Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi (23907 Views)

Release Kanu, Start Process Of Restructuring - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Convene Emergency Meeting Over Onnoghen / Southern, Middle-Belt Leaders Reject Yusuf Magaji Bichi Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by ExAngel007(f): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
‘The rock upon which Nigeria will stand’ — southern, middle belt leaders endorse Obi

The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum (SMBLF) has endorsed Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

The decision was announced on Thursday in a communique read by John Nwodo, the immediate past president-general of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, at the end of a meeting of the forum in Abuja.

The SMBLF, chaired by Edwin Clark, is made up of leaders from the middle-belt area, as well as groups including the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Afenifere, and the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF).

“That we give our unalloyed vote of thanks to our father and leader, Chief Edwin Clark, for his boldness, his sagacity, his tenacity, and his relentlessness in pursuing the aims and aspirations of this organisation,” the communique reads.

“That we warn all those who want to change the hands of the clock of Nigeria by doing anything that will derail a peaceful transition to the next civilian government of this country, that we shall rise like one man in defence of the ballot box and that Nigerians must go to vote.

“This we have resolved today and we enjoin other Nigerians who do not belong to our organisation to join us in realising this for the betterment of Nigeria: Peter Obi is your son and he is the rock upon which Nigeria will stand.”

Also in attendance at the SMBLF meeting were Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere leader; and Bittus Pogu, president of the Middle Belt Forum.

Obi’s endorsement by the forum comes after Clark, convener of PANDEF, threw his weight behind the LP presidential candidate.

The PANDEF leader had said electing Obi is the country’s “best hope of a new Nigeria of peace, stability and progress”.

Also, former President Olusegun Obasanjo had, in January, announced his decision to support Obi.

“None of the contestants is a saint but when one compares their character, antecedent, their understanding, knowledge, discipline and vitality that they can bring to bear and the great efforts required to stay focused on the job, particularly looking at where the country is today and with the experience on the job that I personally had, Peter Obi as a mentee has an edge,” Obasanjo had said.

Samuel Ortom, governor of Benue, had also backed the endorsement of Obi by Obasanjo, adding that if he were not a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he would have campaigned for the LP candidate.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-southern-middle-belt-leaders-endorse-obi/amp

234 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Xscape1993(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Any good move that will chase away the founder of agberos in Nigeria and the drug landlord of Africa from the corridor of power is highly recommended and appreciated. Only insane human beings are supporting the 'old creature' as president.

529 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Acidosis(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
The election would be concluded in favour of Peter Obi before 11AM.

500 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Righthussle: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good one. Nigerians with good heads are supporting Obi.

350 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Iagos: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2023
grin

I laugh i in Chinese.
Them vampire batists never see anything.
The devil will lead them on and dessert them at the eleventh hour.
Mumurist Bats

276 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by dustmalik: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
grin This means nothing, if all these groups couldn't help Obi in PDP primaries, they can't help him now.

It's that afenifere that is the funniest, if Obi gets 20k votes in South west let motor jam me.

I believe Obi is popular in MB among Christian
youths, but I know Obi will drop out of the race latest February 14.

Atiku is coming

South west includes osun Ondo oyo ekiti ogun, excludes Lagos, in those 5 states Obi won't see 20k votes, if he does make motor jam me finish

18 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by thesicilian: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
Acidosis:

11AM tomorrow self undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Tinubuadvocate: 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lol they did same thing in 2015 against Buhari 2019 against Buhari and endorsed Atiku but we all know the results.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Ofunaofu: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
Every sane Nigerian endorse Peter Obi

200 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Guys get your pvc vote peter obi👊🏽👍🏽💪🏽

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Iagos: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thinkam:
grin This means nothing, if all these groups couldn't help Obi in PDP primaries, they can't help him now.

It's that afenifere that is the funniest, if Obi gets 20k votes in South west let motor jam me.

I believe Obi is popular in MB among Christian youths, but I know Obi will drop out of the race latest February 14.

Atiku is coming

See mumu.
Motor go jam you, but you no go die.
With your eyes you will see the swearing in of obi and confess with your mouth that you have failed.

With our eyes we shall see the reward of the wicked, Balablue, Batists, Atikulooters. And as e go sweet us, e go pain them till they all commit suicide.

213 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by ican2020: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tears everywhere for wicked souls

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by maybet081: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Acidosis:

May be 12 noon I am sure.

8 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by maybet081: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
ican2020:
Tears everywhere for wicked souls

They can choose sniper.

17 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Mrfixitt(m): 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubu urchins can take sniper if they want. Peter Obi is our next president

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Putinofrussia: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
ExAngel007:
The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum (SMBLF) has endorsed Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

The decision was announced on Thursday at the end of a meeting of the forum in Abuja.

The SMBLF, chaired by Edwin Clark, is made up of leaders from the middle-belt area, as well as groups including the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Afenifere, and the Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF).

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-southern-middle-belt-leaders-endorse-obi/amp

DOA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Nightwolf1: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Who wants to die should die. Peter Obi or nothing for me.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Shikini: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
Kpakam

12 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by PeterObi4LP: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
This news is definitely not good for urchins

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thinkam:

I believe Obi is popular in MB among Christian youths, but I know Obi will drop out of the race latest February 14.

Atiku is coming

You better go dig your grave before them put you for where you no like.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by AntiTerrorist: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
Lol they did same thing in 2015 against Buhari 2019 against Buhari and endorsed Atiku but we all know the results.
Yoruba Christians will never vote Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree.

Christians are not minority, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Muslim-Muslim ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye.

53 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by jlinkd78(m): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
Great

2 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by shuttox: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bad news for Tinubu urchíns

Obi will win massively in those areas

30 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by SHINJA: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
You are a compound fool and you have been showing it here. Meanwhile I'm a Christian my brother is a pastor at a one big reedem church here in Lagos we are voting Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Lols... yoruba Muslims always claiming to be Christians 🤣🤣🤣🤣

37 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by IGBOSON1: 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
Looks like Asari Dokubo didn’t get the memo!

7 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by onukwube1: 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Thanksful:

You better go dig your grave before them put you for where you no like.

The urchin just attracted death to himselff because of a politician who does not know him. Ignorance is bad

28 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by daygee12: 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Every sane Nigerian endorse Peter Obi

Only igbos are the sane Nigerians others no get sense 😒. That Others will legitimately put u in ur place

2 Likes

Re: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi by Ttalk: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
Endorsement keeee you there

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How FG Spent Over N200bn On Postponed Census – Nasir Isa-Kwarra (NPC Chairman) / Photo Of Buhari Casting His Vote In His Polling Unit. / Kashamu’s Supporters Protest Extradition (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.