Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges (30654 Views)

New Naira: CBN To Arrest, Prosecute Anyone Spreading Fake News / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs / Forgive Us For Supporting Buhari In 2015 – Shitu Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Geovanni412(m): 6:57am On Feb 04, 2023
Diligent1:
Mr CBN governor Godwin Emefiele, this is democracy not military regime. You don't just force people to hardship.You have crippled the economy of Nigeria.

Emefiele is the most incompetent CBN governor I have seen in my life.

I have never heard of the local currency of a country being in short supply...

His ignorance is baffling.

I blame Buhari sha...He ought to have fired Emefiele months ago.

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Aldol: 7:01am On Feb 04, 2023
franchasng:
Buhari don't want Thief Bola Tinubu to succeed him, he never liked Tinubu from day one, he only used Tinubu and his useful urchins to achieve his long Presidential dream. Recall he said it in Dubai that when he was younger and contesting on his own party that Nigerians refused to vote him until he joined politicians to play politics and they are expecting him to do magic.

In 2015 prior to the general election, Tinubu led Buhari and other APC chieftains to his house at Bourdillion, when Buhari got inside Tinubu's compound, he was disgusted by the number of exotic cars he saw there that he feigned ignorance and asked if this place was a sales car stand. They laughed it off. He asked another similar question when they visited Rochas Okorocha house in Imo State, he jokingly asked them if this was Imo State Government House, they laughed it off too thinking Buhari was a dummy.

Buhari never liked all the foolish criminal Southern politicians that stole their people's commonwealth and used the proceeds to install him as President, and right now Buhari wants to stylishly use CBN, INEC electoral law, and Army to ensure Tinubu doesn't win.

Buhari prefers Atiku or Kwankwaso but the people of Nigeria prefer Peter Obi while criminals and looters prefer Tinubu, so everything will be settled at the polls next 2 weeks, kaji kwo grin
For Obi supporters to be insensitive to the plight of the suffering this new naira design has brought to Nigerians is something to worry about. All because of politics, you resort to mocking Nigerians who are suffering. Is this how you want Obi to win. This is why you keep losing supporters daily ,Andrew liver salt people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by ShaqFu: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2023
You should have thought about what is going to happen before you started imposing Naira restriction on Nigerians, now it's happening and you're busy begging

This should be a lesson to us all that, whatever institution is saddle with the responsibility of handling anything, they won't be able to handle it. Nigeria is too complex and have too many people for this short staffed institution to manage.

Just imagine how POS operators are having a field day, doing what they like and the CBN can't even do shit about it.

In a sane clime, every POS operator would have been registered so we who is who and who is doing what they're not suppose to be doing. Nonsense.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by leisuretym: 7:07am On Feb 04, 2023
But at this time that we’re trying to get the currency in circulation amongst everybody, people have to have numbers and they come in under a queueing arrangements that when you come in you get served, if it finishes, just be patient.

“By tomorrow, when you come back, they will start from where they stopped, you will not be cheated.

This Emefiele is a mad man, so those who come have plan to come tomorrow should be told what when they come to the bank?

Bank : we are still attending to customer we had on the line yesterday, come next tomorrow .

He probably think he’s talking to his side chick.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by jojothaiv(m): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
Earlier this week, someone wrote here on Nairaland that "Nigerians don't hate corruption, we only hate when we are not the ones directly perpetrating it".

That said, politicians are corrupt, bankers are corrupt, civil/public servants are corrupt, security agencies are corrupt, political appointees are corrupt, oil marketers are corrupt, business men are corrupt, etc.

Let's talk about the petty traders, artisans and self-employed like the POS operators, anyone wants to rip everyone else off at any given opportunity. We complain about corruption but we also aid and abet corruption.

Today, it's the bankers and POS operators smiling and having a field day, tomorrow is for the oil marketers and the black marketers, next tomorrow is for the immigration officers and their street agents who will rip you off before you can get an international passport, the next day is for public servants who are always seeking ways to siphon public funds or are lackadaisical in service delivery because they believe they are more important than the general public whom they are meant to serve. The next day is for the police, military and paramilitary agencies who are either trying to extort the average Nigerian through bribery, colluding with oil vandals and/or criminals to loot the nation's resources, requesting for "mobilization fees" before helping to apprehend a criminal, pursue justice or even attend to a petition. Then the politicians will form an unholy alliance with the public servants to divert public funds, fund terrorism, banditry and criminality for their selfish interests and personal aggrandizement.

Another day is for the religious leaders, another for the petty traders. Even the corporate businesses like the telcos and the banking institutions are systematically stealing from their customers through hidden, ridiculous and frivolous charges.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, it's a dog-eat-dog society. Actually, it's the way the world is wired but for the fact that some countries have managed to instill discipline by force or by setting in place active systems to curtail human greed. But here, nobody cares. It is a nation of impunity where only the poorest of the poor and the uninfluential face justice.

To conclude, let me borrow someone's analogy about Nigeria. Nigeria is like a fan whose oscillator (mechanism of even wealth distribution) is broken and therefore cannot offer air (equal opportunities) to everyone except those who manage to stand in front of it (the politicians, the corrupt public servants, the greedy businessmen and contractors, the shady security officials, opportunists and beneficiaries of terrorism, banditry and sundry crimes). Instead of us to all come together and find a way to fix this fan's oscillator, we are all struggling to get in front of this fan.

I have stopped praying for Nigeria. Nigeria will be better and great if we all allow it to.

This is clearly my opinion. I did not quote anybody nor oppose anyone. If you are benefitting from the systemic corruption and therefore think you can quote me to share a nonsense contrary opinion, GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!!!!!!
I subscribe to your opinions and if you don't mind, I'd love to share it.

I'll not forget about the credits.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Fuckyoumod: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:
Emefiele really messed up. If he knows what's best for him he should just simply resign. He went ahead with such a delicate policy of monumental socio-economic implications knowing full well that the CBN lacks the capacity to print and circulate the requisite new notes to replace the old ones.

At this rate, the apex bank may have to direct banks to re-release some old notes back into the system (as a face-saving measure) to forestall the accelerating chaos the policy is already generating, coz apparently the CBN has printed about ₦450-billion of new notes so far (much of which has been hoarded). The Mint can print a maximum of ₦950-billion per year if they print only ₦1000 notes. If they mix the notes, it will be much less. Meanwhile, they've withdrawn ₦1.9-trillion and are still trying to withdraw ₦900-billion more. How is that expected to work?? Buhari is toying with his legacy.
I'm not an Emefule's sympathizer, but how on earth will you blame him for following the directives and orders of his employer Buhari?

You lots are all hypocrites!!!

You blame Emefule, you blame cabal but you refused to blame the very problem of this country. Buhari, Tinubu and APC.

You forget that they are just pawns in the hands of Gen. Buhari the president.

For your Info. Emefule is just a boy-boy.

Una never see anything for this country.
Keep calling black, white!

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 7:13am On Feb 04, 2023
jojothaiv:

I subscribe to your opinions and if you don't mind, I'd love to share it.
I'll not forget about the credits.
You are permitted Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Shadysen: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2023
nedekid:

Jesos!
But if I may ask. I assume you have a car, you can get fuel with you cards, eat, pay for services. I paid in the fruit market with transfer the other day, only had 500 cash to buy 2 apples. When I asked if they took transfer, they said yes. Bought fruits of 6k.
Is it not possible to survive without suffering yourself to qeue for that long?
Just innocently wondering.
stupid thinking, Do you think that everyone goes to fruitmarket or whatever? how about those old market women that has nothing to do with transfers, wont they sell? bloody hypocrite man.

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Fearyourcreator: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
Earlier this week, someone wrote here on Nairaland that "Nigerians don't hate corruption, we only hate when we are not the ones directly perpetrating it".

That said, politicians are corrupt, bankers are corrupt, civil/public servants are corrupt, security agencies are corrupt, political appointees are corrupt, oil marketers are corrupt, business men are corrupt, etc.

Let's talk about the petty traders, artisans and self-employed like the POS operators, anyone wants to rip everyone else off at any given opportunity. We complain about corruption but we also aid and abet corruption.

Today, it's the bankers and POS operators smiling and having a field day, tomorrow is for the oil marketers and the black marketers, next tomorrow is for the immigration officers and their street agents who will rip you off before you can get an international passport, the next day is for public servants who are always seeking ways to siphon public funds or are lackadaisical in service delivery because they believe they are more important than the general public whom they are meant to serve. The next day is for the police, military and paramilitary agencies who are either trying to extort the average Nigerian through bribery, colluding with oil vandals and/or criminals to loot the nation's resources, requesting for "mobilization fees" before helping to apprehend a criminal, pursue justice or even attend to a petition. Then the politicians will form an unholy alliance with the public servants to divert public funds, fund terrorism, banditry and criminality for their selfish interests and personal aggrandizement.

Another day is for the religious leaders, another for the petty traders. Even the corporate businesses like the telcos and the banking institutions are systematically stealing from their customers through hidden, ridiculous and frivolous charges.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, it's a dog-eat-dog society. Actually, it's the way the world is wired but for the fact that some countries have managed to instill discipline by force or by setting in place active systems to curtail human greed. But here, nobody cares. It is a nation of impunity where only the poorest of the poor and the uninfluential face justice.

To conclude, let me borrow someone's analogy about Nigeria. Nigeria is like a fan whose oscillator (mechanism of even wealth distribution) is broken and therefore cannot offer air (equal opportunities) to everyone except those who manage to stand in front of it (the politicians, the corrupt public servants, the greedy businessmen and contractors, the shady security officials, opportunists and beneficiaries of terrorism, banditry and sundry crimes). Instead of us to all come together and find a way to fix this fan's oscillator, we are all struggling to get in front of this fan.

I have stopped praying for Nigeria. Nigeria will be better and great if we all allow it to.

This is clearly my opinion. I did not quote anybody nor oppose anyone. If you are benefitting from the systemic corruption and therefore think you can quote me to share a nonsense contrary opinion, GOD WILL PUNISH YOU!!!!!!
You have said it all... It's the masses that surprises me most ... Claiming innocent... If you see what some people papa dey do for CDA alone... You will open mouth like if this person handle a state he will kill many not to talk becoming the president...
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by arantess: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:
Emefiele really messed up. If he knows what's best for him he should just simply resign. He went ahead with such a delicate policy of monumental socio-economic implications knowing full well that the CBN lacks the capacity to print and circulate the requisite new notes to replace the old ones.

At this rate, the apex bank may have to direct banks to re-release some old notes back into the system (as a face-saving measure) to forestall the accelerating chaos the policy is already generating, coz apparently the CBN has printed about ₦450-billion of new notes so far (much of which has been hoarded). The Mint can print a maximum of ₦950-billion per year if they print only ₦1000 notes. If they mix the notes, it will be much less. Meanwhile, they've withdrawn ₦1.9-trillion and are still trying to withdraw ₦900-billion more. How is that expected to work?? Buhari is toying with his legacy.
Buhari and legacy of wickedness and untold hardship on the masses

I see alot of old folks talking about their 1983-1985 experience saying nothing changed about this man.

Nigerians need to wise up and get it right in next election
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 7:23am On Feb 04, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You have said it all... It's the masses that surprises me most ... Claiming innocent... If you see what some people papa dey do for CDA alone... You will open mouth like if this person handle a state he will kill many not to talk becoming the president...
grin grin grin
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by arantess: 7:24am On Feb 04, 2023
Aldol:

For Obi supporters to be insensitive to the plight of the suffering this new naira design has brought to Nigerians is something to worry about. All because of politics, you resort to mocking Nigerians who are suffering. Is this how you want Obi to win. This is why you keep losing supporters daily ,Andrew liver salt people
Go and pick your brain where you left it oo
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Lordjulius(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:

My broda you have said it all...if it benefits you then is cool but if is not then is corruption.Someone once told me the problem of Africa is that we don't love ourselves but pretend to love ourselves..Even if peter obi wins he needs to change the judicial system of the country ie No one should be above the law whether rich or poor that's why these western world are working

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by tete7000(m): 7:25am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:

Which legacy Buhari has, one of poverty and hunger? After typing something beautiful, you now spoilt it with a bad ending.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2023
I wasted over 5 hours in bank yesterday, couldn't getvanythy.

Emefiele is a failure angry
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Aldol: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2023
arantess:

Go and pick your brain where you left it oo
Continue mocking the suffering Nigerians, Obi will not win 2023 election

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Fearyourcreator: 7:28am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:
grin grin grin
Person wey dey chop for corruption no dey talk... Some about to start chopping from it will also keep quite... Most are not patriot... Its anywhere the money dey ooo... People pointing fingers just give them money them go keep shut... Politicians knows these things ... Am sure they will be mocking the masses cus they know if many is in their sit they wont do better...
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Shaev7(m): 7:28am On Feb 04, 2023
What is even our problem?
Is it the N1000 note and N500 notes?
Are there no other denomination of our currency?
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by arantess: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:

You will live long bro

Nigeria will be great under the right leadership and I will see it

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Shaev7(m): 7:31am On Feb 04, 2023
sotall:

Go and sack him naa.

You think Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

Most of those who have turned pro-masses both online and offline shouldn't be given any attention because they are hypocrites.

For over 7 years they have been praising APC and Buhari because they want him to handover to Emilokan.

Now that they see that it isnt happening, they are wailing everywhere and have become opposition.

Imagine we haven't heard from Fashola the rocket scientist since the ENDSARS protests where him and Tinubu didn't condemn Buhari's administration for how they handled Nigerians but now see him wailing.

Same thing with Oshomole, and other pro-Tinubu miscreants.

Buhari and the cabal should continue their plan, Nigerians understand the handwriting.
My brother, I stand with you. This may be difficult but you have said it all.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Angy55(f): 7:31am On Feb 04, 2023
LiteratureClass:
It is unfortunate. To withdraw 1000, you have to pay the POS operator 300. This really pained me yesterday but I have to pay the charges because I need money to go out.

At the end of the day, Nigerians are greedy.

This too sha pass, I believe.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by omoluka: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2023
Aldol:

Continue mocking the suffering Nigerians, Obi will not win 2023 election
Abo ti win ni, even if i vote for him, he will still loose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Passionet: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2023
I think emefiele should be arrested. What an incompetent man.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2023
Lordjulius:

My broda you have said it all...if it benefits you then is cool but if is not then is corruption.Someone once told me the problem of Africa is that we don't love ourselves but pretend to love ourselves..Even if peter obi wins he needs to change the judicial system of the country ie No one should be above the law whether rich or poor that's why these western world are working
Well said brother
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 7:39am On Feb 04, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Person wey dey chop for corruption no dey talk... Some about to start chopping from it will also keep quite... Most are not patriot... Its anywhere the money dey ooo... People pointing fingers just give them money them go keep shut... Politicians knows these things ... Am sure they will be mocking the masses cus they know if many is in their sit they wont do better...
Apt....you are very much on point brother
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by naijainstinct: 7:39am On Feb 04, 2023
arantess:

You will live long bro

Nigeria will be great under the right leadership and I will see it
Amen and you too bro. Amen to that also. We will all live to see a better Nigeria by God's grace
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by omoluka: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2023
franchasng:
Buhari don't want Thief Bola Tinubu to succeed him, he never liked Tinubu from day one, he only used Tinubu and his useful urchins to achieve his long Presidential dream. Recall he said it in Dubai that when he was younger and contesting on his own party that Nigerians refused to vote him until he joined politicians to play politics and they are expecting him to do magic.

In 2015 prior to the general election, Tinubu led Buhari and other APC chieftains to his house at Bourdillion, when Buhari got inside Tinubu's compound, he was disgusted by the number of exotic cars he saw there that he feigned ignorance and asked if this place was a sales car stand. They laughed it off. He asked another similar question when they visited Rochas Okorocha house in Imo State, he jokingly asked them if this was Imo State Government House, they laughed it off too thinking Buhari was a dummy.

Buhari never liked all the foolish criminal Southern politicians that stole their people's commonwealth and used the proceeds to install him as President, and right now Buhari wants to stylishly use CBN, INEC electoral law, and Army to ensure Tinubu doesn't win.

Buhari prefers Atiku or Kwankwaso but the people of Nigeria prefer Peter Obi while criminals and looters prefer Tinubu, so everything will be settled at the polls next 2 weeks, kaji kwo grin
You don see Tinubu for queue? grin the masses are the one suffering from the effects of this ill timed policy.
I will vote for Obi but he is not going to win grin
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by nedekid: 7:41am On Feb 04, 2023
Shadysen:
stupid thinking, Do you think that everyone goes to fruitmarket or whatever? how about those old market women that has nothing to do with transfers, wont they sell? bloody hypocrite man.
They have come. Those that cannot make a conversation without talking crap.
Anyway, good morning.

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by DriveByKiller: 7:54am On Feb 04, 2023
MarketDispatch:

imbeci.le
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by franchasng: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2023
omoluka:

You don see Tinubu for queue? grin the masses are the one suffering from the effects of this ill timed policy.
I will vote for Obi but he is not going to win grin
I am also voting for Tinubu even though he will lose grin
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by OyinO: 7:57am On Feb 04, 2023
naijainstinct:

Best comment. 100% on point.

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by OyinO: 7:59am On Feb 04, 2023
This things are happening for a reason. The Animal Farm will surely scatter and that will usher in good things for lasting prosperity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) / Peter Obi Grassroots Evangelism In Kaduna State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.