Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? (11871 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by prof22(m): 9:53am On Feb 05, 2023
It is only urchins that this affecting biko. It is not affecting the rest. It is only urchins that need cash to buy vote the rest of us dont need cash to live..na cowry we need.
JustANairlander:
So I have this friend of mine, that invited me to the church I am attending right now

Normally I don't go to church regularly, and when I do, it's mostly crossover night

To cut the long story short, this guy invited me to his church for crossover in which I attended. I kinda like the church programme and I decided that I'm going to start going to church regularly this year. I started sunday service with them since the second sunday of last month

But last sunday, I couldn't find my guy in church, I called him after service and asked why, he simply said he was cashless and he can't come to church without offering, I simply said okay.

Today I chatted him up again, he said it's under maybe, if he will come to church tomorrow because of offering (naira scarcity)

NOW MY QUESTION IS: IS NON PAYMENT OF OFFERING AN ENOUGH REASON TO SKIP CHURCH DUE TO THIS NAIRA SCARCITY?

Kndly push this to front page for more participation
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Streetmovement(m): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2023
genkins:
which god u think say dry find your money?so you think say church na wey God dey live?lol

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You dey talk too much

If I go church I dey put my offering on a steady. Anyhow you wan reason am o he no go change anything.

God see's the heart it's not necessarily about the money but the intention behind the action, we are the church and the church lives in us, so if I find myself in church then it's absolutely reasonable that God's presence is available because where one or two are gathered his presence is always there so if na church we gather to praise and worship then God dey with us for dia.

Even God been tempt somebody for bible to offer something very precious to him in exchange of what he wanted from God, In the act of doing that God sef still come let am know say it was never about the offering but the intent behind his actions which made him a true loyalist to God words and commandments, so don't tell me it's wrong for me to put offering in church when you're not mad.

You're a clueless Christian abi na Muslim you be, stop confusing the novels you read for a bible cuz from your comments it's clear you can't comprehend what you're reading.

No dey go church to go dey find woman thinking you're going to worship God, at the end of day you go back home without the knowledge of the word. You're not spiritually invested that's why you talk like a three year old that lost his way trying to find momma.

If you understood anything you won't have quoted me saying things like what you just said above cuz truth be told you spoke out of context trying to accuse me of something I didn't say, No dey quote me wrongly like say you too Sabi cuz you no Sabi anything.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by prof22(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2023
Washing & setting pastor ring a bell grin grin hope it's not him grin cheesy
Antoeni:
God is Not Interested in Our Tithes And Offering, Don’t Be Deceived By Any Pulpit Bandit or Those Washing & Setting Pastors,
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by frozen70(f): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

Yes. It is enough reason for you not to go to church. Your friend is a good Christain. A good Christain who knows how much his/her God needs money to do his work will not go to church if he/she doesn't have money to give.

I don't subscribe to this
One have to go yo church unless you don't fell like

Not having offering money is not an excuse for not going to church because the most important thing is your heart and your relationship with God

But on Monday, he will go to work, so where did he get that money from

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by kmaster007: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2023
Church go dry
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:

Must you go to a far church?
Look for somewhere close to your house and worship.

I live in an Abuja estate that does not allow worship centers to sprout up anywhere around the residences. So what should I do?

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by kayperry: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2023
derecho:
So you believed his Tinubu inspired lies?
All these narratives are to whip up sentiments.
Have you asked yourself why this made FP despite few comments when there are tons of topical Christian issues?
Tinubu is trying in vain to validate the scrapping of the deadline so he could buy votes

These are Muslim BATstards feigning to

What Tinubu doesn't know is that Nigerians are wiser now.

Will you guyz just shutup and stop being stupidly mischievous, talking as if Tinubu as monopoly of vote buying in Nigeria.
Is voting buying not synonymous to politicians, so why make it all about Tinubu or from the last election how many of you can swear with your lifes ATIKU did not buy vote, Did GEJ not share dollars in 2015. so what point do you have.

Even if Nigerians are forgetful, they can Never forget PDP are pioneers of voting in Nigeria, another thing Nigerians won't forget is ATIKU is the most corrupt politician according to his boss ...

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by sunkieisland(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2023
My going to church with my family costs between 1500 to 2500 (to and fro) and now POS in my area are refusing to give any one more than 5k. If I take the 5k, I won't be able to go out early tomorrow should I take my family to church today... hence, na live service I dey follow as I dey so

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 05, 2023
Buddha3:

I live in an Abuja estate that does not allow worship centers to sprout up anywhere around the residences. So what should I do?

If you can afford to live in an estate, you should be able to afford an Uber and pay with transfer.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by CBR100: 10:53am On Feb 05, 2023
Starhearts:

Do u knw where him dey live?
Do u knw him distance journey to d church?
U re here making final conclusion as if u re PA to Jesus christ...

On the seventh day HE rested If God knew dat one of His disciples will be diz useless... He would have created anoda creature

God doesn't get tired
God have knowledge of all things both the past, present and future
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by derecho(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2023
Hope you are okay?
I underestimated the effect of Heroin.
kayperry:

Will you guyz just shutup and stop being stupidly mischievous, talking as if Tinubu as monopoly of vote buying in Nigeria.
Is voting buying not synonymous to politicians, so why make it all about Tinubu or from the last election how many of you can swear with your lifes ATIKU did not buy vote, Did GEJ not share dollars in 2015. so what point do you have.

Even if Nigerians are forgetful, they can Never forget PDP are pioneers of voting in Nigeria, another thing Nigerians won't forget is ATIKU is the most corrupt politician according to his boss ...

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by IecheM(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:

NOW MY QUESTION IS: IS NON PAYMENT OF OFFERING AN ENOUGH REASON TO SKIP CHURCH DUE TO THIS NAIRA SCARCITY?

Better still your friend can write the amount on a piece of paper and drop it in the offering box then after service make transfer to the church account.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by genkins(m): 11:13am On Feb 05, 2023
Streetmovement:

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You dey talk too much

If I go church I dey put my offering on a steady. Anyhow you wan reason am o he no go change anything.

God see's the heart it's not necessarily about the money but the intention behind the action, we are the church and the church lives in us, so if I find myself in church then it's absolutely reasonable that God's presence is available because where one or two are gathered his presence is always there so if na church we gather to praise and worship then God dey with us for dia.

Even God been tempt somebody for bible to offer something very precious to him in exchange of what he wanted from God, In the act of doing that God sef still come let am know say it was never about the offering but the intent behind his actions which made him a true loyalist to God words and commandments, so don't tell me it's wrong for me to put offering in church when you're not mad.

You're a clueless Christian abi na Muslim you be, stop confusing the novels you read for a bible cuz from your comments it's clear you can't comprehend what you're reading.

No dey go church to go dey find woman thinking you're going to worship God, at the end of day you go back home without the knowledge of the word. You're not spiritually invested that's why you talk like a three year old that lost his way trying to find momma.

If you understood anything you won't have quoted me saying things like what you just said above cuz truth be told you spoke out of context trying to accuse me of something I didn't say, No dey quote me wrongly like say you too Sabi cuz you no Sabi anything.

You be very ignorant person but you dey yarn plenty in ignorance.if u are a christian,show me one scripture wey Christ our savior say make you give money to him or his disciples or to 'church' to mean say you dey give am to God or that you will be blessed.
Even your yahoo boy pastor no ko fit answer this one.africans,we no de like read.we de use our local sense dey practice Christianity..lol..I de wait oo ..my boy

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by hardbody: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

Yes. It is enough reason for you not to go to church. Your friend is a good Christain. A good Christain who knows how much his/her God needs money to do his work will not go to church if he/she doesn't have money to give.

So why did God not provide him the avenue and opportunity to raise the money to be given to one scammer of a pastor. So people without cash should not go seek companionship and friendship in church. You guys are terrible, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by erico2k2(m): 11:15am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:
That your friend is not serious.
Whether cash or no cash, you should go and serve your God. Don't use flimsy excuses to miss service.

Nobody will challenge you if you don't drop offering. So go!
Are toy serious?nobody will challenge U?can U imagine if the church makes no money om a sunday?do U think it will open nxt sunday?
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Feb 05, 2023
hardbody:

So why did God not provide him the avenue and opportunity to raise the money to be given to one scammer of a pastor. So people without cash should not go seek companionship and friendship in church. You guys are terrible, I swear.
very terrible.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Menclothing: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2023
I did transfer today in church
Even if my App no work will still go church
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by hardbody: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2023
frozen70:

I don't subscribe to this
One have to go yo church unless you don't fell like

Not having offering money is not an excuse for not going to church because the most important thing is your heart and your relationship with God

But on Monday, he will go to work, so where did he get that money from

You people should not let some us start insulting your god. My employer understands how bad the economy is, no fuel, no money, etc. so he allows me log on and work from home but your god insists i must come to church and give money to my fellow man who claims he is a man of god and was called by him. Africans, we are big time enemies of ourselves and sycophants going above and beyond the white man's invention.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Japastic: 11:20am On Feb 05, 2023
That's not an excuse at all
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:

If you can afford to live in an estate, you should be able to afford an Uber and pay with transfer.

Are you sure you live in the same Nigeria with the rest of us?

Are you aware that almost all bank transfers have been dead since Friday? Do you even know how hard it is to get Uber this very weekend cause most drivers don't have access to fuel to ply their trade?

I'm trying to paint the exact picture behind the reason I'm currently sprawled on my couch in front of the tv, instead of being in church.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2023
Buddha3:

Are you sure you live in the same Nigeria with the rest of us?

Are you aware that almost all bank transfers have been dead since Friday? Do you even know how hard it is to get Uber this very weekend cause most drivers don't have access to fuel to ply their trade?

I'm trying to paint the exact picture behind the reason I'm currently sprawled on my couch in front of the tv, instead of being in church.

Ok. enjoy.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by MumEmdy(f): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:
Whether cash or no cash, you should go and serve your God. Don't use flimsy excuses to miss service.

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by siofra(f): 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
VeryWickedSimp:
I'm going to church tomorrow to withdraw old and new notes from the offering box.

Between you and DaddyCK, I don't know who's more foolish undecided
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by hosemujica: 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

PS: I am not a Christain. I consider it foolish to serve a God that needs money for anything. I see any self acclaimed "almighty God" that needs money for anything as a being lesser than mere humans beings.

A God that is worth serving is an all sufficient God that doesn't and cannot need money for anything or to do any work.
Ho-Ha!
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
Modestanewsreel:

Though his reasons are wrong, but "not going to church" is not the same as "not serving God". I know religion has been ingrained in people from when they were kids (or through mass media etc), but those 2 expressions are not the same.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by ogascomax: 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2023
JustANairlander:
So I have this friend of mine, that invited me to the church I am attending right now

Normally I don't go to church regularly, and when I do, it's mostly crossover night

To cut the long story short, this guy invited me to his church for crossover in which I attended. I kinda like the church programme and I decided that I'm going to start going to church regularly this year. I started sunday service with them since the second sunday of last month

But last sunday, I couldn't find my guy in church, I called him after service and asked why, he simply said he was cashless and he can't come to church without offering, I simply said okay.

Today I chatted him up again, he said it's under maybe, if he will come to church tomorrow because of offering (naira scarcity)

Kndly push this to front page for more participation

This is the reason why some churches have gone into mobile banking for payment because if you don't have physical cash you may do transfer or whatever.
But whether you should skip church be cause you don't have offering or even transport it's wrong. In serving God it's not always rosy so there is the sacrifice part where you will have to trek to church sometimes. When it comes to offering especially this period when you know that it's beyond your power to get money for offering you can take note of what you want to give and write it down and pay it when things becomes normal. Always plan your offering during the week and endure some certain things for the sake of given to the Lord an offering. Those that served idols don't complain but it's only God children that do complain because of his mercies.

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by am4truth(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Righthussle:

PS: I am not a Christain. I consider it foolish to serve a God that needs money for anything. I see any self acclaimed "almighty God" that needs money for anything as a joke.

A God that is worth serving is an all sufficient God that doesn't and cannot need money for anything or to do any work.

May God open your eyes.
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by frozen70(f): 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
hardbody:

You people should not let some us start insulting your god. My employer understands how bad the economy is, no fuel, no money, etc. so he allows me log on and work from home but your god insists i must come to church and give money to my fellow man who claims he is a man of god and was called by him. Africans, we are big time enemies of ourselves and sycophants going above and beyond the white man's invention.

I never knew that you go to church to worship small god
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by CartelKenneth: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2023
Antoeni:
A Man Who Drinks a Very Cold Beer And Say The Truth is Far Better Than The Man Who Drinks Anointing Oil And Lie, Know This And Have Peace .
Happy Sunday

This quote should be published on G cheesy

1 Like

Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by GoldenGTV(m): 1:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
derecho:
So you believed his Tinubu inspired lies?
All these narratives are to whip up sentiments.
Have you asked yourself why this made FP despite few comments when there are tons of topical Christian issues?
Tinubu is trying in vain to validate the scrapping of the deadline so he could buy votes

These are Muslim BATstards feigning to be interested in Church matters.

What Tinubu doesn't know is that Nigerians are wiser now.

How does this topic in question, pertain to Tinubu or Obi?
Re: Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? by hardbody: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
frozen70:

I never knew that you go to church to worship small god

That does not speak to the issue at hand. Address the subject matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible / Eternal Security : A Believer's Assurance Of Salvation - Ralph Yankee Arnold / On Masturbation...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.