Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents (5005 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents / Nigerian Made Female Celebs And Crossing Of Legs In Pics - Give us A Break Pls / Nigerian Celebs And Six Pack Abs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:36am On Nov 13, 2009
well after watching some movies recently i would have to say that some of them speak very good in their "fake" accents and others are just flat out fake!!
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by sjeezy8: 4:41am On Nov 13, 2009
jim ikye really sounds like that in person d guy was tryin to toast my sister it looked soooo pittyful he should stick to igbo or broken english
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:42am On Nov 13, 2009
ld.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by SeanT21(f): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2009
Hank Anugu(?) is so freaking annoying.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by oolateju: 11:09am On Nov 13, 2009
Seems you all have forgotten that acting in itself is fake so it is permissible for the accent to be fake. You cant be acting the role of a rich kid just come back from London and be speaking english like you are born and bred in onitsha. shocked

What is not allowed is faking accent in real life. That is gross.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by No2Atheism(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2009
SeanT21:

Hank Anugu(?) is so freaking annoying.

Sean T21  . . . i think you can't do without nigerians i am almost sure that you would marry one.

grin grin grin grin

@The-Amaka
Now you see why i said you are going to turn Egbons on nairaland into peados . . . so abeg save Egbons from FBI and stop flirting with Egbons.

@Topic

Fake accents are just so annoying . . . i sometimes use to do that but . . . in reality, i always make sure that people know that I am Black and proud to be a nigerian. I am grateful for my ability to switch from "Getto Accent", to "Lagos Accent" to "University Professor Accent" . . . .

I proudly display my Africanness whenever possible . . . I sometimes catch ladies  grin grin grin peeking at me as i pass by . . .  grin grin grin . . . but i don't care . . . they can look but can't touch.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by semid(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ehen, ehen! Us wey no get getto accent, Lagos accent or University professor accent, God go help us.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

@The-Amaka
Now you see why i said you are going to turn Egbons on nairaland into peados . . . so abeg save Egbons from FBI and stop flirting with Egbons.

what flirting am i doing here on this thread?

anyway @ topic
some people need to differentiate fake accents from real accents.
just because one doesnt sound exactly like a posh british person doesnt mean they are faking their accent or what not, maybe they just speak their english like that. another others dont.

oolateju:

Seems you all have forgotten that acting in itself is fake so it is permissible for the accent to be fake. You cant be acting the role of a rich kid just come back from London and be speaking english like you are born and bred in onitsha. shocked

and what is that Onitsha comment? what is wrong with the way some people speak their english? they are not Brits, so dont really expect them to sound like one. they have their own languages so i dont expect their english to be "posh" in sound.
na wa for you ooooo.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by sexyZee(f): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
stephanie okereke pls learn from tonto dinke. so real
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by oolateju: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ The Amaka

Hello, first time our path will be crossing.
Nice to meet you
and Na wa for you too o. Are you from onitsha or wats the P about? I'm just making a general statement and trying to make an example with a place that has thick accent so stop giving literal meaning to what is not.

I hate people picking on me and i'm sure you dont want to do that. cheers
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
sexyZee:

stephanie okereke pls learn from tonto dinke. so real
learn from Tonto Dike?
i think you need to watch the movie "Emerald" and this one movie she did with Chika Ike
and then compare them to "Reloaded" and such.
OMG!!! there has been so many times that tonto has mispronounced words and said them soooo wrong.
stephanie's english is pretty good and she doesnt seem to have a "fake" accent. i like the way she speaks.
tonto on the other hand, OMG!! her english is something else.

@ oolateju
who is picking on you? anyway, whatever you say.
and no im not from onitsha.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by sexyZee(f): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

learn from Tonto Dike?
i think you need to watch the movie "Emerald" and this one movie she did with Chika Ike
OMG!!! there has been so many times that tonto has mispronounced words and said them soooo wrong.
stephanie's english is pretty good and she doesnt seem to have a "fake" accent. i like the way she speaks.

@ oolateju
who is picking on you? anyway, whatever you say.
and no im not from onitsha.

grin grin grin grin ;Ddas wat i tink.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
Stephanie O attempted the Ameri-British accent but failed miserably now she has resorted to well spoken Nigerian English which is 100% better she is almost par with Genevieve. Im surprised that Emeka Ike has been in the game this long and still kills us with his Ameri-british mispronounced accent embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. Sometimes I wish the directors will stop being stingy and retake some scenes embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by sexyZee(f): 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Stephanie O attempted the Ameri-British accent but failed miserably now she has resorted to well spoken Nigerian English which is 100% better she is almost par with Genevieve. Im surprised that Emeka Ike has been in the game this long and still kills us with his Ameri-british mispronounced accent embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. Sometimes I wish the directors will stop being stingy and retake some scenes embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by debest1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

grin grin grin grin abeg leavesteph alone 4 me oooo i actually like her with or without her "fake" accent,
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by SeanT21(f): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

Sean T21 . . . i think you can't do without nigerians i am almost sure that you would marry one.

grin grin grin grin

@The-Amaka

@Topic

Fake accents are just so annoying . . . i sometimes use to do that but . . . in reality, i always make sure that people know that I am Black and proud to be a nigerian. I am grateful for my ability to switch from "Getto Accent", to "Lagos Accent" to "University Professor Accent" . . . .

I proudly display my Africanness whenever possible . . . I sometimes catch ladies grin grin grin peeking at me as i pass by . . . grin grin grin . . . but i don't care . . . they can look but can't touch.

Haha~~True.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by naliakar: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2009
Gene speaks well and acts well. Tonto is stunning. Rita is excellent as an actor and so is Stephanie and Stella. Of the men. Pat attah seems to fit in his roles pretty well. So does Olu Jacobs as the elderly type much better than Esiri. Desmond is okay although his appearances now become something just routine and functional with no depth I would say the same of Ini Edo and Patience. Ramsey is Okay so is Emeka Ike. Jim Iyke i okay when he is not mangling accents.

the bottom line, These actors come in and out of excellence depending on the movie. For example, mercy Johnson's Shakira role will rank as one of her finest, Kate's & Jim Iyke's "show me heaven" will also rank as one of their best. Gene's movies have been pretty good and it is difficult to pin point which one hold her up as an excellent actress. All of them do. Really.

But OMO'S roles are the best to watch. Then Yvone Nelson's
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2009
naliakar:

the bottom line, These actors come in and out of excellence depending on the movie. For example, mercy Johnson's Shakira role will rank as one of her finest, Kate's & Jim Iyke's "show me heaven" will also rank as one of their best. Gene's movies have been pretty good and it is difficult to pin point which one hold her up as an excellent actress. All of them do. Really.

But OMO'S roles are the best to watch. Then Yvone Nelson's
yes i own the movie Show Me Heaven and i really enjoy it.
Jim Iyke was still his "bad boy" self but something about it was different. idk, maybe thats just me.
kate henshaw's best role was "Stronger Than Pain" which i also own and she did a GREAT JOB! i think she even won an award at the African Moive Awards back in '07 or '08 for that same exact role.
she was hilarious and i loved it.

ill disagree with you on the Omo thing, she is boring a lot of the times cause she is not  versatile as an actress. and i just watched a movie with Yvonne Nelson, she is okay. not really my cup of tea cause she is kinda boring.
just a pretty face to look at.
she acted so/so in the movie "Princess Tyra"
but anyway, keep enjoying!  smiley
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 15, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

yes i own the movie Show Me Heaven and i really enjoy it.
Jim Iyke was still his "bad boy" self but something about it was different. idk, maybe thats just me.
kate henshaw's best role was "Stronger Than Pain" which i also own and she did a GREAT JOB! i think she even won an award at the African Moive Awards back in '07 or '08 for that same exact role.
she was hilarious and i loved it.

ill disagree with you on the Omo thing, she is boring a lot of the times cause she is not versitle as an actress. and i just watched a movie with Yvonne Nelson, she is okay. not really my cup of tea cause she is kinda boring.
just a pretty face to look at.
she acted so/so in the movie "Princess Tyra"
but anyway, keep enjoying! smiley
I probably will get killed, lynched or called a jellus bitch for saying this but Mrs Jalede is quite a boring one-dimensional actress. She is just a pretty face that sells movies.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:08am On Nov 15, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I probably will get killed, lynched or called a jellus bitch for saying this but Mrs Jalede is quite a boring one-dimensional actress. She is just a pretty face that sells movies.
lol we might get killed, lynched, and called jealous bitches cause i agree with you.
to be honest, i kinda avoid watching her movies as i know she will be playing the same role over and over again.
reason being she looks her age. she is a good actress and all, but i get bored watching her play the same roles. it has been so long since ive watched an omotola movie. maybe 6 months?
i would rather watch ini edo over her (i kinda like ini edo) cause she is more versatile as an actress.
ANOTHER reason why i think genny is a better actress. did you ever see the movie called "Two Together: Not To Be Loved" with genny and emeka ike? well that movie was really interesting.
genny at the age of 28 played a secondary school girl in the movie. and she looked the part and played the part really good. she is very versatile as her look is easily manipulated. thats why i think she is a better actress cause she can do so much with her look and she does it well.
omo on the other hand couldnt play a secondary school child because it wouldnt be believeable. she is kinda a mono-character person.
but anyway i dont want people to yab me to death because of my opinion.
if you think otherwise, thats okay.  smiley
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by naliakar: 4:13am On Nov 15, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

lol we might get killed, lynched, and called jealous bitches cause i agree with you.
to be honest, i kinda avoid watching her movies as i know she will be playing the same role over and over again.
reason being she looks her age. she is a good actress and all, but i get bored watching her play the same roles. it has been so long since ive watched an omotola movie. maybe 6 months?
i would rather watch ini edo over her (i kinda like ini edo) cause she is more versatile as an actress.
ANOTHER reason why i think genny is a better actress. did you ever see the movie called "Two Together: Not To Be Loved" with genny and emeka ike? well that movie was really interesting.
genny at the age of 28 played a secondary school girl in the movie. and she looked the part and played the part really good. she is very versatile as her look is easily manipulated. thats why i think she is a better actress cause she can do so much with her look and she does it well.
omo on the other hand couldnt play a secondary school child because it wouldnt be believeable. she is kinda a mono-character person.

Really. No one would lynch you for not seeing light. The idea is to bring you to a point where you will see reality. there would be no Nollywood without OMO"Blood sisters", "My story", "Pretty woman" "I have a Dream" are just some of the movies in which her acting prowess is unmatched. Geez. The girl is good and she brings elegance and grace in her acting.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:30am On Nov 15, 2009
naliakar:

Really. No one would lynch you for not seeing light. The idea is to bring you to a point where you will see reality. there would be no Nollywood without OMO"Blood sisters", "My story", "Pretty woman" "I have a Dream" are just some of the movies in which her acting prowess is unmatched. Geez. The girl is good and she brings elegance and grace in her acting.
can you please leave me alone and stop following me on every thread!!!
THAT IS YOUR OWN OPINION, NO REALITY OR FACT IN IT!!!
so fuk off and leave me to have my own.
you dont see me bothering you for your own opinion.
she's not versatile and she plays the same things over and over, and that bores me. sorry that its my opinion.
i like to see actors and actresses be different and have different sides to them, that for me, is what sets good actors/actresses apart from okay actors/actresses.
she is good at what she does, but its boring after so long.
what, are you gonna say that im not "seeing the light" cause i dont agree with you?
seriously, its becoming annoying.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by naliakar: 5:19am On Nov 15, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

can you please leave me alone and stop following me on every thread!!!
THAT IS YOUR OWN OPINION, NO REALITY OR FACT IN IT!!!
so fuk off and leave me to have my own.
you dont see me bothering you for your own opinion.
she's not versatile and she plays the same things over and over, and that bores me. sorry that its my opinion.
i like to see actors and actresses be different and have different sides to them, that for me, is what sets good actors/actresses apart from okay actors/actresses.
she is good at what she does, but its boring after so long.
what, are you gonna say that im not "seeing the light" cause i dont agree with you?
seriously, its becoming annoying.

YOU HAVE A VERY THIN SKIN.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2009
naliakar:

YOU HAVE A VERY THIN SKIN.
whatever you say, that is your own cup of tea.
now carry go!
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by naliakar: 5:31am On Nov 15, 2009
Talking of accents. Emeka Ike, Pat Attah, Rita Dominic, Uche Jombo,Ini, Gene and of course OMO are the ones who speak naturally and as such good actors.
Jim Iyke, Mona Lisa, Stephanie etc have weird accents which spoils their acting.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:41am On Nov 15, 2009
hm.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by demystify(f): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

learn from Tonto Dike?
Can't agree less. . . and it makes me wanna stop listening to her. angry
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by san26dy(f): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2009
Jim iyke or whatever his name is, gives me nausea when he speaks. He needs to tone it down please. Ramsey Nouah is waaay too fake for me. Ini is much better when she acts ghetto. Them sophisticated roles and her fake accent don't go well at all. That's my own.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 20, 2010
Watching the Nigerian movies i'm also dismayed at how when the characters are rich, or educated they try their best to sound American and it sounds really terrible. I really love how Nigerians speak so when I hear them bastardise their own way of speaking it makes me feel as though there is that inferiority complex whereby only Americans can be seen as cool. Van Vicker (yes i know he's Ghanian) and Jim Iyke are the worst of all.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by mbulela: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2010
THE-AMAKA:

I got lynched and killed for same belief.
However, i've got good news for you; it is a death worth dying.
That girl is not all that, at all. (i am talking strictly about her acting)
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by favouredjb(f): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
Stepnie okereke and jim iyke take d cake and also regina askia in her days.
Re: Our Celebs And Their Fake Accents by CorkyJoe: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
TRUE, i blame those Okoro IBo actors. They havent even been on a plane talk less opf flying pass enugu,

and yet, they spek american pigion english (no ofeise)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World’s 8 Most Expensive First Class Plane Tickets / See 'romangoddess' With Her New Dangerous Curves And Massive Hips Causes Problem / Hushpuppi Buy New Mini Ferrari For Ghanaian Star, Shatta Bandle As Birthday Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.