Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,347 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? (11885 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by IgOga(m): 8:09am On Feb 05, 2023
No
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:09am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:
So I have this friend of mine, that invited me to the church I am attending right now

Normally I don't go to church regularly, and when I do, it's mostly crossover night

To cut the long story short, this guy invited me to his church for crossover in which I attended. I kinda like the church programme and I decided that I'm going to start going to church regularly this year. I started sunday service with them since the second sunday of last month

But last sunday, I couldn't find my guy in church, I called him after service and asked why, he simply said he was cashless and he can't come to church without offering, I simply said okay.

Today I chatted him up again, he said it's under maybe, if he will come to church tomorrow because of offering (naira scarcity)

NOW MY QUESTION IS: IS NON PAYMENT OF OFFERING AN ENOUGH REASON TO SKIP CHURCH DUE TO THIS NAIRA SCARCITY?

Kndly push this to front page for more participation
better excuse 4 pipu like us.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by MyExpression(m): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:
That your friend is not serious.
Whether cash or no cash, you should go and serve your God. Don't use flimsy excuses to miss service.

Nobody will challenge you if you don't drop offering. So go!

Not Money or no money .....money must be involved.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Trustedpronet: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2023
Next time make sure your church is walkable.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by AFRICANJAMAICA: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:
Whether cash or no cash, you should go and serve your God. Don't use flimsy excuses to miss service.

Is going to church means serving God ....

Nigerian church goers are more dangerous that lucifer...

If only 30percent of all church goers in nigeria are truly committed to God in truth and in spirit,nigeria would have been better

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by yesloaded: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:
So I have this friend of mine, that invited me to the church I am attending right now

Normally I don't go to church regularly, and when I do, it's mostly crossover night

To cut the long story short, this guy invited me to his church for crossover in which I attended. I kinda like the church programme and I decided that I'm going to start going to church regularly this year. I started sunday service with them since the second sunday of last month

But last sunday, I couldn't find my guy in church, I called him after service and asked why, he simply said he was cashless and he can't come to church without offering, I simply said okay.

Today I chatted him up again, he said it's under maybe, if he will come to church tomorrow because of offering (naira scarcity)

NOW MY QUESTION IS: IS NON PAYMENT OF OFFERING AN ENOUGH REASON TO SKIP CHURCH DUE TO THIS NAIRA SCARCITY?

No

Let him go to church, no chrich will ever call out those who couldn't pay offerings

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Franking: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2023
Your friend is not serious.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Godseed: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

Your friend has done his part-he invited you to church.
You have tasted of God yourself-Can money pay for or stop you from His goodness?
Every man will answer for himself.

2 Likes

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Mpanyi: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

You will just make up something just to paint Christianity bad. Christianity or going to church or not going to church does not have anything with money or no money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by JoeEeL(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2023
Thread for brainwashed black shameless unoriginal peeps.

2 Likes

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Olowosaudi(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:

Hmmm. So God inhabits a building where He can be worshipped? Smh

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by GeeMeshin1(m): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2023
A firstborn donkey may be bought back from the Lord by presenting a lamb or young goat in its place. But if you do not buy it back, you must break its neck. However, you must buy back every firstborn son. “No one may appear before me without an offering.
Exodus 34:20 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/exo.34.20.NLT

“Each year every man in Israel must celebrate these three festivals: the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Harvest, and the Festival of Shelters. On each of these occasions, all men must appear before the Lord your God at the place he chooses, but they must not appear before the Lord without a gift for him.
Deuteronomy 16:16 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/deu.16.16.NLT
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by jaxxy(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2023
Why should people feel uncomfortable going to church just because they don't have money or offering?
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by tollyboy5(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:
please kindly back up your opinion with reasons
If I don't have offering I don't enter church too.

No be me Dem go embarrass

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by tollyboy5(m): 8:49am On Feb 05, 2023
Olachase:
Make I no lie I go talk ham as I see ham lagos hard pass Nigeria cry cry
Golden comment cry cry cry
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2023
It's now u will know the true christians and those playing religion

Anyway u know living faith church, winners chapel is God house and u are more than free not to pay offering and tithe but wen God is blessing other people more than u, no vex

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:

Na who get means and resources dey go church.

Outside the offering, if you no get money for fare or fuel, how you wan take go the church?
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Angrygoat: 9:01am On Feb 05, 2023
Put your ATM card inside brown envelope,write the pin inside paper tape.seal it and then wait for debit alert later. Drop inside offering box
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Cricketman: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2023
On d way

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by HeroicMeastro: 9:14am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

Chai!!!
9ja which way?
Anyways...
Pastors how market nah?

2 Likes

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Streetmovement(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Forget all these capping wey una dey cap, if I no get common thing like offering I no fit branch church, not because of the fact that I'm trying to impress anybody or show off but for me it's a normal thing to go to church with your offering..a grown up man like me I go come go dey sit-done dey do wetin when everybody dey stand up dey offer to God when I'm not mad.

That one no fit happen abeg.

E better mk I dey my house
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by stagger: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

He does not love God.

If he shows the same attitude to his work, he will be sacked instanta.

2 Likes

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by genkins(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

Yes. It is enough reason for you not to go to church. Your friend is a good Christain. A good Christain who knows how much his/her God needs money to do his work will not go to church if he/she doesn't have money to give.

Like I always said, Most Nigerians ,thier God is mammon

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by genkins(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2023
Streetmovement:

Forget all these capping wey una dey cap, if I no get common thing like offering I no fit branch church, not because of the fact that I'm trying to impress anybody or show off but for me it's a normal thing to go to church with your offering..a grown up man like me I go come go dey sit-done dey do wetin when everybody dey stand up dey offer to God when I'm not mad.

That one no fit happen abeg.

E better mk I dey my house

Na ur pastor brainwash you to think say na normal thing to offer money to them.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by genkins(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
It's now u will know the true christians and those playing religion

Anyway u know living faith church, winners chapel is God house and u are more than free not to pay offering and tithe but wen God is blessing other people more than u, no vex

Lol..when una wan get sense sef?so ur god de bless only those wey give am money?which kind agbero god be that one?or abi,ur god na hungry god
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 05, 2023
Buddha3:

Na who get means and resources dey go church.

Outside the offering, if you no get money for fare or fuel, how you wan take go the church?

Must you go to a far church?
Look for somewhere close to your house and worship.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Streetmovement(m): 9:29am On Feb 05, 2023
genkins:

Na ur pastor brainwash you to think say na normal thing to offer money to them.

No pastor brainwashed me, na me decide say I wan dey give to God, I'm not taking money to any pastor's house or doing transfer...when I lap church I go with my offering and I offer to God to thank him for his blessings.. nobody is holding a gun to my head..

I no be one of those men wey any pastor fit brainwash.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by TheZeezle(m): 9:30am On Feb 05, 2023
Christianity is an expensive religion.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by drololaaof: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

No it should not, but considering our nature as blacks ,people and pastorate will look at you as an outcast,but some pastor's will pray for those that have no offering.
I read many post about do not come to church with old notes on 29th Sunday before the extension of the date to 10 th February.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Megabig: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

Yes. It is enough reason for you not to go to church. Your friend is a good Christain. A good Christain who knows how much his/her God needs money to do his work will not go to church if he/she doesn't have money to give.

Na the back of bible you de read Abi you be all these money hungry new generation pastors
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by genkins(m): 9:36am On Feb 05, 2023
Streetmovement:

No pastor brainwashed me, na me decide say I wan dey give to God, I'm not taking money to any pastor's house or doing transfer...when I lap church I go with my offering and I offer to God to thank him for his blessings.. nobody is holding a gun to my head..

I no be one of those men wey any pastor fit brainwash.
which god u think say dry find your money?so you think say church na wey God dey live?lol

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by phemmyfour: 9:41am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

Not an excuse, you can do xfer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist / How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / Would You Change Your Religion For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.