Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) (29311 Views)

Kaduna Residents Ignore Governor El-Rufai, Reject Old β‚¦β€Ž500, β‚¦β€Ž1000 Notes (Video / Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes / Peter Obi Worried Over Fuel Shortages, Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 7:35am On Feb 03, 2023
everythinggirly:
Just imagine the chaos this new currency is causing, and the poor masses are the main target, I hope they won't protest and kill themselves.πŸ₯²

The poor masses are the targets yes but by the masses as well. Go and check the nonsense the banks are doing. Until we learn to love one another in Nigeria, we fo no where.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by BarrElChapo(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2023
Officialgarri:
Now, y'all need to pick sides with sense.

It's either you agree that the Nairaredesign is good and implemented to hurt Tinubu

Or

You agree that it's a bad move and it should not have been allowed

Hurt tinubu how? Please keep that conspiracy theory in your head. Don’t expose your ignorance online 🀑

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by onuman: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2023
damilola4162:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kUCs-0GhQk][/url]

There's an ongoing protest in Lagos over the scarcity of new Naira notes in the country.

Those who embarked on the protest were seen holding up banners in which they called out alleged saboteurs in the Central Bank of Nigeria. They also repeatedly chanted that they all they want is ?new Naira notes?.

If they are protesting because of hardship from inadequate amount of currency in circulation, good luck to them.
But if they are protesting for more currency in circulation to enable Tinubu to buy the next election, may Thunder scatter the protesters and make them go home.
Thiefnubuu stole FIRS dry through his boy, Fowler.
Tinubu's other boy, Raji Fashola was in charge of Power, Housing and Works Ministries put together. Huge allocations of money from the annual budgets ended up under Fashola's ministry for more than 5 years. Loads of the monies ended up in Tinubu's banks.
Tinubu wants to use the stolen money to buy the next presidential election in cash.

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by yomi007k(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2023
olarent:
Talk with senses,the reality is CBN is lying,I work with bank they came to took the old money on Wednesday without bring a dime of new note as I speak right now no money in the ATM and vault.

If the banks don't have money, let them close down so that d staff no go collect beating.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by slowice(m): 7:41am On Feb 03, 2023
backnbeta:

So, you think Tinubu doesn't have access to new notes when even the bandits are flaunting it? You are shallow minded if you think this will affect polithiefcians and terrorists. In all, of this, the only people that will be crying are the masses; wether you are obidient, batified or atikulated

He doesn't have access the amount he needs to successfully rig himself to aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by yomi007k(m): 7:43am On Feb 03, 2023
socialmediaman:

They just started suffering? What happened in the past 8 years?

All these Tinubu supporters lol
You never sound intelligent.

Go check your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Foolishbuhari: 7:43am On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

They hv forgotten "OPERATION STILL WATER" IS STILL GOING ON. ARMY SHOULD JUST WASTE DIS VAGABONDS
Make dem try make noise na. The military will not tolerate the destroyers of Lagos! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 7:43am On Feb 03, 2023
slowice:
Tinubu is using the poor to organize protest to force FG to allow him use stashed old notes or release excess supply of new notes.

Where were these dumb fool since 2015 when our shege started? Where were they since hyper inflation destroyed livelihood and make life unbearable for Nigerians
But because this one policy have finally affected the criminal of boudillon,he has sent his thugs to organize protest

I wonder how some people reason. The hatred has eaten deep into your skull. Tinubu this tinubu that. You think if he needs cash he doesn't have a way of getting it. Have you ever seen tinubu, obi, atiku queue up with you in the Banking hall before.
People are expressing what they are going through you are here politicising the matter. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by OKorowanta: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2023
Daniah:
I doubt if the president will be moved by this
A non living thing moved?
E no possible.
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by HoneySwag(f): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2023
GreyLaw:

My friend make transfers! Which one be access to your money? Are you withdrawing 10 million cash? Withdraw for your daily needs simple. Or use the darn transfers!!! I no know wetin dey worry una for that Nigeria.

In Western nations to even deposit cash as an individual you get limit. Some banks no go even let you do more than Β£100 to Β£500 per month. Meanwhile una for Nigeria go wake enter Bank as an individual go lodge 1m, 2m, 3m and above and nobody go ask una question!

Aren't you aware that the online banking is having network challenge? Trying to transfer has not been going through for most banks.
Don't even bring this comparison cos the value of their money is higher than ours. 20k withdrawal limit in a day, what can that buy? What about someone on a building project?
We should have access to our money, the limit should not be that tight.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2023
Acidosis:

It's about time our innovators come up with something. The cash thing isn't even healthy in the first place....one of the major causes of enteric diseases.

Some traders are already conforming to the tech order. For two years now, BRTs in Lagos have stopped collecting cash. No Cowri card, no transit. And many of these traders use BRT.

Even the people preaching cashless to you still use cash. London buses, district line, trains all still collect cash at the stations. No do very sabi pass ur masters.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Kaydan003: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2023
Dey deir dey play Nigerian sojers wey Dem beat inside uniben because of new note still dey hospitalNigerian army please shoot without missing, shoot on target , nothing will happen , those are bunch of ewedu munchers [/quote]
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

Don't be unreasonable, people do lots of business here that requires physical cash....stop saying what you don't know because you leaves abroad doesn't give you the effrontery to insult us indirectly , leaving abroad doesn't give you edge over us bro...

Go and verify, na through the sea he enter. Illegal japa wey dey disturb great people air space.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:55am On Feb 03, 2023
yomi007k:

Na una family the bullets go reach.
Lolsssssssss "OPERATION STILL WATER" on d beat, do anyhow and collect anyhow. Are u ready to join ur ancestor, then join d protest
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:55am On Feb 03, 2023
Foolishbuhari:

Make dem try make noise na. The military will not tolerate the destroyers of Lagos! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Trust urchins at ur own peril, na online dem bi giant and lion, offline na ants dem bi

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by yomi007k(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Lolsssssssss "OPERATION STILL WATER" on d beat, do anyhow and collect anyhow. Are u ready to join ur ancestor, then join d protest

grin

Na your family members go first die...
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2023
onuman:

If they are protesting because of hardship from inadequate amount of currency in circulation, good luck to them.
But if they are protesting for more currency in circulation to enable Tinubu to buy the next election, may Thunder scatter the protesters and make them go home.
Thiefnubuu stole FIRS dry through his boy, Fowler.
Tinubu's other boy, Raji Fashola was in charge of Power, Housing and Works Ministries put together. Huge allocations of money from the annual budgets ended up under Fashola's ministry for more than 5 years. Loads of the monies ended up in Tinubu's banks.
Tinubu wants to use the stolen money to buy the next presidential election in cash.

Just listen to yourself.
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Pityoobi: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2023
odduduwa:
The gallant Nigerian soldiers should shoot any idiot disturbing the peace of our beloved Lagos no miscreant should disturb the peace living people of Lagos
we can spot Biafrans. You want Nigerians to be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by sinero: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2023
slowice:

He doesn't have access the amount he needs to successfully rig himself to aso rock

Keep deceiving yourself oga. Politicians na ur mate?
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Chyma231(m): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2023
[ you are a big fool , broke ass idiot that dont have shishi .. may God punish you ! Ode ]The gallant Nigerian soldiers should shoot any idiot disturbing the peace of our beloved Lagos no miscreant should disturb the peace living people of Lagos [/quote]
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Spandau: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2023
Daniah:

The only thing that moves him is when Fulanis are overwhelmed during their Satanic attacks on innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by BigYash: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2023
odduduwa:
The gallant Nigerian soldiers should shoot any idiot disturbing the peace of our beloved Lagos no miscreant should disturb the peace living people of Lagos
Since killing of innocent citizens means nothing to you.. Na ur mumu brain the army first need bomb.. 😏
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Spandau: 8:08am On Feb 03, 2023
Gozac:
Any Igbo man that joins in this protest is just stupid

Oh! I forgot. They are already spending their Biafra shillings. Opauxnous!

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by dominic17: 8:12am On Feb 03, 2023
Tinubu boys the same strategy he used against Johnathan
Daniah:
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by zionstaar75: 8:13am On Feb 03, 2023
socialmediaman:
Tinubu supporters disturbing peace loving Nigerians. Who takes any Tinubu supporter seriously?

2023 election has exposed the level of hypocrisy of these baalablu Nigerians

Where was Tinubu for 8 years while Nigerians suffered? While the government hid even palliatives? Where were they? They only encourage protests when it's about to affect their political ambition

What was Tinubu's comment on the shooting of EndSars protesters? "What were they doing there in the first place" That's what he said.
I'm not sure u guys are gainfully employed or even have any money in your account. I paid 200 on every 1000 to get cash yesterday and you're here blabbing that it's only tinubu supporters complaining. I feel sorry for Nigerian youths if this is how you thinks you're probably just a dependant not to know how difficult this situation has become to the average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by emmanuelbrown26: 8:22am On Feb 03, 2023
yomi007k:

grin

Na your family members go first die...
Good luck, if I don't see you again peace
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by brutal1(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2023
Lol...confused creature
odduduwa:
Nigerian army please shoot without missing, shoot on target , nothing will happen , those are bunch of ewedu munchers

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Acidosis(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2023
sinero:

Even the people preaching cashless to you still use cash. London buses, district line, trains all still collect cash at the stations. No do very sabi pass ur masters.

No economy can go 100% cashless but the era of withdrawing N100 million cash for bandits and kidnappers is over.

While I do acknowledge the level of hardship, I'm not moved by the expressions of politicians coming out in January and February 2023 to say that Nigerians are suffering.

Again, I do not support the hardship Nigerians are going through but I'm too aware to know that the level of suffering did not start in January 2023.

But I fully support the idea is of withdrawal limits (20k per day) as against the 100k and unlimited withdrawals)

1 Like

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by Lalar27: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2023
After reading the comments I realized that the hatred against Tinubu is not because he is old or weak. NO ITS BECAUSE TINUBU IS YORUBA THATS WHY THERE IS SO MUCH HATRED AGAINST HIM.
Buhari that have been a villain for the past 7 and half years have suddenly turned to a God because things are not going well between him and Jagaban.
It will shock you all on Feb 25 and Tinubu start sweep large margin of vote then you guys will start shouting rigging!!!!
Tinubu will be the next president of Nigeria that's the fate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by OhiOfIhima: 8:37am On Feb 03, 2023
Daniah:

If he didn't, more protest will come up. This time, banks will not spare.
Re: Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) by zinaunreal(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2023
Nigerians develop your brains and adopt the transfer or enaira. You won't see any money physically again grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Struggle For Fuel At Olupese Petrol Station Oshodi, Lagos (photos) / APC In Kwara, Lagos Clash Over Call For Sanctions Against Saraki, Dogara / Security Patrol Men At The Shiroro Dam In Niger State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.