Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) (33158 Views)

Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax / Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Coldie(m): 8:18am On Feb 04, 2023
Phenomena1:
Show me the threat there.

South Africa and Ghana are one, they only develop power when it comes to other African nations.

Ghana left Indian, Chinese, Lebanese, European businesses and we’re targeting only Nigerian businesses some time ago, now this.
South Africans left Chinese, Lebanese, Europeans and we’re targeting only black Africans immigrants.

So let them enjoy the dividends of their Labour

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:22am On Feb 04, 2023
312 billion naira Tax. That amount is ridiculous. I am sure Ghana took a gamble to know how MTN will react.
600 billion plus was what Nigeria paid for a year alone. But Ghana been a small country with population lower than Nigeria should be excused
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by olisaEze(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2023
An informative thread derailed by unnecessary comments. Ghana with a population of about half of South Africa’s will definitely bow to threats of investment withdrawals. Nigeria with a population thrice that of SA and a huge capital investment market, issues the threats no matter how poorly governed. We need to rest this black mentality of defining our civilization by how closest to being white we can pretend to be. It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one’s self through the eyes of others, of measuring your existence by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Arijude(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Are you sure? Days after this happened ⬇️⬇️⬇️

What did you do about it? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
so you people are this ugly

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Lemmy123(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Do you have a world-class Nigerian substitute for Multichoice to offer Ghana?😂😂😂😂😂

I can't stop laughing today, so many hungry japaring Nigerians who have been brainwashed that they're the giant of Africa.

(Insert crying emoji here!) 😂😂😂

I feel like you do too much to make SA look all glossy.

I don't have high expectations of that country. You people seem funny and are quick to take the glory for what your race didn't and wouldn't work for.

Yen yen yen MultiChoice and bulaba

Please rest

12 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by supereagle(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2023
Serve MTN right. Nigeria that is giving them a lot of money, they ignored her and went sited the West Africa HQ at Ghana.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Nolevel666: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Nigeria no be their baba mate. Their short bearly developed President, now a convict, came right on our doorstep to beg for mercy. If we pull out they loose cos another product will just take their place. Look at how plazas and malls are springing up since ShopRite left.

That why we need the right President, so that we can go back to our glory days.

If their president can go to prison, why can’t our politicians?
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Believeintruth: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Where's Shoprite now? You're shopping inside a Lagos gutter full of poop. So sorry for you. I'm certain you have plans to japa to SA soon. Sorry -no visa for Nigerians 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Go kill yourself and leave a note. I'll make a thread out if it.

Dude take it easy with the lies and propaganda. There are so many malls springing up and doing fine. There is Prince Ebeano, Hubmart, Blemco and so many others. Shoprite isn't the all and all

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Semaj77(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

SA is already the USA of Africa. Who else has more huge influential companies across the continent? MTN, Vodacom, Shoprite, Multichoice, etc are unrivalled by a mile and a half.

Na Naija investors I go blame , with your shitty and overpriced services

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Believeintruth: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

MTN shares slumped in SA and Sifiso Dabengwa the CEO was fired.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
Can our own Nigerian govt intervene for our nigerian companies abroad wen issues like this pop up?
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
When you're broke, you go dey find money inside all sort of holes........

If no holes are found ........ Simply create a hole ......🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by SmartPolician: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
CSTRR:

South African blacks are massive underachievers.
Can't be compared to their counterparts in Nigeria or many African countries for that matter.

With all your economic indices, they all easily tend to xenophobia.

Signs of an underdeveloped People.

White South Africans mostly run their economy while politics and leadership are in the hands of the black South Africans.

If you leave the economy in the hands of black South Africans, they will crumble it the way black people crumbled the economy of Zimbabwe.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by MrBONE2(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2023
princeade86:
Smile. South Africa dey form USA of Africa
Yeah Bwana South African are economically the pillar of of Africa grin

Proudly African grin
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Disclaimer12: 8:30am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

oh wow bro! U indeed proud of blood shedding? Lord Jesus ! U guys pretence keep surprising me and mentality keep surprising me! Don't u thunk your sins are catching up on u? Or u want me to open a thread about the current situation in SA? The new found love for Japaism too? The Eskom issue? The water shedding issue? Bro stop being petty! African is in ruin and your country is far going the same Nigeria, Ghana , Zimbabwe way! Stop all these unnecessary pettiness coz of posterity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Believeintruth: 8:30am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Do you have a world-class Nigerian substitute for Multichoice to offer Ghana?😂😂😂😂😂

I can't stop laughing today, so many hungry japaring Nigerians who have been brainwashed that they're the giant of Africa.

(Insert crying emoji here!) 😂😂😂

All it takes is for a Pay as you go law to be enacted and Multichoice is on the ropes. Just be careful what you wish for. Even SA companies that are remaining, even with the madness in Nigeria will not want to leave because of vast marketing opportunities l so just cool down brother.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Believeintruth: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2023
Ogaga87:

South Africa’s foreign affairs department then warned that such “unfavourable conditions” in other African countries have led to South African companies disinvesting from them, often with devastating consequences for the nation in question

This is the question you ask when you are familiar with ROMANCE SESSION but decided to read politics
But nothing happened when MTN was fined in Nigeria more so that the president then Jacob Zuma had to come and beg and part of Nigeria's conditions was to force MTN to go public in Nigeria's stock exchange.

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by OlawaleBammie: 8:33am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

You're back to shopping in poop filled open-air markets instead of air-conditioned malls with escalators like everyone else in the modern Africa the AU envisions.
Hope u re not sick??

Are u telling us we don't have AC in our various local stores??

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Semaj77(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Will you ever win a world cup hosting bid while doing your groceries in open-air markets that lay next to agbero poop-filled gutters? ☹️☹️☹️

You'll forever remain complaining that SA hosts everything.

That's what's devastating when SA leaves your countries.

While we may not win a hosting bid we will surely win a world cup before South Africa makes it out of the group stages

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Believeintruth: 8:34am On Feb 04, 2023
IronGalaxy:
That's what they do best. There's no African nation so invested with what white South Africans do eat, drink, etc like Nigerians

Dude calm down it goes both ways. Still Nigeria is still the business paradise for SA companies. Just chill brother stop the lies.

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by tonyashburton: 8:35am On Feb 04, 2023
Bro as your name implies you're a local champion.A buffoonish local champion at that.Give credit where it's due.You don't see South Africans or other African nationals (except from famished Sahelian countries like Niger or Chad) emigrate to Nigeria) do you?
I'm a Nigerian and while SA still has some fundamental problems,they are way ahead of us in certain other indices.
LocalStandard1:

For the first time I noticed you and your personality and country here I knew you were a twisted character.

Let me tell you about your so called investments in Nigeria....

I have deliberately never entered your ShopRite to buy or do any transactions. The only time I went in it was to register my MTN sim. Now let me tell you about the MTN line....

Some years ago after discovering how demented your country people are I made it a priority to do away with your products. Hallelujah, now I go days without even turning on my MTN line, which used to be my most used line.

I never really liked your country or it's people, they all sound, dress and act funny to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate you people. You see, your hateful and ever ready attitude of attacking other Africans has made me phase you out, soon more people will follow suit.

I used to grow up with my grandparents telling us about the oppression in your country by the whites against you people. We used to watch your movies and listen to your musics a lot in the house.

Thank you for exposing your true selves and thanks to you for confirming it first hand here.

Your white masters will rise again someday!

What a twisted little fellow!!!
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by lakezone67(m): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2023
So 8.2bn Ghana cedis is 312bn Nigerian naira 😲
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by arsenal33: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Shoprite, Game, MrP and Vodacom have already left places like Nigeria for similar reasons.

they are not missed. Opportunities for Nigerians to fill the spaces left

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2023
Believeintruth:

Dude calm down it goes both ways. Still Nigeria is still the business paradise for SA companies. Just chill brother stop the lies.
The praise worshiping of whites in general...that's not a lie
Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by arsenal33: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Where's Shoprite now? You're shopping inside a Lagos gutter full of poop. So sorry for you. I'm certain you have plans to japa to SA soon. Sorry -no visa for Nigerians 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Go kill yourself and leave a note. I'll make a thread out if it.
everything is not about Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Semaj77(m): 8:40am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

So predictable, everytime I put on the heat 🔥🔥🔥they run to the white argument.

So listenKunta Kinte that sold your own people into slavery and are today drowning in the Mediterranean voluntarily - let me show you how our black chimp government has ensured we don't poop by the side of the road or japa in our millions ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Let me know how Nigeria compared after 60 years of independence and massive oil wealth.

So in short he's right since you refuse to counter his claim but rather choose to deviate. Weren't South Africans also taken as slaves as well

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Semaj77(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

🥊🥊🥊😂😂😂 I see the facts knocked you out!

Who is in denial here , someone made a claim that no black/native South African has ever achieved anything noteworthy and you go on to outline achievements made by your white slave masters yet you say he's in denial

14 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by Princedapace(m): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Nigeria no be their baba mate. Their short bearly developed President, now a convict, came right on our doorstep to beg for mercy. If we pull out they loose cos another product will just take their place. Look at how plazas and malls are springing up since ShopRite left.

Be baba on top sleeping without electricity. The things Nigerians brag with eh. No wonder we suffer and smile.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2023
LocalStandard1:

I thought I'm the only who noticed this.

Even my hood that you have to travel distance to get a decent supermarket or mall now has more than 10.

Don't get me started on eateries.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by DaddyGoo: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Ok I'll do. But I don't have to visit SA to find SA malls and its modern influences all over Africa.

Which Moroccan or Egyptian company is on everyone's minds across West Africa?

Unimer Group.

The name may not be familiar but we all know their product, Titus Sardines.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) by DaddyGoo: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2023
obiekunie01:

see this slave in his own land claiming the glory of his white masters.

MENTION ONE OF THESE CONGLOMERATES OWNED BY A BLACK SOUTH AFRICAN.

i dont mean a figure head SA black. I mean any of the conglomerate owned lock, stock and barrel by an SA chimp looking black.

Rainbow Minerals owned by Patrice Motsepe. Who also is the current President of CAF.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / Get FREE Whatsapp MB On Your Airtel Sim / What's The Favorite App In Your Phone You Can't Do Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.