Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu (30187 Views)

Notify Customers Before Debt Recovery Moves, CBN Tells Banks / BUA's Sugar Plantation: A Reply To Chika Mbonu / Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Neoteny7: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
CBN are just playing with people intelligent 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Hmmmm

I guess that excludes you, then.

tongue
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Emanodimo(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
The National Assembly represents their various constituencies, unanimously voted for extension of time as proposed till June 2023 but i was shock that CBN Governor ignored them.

It shows that the CBN Governor has a target, personal motives against the public wish. Well, I am not surprised because He is not the first to treat Nigerians that way with no consequence.

Someone is backing his motive and boldness.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Mremilekun(f): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ready to go viral?!

Send us a DM now on WhatsApp on 07012734041 or on IG at dailyadsmarketng, get that organic and premium streams that your music need.

Generate alot of fans on audiomack by buying our premium audiomack followers.

Give your music the push it needs today...

P.S: Valentine's promo is still ongoing, stand a chance to win a dinner date with your boo or bae.

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Godwin616: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is a big thief
Of all the pains and agonies we are going thru now in the country. Is it Tinubu that is responsible for all these.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by osazsky(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
OkoRemi2023:
is the fools and his kinsmen tired of punishing Tinubu? headless and mob dumb supporters

has Buhari recover the illicit money from corrupt politicians, I advise Buhari to sack all his political and economic advisers, they just made him make a big fool of himself

there is no how you can defend Buhari, he will still come up with dumb and antihuman policy

it is God that gives power and he will give it to Tinubu if he wishes through the real electorates not some online and audio PVC electorates
u mean without vote buying and snatching of boxes boss check ur brain
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by grammarian247(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
OkoRemi2023:
is the fools and his kinsmen tired of punishing Tinubu? headless and mob dumb supporters

has Buhari recover the illicit money from corrupt politicians, I advise Buhari to sack all his political and economic advisers, they just made him make a big fool of himself

there is no how you can defend Buhari, he will still come up with dumb and antihuman policy

it is God that gives power and he will give it to Tinubu if he wishes through the real electorates not some online and audio PVC electorates

If it is God that gives power, why do we see the obvious desperation from those you claim God will hand power to? I expect them to just campaign gently while waiting for God to hand them power.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Johnken1234: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
They will still come up with another directive in the next two days. Very unfortunate that our so called professionals are only reactivate and not proactive. If Emefiele is a professional as he claimed, he would have seen all these playing out even before bringing this policy to the desk of the President. President Buhari on his own accepted everything hook, line and sinker and append his signature.

Anyway below is a quote coming from a freedom fighter if only we had believed him, we wouldn't be where we are today:

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
CBN SHOULD STOP GIVING COMMERCIAL BANKS NEW NOTES.
LET CBN USE THEIR SUPER AGENTS TO DISTRIBUTE THE NEW NOTES IN NATIONAL STADIA.IT ALL PLANNING.
OR LET CBN IMMEDIATELY COMMANDEER ALL COMMERCIAL BANK ATMS AND LOAD THE NEW NOTES DIRECTLY. angry

ALL THE COMMERCIALS BANKS HAVE BREACH MONETARY POLICY WITH THEIR CRIMINAL MANAGEMENT BENT ON SABOTAGING THIS CASHLESS POLICY.
NIGERIANS NEED NOT GO NAKED TO GET THEIR CASH.WE NEED FIND BEST SOLUTION.

WHY MUST ANY COMMERCL BANK PAY ANY BUSHIER OVER 1MILLION AT ONCE IN THIS CASHLESS POLICY.?
THIS IS FRAUD,IT'S MADNESS OF HIGHEST ORDER. THEY MUST PAY DARELY FOR THIS EVIL AGAINST NIGERIANS.
WHERE IS LABOUR?
WHERE IS HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST?
WHY,ARE THEY NOT CONFRONTING THESE EVIL BANKS?
If you are a commercial bank manager,or a bank head among the banks that received new notes from CBN and you sold it out by fraud,may you be obliterated from this earth never to see tomorrow to enjoy thAT blood money you made of poor Nigerian masses.It will never be well with you after you are gone to hell,may more Nigerians curses locate people that smuaggled and sold those millions of our new Nigeria notes IFSHA AMEN!!!!!! sadEpe lo ma GBA,awon ole!
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by Spain007(m): 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
olumide4christ:
Emefiele... Emefiele....why this level of incompetence from a whole CBN governor?

Didn't you think this policy through before implementing it? Just about 48 hours ago, you told the house of assembly that people can only get new notes from the ATM and not over the counter....now you're changing gear.

Didn't you know that your policy was ill-timed and would cause untold hardship for Nigerians simply because you wanted to help your masters score some political points?

Nigeria and Nigerians are too big to be used by some disgruntled elements to score political points against their political opponents through some rushed ill-planned economic policy!

I only pity all those who supported you and your failed policy....they simply can't differentiate between their enemies and their friends.

Las Las...who is suffering it now...the politicians or the masses? Top politicians that have gotten the new notes already!

Just know that for every Nigerian that you have put through untold hardship because of your ill-timed policy, God's reward is coming in leaps and bounds!

A woman I bought water from yesterday said she couldn't come to her shop until yesterday simply because she couldn't get cash for transport. This is a woman whom the sum total of the goods in her shop will not amount to N60,000.

My wife went to GTB 2 days ago to collect N100,000 to buy foodstuffs from the market and goods for her business and they only gave her a bunch of smelly, dusty, dirty N100 notes totalling N2000 (picture is attached below).

How low has Emefiele brought us to

SMH!

Exactly....I was at gtbank Surulere to collect #35k but surprisingly a lady came around to tell everyone that they can't pay more than #2k per person,after Abt 30mins on queue..I had to leave.

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by ceasare: 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
Right in front of a bank in ikotun,ATM is dispensing only 1k regardless of your bank White POS is charging 1500 for every #10k and we hv a govt? Tell me who owns d pos stationed in front of banks and where they got their own funds from.it shall not be well with emiefiele and buhari cos hv been grounded at home since Tuesday!!!!

What a country
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by olumide4christ: 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Did she go to UBA, Iyana-Ipaja branch... That was also what they did few days ago... Where were they getting such notes from sef

GTB LUTH, Idi-Araba.

She went there again today...they gave her N2,000 in N50 notes grin angry angry
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by faceland: 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
I thought the scarcity has finished. I might start hiding any new notes that cross my path. Who knows you can sell naira with naira.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OyinO: 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Yeye leaders and citizens still preparing to vote in the same set of yeye leaders
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by DollarSigns(m): 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2023
mainman7:
Thanks so much for this eye-opening post.
This isn’t 1993
Stop trying to bring in the MKO Abiola thing
Tinubu isn’t coherent in his speech and cognition
Every human being must obey to nature, he’s not a Superman, he can’t cheat nature.
Pressing ahead to rule the country while there are obvious red flags that he’s not suited for the role as president at this point in time shows that his presidential ambitions is more of a personal thing
And at this point, I’m highly unimpressed with everyone still pushing for APC Mandate
Meanwhile God bless Buhari & CbnGov for the naira redesign
I repeat, the frenzy & frustrations will fade out and situations will gradually adjust itself
Meanwhile, it’s worth noting that the sudden crash in price of local products is a commendable effect of this beautiful policy
Reduction of vote buying ( I didn’t say elimination) will be another positive effect of this brilliant policy
Let’s shun greed (atleast forget about Tinubu for now, choose a lesser evil) while supporting this one good policy from MBuhari’s Administration
Shalom
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by lexy2014: 1:53am On Feb 03, 2023
Gangster1ms:
Hold your commercial banks responsible even if it means setting them on fire. Don't be gentle!
CBN and emefiele are not the real problem of the scarcity. The policy is being sabotaged by politicians in collaboration with unpatriotic greedy citizens.
Also note that many of these bankers has pos businesses as side hustle.

can you provide evidence of "The policy is being sabotaged by politicians in collaboration with unpatriotic greedy citizens"?

pls who created the naira scarcity in the first place?
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by lexy2014: 2:00am On Feb 03, 2023
DollarSigns:

Meanwhile God bless Buhari & CbnGov for the naira redesign
I repeat, the frenzy & frustrations will fade out and situations will gradually adjust itself
Meanwhile, it’s worth noting that the sudden crash in price of local products is a commendable effect of this beautiful policy
Reduction of vote buying ( I didn’t say elimination) will be another positive effect of this brilliant policy
Let’s shun greed (atleast forget about Tinubu for now, choose a lesser evil) while supporting this one good policy from MBuhari’s Administration
Shalom

sorry please, why should God bless buhari and CBn governor for the naira redesign?

how do you justify the government deliberately creating and inducing suffering on the people it is supposed to protect from suffering? can you show me anywhere in the constitution that supports such a move?

which sudden crash in local products are you talking about?

how is Reduction of vote buying will be another positive effect of this brilliant policy? when did it become the responsibility of CBN to reduce vote buying?

what greed are you saying people should shun?

what makes this policy a good policy from buahri administration?

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by lexy2014: 2:49am On Feb 03, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
CBN SHOULD STOP GIVING COMMERCIAL BANKS NEW NOTES.
LET CBN USE THEIR SUPER AGENTS TO DISTRIBUTE THE NEW NOTES IN NATIONAL STADIA.IT ALL PLANNING.
OR LET CBN IMMEDIATELY COMMANDEER ALL COMMERCIAL BANK ATMS AND LOAD THE NEW NOTES DIRECTLY. angry

ALL THE COMMERCIALS BANKS HAVE BREACH MONETARY POLICY WITH THEIR CRIMINAL MANAGEMENT BENT ON SABOTAGING THIS CASHLESS POLICY.
NIGERIANS NEED NOT GO NAKED TO GET THEIR CASH.WE NEED FIND BEST SOLUTION.

WHY MUST ANY COMMERCL BANK PAY ANY BUSHIER OVER 1MILLION AT ONCE IN THIS CASHLESS POLICY.?
THIS IS FRAUD,IT'S MADNESS OF HIGHEST ORDER. THEY MUST PAY DARELY FOR THIS EVIL AGAINST NIGERIANS.
WHERE IS LABOUR?
WHERE IS HUMAN RIGHT ACTIVIST?
WHY,ARE THEY NOT CONFRONTING THESE EVIL BANKS?
If you are a commercial bank manager,or a bank head among the banks that received new notes from CBN and you sold it out by fraud,may you be obliterated from this earth never to see tomorrow to enjoy thAT blood money you made of poor Nigerian masses.It will never be well with you after you are gone to hell,may more Nigerians curses locate people that smuaggled and sold those millions of our new Nigeria notes IFSHA AMEN!!!!!! sadEpe lo ma GBA,awon ole!

who created this naira scarcity?

how are the banks evil? if the banks are evil, what will you call CBN?

how did banks breach monetary policy and breach cashless policy?
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by loswhite(m): 4:20am On Feb 03, 2023
Bmaster:
...and then what's the essence of this whole gazelle garagara grin

If I can have 50k daily from 10 different banks without the bank MD being my man or my dearest friend,how much then will people who have the Bank MD as their best friend have at their request ?

Emefiele,this one you did,you did it like a palm wine taper has done it,and not like it's being done by a graduate cry
How much do you use to get daily from 10 different banks before this policy? I one check something.
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by DollarSigns(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2023
lexy2014:

sorry please, why should God bless buhari and CBn governor for the naira redesign?

how do you justify the government deliberately creating and inducing suffering on the people it is supposed to protect from suffering? can you show me anywhere in the constitution that supports such a move?

which sudden crash in local products are you talking about?

how is Reduction of vote buying will be another positive effect of this brilliant policy? when did it become the responsibility of CBN to reduce vote buying?

what greed are you saying people should shun?

what makes this policy a good policy from buahri administration?

1. God should bless MBuhari & CBNGov cos they decided to go through pains, face public outcry just to do one good thing which will improve our lives for the better.
I believe that this is one of the most positive policies if not the only one, this administration has done and it’s very bad to feel entitled, instead They deserve accolades for trying while we keep hoping that it’s overall objectives won’t be defeated.
2. The constitution supports that the government of the day carry out whatever actions which will promote safety, economic independence of the nation.
Since the advent of banditry and Kidnappings, it’s all been evil happenings every day or minute but since the redesign, how many kidnapping stories have you heard?? these bandits have taken off time to try to get their accumulated cash sorted out, thus giving security operators more time to implement counter measures as to tackling the security menace.
When there is a policy change, there’s always that period of adjustment, as such, it’s very wrong to conclude too early that this particular policy has induced sufferings; meanwhile should Nigerians, quit irresponsible behavior, shun that feeling of entitlement, accept what’s given with positivity then it can only get better.
You want a decent Nigeria? Yet you’re quick to drag a policy which will control the possession of huge amounts of liquid cash by certain individuals
For eg, before now, an 18 year old with no proof of funds can walk into the bank, withdraw 5m cash, no questions are raised
Is that the Nigeria you want or are you not supposed to be rooting for a better one?
3. take a look around you, with time due to the demand for cash, prices of agricultural products like pepper, vegetables etc will drop or rather the quantities will increase accordingly, there was a reported example recently on NL FP
4 it is the duty of the CBN to partner with INEC and other federal bodies for a free and fair elections
Otherwise why has it been convenient in the past years to store election materials at CBN locations all over the country.
If the above is valid, then the redesign plan is also a useful tool to reduce politician’s access to stockpiles of cash as was seen before
Note that vote buying can’t be eliminated but instead can be reduced as not all politicians will have access to the new cash and they won’t be able to stockpile as much as before
Thus reducing vote buying
5. People should shun the greed of making mountains out of mere mole hills, the different scenes at the banks, if it were a saner climate, those perpetrators ought to be jailed ASAP
The POS people are greedy, they’re exploiting this policy in every way due to their greed and plunging the masses into stress and chaos
Should they shun this greed, the negative effects of this change will be greatly reduced and everyone will be happy
6. All aforementioned reasons make this singular policy a good one
PS: I’ve suffered also from the naira redesign, 2 days ago, I had to pay 3,600 to withdraw 30k but I don’t blame the government, I blame the pos operators who have let greed control them but yet will be the first to cry and wail about the performance of the government

May peace lead us all
Shalom
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2023
grammarian247:

If it is God that gives power, why do we see the obvious desperation from those you claim God will hand power to? I expect them to just campaign gently while waiting for God to hand them power.

what's obvious desperation in a candidate boldly telling is Party leader who is a president to watch those inflicting suffering on Nigerians people through mumu policies?

is Tinubu feeling the heat? no!

is Peter obi feeling it? no!

is Atiku feeling it? no

you and your parents are feeling it

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2023
grammarian247:

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2023
grammarian247:

what's desperation in telling a president to do the right hence reduce infliction on Nigeria people
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:51am On Feb 03, 2023
osazsky:
u mean without vote buying and snatching of boxes boss check ur brain

stop holding me responsible for your lack of brain, if you can't read simple sentence how then can you translate complex sentence dumb ipob illiterate
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2023
DSC7:

How will you be Campaigning for Tinupoo and be criticising Buhari that Tinupoo foisted on Nigerians?

APC is the cause of all these hardship and Tinupoo is their presidential flagbearer...

Tinubu;Today, they moved the exchange rate from ₦200 to ₦800. If they had repaired it, if they had arrested this, we wouldn’t be where we are today, we would be greater. They don’t know the way, they don’t know how to think, they don’t know how to do it.”

because you igbo that cursed peter obi for 8yrs for misrule of Anambra state retract your statement doesn't mean other don't have integrity

I shouldn't criticize Buhari because I'm not feeling his useless policies

his Tinubu, Obi and Atiku feeling the policies? empty head mummies

1 Like

Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
goshen26:

May your Children behave like who you're supporting

Amen

may your life be ruined as peter Obi Ruined Anambra for 8yrs
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by goshen26: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2023
OkoRemi2023:

Amen

may your life be ruined as peter Obi Ruined Anambra for 8yrs

Well, you are wrong Sha just the ur hero lack memory. Did I show it in my comment that I'm supporting PO?
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
goshen26:

Well, you are wrong Sha just the ur hero lack memory. Did I show it in my comment that I'm supporting PO?

who are you supporting? every idiots with cheap android phone now have opinion on political matters
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by goshen26: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
OkoRemi2023:

who are you supporting? every idiots with cheap android phone now have opinion on political matters

Well, I won't stoop so low to ur level of social relationship.

Your hero kuku don turn manifesto to abuse
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by lexy2014: 1:04am On Feb 04, 2023
DollarSigns:

1. God should bless MBuhari & CBNGov cos they decided to go through pains, face public outcry just to do one good thing which will improve our lives for the better.
I believe that this is one of the most positive policies if not the only one, this administration has done and it’s very bad to feel entitled, instead They deserve accolades for trying while we keep hoping that it’s overall objectives won’t be defeated.
2. The constitution supports that the government of the day carry out whatever actions which will promote safety, economic independence of the nation.
Since the advent of banditry and Kidnappings, it’s all been evil happenings every day or minute but since the redesign, how many kidnapping stories have you heard?? these bandits have taken off time to try to get their accumulated cash sorted out, thus giving security operators more time to implement counter measures as to tackling the security menace.
When there is a policy change, there’s always that period of adjustment, as such, it’s very wrong to conclude too early that this particular policy has induced sufferings; meanwhile should Nigerians, quit irresponsible behavior, shun that feeling of entitlement, accept what’s given with positivity then it can only get better.
You want a decent Nigeria? Yet you’re quick to drag a policy which will control the possession of huge amounts of liquid cash by certain individuals
For eg, before now, an 18 year old with no proof of funds can walk into the bank, withdraw 5m cash, no questions are raised
Is that the Nigeria you want or are you not supposed to be rooting for a better one?
3. take a look around you, with time due to the demand for cash, prices of agricultural products like pepper, vegetables etc will drop or rather the quantities will increase accordingly, there was a reported example recently on NL FP
4 it is the duty of the CBN to partner with INEC and other federal bodies for a free and fair elections
Otherwise why has it been convenient in the past years to store election materials at CBN locations all over the country.
If the above is valid, then the redesign plan is also a useful tool to reduce politician’s access to stockpiles of cash as was seen before
Note that vote buying can’t be eliminated but instead can be reduced as not all politicians will have access to the new cash and they won’t be able to stockpile as much as before
Thus reducing vote buying
5. People should shun the greed of making mountains out of mere mole hills, the different scenes at the banks, if it were a saner climate, those perpetrators ought to be jailed ASAP
The POS people are greedy, they’re exploiting this policy in every way due to their greed and plunging the masses into stress and chaos
Should they shun this greed, the negative effects of this change will be greatly reduced and everyone will be happy
6. All aforementioned reasons make this singular policy a good one
PS: I’ve suffered also from the naira redesign, 2 days ago, I had to pay 3,600 to withdraw 30k but I don’t blame the government, I blame the pos operators who have let greed control them but yet will be the first to cry and wail about the performance of the government

May peace lead us all
Shalom

1. what pains did MBuhari & CBNGov decide to go through? are they doing nigerians a favour? how is what they are doing going to improve lives for the better? is this the first time naira has been redesigned in nigeria? what pains did the former president of nigeria and CBN governor go through to change 50, 20, 10 and 3 naira to polymer? how did it improve lives for the better? how is this one of the "the most positive policies if not the only one, this administration" positive policies of this administration? what is positive about people standing on queues and being unable to gain access their to their funds due to naira scarcity? what accolades do MBuhari & CBNGov deserve for causing naira scarcity? what overall objective wont be defeated?

2. can you show the portion of the constitution that supports the government causing naira scarcity and restricting 200m nigerians from accessing their bank funds for daily living? how does causing naira and scarcity and preventing 200m from accessing their bank funds "promoting safety, economic independence of the nation"?

3. can you give me a timeline of events and explain how banditry and kidnappings have been happening has been happening every day or minute? also mention the exact places involved.

4.what counter measures are the security operators more time to implementing as to tackling the security menace? are you saying that without naira redesign they cant implement counter measures to tackle insecurity?

5.what period of adjustment are you referring to when there is a policy change? can you mention other policy changes that have occured in nigeria and the periods of adjustments that were needed for each? what was the period of adjustment when lower denominations were changed to polymer?

6. how is "very wrong to conclude too early that this particular policy has induced sufferings"? has this particular policy induced enjoyment? do you mean that it is wrong for people to see their inability to access their bank funds as suffering? what should they see it as?

7. what "irresponsible behavior" are you saying people should quit? what is "that feeling of entitlement" that should be shunned? how should people accept the fact that they have funds in the bank and yet they cant access it to meet their financial obligations to customers and family members? how is their accepting a bad situation imposed by the government responsible for it getting better or not?

8. what is the correlation between wanting a decent nigeria being quick to drag a policy which will control the possession of huge amounts of liquid cash by certain individuals? what is decent about preventing 200million nigerians from accessing their funds and causing them to suffer daily in search for money to survive on a daily basis? who are the people that the government wants to control their possession of huge amounts of liquid cash? how many are these individuals? why should the governments attempt to control the possession of liquid cash by certain individuals now result in shutting down the entire banking system?

9. what has your analogy of "an 18 year old with no proof of funds can walk into the bank, withdraw 5m cash, no questions are raised" got to do with the government restricting peoples access to their funds? is it because of an 18year old boy that wants to withdraw 5m cash that the government decided to shut down the banking system of an entire country and create scarcity and suffering for 200million people? what is the sense in that? is it only by shutting down an entire banking system that a government can question an 18year old how he got 5m naira he wants to withdraw?

10. you didnt answer the question i asked. when did it become the responsibility of CBN to reduce vote buying? can you show me the law that gives the CBN powers to redesign naira notes and where it was stated in that law that the reason for redesigning naira notes should for the purpose of "reducing politician’s access to stockpiles of cash"?

11. according to you..."take a look around you, with time due to the demand for cash, prices of agricultural products like pepper, vegetables etc will drop or rather the quantities will increase accordingly, there was a reported example recently on NL FP"

12. how should i take a look around me and you are saying "with due time"? if what you are suggesting is the future, why should i be taking a look around me? how did you come to the conclusion that "due to the demand for cash, prices of agricultural products like pepper, vegetables etc will drop"? and then you decided to contradict yourself. how does naira redesign cause "the quantities will increase accordingly"?

13. according to you "People should shun the greed of making mountains out of mere mole hills". how is "making a mountain out of a mole hill" greed? what "the different scenes at the banks" got to do with greed and making a mountain out of a mole hill?

14. what perpetrators are you referring to that ought to be jailed? in a saner clime as you made reference, will the government shut down the banking system, create local currency scarcity and cut people off from their bank funds?

15. what are "the negative effects of this change" which you say will be greatly reduced? who created the negative effects in the first place?

16. you said "I’ve [b]suffered [/b]also from the naira redesign, 2 days ago, I had to pay 3,600 to withdraw 30k". why are you calling it "suffering"? i thought you had earlier you said that "it’s very wrong to conclude too early that this particular policy has induced sufferings"?

17. if the government didnt create naira scarcity, will POS operators charge you 3,600 for 30k? why are you complaining? i thought you said theres nothing wrong with the government creeating naira scarcity?

why did naira redesign not prevent this:

https://twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1621604712284930050
Re: CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu by OkoRemi2023(m): 2:21am On Feb 04, 2023
goshen26:

Well, I won't stoop so low to ur level of social relationship.

Your hero kuku don turn manifesto to abuse

ode is part of politics, peter obi using other candidate age to campaign is what?

with his useless and fake onistsha stats

kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria / Senate Blasts MTN For Moving $14bn Out Of Nigeria, Wants Stanbic IBTC Punished / Mark Zuckerberg Reacts To Elon Musk's Challenge For MMA Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.