Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers (3462 Views)

Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / When You See Your Pastor As God...the Late T.B Joshua Built A Mosque? / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by stevo123(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2023
I was reading my Bible and I come across this bible verse. I ask so many pastor to explain this verse but all are just saying something else, cause the bible verse was very specific. I guess because it doesn't align with there believe.... But the bible can't be lying na...

John: 5 vs 26-29.

26,For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27,And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28,Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29,And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

If this verse is saying the dead will raise again to face judgement. Then why are they preaching that once a man dies he is going to face judgement. Those that mean there is going to be two judgement?...
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by muyico(m): 11:35am On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:
I was reading my Bible and I come across this bible verse. I ask so many pastor to explain this verse but all are just saying something else, cause the bible verse was very specific. I guess because it doesn't align with there believe.... But the bible can't be lying na...

27,And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

29,And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

If this verse is saying the dead will raise again to face judgement. Then why are they preaching that once a man dies he is going to face judgement. Those that mean there is going to be two judgement?...
I hope u read lazarus stry? Isnt proverb is wot rilly happened! But after death and resurrection of christ evrytin change! No immediate judgement! Even d hell turn to lake of fire,revealation 21:8
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Naira20: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2023
As much as you don't need any pastor to explain the scriptures to you, it's baseless to stop going to church because a man like you couldn't explain the Bible to you.

I often ask those who waste time abusing G.Os, why can't you be a G.O?If it was consecration, why can't you consecrate yourself too?

Except you've been "banned" from being used by God, don't waste your time talking about Pastors, you should be an example of what they should be.

Concerning your confusion, first go and understand the meaning of final judgement

Real spiritual growth happen in the secret place NOT Nairaland.

Nairaland na playground and for argument.

No serious Bible student seeks knowledge this way

stevo123:

26,For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

28,Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

17 Likes

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by stevo123(m): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2023
Naira20:
As much as you don't need any pastor to explain the scriptures to you, it's baseless to stop going to church because a man like you couldn't explain the Bible to you.

I often ask those who waste time abusing G.Os, why can't you be a G.O?If it was consecration, why can't you consecrate yourself too?

Except you've been "banned" from being used by God, don't waste your time talking about Pastors, you should be an example of what they should be.

Concerning your confusion, first go and understand the meaning of final judgement

Are you trying to tell me that there is a judgement that is not final? Are you saying there is two types of judgement?

2 Likes

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Naira20: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2023
I haven't said anything other than read and study your Bible yourself.

There's a popular Chinese proverb that says

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

stevo123:

Are you trying to tell me that there is a judgement that is not final? Are you saying there is two types of judgement?

5 Likes

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Image123(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

You're really a naira marley boy. So because you didn't get answer to a question, you stopped church, dey play. You are doing yourself and yourself.
When a sinner dies, he goes to hell which is like police cell. On the final day of judgment, he goes to hell fire, which is like prison.

4 Likes

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Steep: 11:59am On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

Once a man dies his judgment is fixed.

Just like when police arrest someone, he is first detained before being arraigned in court.
Hell is like a detention before being arraigned before the great white throne.

4 Likes

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Madups(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

If this verse is saying the dead will raise again to face judgement. Then why are they preaching that once a man dies he is going to face judgement.
oga! Stop using bible verse to cover up. Your mind is made up period.

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by stevo123(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
Steep:

Just like when police arrest someone, he is first detained before being arraigned in court.

��.. this your own strong oooo. First time I'm hearing this ��

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by chaarly(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hell or hades, paradise/heaven is a waiting place.
There’ll come a time when everyone will be judged & rewarded accordingly. Then death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Rexymania(m): 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
OP na you get time dey read bible

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Eviana(f): 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Steep:

The first bolded sentence says it all.
I agree with that.

To the OP/Stevo123, if you've been to every, single pastor in Nigeria, then it's time to sit down, pray sincerely for the Holy Spirit to guide YOU to the answer in HIS word.
He can answer you.
Please don't use the excuse of "men not answering you" for not desiring church. You stopped going to church because you don't want to go to church--be truthful.
Seek Christ first.....then other things will fall into place.
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by lereinter(m): 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Naira20:

Kudos bro

Oil dey your head. More Grace
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by lereinter(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nothing confusing, there's no pastor that will not explain your question, na you no dey satisfied

You can pray to the Holy spirit to tell you.

Or

you will get the answer when you reach heaven.

Read the book

Bema - the judgement sit of God
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
So because your lecturer can't explain a topic you will stop going to school. So many stupid people in this site.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by traihit: 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Naira20:

You shouldn't pay attention to people like him.

The Bible wasn't written by any pastor and most times, people interpret the bible based on their own inspiration.

If that op sit down to read the entire bible in one year, he will have an answer to all his questions.

Christianity isn't for lazy people who can only ask questions to decide whether they want to follow Jesus or not, Christianity is for sincere seekers of God. The type referred to when Jesus said "seek and ye shall find"

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Abujahouseman: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
I’m going to tell you two words
Know God
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

■ If this verse is saying the dead will raise again to face judgement. Then why are they preaching that once a man dies he is going to face judgement. Those that mean there is going to be two judgement?...
First of all, if you love your self, abandon Churchian and the religion that of men. And focus instead on learning directly from God instead. Yes, you read and ask God directly for answers , this as you obey His teachings and commandments and He will answer you. undecided

1. According to the Gospel, all those who are born-again, obtain eternal life as they also enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21 - through either of the Broad gate which leads to destruction(hell fire) or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. This means that all those who will end up even in Hell are born-again and have eternal life. But what about those who never believed in God? Well, they do not have eternal life and as a result they perish in the grave when they die - from dust they were born and to dust they return - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 20 . So once unbelievers die, they cease to exist meaning their mind, soul, and body becomes nothing but dust again. There is nothing of them to resurrect. undecided

Now, when will judgement take place for those who are eternal, those who remain in their graves even after dying? Well, Jesus Christ made it clear in His teachings from over 2000 years ago that when He returns He will judge them. And only after He has judged then will they gain access to either of Heaven and or Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29. So as we speak, there is no human soul in both Heaven and in Hell. undecided

There is only one judgement day and it is the day of judgement for all those who are born-again. undecided

So, again, flee the churches of men as they annex the Broad gate that leads to destruction. lipsrsealed
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Naira20:
■ As much as you don't need any pastor to explain the scriptures to you, it's baseless to stop going to church because a man like you couldn't explain the Bible to you. I often ask those who waste time abusing G.Os, why can't you be a G.O?If it was consecration, why can't you consecrate yourself too?

■Except you've been "banned" from being used by God, don't waste your time talking about Pastors, you should be an example of what they should be. Concerning your confusion, first go and understand the meaning of final judgement Real spiritual growth happen in the secret place NOT Nairaland. Nairaland na playground and for argument.
No serious Bible student seeks knowledge this way.
1. Stop blabbering! undecided

2. You don't know the answer to the question he asked at all that is why, rather than give him a direct answer, you went on the defensive. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:
Don't mind him. For all those who are born-again, there is only one judgement, just as Jesus Christ said. undecided

All other ideas are born of the delusions -- doctrines and traditions-- of men( and their churches). undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
Naira20:
I haven't said anything other than read and study your Bible yourself. There's a popular Chinese proverb that saysWhen the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Typical churchian! Attack rather than answer. grin
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by FahBuLous: 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
There is nothing like Hell...
There is nothing like judging a person and sending them to hell...

Reincarnation is real....

Believe in it.

1 Like

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:
��.. this your own strong oooo. First time I'm hearing this ��
He is wrong! There is no detention in the Kingdom of God.

All those who die after being born-again --- even Peter, Paul, Philips, John, Andrew, Lazarus, and all the other first Christians--- are still in their graves as we speak, waiting for Jesus Christ to return and raise them from the dead and then judge all together.. undecided

Turns out there is also one resurrection. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
lereinter:
Nothing confusing, there's no pastor that will not explain your question, na you no dey satisfied. You can pray to the Holy spirit to tell you. Or you will get the answer when you reach heaven.

Read the book
Bema - the judgement sit of God
You don't know the answer to the question He asked, do you? undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
traihit:
■ You shouldn't pay attention to people like him. The Bible wasn't written by any pastor and most times, people interpret the bible based on their own inspiration. If that op sit down to read the entire bible in one year, he will have an answer to all his questions.
■ Christianity isn't for lazy people who can only ask questions to decide whether they want to follow Jesus or not, Christianity is for sincere seekers of God. The type referred to when Jesus said "seek and ye shall find"
1. You don't know the answer to the question he asked, is that why you are in with those deflecting? undecided

2. It isn't for lazy people yet what you churchians show here is your lazy approach to tackling the serious questions asked you is to attack the one asking. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
The judgment Paul talked about totally differs from what most Bible readers are thinking but if you truthfully want to know you and i can check the answer in your own copy of God's word.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, will you like to search for the answer in your own Bible? smiley

stevo123:

Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by jeromestarks: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

That's the judgment day in bold.

Listen son, in the end of days, the devil will reign for 3 1/2 years. After his reign, Jesus will come and establish paradise here on earth.
It is this time that He talked about that all those who did good will hear his voice from grave and live.
While those who did evil plus those who followed devil during his reign will resurrect to condemnation.

Just in case you lack understanding. Read this.

Let's say your brother, Mark does good and you're bent on doing evil.

If the judgment day came on 23/01/2023 and you died on 10/01/2023, you're already in hell by now.
Let's now say your brother died on 11/01/23, he is already in heaven by now.

Now came rapture on 20/01/2023, good people will be raptured and bad guys will be on earth here waiting for the devil (their new ruler). This is the judgment for those who are alive to see the judgment day.

After the time of devil, Jesus will defeat him and establish paradise here on earth with His people (good guys) both living (those who didn't follow devil during his reign) and dead (those who died doing good).

Summary:
Judgment for those who died before rapture
And

Judgment for those who are alive when rapture came.
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Novemberaura(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
Make believe
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Eviana(f): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
stevo123:

Although I meant what I posted earlier, you may actually be sincere, so I'd like to comment.
Please be aware that I'm neither a pastor nor a man.
Just someone who loves the Lord and desires understanding of His Word.

There will be (2) resurrections so to speak:

The first group comprises those that have died in Christ and who will be resurrected to meet the Lord in the sky.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV)
16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, dnd with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

The second group--those that died without accepting Christ, will be resurrected to receive their consequence- damnation. Their judgment won't take place until the end of the 1000 years....

Please prayerfully read in the book of Revelation chapters 19 AND 20 in their entirety. They deal with the resurrection/2nd death and consequence of those who rejected Christ.

Judgement (meaning people's evaluated lives), has already occurred by the time a person dies, meaning no "do-over's". How one has lived and chosen to serve has been evaluated.
The resurrections are the rewards/consequences of people's choices.

This delves into a whole other topic pertaining to what happens to a person when he/she immediately dies. No one goes immediately to Heaven or hellfire.
The Word of God states that the dead "know nothing."
That they are "asleep in the graves" until His second coming--final return.

1Thessalonians 4:13-14 (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren,concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them which also sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

When one understands that the dead are in their graves--even until now (except for Enoch, Elijah etc.)-- then perhaps a clearer understanding of John--concerning Christ' second return and rewards/punishments will take place.
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by BlackMan6969(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
Go join islam
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
jeromestarks:
■ That's the judgment day in bold. Listen son, in the end of days, the devil will reign for 3 1/2 years. After his reign, Jesus will come and establish paradise here on earth. It is this time that He talked about that all those who did good will hear his voice from grave and live. While those who did evil plus those who followed devil during his reign will resurrect to condemnation.
■ Just in case you lack understanding. Read this.
Let's say your brother, Mark does good and you're bent on doing evil. If the judgment day came on 23/01/2023 and you died on 10/01/2023, you're already in hell by now. Let's now say your brother died on 11/01/23, he is already in heaven by now.
Now came rapture on 20/01/2023, good people will be raptured and bad guys will be on earth here waiting for the devil (their new ruler). This is the judgment for those who are alive to see the judgment day.
■ After the time of devil, Jesus will defeat him and establish paradise here on earth with His people (good guys) both living (those who didn't follow devil during his reign) and dead (those who died doing good).
■Summary: Judgment for those who died before rapture And Judgment for those who are alive when rapture came.
1. What you claim here is not scriptural. undecided

2. Again, all what you claim here has no bearing in scripture. undecided

3. Again, all of this has no bearing in scripture. lipsrsealed

4. CONCLUSION is instead that all what you believe are born of delusions and not actual knowledge of the Gospel and Truth of God.. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers by petra1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Image123:

You're really a naira marley boy. So because you didn't get answer to a question, you stopped church, dey play. You are doing yourself and yourself.
When a sinner dies, he goes to hell which is like police cell. On the final day of judgment, he goes to hell fire, which is like prison.

The final end of the wicked is not hell fire but Lake of fire

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Take Religion More Seriously Than The Practitioners? / Today Is Ascension / Why You Should Pay Your Tithe Only Once In Three Years: Biblical Perspective…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.