Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. (38626 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Traditional Marriage Ceremony in U.S.: NEED HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by OhiOfIhima: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
How can I tell my in-laws that I want to pay bride price via transfer? That's so funny.
Very very disrespectful from the groom and his family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by yomi007k(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
NEUDUDE:

Clitocurrency job grin

grin
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Kendo93: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
Tradition nah tradition.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Allisgud: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
U wan run ur inlaw street, grin oga if u no clear the dowry,Dem go seize ur wife🤓
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by saintneo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2023
Are they giving away their daughter in marriage via WiFi/Bluetooth?

People should respect themselves. Abi the guy no get marriage list? All these should be prepared.

What if the bride price is N70? Will he do transfer?

Sonnobax15:
Today, a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......

After travelling for over 2hours via my keke, so we finally got to our destination.

After exchanging pleasantries, kola nuts and other traditional rites were done,then it was left for the main dowry which was #2000.
It was then the bigger problem came because the groom's family didn't come with cash. They insisted on doing transfer but the bride's family insisted on it, saying it must be paid with cash.

Omoh, the whole thing became funny grin. The bride's elder brother kept insisting on it until a POS attendant was invited into the situation.The dowry's money was later withdrawn and paid in cash.

Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn the money and kept it until the D-day while it was crystal clear it could have expired due to the deadline of the naira swap?

Mods abeg make una shift this thread to the permanent site so that make other enlightened nairaladers for torchlight the matter small.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by nedekid: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
It must be paid in cash.
It is traditional wedding naa.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by leisuretym: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
The most embarrassing thing would be for you to tell your husband you’ll return the dowry he paid on your during a huge disagreement and he replies, never mind, nah fake alert we take pay your dowry after all.

That will will pain that Jennywhatwver and sofirat like mad😀
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by AmuRubber(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:
It is common sense that the bride price is presented physically. I am sure you saw the money change hands, probably from him, to his father, to the eldest man in her family and to her own father. Everyone would see it live and agree it was paid. These are rituals that a transfer doesn’t help.

The father might keep it somewhere safely, because some of them DO NOT spend it. Any day yawa starts, he would bring it out from his old box.

What is N2000 that a serious minded man who knew he would be getting married since 2018 couldn’t get? Among his ENTOURAGE, no single person had N2000? Collectively they also couldn’t raise N2000? What a set…

Was there any elder in their midst? This is why you younglings should go close to your elders/parents. Watch African Magic, you say it is local. Now you are acting like aliens at a trad. There are things you don’t learn from American feem and South Korean soaps.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by tydi(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
ahnie:

The bride price shock me..
Mine was way lesser,than the less years ago cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy my in-laws still uses it to taunt me.
My village elders no try atall cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
E nor reach 300 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dem still give den change join sef cheesy

See as body dey sweet you say you marry but you advice another woman to commot her husband house.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Oju4190: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
it shod b pay in cash on the spot.....the 2k which is the dowry is not for the bride parents only. it will b share among the bride family.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by mortalincarnate(f): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:
It is common sense that the bride price is presented physically. I am sure you saw the money change hands, probably from him, to his father, to the eldest man in her family and to her own father. Everyone would see it live and agree it was paid. These are rituals that a transfer doesn’t help.

The father might keep it somewhere safely, because some of them DO NOT spend it. Any day yawa starts, he would bring it out from his old box.

What is N2000 that a serious minded man who knew he would be getting married since 2018 couldn’t get? Among his ENTOURAGE, no single person had N2000? Collectively they also couldn’t raise N2000? What a set…

Was there any elder in their midst? This is why you younglings should go close to your elders/parents. Watch African Magic, you say it is local. Now you are acting like aliens at a trad. There are things you don’t learn from American feem and South Korean soaps.

So despite all your slaying here on Nairaland, your pride prize is just 2k!!!😂😂😂😂

1,2k only

Naaah
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Streetmovement(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Transfer v physical 😂😂
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by harmargedon: 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Today, a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......

After travelling for over 2hours via my keke, so we finally got to our destination.

After exchanging pleasantries, kola nuts and other traditional rites were done,then it was left for the main dowry which was #2000.
It was then the bigger problem came because the groom's family didn't come with cash. They insisted on doing transfer but the bride's family insisted on it, saying it must be paid with cash.

Omoh, the whole thing became funny grin. The bride's elder brother kept insisting on it until a POS attendant was invited into the situation.The dowry's money was later withdrawn and paid in cash.

Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn the money and kept it until the D-day while it was crystal clear it could have expired due to the deadline of the naira swap?

Mods abeg make una shift this thread to the permanent site so that make other enlightened nairaladers for torchlight the matter small.
it's a must to pay in cash, that's tradition. Others can be done via transfer but there's a reason they accept only cash.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by dnawah(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:

no! It is always in cash.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by AmuRubber(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I was surprised at the N2000 and I seriously doubt it. Bride price itself has always been CHEAP. It is meant to be symbolical. Where I come from, it is N15, even until tomorrow. 3 mint N5 notes. What is heavy is the marriage list. Never the bride price. So, except your people don’t have a marriage list, na still the same thing.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by adecz: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2023
Traditional things are done physically
for everyone present to see & witness❗️❗️❗️
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by harmargedon: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:

it's a must to pay in cash, that's tradition. Others can be done via transfer but there's a reason they accept only cash. Did you guys go with elders
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Elderustin: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2023
The policy no funny but at last every body go the fine. Small small.

They close border we survived,
fuel price goes up we survived,
dollar goes up we survived.
Food price in the market goes we survived. Police extort money from common still the survived
Common man robbed common man on a daily basis we survived
They hike electricity tariff we survived

Common man cried for mercy no body cares nobody goes to ASO rock on how our behalf nobody listen to our matter Dem say don't mind those poor people.

Now something done touched them they run go ASO rock to do what? To cry, oh! " The rich also cry'

I want to console the poor that there shall be light at the end of the tunnel.

Let rich also feel the pains. They are not going to ASO rock because you the poor but for their personal interest.

We the poor shall survived

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
tydi:

See as body dey sweet you say you marry but you advice another woman to commot her husband house.
Tochukwu pls do not let us open cans of rotten worms of yester-years.
I never adviced your wife to abandoned you?she left freely when domestic violence was involve and you were maltreating her.

See tochukwu I choose to laylow this 2023 for reasons best known to me,and as such I would adviced you to seal your discolored vitiligo lips.

Nor make I loosen my circuit wire wey dey inside my brain.

Don't try me,else I would drag your ex wife to this thread and send her screenshots on WhatsApp.

You don't know the havoc m capable of o,I be resident devil tochukwu

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ihedioramma: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=120576344]Today, a friend of mine invited me to the traditional marriage ceremony of his brother in-law......

Now, my question is, is it right to pay Bride price via transfer considering the new currency policy that's affecting everyone at this moment? Or the groom's family could have withdrawn . IT IS BECAUSE THEY WILL GIVE THEM SOME MONEY BACK .
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
tydi:

Shey you're in your third marriage,she go still leave you, because there's absolutely nothing good to write about you.

You re a 3rd used daybreak newspaper,change your ways,quit punting,quit taking meth,skunk,CK Above all,leave ya papa house go rent your house👹and care for your numerous kids from different women only then will I capoff my cap for you,until then, you're a decorated nonetity , get brag fir person wey nor know you.

Your story dey pregnancy thread.
I told you not to get me started,didn't I?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by chudez0147(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
DamnNigga
You just wasted you time typing note.. what op is talking about happened in his dream
pocohantas:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Aplaudez(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
Jennyclay:
Broke men should please stay away from relationship/marriage.

He can't even produce common 2k cash, Edakun, how will he take good care of his bride if he can't cough out 2k cash? undecided

His mate are holding 200k cash to their traditional marriage just incase of emergency. But your friend can hold common 2k. Nawa oo!!

Even the OP is a Keke man! Shior!

May God Help all struggling men o!

Are you really in this country at all?

Guys beware, na them!
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by DMerciful(m): 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2023
Intelligent woman!
pocohantas:

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by intruder15(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

grin grin cheesy it's the aliens for me
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Bigchristo: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:

You’re a very poor script writer ✍️because a man who is going to pay bride price should be prepared in my own traditional marriage despite all that SARS did to me on high way I hold my ground to make sure the 200k cash with me one naira didn’t slip out of it because I know when am already sitted in my Inlaw palour to pay the dowry you can’t tell them you don’t have cash they won’t accept transfer, responding to your questions: traditions demands you pay in cash and that’s how it should be paid.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by NEUDUDE: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
ahnie:

Tochukwu pls do not let us open cans of rotten worms of yester-years.
I never adviced your wife to abandoned you?she left freely when domestic violence was involve and you were maltreating her.

See tochukwu I choose to laylow this 2023 for reasons best known to me,and as such I would adviced you to seal your discolored vitiligo lips.

Nor make I loosen my circuit wire wey dey inside my brain.

Don't try me,else I would drag your ex wife to this thread and send her screenshots on WhatsApp.

You don't know the havoc m capable of o,I be resident devil tochukwu

Lol negodu... resident evil grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

So you can have sense like this?

Wow!
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buddha3:

So you can have sense like this?

Wow!
Let the lady rest, you're always on her matter.
If you fancy her,why not tell her.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2023
ahnie:

Let the lady rest, you're always on her matter.
If you fancy her,why not tell her.

I fancy you.

And I just told you.
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by ahnie: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
Buddha3:

I fancy you.

And I just told you.
Rest in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: My Experience At A Traditional Marriage Ceremony Today. by tydi(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
ahnie:

Shey you're in your third marriage,she go still leave you, because there's absolutely nothing good to write about you.

You re a 3rd used daybreak newspaper,change your ways,quit punting,quit taking meth,skunk,CK Above all,leave ya papa house go rent your house👹and care for your numerous kids from different women only then will I capoff my cap for you,until then, you're a decorated nonetity , get brag fir person wey nor know you.

Your story dey pregnancy thread.
I told you not to get me started,didn't I?

You keep recycling these old lines . Say something reasonable for once.
I told you nothing but the truth and it hurts I know. Una women na problem of una fellow women . And don't pour your frustrations on me channel it to voting in the right leaders come feb 25

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / What Is The Meaning Of 'dada' (dreadlocks) In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.