Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean (66892 Views)

US Shoots Down Another High-altitude Object Flying Across Alaska / La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / US Shoots Down ICBM In Space From Warship For First Time In Successful Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by generalwo(m): 7:16am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.
...... E pain me for you Sha....
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by blabulu2000: 7:17am On Feb 05, 2023
The balloon that came all the way from China and enter into your country through your border that you didn't know...you then caryg war plane to shoot it down....to me, I think china is testing the mic..anf by the time they will decend on the almighty US and Uk...I can't believe this. Not until I saw the video

China is seriously testing the strength of US. And so many data could have been collected ....someone somewhere responsible for this suppose to be fired ...and replace with some better than.him.or her immediately
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by generalwo(m): 7:17am On Feb 05, 2023
Chinko go just dey look for trouble... Anyway as USA don shoot down the Ballon, China suppose respond.... If them get mind, make them do anyhow
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by generalwo(m): 7:19am On Feb 05, 2023
Emu4life:

Most Countries are only allies to US to avoid getting bullied. The United States have but very few true Friends.
They have made so many foes/adversaries because of thier reckless foreign policy of invading weaker sovereign Nations at will.
It's not about religion.
Are Cubans, Venezuelans, Vietnamese etc Muslims??
..... U no talk about Russia invading Ukraine Sha...
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by ZombieSlayer1: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2023
sketcherJ:
lol see this one, the United States will decimate Chinese forces in minutes
The way you guys open mouth to spew crap is very funny. You think real life is American movie? If China was as weak as you make them seem, I'm sure you know the US of A would've invaded them under one stupid pretext or another the way they've been doing other countries
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by generalwo(m): 7:20am On Feb 05, 2023
vastolord4:
Now look! They want to mount a base in another persons backyard but can't allow a balloon float in peace in their territory... irony of life
..... Did they mount a base in China? What if the balloon was indeed a spy equipment.... So because they don't want to be in your bad books, they should allow other enemy countries spy on them.... Abeg gettat
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by BigCowHornn: 7:22am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
After all data have been collected and sent to Beijing. Americans are clowns. The overhyped US. Tranny military won't last 30mins in a war with China.

Shebi reading is a taboo in your family.

The article says the US were worried about shooting it down over land which would have caused casualties. They didn't want it to fall and hurt people so waited till it was over the ocean
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Krak(m): 7:22am On Feb 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

A president that is wise enough to be power drunk over his title of Commander in Chief to go against the advice of people who are experts in American defense and intelligence. Biden isn’t a narc like some of the African leaders, making hasty decisions that are like cyanide for the citizens and the country.

If you know what really goes on in the Oval Office during deliberations, you won't talk like this. Go and try find out what happens you will discover that military chiefs usually have opposite opinions and it is left to the president to accept whichever opinion he wants.

My opinion still stands a out Biden on this particular issue, though he is my man, we cannot always agree. I believe he should have shot down the balloon be fore it enters the US airspace.

USA should have detected it long before it enters their territory and appropriate actions should have been taken. Inaction on this issue shows a weakness in their defence. Next time it won't be a harmless balloon that will enter, it might be something much more sinister.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by generalwo(m): 7:22am On Feb 05, 2023
uncleck:
When is WW3 starting? Civilization need to be destroyed so every part of the world will have equal opportunity to develop
.... Even in the next world, Nigeria will still be like this
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by LastProphet: 7:24am On Feb 05, 2023
Emu4life:

Most Countries are only allies to US to avoid getting bullied. The United States have but very few true Friends.
They have made so many foes/adversaries because of thier reckless foreign policy of invading weaker sovereign Nations at will.
It's not about religion.
Are Cubans, Venezuelans, Vietnamese etc Muslims??

Funny enough it's still the same world that call US a bully that cry out whenever they call US to intervene in a country and the US refuses. That's the irony of life. When somalia was burning and the US took their time there was a global outcry that the US did not mobilize quick enough because somalia did not have oil blah blah blah. That's the irony of life, I blame Americans for not learning how to mind their business
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Krak(m): 7:25am On Feb 05, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Shebi reading is a taboo in your family.

The article says the US were worried about shooting it down over land which would have caused casualties. They didn't want it to fall and hurt people so waited till it was over the ocean

I believe there is something they are not telling us. The balloon flew over places where there were no humans for hundreds of miles. A USA government spokesman was asked why they did not bring it down over uninhabited territory and he had no answer.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by southpole: 7:25am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
Shooting it down will stop further data collection
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by madjune(m): 7:25am On Feb 05, 2023
The Chinese are sharp and ahead.

As soon as US spotted the balloon, they quickly sent a back up balloon over South America and it backed up the survellied data from the one on US skies before it got shot down.

The second Balloon is the one that got away.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by ZombieSlayer1: 7:33am On Feb 05, 2023
izubext007:
China wan show Thier small self with us , they should go and ask zenlesky
UncommonLogic:
Yeahp, we shot it down. China messed up big time.
The US will now go through the whole mechanism and technology on the spy balloon.
CoronaVirusRelo:

Stop smoking Marijuana!

You talking about the greatest nation in the universe!
prof22:
China is a useless country ..all they do is create problem and they most times dont have solution....Corvid 19 started their they lost control of it...How will your spy balloon cross into another country space and you are apologising for it.

What evidence do they have that the balloon was deployed by the Chinese?

Why would the Chinese have to deploy a balloon when they have high-resolution satellites that can give them images of the US mainland?

The US has one of the most heavily-monitored airspace in the world so how come they didn't detect something as massive as this balloon before it entered their airspace? A commercial airliner is usually around 34k feet in length and flies at around 60k ft but when it's up in the sky it looks very tiny. This balloon is flying at 90k ft and is easily visible which means it must've been massive.

You guys should learn to think critically before believing anything the media throws at you. The US has always been doing their best to demonize China, and they seem to be doing a darn good job at it
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Orire01(m): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2023
chaseblack:

How much for the cheapest , I need one for my thesis write up.

Good Morning mini laptop for 50k

We can talk more on WhatsApp though

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Orire01(m): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2023
CaptMarvel:
OK cool. I'll need one soon

Alright

Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SaiOba: 7:37am On Feb 05, 2023
Atleast they saw it and shot it down in the Atlantic Ocean..

If Na your country, una NO go see am, even if una cum see am , the missle wey una go use to shoot am go still go kill people wey dey IDP camp.
Una go still burst the Ballon for residential area so that if e carry poisonous stuff , people wey dey there go inhale am.
SMH..
Nonsense And Vegetables
useni1:
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by useni1: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2023
SaiOba:
Atleast they saw it and shot it down in the Atlantic Ocean..

If Na your country, una NO go see am, even if una cum see am , the missle wey una go use to shoot am go still go kill people wey dey IDP camp.
Una go still burst the Ballon for residential area so that if e carry poisonous stuff , people wey dey there go inhale am.
SMH..
Nonsense And Vegetables
slave always defending their master. Is this how u intend to die?
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by ZombieSlayer1: 7:41am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:
University don finish this one. Going to university is a cardinal sin. It dumbs you completely
Please I schooled in several universities and I'm not dumb like that guy
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by useni1: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2023
Robinmido:
And in your widest imagination (probably after watching thier movies) you believe they could beat the Americans. No one knew of MOAB until it was dropped in Afghanistan in 2017. That's a killing device that was developed in area 52. They will admit that they are way beyond others but the truth of the matter is that none of them are bigger than the Americans in terms of military
after dropping bullshit MOAB they still got their ass whopped by goat herders in Afghanistan. America is a dog
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Encyclopedia1: 7:43am On Feb 05, 2023
Antiochus:
China said it was a baloon that monitors weather that strayed into U.S. There are other ways of spying out a country from the outer space with powerful satellites a capability China and other world powers possess. I'll wait for U.S to retrieve the baloon and satellite attached to it and analyse to know if it was a spy satellite.
You don too watch James Bond. Powerful Satellites ko, wonderful microscope ni.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by useni1: 7:43am On Feb 05, 2023
SaLongs1:
your entire generation will die of hatred
I am dead already this is my spirit tormenting you. I will torment you till Eternity
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Microwhy: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2023
SweetSauce:

I still don't get the reason for the 8 you Muslims have towards America. angry
Funny enough, China nor send una religion.
Glad to know that Uju is not a Muslim.
2pac was asked to feature in a movie as a gangster Muslim but decline saying nothing of such exist.
In the 90s Islam is the most respectable and honoured religion among youth and the old even in the Western countries and that became a threat.
The tone of your words (You Muslims) shows how much you've filled your head consciously/subconsciously with what the US exactly want you to know and feel about Islam.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by prof22(m): 7:47am On Feb 05, 2023
Did you just asked the first question? "What evidence do they have that the ballon was deployed by the Chinese? And you still want us to think critically grin boss you are a critical being angry FYI The Chinese government had a press briefing where they acknowledged it and even apologised...go online and check. Verify it critically and get back critically
ZombieSlayer1:

Why would the Chinese have to deploy a balloon when they have high-resolution satellites that can give them images of the US mainland?

The US has one of the most heavily-monitored airspace in the world so how come they didn't detect something as massive as this balloon before it entered their airspace? A commercial airliner is usually around 34k feet in length and flies at around 60k ft but when it's up in the sky it looks very tiny. This balloon is flying at 90k ft and is easily visible which means it must've been massive.

You guys should learn to think critically before believing anything the media throws at you. The US has always been doing their best to demonize China, and they seem to be doing a darn good job at it
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

Can you afford a TV with cable subscription?

You should be able to answer those questions if you can!

It’s not hidden!
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Microwhy: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2023
Krak:

If you know what really goes on in the Oval Office during deliberations, you won't talk like this. Go and try find out what happens you will discover that military chiefs usually have opposite opinions and it is left to the president to accept whichever opinion he wants.

My opinion still stands a out Biden on this particular issue, though he is my man, we cannot always agree. I believe he should have shot down the balloon be fore it enters the US airspace.

USA should have detected it long before it enters their territory and appropriate actions should have been taken. Inaction on this issue shows a weakness in their defence. Next time it won't be a harmless balloon that will enter, it might be something much more sinister.
You started coherently but later show how little you know about boundary and military.
How can Biden shoot down the balloon before it enters US airspace.
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by shopwiser: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2023
Antiochus:
China said it was a baloon that monitors weather that strayed into U.S. There are other ways of spying out a country from the outer space with powerful satellites a capability China and other world powers possess. I'll wait for U.S to retrieve the baloon and satellite attached to it and analyse to know if it was a spy satellite.
it might not be spy Baloon but a baloon containing virus and diseases was why US didn't shoot it on their soil but controlled it to the Atlantic Ocean then shot it down.. its common sense.. at this point do not trust china.. especially after covid and other viruses that broke out
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by muyico(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2023
new laptop or fairly use?
Orire01:
shocked

I still sell super-clean affordable laptops with warranty, free delivery and Pay on delivery
Details on Signature
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by Mpanyi: 8:01am On Feb 05, 2023
useni1:

Unfortunately your obvious hatred for the US doesn't not have any bearing on what they are. Again, I know if Chinese and US visas are placed before you, you will dive to get US visa
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SaiOba: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2023
Thanks ojare.. This is exactly what I told that f@g up there but instead he chose to attack the messenger with his dumb sense of reasoning.
shopwiser:
it might not be spy Baloon but a baloon containing virus and diseases was why US didn't shoot it on their soil but controlled it to the Atlantic Ocean then shot it down.. its common sense.. at this point do not trust china.. especially after covid and other viruses that broke out
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by SaiOba: 8:04am On Feb 05, 2023
Gbamsolutely! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Mpanyi:

Unfortunately your obvious hatred for the US doesn't not have any bearing on what they are. Again, I know if Chinese and US visas are placed before you, you will dive to get US visa
Re: US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean by jswitch(m): 8:07am On Feb 05, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

Nawa oooo..... The Chinese government themselves have accepted that the balloon belongs to them, and have apologized to the USA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Corpses Pile Up In Mykolaiv Morgue, Ukraine (Pictures) / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures) / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.