Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigeria To Ghana - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Ghana (5540 Views)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2023
emmaodet:

😂😂🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️

I guess some of them actually think many nairalanders don’t travel and be fed anything.
Ghana, ghana wey be say dey very very expensive to live.
Very very expensive.

Our reality are both different, and the way we see things are also different.

I enjoyed my stay in accra. You cant take that out of my experience.

Your anger wont stop my joyful experience in accra. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Babtunz: 11:04pm On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

As in the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and that one presently na comma.

On what basis? There are at least 3 African countries that are way better to live in apart from South Africa.
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
Babtunz:

On what basis? There are at least 3 African countries that are way better to live in apart from South Africa.

I am referring to black Africa. The Arab countries are all better. I have been to Morocco and European level infrastructure but in black Africa no country compares to Nigeria except south Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I am referring to black Africa. The Arab countries are all better. I have been to Morocco and European level infrastructure but in black Africa no country compares to Nigeria except south Africa.

Just a curious, what is the level of development in Nigeria? Where is the infrastructure?

In terms of infrastructure and standard of living, are you really sure that Nigeria can compete with some smaller african countries?
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Gerrard59(m): 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Botswana and Namibia. angry
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Babtunz: 12:48am On Feb 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by ImpregnaTor(m): 9:18am On Feb 05, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

As in the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and that one presently na comma.
let me help u with some:

1) Botswana
2) Namibia
3) Gabon
While these countries population may be small they are better

And there are many countries in Africa that enjoy better social amenities and organization than Nigeria. Let's stop with the false hype, nigeria needs to do a lot better
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
let me help u with some:

1) Botswana
2) Namibia
3) Gabon
While these countries population may be small they are better

And there are many countries in Africa that enjoy better social amenities and organization than Nigeria. Let's stop with the false hype, nigeria needs to do a lot better

How is Gabon better than Nigeria. You are very funny. You really think a lot of people on nairaland don't travel. I stand by my word aside south Africa there's no African country better than Nigeria by African I mean black Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Xpol: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

you might be the one high on weed. I dont know where your anger is coming from, it is just a pity that you can be filled with so much rage, lagos is a shit hole grin even abuja grin

Btw, Our reality and experience are both different, whatever you like to believe is up to you.

when last did you visit Accra? don't you think things can change or do you expect things to be stagnant?

I stayed at east legon, if you like don't agree but that place beat most of our highbrow areas in Nigeria that is including maitama and VI.

There is a lot of luxury shopping going on there, luxury malls, a lot of serviced apartments, luxury apartments for sale, luxury restaurants, bar and luxury car dealerships, that alone is enough to show the standard of living, that means there are lot of ghanians earning a good salary and also foreigners investing in the country.

Yes, KFC is all over the place, even pizza hut. in Nigeria, you have to drive to a mall to get KFC or pizza from these american brand. a basket of boneless chicken (18 pcs) in kfc in accra is 110 cedis that is around 5k while here in Nigeria 12 Pcs Hot & Crispy/Original Chicken & 1 Pepsi 1.5 L goes for ₦13,400.00

whether it is my first time or 10th time, is none of your biz, i am just sharing my experience in ghana and then comparing it to Nigeria, and I can confidently say life in Accra is more peaceful. traffic in the night might be an issue but it is less stressful than Nigeria, the standard of living is more higher in accra than in nigeria.

yes, with the level of construction going on there and the type of luxury apartments and luxury shopping going on there, Accra will be the new Johannesburg of west africa in the next 10 years.

Now shoot yourself in the head grin
I do not see much lies in all what you've said but east legon is different from Alajo, malam, kotobabi,Dome,etc so generalising all with east legon experience is biased.This can mislead many, thinking they're coming to experience same, but saying accra is more beautiful than Lagos and Abuja combined shows that the first time travelling out of your state may be passing through Lagos state to Accra. My first time in Abuja was 2014 I actually came from outside the country to authenticate my documents. I remember taking pictures on many parts and people thought the pictures were taking in an advanced country, around same period was also my first visit to VI/Lekki. where in that east legon can you take pics to convince people of taking it in an advanced country or you'll stand at the front of that two tallest buildings there? I don't know the buildings name but not far from the mall.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
Xpol:
I do not see much lies in all what you've said but east legon is different from Alajo, malam, kotobabi,Dome,etc so generalising all with east legon experience is biased.This can mislead many, thinking they're coming to experience same, but saying accra is more beautiful than Lagos and Abuja combined shows that the first time travelling out of your state may be passing through Lagos state to Accra. My first time in Abuja was 2014 I actually came from outside the country to authenticate my documents. I remember taking pictures on many parts and people thought the pictures were taking in an advanced country, around same period was also my first visit to VI/Lekki. where in that east legon can you take pics to convince people of taking it in an advanced country or you'll stand at the front of that two tallest buildings there? I don't know the buildings name but not far from the mall.

In every capital, there are areas where rich and poor people live, even in Europe or america, it is the same thing. These areas make up the landscape of the capital city, different people might be living in the same city but they have 2 different reality. So castigating me for my experience or trying to say, i am lieing or it is my first time of traveling does not make sense. Do i have to live in a city for 2 years to know the areas that are beautiful?

This is my observation in accra when compared to lagos and abuja.

Accra has 24/7 electricity something you can hardly get in many neighborhoods in abuja and lagos.

Yes, lagos is a shit hole when compared to accra, the infrastructures in lagos are decaying, bus stops are getting old and supporting irons are rusted, traffic is brutal, roads are very bad, cars are old and well beaten by panel beaters, people drive anyhow, chao and disorganization all over the place. They don't obey traffic rules and regulations, at 6 am in accra, drivers still obey the traffic lights

there are more gated communities in lagos and abj, mansions are popular in upscale neighborhoods in nigeria, even if you are living in VGC in lagos, you know that once you leave your gated community, yoù are entering into a world of choas. This something i hardly experienced in Accra.

Abuja roads are bigger and wider, electricity is an issue, upscale residential areas are filled with mansions, in accra they are filled with lighted and tall modern apartments buildings which add to the beauty of the city. Tall apartment buildings are now a common sight in east legion to ringway down to Osu.

Luxury shopping and malls that are competing with European standards are now a common thing in accra, i am not talking about Accra mall, good 3 to 4 star hotels that are competing in terms of services with some 5 star hotels in Nigeria...

In my opinion for peace and higher standard of living accra is the place, if you are looking for choas or like fast life, then lagos is for you, as for abj, i have no word to describe it other than it is filled with government parastatals and most of the workers live in the outskirts of the city.

By the way are you making reference to osu ringway estate or this luxury apartment building below

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Xpol: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

In every capital, there are areas where rich and poor people live, even in Europe or america, it is the same thing. These areas make up the landscape of the capital city, different people might be living in the same city but they have 2 different reality. So castigating me for my experience or trying to say, i am lieing or it is my first time of traveling does not make sense. Do i have to live in a city for 2 years to know the areas that are beautiful?

This is my observation in accra when compared to lagos and abuja.

Accra has 24/7 electricity something you can hardly get in many neighborhoods in abuja and lagos.

Yes, lagos is a shit hole when compared to accra, the infrastructures in lagos are decaying, bus stops are getting old and supporting irons are rusted, traffic is brutal, roads are very bad, cars are old and well beaten by panel beaters, people drive anyhow, chao and disorganization all over the place. They don't obey traffic rules and regulations, at 6 am in accra, drivers still obey the traffic lights

there are more gated communities in lagos and abj, mansions are popular in upscale neighborhoods in nigeria, even if you are living in VGC in lagos, you know that once you leave your gated community, yoù are entering into a world of choas. This something i hardly experienced in Accra.

Abuja roads are bigger and wider, electricity is an issue, upscale residential areas are filled with mansions, in accra they are filled with lighted and tall modern apartments buildings which add to the beauty of the city. Tall apartment buildings are now a common sight in east legion to ringway down to Osu.

Luxury shopping and malls that are competing with European standards are now a common thing in accra, i am not talking about Accra mall, good 3 to 4 star hotels that are competing in terms of services with some 5 star hotels in Nigeria...

In my opinion for peace and higher standard of living accra is the place, if you are looking for choas or like fast life, then lagos is for you, as for abj, i have no word to describe it other than it is filled with government parastatals and most of the workers live in the outskirts of the city.

By the way are you making reference to osu ringway estate or this luxury apartment building below

Lol this building you uploaded, the environment is dirty and not neat, it's a recently completed buildings along aflao highway, stand beside the highway and take a picture of it, make sure capture those old buildings around it and send it to your friends in naija that it's Dubai then see their responses 😃. Don't just worry yourself i know all those places wella and there's no anywhere there can be used to fake someone to think it's abroad. The only area Accra is better is light and that's why i prefer it to any Nigerian city, also you can talk of security and that depends on the area coz now people get robbed often in many areas now(along the street at night)

So don't base your comparison on beauty, even Ghanaians are like woww when they see some beautiful locations in Nollywood movies,

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by ewami: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
Moderate hotel prices pls
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
[quote author=Xpol post=120660920][/quote]

Xpol

Lol… I actually got that pic from the internet just to show reference to what you are saying. I have the actual pic with its recent environment and how it looks like in the night on my phone. It is very beautiful, There are no old buildings around the place.. most of the area are now construction sites for luxury apartments

Every open minded Nigerians who have been to Accra say it is better than Lagos or abj… that is fact, in fact is that many Nigerians, Americans and Europeans are now making Accra their home.

And no where did I write that Accra is up to the standard of Dubai, what I wrote is that the standard and present infrastructure more than Lagos and in fact competing with abj

When it comes to quality of life, Accra beats both cities.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Xpol: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
thebosstrevor1:

Cool

Lol… I actually got that pic from the internet just to show reference to what you are saying. I have the actual pic with its recent environment and how it looks like in the night on my phone. It is very beautiful, There are no old buildings around the place.. most of the area are now construction sites for luxury apartments

Every open minded Nigerians who have been to Accra say it is better than Lagos or abj… that is fact, in fact is that many Nigerians, Americans and Europeans are now making Accra their home.

And no where did I write that Accra is up to the standard of Dubai, what I wrote is that the standard and present infrastructure more than Lagos and in fact competing with abj

When it comes to quality of life, Accra beats both cities.

OK i hear you but I no dey like the beauty part. Constant light only can make one fall in love with a place which Nigeria lacks, generator noise won't be disturbing you, better road network, getting taxi to drop you to your location 24/7 so with these and many aspects Accra is better, you can also use beauty in term of neatness but the building structures no dey there.You don't need to throw punches that I'm not making sense we're just saying our different opinions.
Modified. You said no old buildings around . check the PIC you uploaded and see that old two storeys building. I know the building it's along the highway im talking about and all the buildings there are all old.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
Xpol:
OK i hear you but I no dey like the beauty part. Constant light only can make one fall in love with a place which Nigeria lacks, generator noise won't be disturbing you, better road network, getting taxi to drop you to your location 24/7 so with these and many aspects Accra is better, you can also use beauty in term of neatness but the building structures no dey there.You don't need to throw punches that I'm not making sense we're just saying our different opinions.
Modified. You said no old buildings around . check the PIC you uploaded and see that old two storeys building. I know the building it's along the highway im talking about and all the buildings there are all old.

Yeah, we are exchanging opinions.

Ths is how i consider beauty.

Architecture, building lighting, landscaping, these are what make a building beautiful and this is what makes the surrounding areas look cool
I have already said that there are no old buildings in the surrounding environment because the place is under construction and they are converting most of the areas to luxury apartment buildings.

I just want to add, that there is no doubt that Nigeria have more money than them but it seems they are doing things to bring investments into their country.

For instance, i was suprised that they have a Lamborghini dealership in the country, something we dont have in Nigeria, i guess due to the high import duties here in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by BFWestAfrican: 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2023
Looking for accommodation in Accra? Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom flats available. Please WhatsApp oo233 059three854three6three.
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by Ndipe(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2023
Why should South Africa be considered an ideal place to reside when xenophobia is quite common over there? I can never recommend that place to anybody.

tensazangetsu20:

How is Gabon better than Nigeria. You are very funny. You really think a lot of people on nairaland don't travel. I stand by my word aside south Africa there's no African country better than Nigeria by African I mean black Africa
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by OmarEl(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Please House, A Friend Of Mine Invited Me To Over To Togo. What Are The Neccessary Things I Need To Make This Trip A Success? Presently Now, I Don’t Have An International Passport. But He Said I can Still Come Over Without It.

Is There Anything I Need To Be Worried About?
Please I Your Advise To Enable Me Plan Myself Much Better.
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by onatisi(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
lolz , all that glitters isnt gold ooo. that is all i can tell you . i will advice you do your findings , dont judge a country from the tourist view , but ask residents how it is

I dont think so, from what i saw in accra.

Accra is a lovely and more organized city than lagos and abj, infact lagos and abj are villages when compared to accra.

The cars are neat and there are lot of luxury cars on the read when compared to lagos or abuja.

Lot of serviced apartments and luxury apartments, in accra. Lot of luxury brands and luxury shopping..infact lot of construction going on..there is also a Lamborghini dealership in accra...i don't think we have that in Nigeria.

The architectures are awesome, lot of foreigners walking on the street, lot of kfc in every corner , something you will never see in Nigeria.

In the next 10 years, accra might become the Johannesburg of west africa.
Re: Nigeria To Ghana by CrazyCrane: 12:13am On Mar 01
I’d love to travel to Ghana for 14days stay..
Any idea on where to visit in Ghana

(1) (2) (Reply)

Study In Romania......advice Needed.... / Getting Norway Visa And Securing Residence Permit / All You Need To Know About Iceland Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.