and Garri is so much underated.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by EDOLUWA: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
This one na true ooooo

Even For UK here Naija cant play with Garri Sulphate at all
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Truvelisback(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
Bananapill:

To tell u how important garri is. When my mum gets paid, garri is always the first foodstuff she always buy b4 anything and she would buy enough of it. Whenever i query her abt why always buying garri first, not even is small quanty, in large quantity for that matter, she would just shake her head and tell me that i don't know anything.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Kamachicho(f): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2023
@FalseProphet1

The general overSEEr of Nairaland, you won't believe that I attended a funeral last November and our own garri was served with fried crab and fingerlings, sugar and water here in Lagos (Ilupeju).
It was a refreshment after the normal rice, different swallow and asaro☺️

4 Likes

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by IPG25(m): 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
Well garri can't be under_rated
I can do with out drinking garri for the wk
I love garri
Indeed is a G. O. A. T
that everyone needs in his or her family.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by letitrainnow(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
Many guys/ladies out there(especially the ones that forms) see garri as food meant for the poor or for broke guys.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by sweetonugbu: 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2023
shantti:
There should be a day mapped out to honor garri.
Please, from hence forth, every 29th of February should be termed WORLD GARRI DAY. On that day, every one should make a garri delicacy be it eba, or soaked garri and exchange it neighbours. Let use garri to show love to our neighbours that day please. You can post your garri on social media too with the tag #worldgarriday.
october 1st should be celebrated as a holiday in Nigeria in honour of garri.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by olaztek(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
Garri is loved by everybody because it's cheap, satiable and takes few minutes to prepare and consume.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by fineboynl(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Unfortunately garri doesn't good for my body.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by IMASTEX: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
ouzo1:
Baba no ever put Garri and underate for one sentence o, Garri wey we dey sign petition make e begin dey First aid box... U dey play.
He doesn't know what he is saying. Garri has been saving lives since 1000 B.C.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by MILLERMannn: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
goshen26:
Garri get one special comfort when u take it after much stress, especially with groundnut and chilled water.

E go make you sleep straight.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Boatin: 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
mariahAngel:
Garri has never been underrated.

Try Khafflo Chocolate drink... #beyond3in1

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Melagros(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
Truvelisback:
Na during 2020 Lock down nai i take know say the guy(Garri) na Hero. grin
;Dabi
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by iInjureHerYansh: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
Who said garri is underrated. Abeg shift
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by mu2sa2: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
There should be a provision in the constitution like this:
"(1) Garri is an indispensable staple food and, accordingly, it is declared as the national food of Nigeria."
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by wehdone(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2023
Truvelisback:
It has been underrated. For example: A guy or lady may boldly and stylishly carry a loaf of bread or 2 packs indomie noodles or some eggs abt but if it is garri, he may not do so. Even if he wants to, he would triple the Celophene or even fourple it, so that no one would notice. grin

Lol... You don't even know. I went to Bakan gizo to buy garri. See ehhhnnn, the way I proudly carried d garri, you fit come beg me to fetch small for you. 2kg Ijebu garri that I bought for 2,500 Shame no fit catch me mbok
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The most underrated food in Nigeria is Garri. As ordinary as garri is, it has saved many lives. Funny enough, it is the most underrated food in Nigeria. Many guys/ladies out there(especially the ones that forms) see garri as food meant for the poor or for broke guys.

Not after Mugari became president. Only the lucky have that to eat right now😋

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recommend Home Made Smoothies That Make One Gain Weight / Do You Still Eat This As An Adult? (picture) / See The Bush Meat Killed In Our Farm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.