Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? (1667 Views)

If Mary Was Sinless, Why Was She Unclean And Had To Offer A Sacrifice For Sin? / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Buhari Death, Buhari Double, Jubril Sudan (Video) / Opinion: Jesus Had Siblings, Mary Was Not A Perpetual Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2023
I have discovered that to a very large extent, Islam cannot stand scrutiny. Hence I bring this Question to Muslims.

When Jubril came to Mary as a Man, did he stop being an Angel?

The Qur'an says:
Qur'an 19:18
Then We sent to her Our angel, ˹Gabriel,˺ appearing before her as a man, perfectly formed.

The Question again!

Cc:
All my Friends on Nairaland:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo saintHot halima83:
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Moh247: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
Angel are not men or women as they don't reproduce and it's of no use grouping them based on gender.. angels are grouped based on functions and hierarchy

2 Likes

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2023
Moh247:
Angel are not men or women as they don't reproduce and it's of no use grouping them based on gender.. angels are grouped based on functions and hierarchy
Is this idea taken from the Quran or Scripture? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Samfloxin(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2023
Talk about scarcity of naira notes and election not Jubril El Sudan

3 Likes

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Moh247: 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is this idea taken from the Quran or Scripture? undecided

6th and 7th book of moses, all other books of summoning angels and spirit

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Moh247:
6th and 7th book of moses, all other books of summoning angels and spirit
So, do we exclude that said of then in the 5 other books of Moses? undecided
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Moh247: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, do we exclude that said of then in the 5 other books of Moses? undecided

What exactly did the 5 books say on gender of celestial creatures and angel
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by drlateef: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
TenQ:
I have discovered that to a very large extent, Islam cannot stand scrutiny. Hence I bring this Question to Muslims.

The Qur'an says:
Then We sent to her Our angel, ˹Gabriel,˺ appearing before her as a man, perfectly formed.

The Question again!

Cc:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo saintHot

Jubril is an Angel, not God Almighty. Jubril is a messenger, messengers can appear in various forms as decreed by God Almighty. But God almighty cannot come down to earth to be killed by humans that He created. He can do everything but He will not yo below the dignity of His majesty. Imagine if Jesus was god and he was killed, who was in charge of the whole creation at that point that the god died?

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Moh247:
What exactly did the 5 books say on gender of celestial creatures and angel
According to the story in the book of Genesis, they are able to take wives. undecided
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
Moh247:
Thats not the Question

The Qur'an says:
Qur'an 19:17

The Question again!

When Jubril came to Mary as a Man, did he STOP being an Angel?

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
drlateef:

Jubril is an Angel, not God Almighty. Jubril is a messenger, messengers can appear in various forms as decreed by God Almighty. But God almighty cannot come down to earth to be killed by humans that He created. He can do everything but He will not yo below the dignity of His majesty. Imagine if Jesus was god and he was killed, who was in charge of the whole creation at that point that the god died?
1. The Question says Jubril was an Angel and never insinuated that Jubril was Allah
2. The Question says according to the Quran, Jubril appeared as a Man
3. The Question never mentioned anything about he Almighty God coming down or not
4. The Question was not remotlely connected to Gods power

The Question was
The Qur'an says:

The Question again!
When Jubril came to Mary as a Man (according to the Quran), did he STOP being an Angel?

The Question was direct and extremely simple!
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by drlateef: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
TenQ:

1. The Question says Jubril was an Angel and never insinuated that Jubril was Allah
2. The Question says according to the Quran, Jubril appeared as a Man
3. The Question never mentioned anything about he Almighty God coming down or not
4. The Question was not remotlely connected to Gods power

The Question was
The Qur'an says:

The Question again!
When Jubril came to Mary as a Man (according to the Quran), did he STOP being an Angel?

The Question was direct and extremely simple!

Of course I provided answer for you. And because I know you will claim that that is the reason you believe your god called jesus came down as human. If Jubril could come down as human, then your god could also come down as human. Is that not the logic behind your needless questions?
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by mysticwarrior(m): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to the story in the book of Genesis, they are able to take wives. undecided
what were the names of the Angels who were able to take wives and what were the names of their wives?

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2023
drlateef:

Of course I provided answer for you. And because I know you will claim that that is the reason you believe your god called jesus came down as human. If Jubril could come down as human, then your god could also come down as human. Is that not the logic behind your needless questions?
When Jubril became a man by the permission of Allah, did he stop being Angel Jubri?

The answer could be
Yes, he stopped being Jubril or
No, he didn't stop being Jubril

What is your answer?
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
mysticwarrior:
what were the names of the Angels who were able to take wives and what were the names of their wives?
Do we really need to know their names? The book of Genesis never mentioned their names or their numbers so it is a thing of speculation to claim to know these things. undecided
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by NairalandMD: 11:41pm On Feb 03, 2023
According to the book of genesis, when females got plenty on the face of earth, angel rebels in heaven came down to earth and take them as wife's.
that's where the demi-gods originated from, like the gods of egypt folklore, there offspring had the strength and power of their celestial fathers but physicue of a human.

Angels can appear as whatsoever form they wish.
If Angels appeared to humans in their real form nobody would even wait to listen to whatever it's got to say 😄

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
NairalandMD:
■ According to the book of genesis, when females got plenty on the face of earth, angel rebels in heaven came down to earth and take them as wife's. that's where the demi-gods originated from, like the gods of egypt folklore, there offspring had the strength and power of their celestial fathers but physicue of a human.
■ Angels can appear as whatsoever form they wish. If Angels appeared to humans in their real form nobody would even wait to listen to whatever it's got to say 😄
1. The book of Genesis never in fact says that angels rebelled and then came down to take for themselves wives. That idea is not contained in Genesis at all. undecided

2. Abraham listened to some of them. undecided
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by NairalandMD: 1:14am On Feb 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The book of Genesis never in fact says that angels rebelled and then came down to take for themselves wives. That idea is not contained in Genesis at all. undecided

2. Abraham listened to some of them. undecided
Sir, check your Bible and verify Gen 6:1-4
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Feb 04, 2023
NairalandMD:
Sir, check your Bible and verify Gen 6:1-4
You would have to tell me what part of what is written says the angels rebelled cause I don't see it at all. undecided
1 - 4. The number of people on earth continued to increase. When these people had daughters, the sons of God saw how beautiful they were. So they chose the women they wanted. They married them, and the women had their children. Then the Lord said, “People are only human. I will not let my Spirit be troubled by them forever. I will let them live only 120 years.” During this time and also later, the Nephilim people lived in the land. They have been famous as powerful soldiers since ancient times.
5 The Lord saw that the people on the earth were very evil. He saw that they thought only about evil things all the time.
6 The Lord was sorry that he had made people on the earth. It made him very sad in his heart.
7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy all the people I created on the earth. I will destroy every person and every animal and everything that crawls on the earth. And I will destroy all the birds in the air because I am sorry that I have made them.” - Genesis 6 vs 1 - 7
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by LegalWolf: 2:25am On Feb 04, 2023
TenQ:

The Qur'an says:

The Question again!

Cc:
LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat, Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo , Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69 , mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem , abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins ,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban , ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11 , Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo saintHot

“Animal talk don start again pararara…!!! “ 💃🏽

1 Like

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by LegalWolf: 2:27am On Feb 04, 2023
Lol!

TenQ:

The Qur'an says:

The Question again!

A future thief having the guts to ask me questions on religion. The audacity!!!

Lol, Lawrence Aninih. Oh sorry TenQnih. Future thief!
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by AntiChristian: 6:04am On Feb 04, 2023
TenQ:

The Qur'an says:

The Question again!

Cc:

He never stopped being an Angel.
In addition, Angels don't disobey the commands of Allah! They do exactly what they are commanded.

2 Likes

Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 6:37am On Feb 04, 2023
NairalandMD:
According to the book of genesis, when females got plenty on the face of earth, angel rebels in heaven came down to earth and take them as wife's.
that's where the demi-gods originated from, like the gods of egypt folklore, there offspring had the strength and power of their celestial fathers but physicue of a human.

Angels can appear as whatsoever form they wish.
If Angels appeared to humans in their real form nobody would even wait to listen to whatever it's got to say 😄
I think my question was simple, clear and specific.

When Jubril appeared as a man to Mary: did he stop being an Angel,?
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 6:41am On Feb 04, 2023
LegalWolf:

“Animal talk don start again pararara…!!! “ 💃🏽
It is a simple question based on your Qur'an.

Allah permitted Jubril the Angel to appear as a perfect man to Mary.

The Question is:
Did Jubril stop being an Angel (momentarily)?

It is a simple question (see how all of you are sweating over it).
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 6:44am On Feb 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

In addition, Angels don't disobey the commands of Allah! They do exactly what they are commanded.
I appreciate your Honest response!

Others of your kind have been painfully elusive.

If Mary didn't see an Angel but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's under?
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by NairalandMD: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2023
TenQ:

I think my question was simple, clear and specific.

When Jubril appeared as a man to Mary: did he stop being an Angel,?
Any smart and intelligent human should have known the answer already undecided
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2023
NairalandMD:

Any smart and intelligent human should have known the answer already undecided
But Muslims refused to give an answer because of FEAR of its implications!
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by AntiChristian: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2023
TenQ:

I appreciate your Honest response!

Others of your kind have been painfully elusive.

If Jubril didn't see an Angel but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's under?

1. If Jubril Didn't see an Angel...

What does this your rant above mean?
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

1. If Jubril Didn't see an Angel...

What does this your rant above mean?
Thanks for the correction please

If Mary didn't see an Angel (come to her) but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's Vagina?

Forgive me for the explicit word: I am just copying what the Qur'an says
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by AntiChristian: 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks for the correction please

If Mary didn't see an Angel (come to her) but a man, how did he (Jubril) blow into Mary's Vagina?

Allah never says that in the Qur'an i read! That's your Biblical analysis from Luke 1:35 you are using on the Qur'an.

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

1. What does "Come on you" mean?
2. episkiasei means to Overshadow or envelope aka tower above and cast a shadow over or appear more prominent or important than.
This is like having sex.
3. The end result now become son of God!

Then Allaah explains that the Rooh reached her womb, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of ‘Imraan who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Rooh [i.e. Jibreel (Gabriel)]”. [al-Tahreem 66:12]

The Arabic word "Farjah" can mean "Private part and also the sleeve of the Garment".
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
AntiChristian:

Allah never says that in the Qur'an i read! That's your Biblical analysis from Luke 1:35 you are using on the Qur'an.
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

1. What does "Come on you" mean?
2. episkiasei means to Overshadow or envelope aka tower above and cast a shadow over or appear more prominent or important than.
This is like having sex.
3. The end result now become son of God!

Then Allaah explains that the Rooh reached her womb, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of ‘Imraan who guarded her chastity. And We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Rooh [i.e. Jibreel (Gabriel)]”. [al-Tahreem 66:12]

The Arabic word "Farjah" can mean "Private part and also the sleeve of the Garment".

Farjah means Sleave of Garment!?
AntiChristian, when will you stop telling lies to cover other lies?

Quran 66:12
وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتْ بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهِۦ وَكَانَتْ مِنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ ١٢

Lies are EASY to burst you know! LOL!!

What is the meaning of THIS : فَرْجَهَا
And What is THIS: فِيهِ

Is فَرْجَهَا the same as SLEEVE?
Quran 66:12
And Maryam (Mary) daughter of Imran, who kept safe her private parts, (i.e., safeguarded) so We breathed in it of Our Spirit, and she sincerely (believed) in the Words of her Lord, and His Books; and she was one of the devout.
— Dr. Ghali
Dr Ghali was sponsored by Christians, abi?
LOL!!

What you are telling me is that Mary guarded her SLEEVES and therefore, Jubril BLEW into THE SLEEVES!?
Alhaji AntChristian, tell Another lie!

SECONDLY, The Question was about Jubril who became a MAN

SO, Again, after bursting your lies

I am also jealously guarding my sleeves o!
LOL
Re: When Jubril Came To Mary, Was He A Man Or An Angel? by TenQ: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2023
LegalWolf,
You fled with respect to the Question:
Did Jubril stop being an Angel (momentarily)?

But AntiCHristian came to bail you out. BUT since you always love AntiChristians responses,

He said in response to the question:
AntiChristian:

Now, my next Question:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab / Poverty Has Been Abolished!!! / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.