Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges (30668 Views)

New Naira: CBN To Arrest, Prosecute Anyone Spreading Fake News / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs / Forgive Us For Supporting Buhari In 2015 – Shitu Begs Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by EagleNest(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2023
Nonsense!!! No forward thought was made on planning and availability. The timing of this exercise is wrong!
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by bolabadmus38: 8:03am On Feb 04, 2023
My take is that CBN failed in monitoring the disbursement of the new notes which they seems doing now. These new notes they released earlier wasn't monitored closely and a lot of things went wrong. The previous systems was take old notes to bank and collect new ones. Old notes are never dispensed again.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Auxtan(m): 8:06am On Feb 04, 2023
modsfucker:
I remember debating with a supposed economic expert when the policy was earlier announced. I told him that the policy would fail, and he kept insisting that it has come to stay, and now look at the sorry situation we found ourselves because of this poorly thought out vindictive policy.
The sorry situation is caused by CBN not releasing enough of the money into the system but the policy itself is good for keeping the money in circulation in check. If that starting from the day of the announcement banks stopped paying old notes even with the new policy it wouldn't have gotten this messed up. Besides, bank top guys aren't helping the situation because these guys instead of changing the money for the general public are taking politicians billions for a 10% cut to change their money they are hoarding, this has also contributed to the scarcity we are facing.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2023
LiteratureClass:
It is unfortunate. To withdraw 1000, you have to pay the POS operator 300. This really pained me yesterday but I have to pay the charges because I need money to go out.

300? O holy prick! You can't be serious
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Ken4Christ: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:
Emefiele really messed up. If he knows what's best for him he should just simply resign. He went ahead with such a delicate policy of monumental socio-economic implications knowing full well that the CBN lacks the capacity to print and circulate the requisite new notes to replace the old ones.

At this rate, the apex bank may have to direct banks to re-release some old notes back into the system (as a face-saving measure) to forestall the accelerating chaos the policy is already generating, coz apparently the CBN has printed about ₦450-billion of new notes so far (much of which has been hoarded). The Mint can print a maximum of ₦950-billion per year if they print only ₦1000 notes. If they mix the notes, it will be much less. Meanwhile, they've withdrawn ₦1.9-trillion and are still trying to withdraw ₦900-billion more. How is that expected to work?? Buhari is toying with his legacy.

How did you get these information? Well, great job. So, we are in for more weeks of hardship on account of this.

The Sanators are supposed to call for an emergency meeting to find solution to the problem. But they are mute. Maybe, they have gotten their new notes.

There was a country.

God, please save Nigeria from these wicked and unreasonable leaders.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Indispensable85(m): 8:15am On Feb 04, 2023
Oga leave POS we need cash
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by ruggedtimi(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2023
07kjb:
NIGERIA should exercise patience the policy is a good one

Don't join politicians to fight there fight because they haven't fought for you people before

If you need money go to the bank they are giving each person 20k daily
maybe at ur area....where want see 20k withdraw for bank
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2023
Where bbqmannagrillz. Has he lost his voice. God punish that guy and other urchins that supported and is still supporting apc. I rest my case.

PETER OBI & DATTI AHMED for life!
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by GloriousGbola: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:
Emefiele really messed up. If he knows what's best for him he should just simply resign. He went ahead with such a delicate policy of monumental socio-economic implications knowing full well that the CBN lacks the capacity to print and circulate the requisite new notes to replace the old ones.

At this rate, the apex bank may have to direct banks to re-release some old notes back into the system (as a face-saving measure) to forestall the accelerating chaos the policy is already generating, coz apparently the CBN has printed about ₦450-billion of new notes so far (much of which has been hoarded). The Mint can print a maximum of ₦950-billion per year if they print only ₦1000 notes. If they mix the notes, it will be much less. Meanwhile, they've withdrawn ₦1.9-trillion and are still trying to withdraw ₦900-billion more. How is that expected to work?? Buhari is toying with his legacy.

Whatever legacy Buhari may have had has been flushed down the toilet the moment he pulled this madness in the month before the election. This is far worse that gejs ill advised new year subsidy removal gift.

I actually suspect that it is Buhari and the clowns around him that pushed Emefiele on this.

Emefiele was a seasoned professional from the banking sector so he would definitely know this is a plan that cannot work. Your mid level manager would know it can't work. But Buhari who has zero head for business and thinks in terms of n5000 per month villagers will push this rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Dengoh(m): 8:20am On Feb 04, 2023
Our president is dumb
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Alaga2222(m): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
May God richly bless the management of Guaranty Trust Bank! Yesterday, I was at IKOTA shopping Complex at VGC and notified that two GTBank ATMs at two branches were dispensing 10k to their customers and 1k to non-customers.

First Bank, Access, UBA and other top banks have been busy selling the money CBN gives them to the highest bidder. Perhaps they want the citizens to revolt and set the banks ablaze before dem get sense!

I would have just advise you to keep praising the GTB at Ikota cos the one at my area was also busy selling the money CBN give them to the highest bidder...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by ayenale1(m): 8:22am On Feb 04, 2023
In a sane country Meffy is supposed to have been sacked and if he still have an atom of integrity with him...he's supposed to have resigned...
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Prettygirl200(f): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
APC and all members of the party will be filled with confusion and make more errors in governance until the party disintegrates
Amen oooo
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by modsfucker: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2023
Auxtan:

The sorry situation is caused by CBN not releasing enough of the money into the system but the policy itself is good for keeping the money in circulation in check. If that starting from the day of the announcement banks stopped paying old notes even with the new policy it wouldn't have gotten this messed up. Besides, bank top guys aren't helping the situation because these guys instead of changing the money for the general public are taking politicians billions for a 10% cut to change their money they are hoarding, this has also contributed to the scarcity we are facing.

The policy is not about swapping currency, it's all about starving the economy of cash, to force people to go cashless, that's why they didn't print enough of the new notes. They retrieved 2trillion from people and they printed about 400bn which roughly 1/5th of what they collected.

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Theo001(m): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2023
God bless you sir !❤️ I was talking to someone yesterday that buhari should go more harder ....and let’s see how those who have never complain in the last 7years will now come here and trying to be a saint ....I’m a yoruba boy but to be honest , tinubu greediness and self centered is second to non ! Idiot fellow 😡
sotall:

Go and sack him naa.

You think Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

Most of those who have turned pro-masses both online and offline shouldn't be given any attention because they are hypocrites.

For over 7 years they have been praising APC and Buhari because they want him to handover to Emilokan.

Now that they see that it isnt happening, they are wailing everywhere and have become opposition.

Imagine we haven't heard from Fashola the rocket scientist since the ENDSARS protests where him and Tinubu didn't condemn Buhari's administration for how they handled Nigerians but now see him wailing.

Same thing with Oshomole, and other pro-Tinubu miscreants.

Buhari and the cabal should continue their plan, Nigerians understand the handwriting.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by NinjaXmetahuman: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2023
holysaint1:

When everyone is lamenting about the epileptic bank app network service. Just count yourself lucky that your transaction went through.
he will still be a victim. It's only a matter of time. And it will be worse than everybody else.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by rollandben(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2023
Its okay, but everything about Nigeria is all failed. Failed country failed Government.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Hidohwuh: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
May God richly bless the management of Guaranty Trust Bank! Yesterday, I was at IKOTA shopping Complex at VGC and notified that two GTBank ATMs at two branches were dispensing 10k to their customers and 1k to non-customers.

First Bank, Access, UBA and other top banks have been busy selling the money CBN gives them to the highest bidder. Perhaps they want the citizens to revolt and set the banks ablaze before dem get sense!

SMH. It is pple like you that is causing nuisance out there. Cos you went to a branck GTB and you were able to withdraw doesn't mean other bank are selling note. FBN, UBA in my area has been dispensing since. I believe they can only give out what they have. You fail to see that CBN is the problem here. Emefiele talking about POS charges. What do you expect them to do.
Ignorant Citizen. Olodo. Just Keep shut and move on.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Lacash: 9:09am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:

Incompetent fool like this Emefiele can not work in the BAT administration, he can only work with Bubu as a dullard begot dullard…Bunch of insignificant elements, Awon Concobility Oshi🥸🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by lexy2014: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2023
Badabada:
The issues is not really the POS vendors, because they too have to source for cash and in doing so, they pay exorbitant amount to the bank workers.

Just imagine a POS vendor collected 2million naira with 100k frm d bank. So what do you expect.

Thank you my brother. These people keep chasing shadows
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by goldlemo: 9:14am On Feb 04, 2023
Despite the hardship, it's going to be okay at the end.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by loswhite(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2023
Badabada:
The issues is not really the POS vendors, because they too have to source for cash and in doing so, they pay exorbitant amount to the bank workers.

Just imagine a POS vendor collected 2million naira with 100k frm d bank. So what do you expect.
Are you the POS operator that collected 2 million with 100k from the Bank? There are POS operator that withdrew money from ATM and they will tell you that the bank sold to them.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by loswhite(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:

stop blaming the banks blame your CBN governor. The cash came in December 15th where was the Governor? He only came in a week to the end of the deadline. He.is the problem.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by MrBroke(m): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2023
Aldol:

You sound too dumb, so every four years they must redesign new naira notes to curb vote buying. New naira notes that's already with bandits in the bush,didn't you hear a governor just collected 500 million new naira notes from just a bank? How you people think this policy will affect politicians amazes me

Anything you hear or see you Don believe, that is y we are easily decieved
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by HellVictorinho7: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2023
MarketDispatch:

why did emefiele not ensure that banks are willing and able before coming up with the policy?
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by HellVictorinho7: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2023
MrBroke:

disposed
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Aldol: 9:47am On Feb 04, 2023
MrBroke:

So something that's in the news , you still don't believe it
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by Ohaozara: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2023
nedekid:

That is serious. 30% shocked
Sorry jare.
Omo, meanwhile my staff goes to deposit sales money in the bank daily and complains of qeue. No be juju be that?
Maybe I will stop him and be collecting the cash.
Heck, but I am a cashless practicing person.
Bro, I need those cash abeg
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by ManOfSon: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2023
You know a so-called country is totally finished when they convert good old POS (that's used for sales in businesses everywhere else in the world) into a bank. I'll never understand what Nigerians turned the POS into - same way it made no sense that dollar sellers in same country usually paid lower rates to exchange dollar notes with older print dates on them. Everything in Nigeria is rocket science.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by EteBabaagba222(m): 9:56am On Feb 04, 2023
SmartPolician:

It has stared already, in ibadan yesterday, banks were burnt
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by cedricksly: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2023
afroniger:

he might have failed in other things as I'm a critic of the CBN governor, but definitely not this, give it time, the naira will go around... You See the 1.9 Trillion they've withdrawn, more than 80% of it was never circulating, it was out of the system(hoarded) by thieving politicians.. 950 billion circulating in the system for a year is more than enough, Afterall the 2.8 Trillion was the naira produced over more than 5 years window.... Las Las we all go dey alright, Make election pass first, it is the election that is mouthing pressure on the process because thieving politicians are angry that the money they've accumulated over time will go to a waste... When last u hear say them kidnap person to go pay random Coz even them understand say naira scare and limit is also a barrier... Y'all should chill and allow the process work optimally.
Re: Naira: CBN Begs Nigerians, Vows To Stop POS ‘Extra’ Charges by mastermaestro(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:
APC and all members of the party will be filled with confusion and make more errors in governance until the party disintegrates

AMEN!!!!! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Visits To Buhari In London Cost N50 Million - The Guardian / Kogi Election: Fabulous KSP Shot Dead (Photos) / 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.