Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? (33920 Views)

1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage / Man Marries Lady Impregnated By Another Man. Finds Out After Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:00am On Feb 02, 2023
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when they started their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that.

I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later, they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days, he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors,but then who dares go near to interact with her before marriage.

Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. I learnt that he said he doesn't find her attractive no more but what made him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive.

Even also it happens to ladies that will later say she is tired of her husband.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Bluezy13(m): 5:01am On Feb 02, 2023
Adventure ends.

Sometimes, when you don't have something, you wish to have it. When you eventually have it, you find out it was not worth the stress. You calm down.
When you are crushing on a girl, you wish to have her by your side. That feeling is thrilling. It is adventurous. When you eventually have her by your side, the feeling of longing is no more there. Reality sets in. Adventure ends.

Same is applicable to marriage.

232 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:10am On Feb 02, 2023
Bluezy13:
Adventure ends.
can you explain that ? I want to know why ... because am scared of marriage. Nowadays couples are scaring us away from doing marriage. Most men are going through a lots in marriage they won't tell you..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Goodlady(f): 5:23am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
can you explain that ? I want to know why ... because am scared of marriage. Nowadays couples are scaring us away from doing marriage. Most men are going through a lots in marriage they won't tell you..
Marriage is good n I look forward ⏩⏩⏩ to it.
Why couples don't find themselves attractive is based on desire. Once you decide this is who you ll be with forever, it's sealed.
If it's looks that attracts you, the looks ll fade. If it's money, money fit finish. But the desire to stick to your partner keeps you going when it appear to be rough.
Just like when you buy new gadget, it's so new at first but becomes old gradually. Humans aren't objects though so that's why you v to maintain each other.

206 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Lalami3232(m): 5:23am On Feb 02, 2023
Same way you don't find your phone attractive after sometime. But initially, it was a dream phone grin

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Oga instead of you to go do yahoo, I go advise you to learn programming"

299 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by oz4real83(m): 5:25am On Feb 02, 2023
Please edit your post and correct some of the words you use. Some of us reading it lose interest when we see statements like "her wife" or 'his husband" in Nigeriaembarassed.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by naijapikin2(m): 5:26am On Feb 02, 2023
I can only speak about what I've heard the men say:
Some women just tend to lower their guard after marriage. They now begin to tie wrapper Instead of putting on bum shorts for your man. Just generally leave themselves unkempt. Hair undone, teeth not brushed, hey ladies your men also like to see you do make up.

I'll be back with more...

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by naijapikin2(m): 5:30am On Feb 02, 2023
When it comes to banging, you carry out the same style year in year out haba mana. Nothing stops you doing it like a windmill or fore-play, or even fiveplay. grin

You know that game little children play and they say "change your style, another one"... Aha! It should be something like that. cool

35 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by orisa37: 5:41am On Feb 02, 2023
Such is LIFE when SATAN is INVOLVED.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by DWJOBScom(m): 5:44am On Feb 02, 2023
I am not married, so I have nothing to say
I agree with your line sha but in the midst of the pattern drawn by the OP , I know couples still loving and loving after 25 to 30 years of marriage
They smile, and you catch the spark in each others eye

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by DWJOBScom(m): 5:46am On Feb 02, 2023
naijapikin2:
I can only speak about what I've heard the men say:
Some women just tend to lower their guard after marriage. They now begin to tie wrapper Instead of putting on bum shorts for your man. Just generally leave themselves unkempt. Hair undone, teeth not brushed, hey ladies your men also like to see you do make up.

I'll be back with more...

I also think men need to step up, too
Lose the tummy , get a decent haircut , gist and gossip with wife, exercise and be fit , learn a skill, etc
The pressure is not on ladies only

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by orisa37: 5:46am On Feb 02, 2023
They change THEM TO THEIR AND MAKE QUEEN'S ENGLISH UGLY.
Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by orisa37: 5:48am On Feb 02, 2023
ADVENTURES BEGIN.
Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by orisa37: 5:50am On Feb 02, 2023
EMEFIELE INTRODUCES NEW NAIRA NOTES.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:00am On Feb 02, 2023
In Every Romantic Affairs that Last for long, Attractions is bound to GRADUALLY disappear. embarassed

Dat's why couples Must Re-invent themselves and change with the times.

As a Man, try different Hairstyles, lifestyles and Spoil ur Wife with Surprises. smiley

For women, Maintain ur Figure, Dress sexy most times and be Spontaneous in the Oza room.
Buy African Roots for ur Husband and Give him Cowgirls, Doggy, Monkey, Angle 90 Sex styles, ,etc..

With Better Doccking b/w a Couple, Their Marriage MUST last. cool cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Nwodosis(m): 6:13am On Feb 02, 2023
The man will be faced with the financial need of the family, the woman will be faced with the welfare of the children. Unfortunately, both won't see each other as being hardworking causing irritations that will be killing the affections.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Iagos: 6:25am On Feb 02, 2023
Nothing lasts forever.
With time new things become old.
A reality we need to live with

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by 23jerryking(m): 6:44am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
Hello Nairalanders

I do observe that most married couples don't find their selves attractive unlike when the start their relationship before marriage.

I have experienced three married couples like that. I remember when this my neighbor brought her wife to be then, this man is very jelous and he always challenge her when he sees her chatting with guys in the compound but some years later,they did wedding and she gave birth to two lovely girls but now all those jealousy of those days , he is not doing that again even if he comes from work he will just over look the person chatting with his wife and he comes back late in the night.. weekend he will be indoor not minding the wife is outside still conversating with neighbors I mean male neighbors.but then who dears go near to interact with her before marriage. Even the other couples they will be doing as if they don't know each other .. i learnt that he said his doesn't find her attractive no more but what makes him marry her? Didn't he see the signs she is not attractive. Even also it happens to ladies to that will later says she is tired of her husband..
That might not be true, he'd probably grown more matured now. Maybe he was at very insecure hence the jealousy, but have learnt to trust her after two children with her. Sometimes time will teach a lot.

20 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Icuib4cu: 6:46am On Feb 02, 2023

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Berrityga: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2023
I easily get tired of people last year I dated 9 different girls met my current babe in Nov. Right now I'm tired looking for how to end it. What we need to know is that marriage is not for every one

14 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by JASONjnr(m): 7:13am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

Many people marry because of physical beauty....

When you look deeply and appreciate your partner with her inside beauty, you will always stay loving her.

Marriage is beautiful and the only problem is finding a woman that will stay true to you.

If you love a woman and study her and love everything about her, and she loves everything about you. It's a match-make that can last for eternity.

But if the love was either her looks or her loving you for your money.... When those attributes are gone, the love fades away with it.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by ITbomb(m): 7:14am On Feb 02, 2023
Attractive abi, when you have bills to pay, responsibilities and challenges everywhere.

If you can, enjoy your youthful relationship o, because marriage and nurturing other human beings (kids) to maturity no be beans

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by siofra(f): 7:33am On Feb 02, 2023
It's because men marry for lust and when that lust fades, they begin to regret marriage. undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Bluezy13(m): 7:35am On Feb 02, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

sometimes, When you don't have something, you wish to have it. When you eventually have it, you find out it was not worth the stress. You calm down.
When you are crushing on a girl, you wish to have her by your side. That feeling is thrilling. It is adventurous. When you eventually have her by your side, the feeling of longing is no more there. Adventure ends.

Same is applicable to marriage.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by EriMma1: 7:37am On Feb 02, 2023
It's a normal thing especially with those who go into relationship for money or physical body features like facial beauty and body shape. When the beauty is no longer as sparkling as it was, the interest drops. When the shape is no longer there due to child birth or lack of control of what you eat, the interest also drops.

This is the reason I will never date because of looks because looks fade. For money? Yes I'll date for money because money is very very essential for a healthy relationship and marriage.

I prefer the likeness to come naturally without attaching it to anything I can see. Let it flow from within and it's such likeness/love that lasts forever.

As for couples getting bored of each other, I too have seen it and even though I know the probable cause of such, it disturbs me a lot whenever I see it playing out
Just last week, it happened in my presence between my pastor and his wife and I began to wonder about this whole marriage thing. I went to their place to do something. The man just went outside to sit down while the woman was inside. Not like she was busy o. I was now saying, why does it look like he just wants to be by himself? Why are they not sitting inside together and honeying with each other. This was just going on in my head as I was looking at the pastor engrossed in his phone. I just concluded in my heart that they are prolly bored with the others presence. God forgive me.

Of all the guys I ever dated, I only got tired of one and that's because he didn't have money and after bearing with him to see if things would change for the better, nothing happened. I just lost interest in him and jejely took a walk.

In summary, don't go after looks. Looks will fade and there'll be nothing to look forward to in that marriage hence the loss of interest. Marry for natural likeness.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by handsomeyitayo(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2023
JASONjnr:

Many people marry because of physical beauty....

When you look deeply and appreciate your partner with her inside beauty, you will always stay loving her.

Marriage is beautiful and the only problem is finding a woman that will stay true to you.

If you love a woman and study her and love everything about her, and she loves everything about you. It's a match-make that can last for eternity.

But if the love was either her looks or her loving you for your money.... When those attributes are gone, the love fades away with it.
true talk

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by everythinggirly(f): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2023
This is not the comment you're looking for, keep scrolling.😁

10 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by falcon01: 7:41am On Feb 02, 2023
Everything comes to an end

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by myyansh68(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2023
Most people marry for benefits, not the person's soul.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by Waffarianman(m): 7:49am On Feb 02, 2023
Who say so even with 3 kids I and my wife still find ourselves attractive. Na now our love sweet pass

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive? by NotKnown: 7:50am On Feb 02, 2023
There's no campaign after election. If you know, you know.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Builds Wife A House, Gifts Her Iphone 13 Pro Max On Her Birthday / 8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix) / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.