Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

Should I Quit This Job? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Quit This Job? (1428 Views)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / Should I Take This Job?(photo) / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2023
xuzier:

I swear you just said you what my state is.. No time no progress. I feel I'm in one place without moving forward. I'm trying to build my skills in graphics so I can get a better job while waiting for the Almighty programming sha

You need money in your pocket. Take at least Friday off to hunt for better job in the area you are already teaching before dropping this.

Nah low esteem dey make you work everyday. Find excuse and go find other teaching jobs with better pay or more time to yourself.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2023
Thanksful:

You need money in your pocket. Take at least Friday off to hunt for better job in the area you are already teaching before dropping this.

Nah low esteem dey make you work everyday. Find excuse and go find other teaching jobs with better pay or more time to yourself.

Baba you just dey hit me like this....
You're right about everything sir.....na to upgrade my skill find better job like this
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Kreddy: 8:25am On Feb 04, 2023
xuzier:

Oga dash me the Laptop my man please....we can work together

some people don't even know what to ask, I look rich to you? I'm a student and still undergraduate hustling
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2023
Kreddy:

some people don't even know what to ask, I look rich to you? I'm a student and still undergraduate hustling
Yes na you are a rich student...205k for a Laptop when some persons dey find money for school fees. Oga you're rich
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by SimeonOTC(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2023
Anonymous6o6:

Let's be realistic, this suggestion is nice but not easy considering his situation or if I will be blunt with you, It is rather unrealistic!

- Remember he works for someone, he wouldn't want to jeopardize his position by teaching something outside what was given to him after all, he works in a cafe. Also he mentioned coding with his phone even though he works in cafe which means, they may be strict.
Your friend has a degree of freedom to be able to achieve what he did.

- It took your friend more than two years before leaving there, and his "many" ways of making money by making people click on a link isn't something that could happen now.

- Also, Op works 8am - 8pm, what time does your friend leave his place of work?. I have been in that position so he has tiny chance of hosting classes, that is, if his only day of rest is Sunday.

- Also, your friend earn way higher than him but I feel their experiences are different. I get the idea you are suggesting which is great but won't be easy.

you are very wise.

I am just like the "Friend" that nigga was talking about.

I work in a cafe too, my pay is 4x the pay of the o.p, i have a very high degree of freedom in my company, I have 2 personal laptop and 2 personal desktop computers all idle in my room. I have access to very single machine in my company being the senior instructor (Its not just a cafe, its a big company that have branches). I teach student in my company and am learning coding too because i have alot of time.

This is far not the same with the o.p so whatever that guy said above is surely or 90% not going to work for the o.p. especially diverting classes to online. We dnt tolerate that in my company. IT'S VERY WRONG!
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Anonymous6o6: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2023
xuzier:

Okay sir, thanks.

I can't say I'm good at a professional level but usually when I writes it is more of inspiration to people so I don't even know which niche will be better for me but I am studying books about copywriting like "My life in advertising" and the likes.

I have heard all what you've said sir, thanks.

You have to pick a niche and keep samples of your work. Pick between copy writing, content writing or creative writing. For any one of the three you pick, I suggest you open a Facebook account to grow your audience.

I do creative writing as a hobby and when I posed two chapters on Facebook, My audience grew from 0 to 83 and I haven't updated in a while.

I hope you get the idea?
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Anonymous6o6: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Thanksful:

Discuss with the school to reduce your workload to 3 days a with with same pay or 10k. If your contribution is valuable they will.

If they say no, tender your resignation if you know your Worth take a week submit your CV to 100 schools in your area. This time don't sell yourself short and have at least two to three days off to yourself.

You can start from there.

Man wey no get time no fit make progress.

You are honestly right but look at it this way.

In Nigeria, Any job that underpay for labor will NOT accept the worker working part time because that means they will need another worker!

Secondly, "APPLYING TO 100 SCHOOLS" is not an easy fit. He is working in a café not school, although he teaches the students, there are limitations. I'm not saying if he applies, he won't get one but there are things to consider to avoid going for a worse one.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Anonymous6o6: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
SimeonOTC:

you are very wise.

I am just like the "Friend" that nigga was talking about.

I work in a cafe too, my pay is 4x the pay of the o.p, i have a very high degree of freedom in my company, I have 2 personal laptop and 2 personal desktop computers all idle in my room. I have access to very single machine in my company being the senior instructor (Its not just a cafe, its a big company that have branches). I teach student in my company and am learning coding too because i have alot of time.

This is far not the same with the o.p so whatever that guy said above is surely or 90% not going to work for the o.p. especially diverting classes to online. We dnt tolerate that in my company. IT'S VERY WRONG!

It was easy to predict it because I once work in a 8am - 8pm job. 15k and I had to make a lot of expenses. I felt like I was working for free
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2023
Anonymous6o6:

You are honestly right but look at it this way.

In Nigeria, Any job that underpay for labor will NOT accept the worker working part time because that means they will need another worker!

Secondly, "APPLYING TO 100 SCHOOLS" is not an easy fit. He is working in a café not school, although he teaches the students, there are limitations. I'm not saying if he applies, he won't get one but there are things to consider to avoid going for a worse one.

Unless they have a replacement, they will spare him a day or two if he shows lack of enthusiasm in continuing with them.

He can even skid a day or two and claim to be ill to apply in school to teach them computer. Many schools now are going computer literate.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
Anonymous6o6:

It was easy to predict it because I once work in a 8am - 8pm job. 15k and I had to make a lot of expenses. I felt like I was working for free
Yes this is my feeling like I'm working for nothing. I end up buying drugs with money because of work load. I don't teach only but once sessions I are over like break periods I still do normal cafe works. I feel I'm being punished or just a slave.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2023
Anonymous6o6:

You have to pick a niche and keep samples of your work. Pick between copy writing, content writing or creative writing. For any one of the three you pick, I suggest you open a Facebook account to grow your audience.

I do creative writing as a hobby and when I posed two chapters on Facebook, My audience grew from 0 to 83 and I haven't updated in a while.

I hope you get the idea?

Yes, I'm currently studying some copy writing materials, also doing some YouTube videos. None has paid yet. I'm looking forward to be a freelancer but I haven't gotten my niche clearly especially in writing, is it content writing or copy writing. I think I will focus on content writing, looking at things it is easier than copy writing and it might not take my much time to master the basics unlike copy writing. I just need to gather enough money to buy a good Laptop for programming since nobody will want to help somebody.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Anonymous6o6: 5:24am On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Unless they have a replacement, they will spare him a day or two if he shows lack of enthusiasm in continuing with them.

He can even skid a day or two and claim to be ill to apply in school to teach them computer. Many schools now are going computer literate.

Seems like you have it easy.
You don't know it is easy for them to get a replacement? If they put up a poster for a wanted assistant, people would apply in no time.
Please be a little realistic when you type.

No matter where you work, you can't skip work without informing them ahead.
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by All4good: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
xuzier:

I have this job to design a website for 100k+ cuz he is my boss I don't want to day the exact amount for reason best known to me. Is there a way I can do it for this man, I told him I will be done with the website by March but seriously I'm still learning.
How will I achieve this with the nature of my job especially time factor, I hardly have time for myself
Sure the budget can deliver a well built functional WordPress website.
You can reach me for further guidance
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by arthurwillia(m): 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
xuzier:

Thanks sir. Please can you introduce me to this 10k weekly job. If it is something I can do, please help me.
sorry no
It’s a healthcare job
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 06, 2023
arthurwillia:
sorry no
It’s a healthcare job
Alright no problem sir. Thanks
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 06, 2023
All4good:

Sure the budget can deliver a well built functional WordPress website.
You can reach me for further guidance
I pm you sir
Re: Should I Quit This Job? by All4good: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2023
xuzier:

I pm you sir
Responded since

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learning Programming / Mysql Socket Error In Da - Plz Help ? / Questions For Advanced Programmers: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.