Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks (618 Views)

Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Dispense New Notes Or I'll Revoke Your Land - Governor Zulum Slams Banks / Ogun APC Warns Banks Against Granting Amosun’s Last-minute Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by bonechamberlain(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2023
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, has directed banks to dispense new naira notes via Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and banking halls or risk losing their lands to the state government.

Zulum gave the warning after visiting branches of banks in Maiduguri the state capital, to assess problems being faced by residents trying to access new naira notes.

[/b]“Any bank in Borno State that is not willing to ensure their ATMs are fully dispensing new naira notes cash to ease the suffering of our people, we will withdraw their land title immediately. We will only spare Banks with genuine constraints that are verifiable” Zulum said.

Before that declaration, Zulum said he was unhappy when he saw hundreds of people queued at a bank’s branch, with only one out of 10 ATMs dispensing cash.[b]

[/b]“As you can see here, only less privileged people are queued up. I didn’t see rich people here. Many people are said to be here since 3:00 am, some could not even eat anything. The new naira note and even the old ones are not available and that is adversely affecting commercial activities in the state and people are suffering” Zulum said as he sympathize with people in queues.[b]

[/b]The Governor said further: “We just released salaries of about 5 billion naira and the banks don’t have money, some of the ATMs are not working. We don’t have any problem with the CBN policy or the withdrawal limit, they said individuals can only withdraw N20,000, but why can’t everyone have access to that N20,000?” he said.[b]

“Yesterday I was in Gubio with a population of over 70,000 people but it was impossible to source N100,000 in the entire local government, neither of the new note nor the old notes. A ram that is worth N100,000 is now being sold for N35,000 because people are desperate for cash, and some wicked rich people are going to rural areas to exploit poor people” Zulum noted.

The Governor urged the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to ensure the availability of new notes at commercial banks for people to access their money.

“Right now in Borno State, I have visited more than ten ATMs and there’s no cash” Zulum said.

https://dailytrust.com/dispense-new-naira-notes-or-i-revoke-your-land-zulum-warns-banks/

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by triple996(m): 8:09pm On Feb 04, 2023
Nigerians are horrible people
4rm politicians to bankers to masses cry

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by oyin44: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
Emefiele will never do well ..l swear

If not for tinubu who first voice out his thought.....

this looming depression Crisis would have caught us by surprise...

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by aycapri(m): 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Something is wrong somewhere, cos this statement sounds like the banks have the new notes but they want to give it out. Abii, is it only me that is seeing this way
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Redoil: 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Clownish and horrible politicians

Are they the central bank giving directives
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Light78: 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Even bankers and the security guards at banks are wicked.

After they had all withdrawn, the ATM stopped dispensing cash.

They helped people who just came in to withdraw, leaving people who came since 7 am still queued up.

The country is bastardized.

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Sunnymatey(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
This is the kind of rascality we need in government.
Someone that will always fight for the interest of the poor masses.

You've all seen what APC got to offer at the center (Next Level), the one pushing to succeed him is more daring.

If you like, vote APC at the center again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by bonechamberlain(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
I have said it countless times, Bankers are the problem. Making money from people's sufferings angry

Even the Prof has confirmed it, he even said it he is not against the policy. One of the sensible persons in APC.
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Badabada(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
Lets brace up guys, the coming days will be tough, chaos and riot might break out nation wide if nothing is done this coming week.

There is suffering in the land and people are living in anguish.
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by searchng4love: 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2023
Prof Zulum a BATified governor of repute and a legacy of Kassim Shettima

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by searchng4love: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2023
Sunnymatey:
This is the kind of rascality in need in government.
Exactly what Tinubu brings to the table
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by bonechamberlain(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
With all the happenings in this past few weeks, it is obvious there is no redemption for Nigeria. Nigeria cannot work under any democratic government. Democracy has failed in Nigeria.

Democracy should have provided us with the right leaders and a working society, but Nigeria's democracy dishes out the worst from of leaders and citizens while the reasonable ones are rejected. It is a corrupt and dirty society, akin to the age of bastards. angry
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Houstency(m): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
Fellow Nigerians do not be deceived!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by searchng4love: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2023
Houstency:
Fellow Nigerians do not be deceived!
Better stop listening to that sad depressed individual. For your own mental health

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Houstency(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2023
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Sunnymatey(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2023
searchng4love:

Exactly what Tinubu brings to the table
why mention that name in my post?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by LegendHero(m): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
Sunnymatey:
This is the kind of rascality we need in government.

You've all seen what APC got to offer at the center (Next Level), the one pushing to succeed him is more daring.

If you like, vote APC at the center again.

You are confusing yourself. Is Zulum not APC?

For me I am voting candidate and not party. Even if Tinubu go to NRP, I will vote him.

You can’t hang Jagaban with the mistake of the people controlling the presidency currently who are purposely making life hard.

Even Jagaban and ALL Northern governors don speak up against this nonsense policy of naira and fuel scarcity that some few cabal created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by ThinkSmarter: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2023
the forces of darkness will bow by next week

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by BATified2023: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
Sunnymatey:
why mention that name in my post?

tinubu will win

U igbos can go to hell
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by OfoIgbo: 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2023
oyin44:
Emefiele will never do well ..l swear

If not for tinubu who first voice out his thought.....

this looming depression Crisis would have caught us by surprise...

Since Emefiele came up with this policy,.no bullion vans have missed their roads to Tinubu's house.

Emefiele just has to ensure more cash is made available to the general public.

Meanwhile, Obidients should vote out APC for this massive economic hardship.

25th Feb can't come fast enough grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Opintiwa: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
BATified2023:
tinubu will win

U igbos can go to hell

No way for Gbegiri and cocaine combo

1 Like

Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by BATified2023: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
Houstency:

Any day any time, I would gladly listen him than any dubious and demented Nigerian politician or their miserable supporters!
the same man that did d wrong thing by following brt lane n still threatening to call d governor

Don’t u think he will do worse if he has more power?
Re: Dispense New Naira Notes Or I Revoke Your Land, Zulum Warns Banks by Opintiwa: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
BATified2023:
the same man that did d wrong thing by following brt lane n still threatening to call d governor

Don’t u think he will do worse if he has more power?

Urchins have nothing to preach

Prepare to be disgraced this month

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I actually pity Tinubu for the first time after watching this video / Things You Can Do With Old N1000 And N500 / We Didn't Ask Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.