Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Learning Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning Programming (1427 Views)

What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming? / Which Laptop Is Most Suitable For Learning Programming For Beginners? / Is It Late To Start Learning Programming @ 28 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Programming by odoma(f): 5:01am On Aug 28, 2007
Please
Re: Learning Programming by azpunpin: 2:39am On Sep 05, 2007
There is no fast way than to read,learn and practise hard.

Love Ya.
Re: Learning Programming by davidt(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2007
If you are planning to learn JAVA as your first language, I don't recommend that. I recommend that you learn a simple (but yet powerful language) such as Python and then go ahead to learn JAVA after you are familiar with Python. This will help you learn the basic programming concepts including objected-oriented concepts before delving into the world of JAVA. You might just be surprised what you can do with Python anyway.
Re: Learning Programming by SmartK1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2007
Please is there an easy and fast way of learning JAVA?

Come easy, go easy
Re: Learning Programming by yemaren: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2007
Of course, there are easy way to learn Java
1. read and to a lot of practice
2. apply in an IT school to speed up your time
Which one is preferable to you
Re: Learning Programming by gacheezo(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2007
there is really no big deal about java just learn the basic synthax and familiarise urself with the documentation
end of class
java 101
Re: Learning Programming by AhmedGuru(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2007
The easiet way is just to find a good Java book and do a lot practices. u also need to visit Javadoc very often. That's all. Depending on how consistent u are, in d next couple of months, u coul be seen as a Java guru too.
Re: Learning Programming by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2007
Look for free Java Tutorial videos . I love watching tutorials on video and would even like to get into creating some of those myself

Kobojunkie
Re: Learning Programming by soulonfire(f): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2007
In my experience, theres no izy way to learn proggramming, u eida get it or lv it!! u practice and relate wif folks wu r beta than u, and b humble enof to b corrected.

Im also a newbie, thoh not new to the basics of prgmin, but i wan2 start java, but i nid help from folks. I have a lil chalenge - how do i pik the users input from application window, without initializin the variable.

The idea is to determine if a figure entered is even or odd, not using an applet. A user is suposed to simply enter the figure and then the result should be "ODD numer" or "EVEN number" depending on wot number is enterd.

I gotn stuk at this point:

import java.*;

import java.lang.*; // I did not import the packages at 1st trial but still had an error afta i hd imported

public class EvenOrOdd

{
public static void main (String[] args)
{
String a = getString( a );
int i = Integer.parseInt(a);

if ( ( i % 2 ) == 0 )
{
System.out.println( "EVEN!"wink;
}

else
{
System.out.println("ODD!!" );
}

}
}

sorry tis a java snipete

thanq for ur help
Re: Learning Programming by Bossman(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
You have to provide a means for the user to enter it. that's either via the console or via a GUI. It's probably the console in your case.  You can get the user's input via the main method's 'arg' argument. This happens to be an array. You can also retrieve the user's input via input/output, but you are probably not at that point yet.

So, if the user executes your program with java  EvenOrOdd 2, 5 args[0] would be 2, and args[1] would be 5.  So,

String a = args[0]
String b = args[1]

These will be strings so you have to parse the values as you did above.

int a = Integer.parseInt(a);
int b = Integer.parseInt(b);

Hope that helps a little.

Good luck!
Re: Learning Programming by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 03, 2007
If you want the user to type an input via the command line,

you have to use input stream reader

the link below has the necessary info,

ask, if u do not understand it

http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~jphb/java/basicio.html
Re: Learning Programming by soulonfire(f): 12:17am On Oct 05, 2007
Thank you real gud. apreciate the swift response. I'll try both advice and let u know the outcome.

Thank u again.
Re: Learning Programming by jabonabule(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2007
I need help on my final year project. I'm working on spin software.
How do I get materials.
Please nairalanders, help me
Re: Learning Programming by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2007
Maybe you could start by EXPLAINING TO US what SPIN software is , What exactly your project is and where you are stuck? People, we do not all READ MINDS in here. you have to learn to explain your thoughts more in posts so people can actually know where to start when helping you.
Re: Learning Programming by Akhan1(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2007
kobojunkie,

honestly i agree with you cos it will give many a chance to know about the spin software.

(1) (Reply)

Mysql Socket Error In Da - Plz Help ? / Please Help Me With PHP Script / Google To Bring Free Wifi To The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.