Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. (37165 Views)

Is This The Most Underrated Grain In Nigeria? See Pic / Tell Us The Most Underrated Food You Know! / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by wehdone(m): 10:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
olaztek:
Garri is loved by everybody because it's cheap, satiable and takes few minutes to prepare and consume.

Try ijebu garri
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by HellVictorinho7: 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
Garri is life
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Nickymezor(f): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Cassava flakes can Neva be underrated now... Garri na baba...Took it today sef with some kwuli kwuli

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Probz(m): 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
mariahAngel:

With all due respect Mr Probz, you're quite odd.
Has anyone ever told you that? undecided

Speaking about utazi; I've once thought about pairing it with water leaves (to create soup), and I'm quite sure it'll turn out nice.

Not all 7 billion people in the world can be the same. My quirky food-exploration niche that I express a lot on Nairaland is just one side to me so it is what it is. I’m situations like this I couldn’t care less about seeming odd or a bit weird.

The utazi/water-leaf stuff does sound interesting, though.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by luluman: 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The most underrated food in Nigeria is Garri. As ordinary as garri is, it has saved many lives. Funny enough, it is the most underrated food in Nigeria. Many guys/ladies out there(especially the ones that forms) see garri as food meant for the poor or for broke guys.
You missed it.Garri has never been underrated.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by jumper524(m): 11:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Bread and Akara.
People has never respected the luxury that food gives.
Though underrated but tastes better than burger..
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Truvelisback(m): 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
luluman:
You missed it.Garri has never been underrated.
There so many reasons that prompted me to say. One of the reasons is that, some people rarely get it as part of their foodstuff. They may have things like rice, beans, yam, indomie noodles, eggs etc at home but may not have garri at home.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Hungerbadoo: 12:19am On Feb 04, 2023
shantti:
There should be a day mapped out to honor garri.
Please, from hence forth, every 29th of February should be termed WORLD GARRI DAY. On that day, every one should make a garri delicacy be it eba, or soaked garri and exchange it neighbours. Let use garri to show love to our neighbours that day please. You can post your garri on social media too with the tag #worldgarriday.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Hungerbadoo: 12:32am On Feb 04, 2023
Nickymezor:
Cassava flakes can Neva be underrated now... Garri na baba...Took it today sef with some kwuli kwuli
Kwuli kwuli...Oh my God, i must take garri and kwuli kwuli tomorrow
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by nedekid: 4:40am On Feb 04, 2023
Omo garri with ice block and suger is the highest, especially with moi moi, ewa, or spicy suya by the side.
Stopped eating it though since the lassa fever scare 2 years ago. undecided
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by correctguy101(m): 5:44am On Feb 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
It has been underrated. For example: A guy or lady may boldly and stylishly carry a loaf of bread or 2 packs indomie noodles or some eggs abt but if it is garri, he may not do so. Even if he wants to, he would triple the Celophene or even fourple it, so that no one would notice. grin

The bolded is mostly to "garrison" the garri to avoid "Nigeria" from happening to it... shocked shocked sad
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Teymanhenry(f): 6:26am On Feb 04, 2023
I'm with the opinion that though it's very important, it is still underrated
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by integrity16(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2023
That's not true. Garri is the best.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Ceejay57: 6:55am On Feb 04, 2023
u dey mint nih.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Thebigheart: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2023
Greatest of All Time ( G.O.A.T)
Still saving millions from APC poverty stigma.

Thank God for the creation.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2023
Nothing wey people won't see for this life

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by sleemomymy: 7:35am On Feb 04, 2023
ouzo1:
Baba no ever put Garri and underate for one sentence o, Garri wey we dey sign petition make e begin dey First aid box... U dey play.
Your head dey there...
GARRI NA LIFE SAVER. THE QUICKEST AND FASTEST INTERMEDIATE MEAL.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by lascos912(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2023
I really really appreciate you garri thanks for being with me thank you so much
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Mikkysmart: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2023
Baba garri no be anybody mate again oo
Garri to sure for house....no go there ooo
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2023
Garri is the reason why I hate staying overseas.

I relish it with all pleasure. grin kiss
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by vikstandon(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The most underrated food in Nigeria is Garri. As ordinary as garri is, it has saved many lives. Funny enough, it is the most underrated food in Nigeria. Many guys/ladies out there(especially the ones that forms) see garri as food meant for the poor or for broke guys.

Baba this comment na for you o!

Garri wey dey combine with cold water and milk dey douse tension and stress every close of business.
Na una dey form with am... If e no dey house, food no dey house.
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by hush15: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2023
mariahAngel:
Garri has never been underrated.

Will never be underrated, shall never be underrated. It is a staple food and will forever be nigeria's greatest asset.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by anayolity: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
DRPAIT123:

Your submission is apt but I have a correction to make.
"Fourple" is not a word in the English dictionary, the right word is actually quadruple.

You're totally correct but "Fourple" is a slang
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by FOLLEY20(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2023
mariahAngel:
Garri has never been underrated.
It's only that garri is available almost everywhere as fast food in Nigeria and it's affordable to the majority of people.

1 Like

Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by Louisboy22(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
Yes ooo, I never underated garri, garri is a life saver
Re: Garri: The Most Underrated Food In Nigeria. by LittleBigDick(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2023
Most underrated food is yam

Yam eaten with oil in a open farm land after doing some farm work beats any meal cooked at home

Well Pounded yam with Egusi soup

Yam with Chicken pottage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Still Eat This As An Adult? (picture) / Recommend Home Made Smoothies That Make One Gain Weight / See The Bush Meat Killed In Our Farm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.