Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,668 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities (35600 Views)

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / Premium Roofing Contractors In Cities Building Everlasting Roof Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by AnyanwuSilas: 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yahoo Boys will soon be blamed for economic hardship in Nigeria
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by EnterpriseMan: 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
Lol yahoo boys? That is just a pathetic excuse. If you can't afford the rent, go look for something you can afford.
Soon one mumu go still come out and say its yahoo boys that make gas stations sell fuel at 500 per litre, or its yahoo boys that made the country hard.

The country is dead and everything is expensive because of the wicked people in power and our black hearts that makes us exploit others and pass the blame to someone else.

9 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
See them, international thief's. Na this kind yeye goat go dey our politicians names and na Dem worst pass
I swear bro

I dey imagine wetin dey go through their head if everybody dey condemn politicians and government and all these useless Yahoo guys too go open mouth dey talk

They are worse than the government

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Thazard(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ade1177:

Brother spot on

I don't blame agents

Because if there is a law that says agents fee should be nothing more than 10%

And it's effectively done

And agreement fee should be cancelled because I don't see what the money is for

Also a good way to value property

But no

I later realise these landlords just look at their houses and call a Roomself 500k,
Agreement 100k
Commission 100k
Caution 50k
Service charge 50k

Them tell the agents they won't give them the full Commission, it will be 30k or 40k

Those agents work hand in hand, they may be 2 to 3 or 4 agents on one house

Then those ones add another 50k to 100k

You'll realise the rent and the extra charges are the same or even more

Anyone that has looked for house for sometime will understand
Very Painful

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Smartguyboy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
My former place I was living last year the rent skyrocket from 800k to 1.2m
No yahoo boys living there just normal people going Dey daily work.
I have to pack out the house was not even standard old building just because it inside Ewet housing.
Where politicians live.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Mystic216:
Can someone enlighten me on how to report a notorious fraudster anonymously?
Lol

Those guys are really annoying. And they will open their useless mouth to abuse government and politicians not knowing they are worse than government

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Konjiboii: 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
If you are not in the know how you will think every successful young man is into fraud, in as much as there are scammers in our midst there are also hard working young men that have legitimate jobs online. What the government should do is place a regulation to this landlords, because they are the main problem.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by airsaylongcome: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
NORSYK:
Absolutely Spot on.

We are facing a different scenario here in Bonny Island because of LNG TRAIN 7 PROJECT, landlords in Bonny have all become greedy.
The proposed salary everyone heard about the TRAIN 7 PROJECT was just a fluke as the amount isn't what they are paying despite that the greedy landlords went ahead to increase their rents.

Imagine paying for a self contain room for 300k previously paid for 120k?

Has construction work on train 7 started?
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yahoo boy this, Yahoo boy that. How much do these boys steal that they're affecting rent prices? The economy is bad, our currency is losing value, the exchange rate is insane, and the price of building materials has gone up. So, it makes sense that the rent to be paid on existing houses goes up.

If you're wondering the effect building materials has on existing houses, it's minimal, unless the landlord/lady wants to renovate/remodel it.

However, the price of building materials has an effect on prospective landlord/ladies who are unable to build/complete their homes in time. This means there are less homes up for rent, which increases demand, and drives up the rent on existing houses.

6 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by drololaaof: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
Las Las don't worry toouch the eyes of the agent will soon clear when water begin to dry for their fish .
They yahoo boys been caught , business not thriving and unable to pay more rent .
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
The same way politicians and scammers overbloated the cost of real estate in Lagos .

Why is the cost of property in Magodo/VI/Lekki/surulere is more expensive than the cost of properties in well planned out cities like Johannesburg/Sheffield/Leeds etc ? No rational reason! I hear epe is becoming super expensive too

Properties prices follow the trend of facilities available e.g recreational centres, ease of accessing healthcare and ambulance services, kerbs for pedestrians to walk on, responsive police services.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Omoapena(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
fixedhollies:
Cost of cement now na war… I told my guy. Building a room and parlor in 4 flats will consume 15m. With pop and tiles. Running water inclusive. It will take the landlord an average of 15 years to recover the money spent.

2020 cement na 2500, today na 4500. That is just 2 years interval. People can’t afford to build houses again. The few standard ones available cost much and unaffordable. It’s just poor standard of living.

The only menace I think government should intervene is the added money from agents. The house the landlord is letting out at 250k, you will end up paying 350k. That 100k is much.

Let’s blame poverty in the land.

100k added by agent is still fair to the 250k basic rent, but agents in Lagos will add 200k
You will hear commission and agreement 150k caution 50k

There's a guy on my list, his commission and agreement is like 60% of the basic rent, anytime i see his post, I just use my mind swear for the guy as if he can pay that himself...

Imagine house rent of 600k
Then commission and agreement will be 150k each and still collect 50k as caution fee.

3 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2023
mactoni91:
I've been looking for a Decent 2 bed at 500k/annum in Ejigbo or Shasha/Egbeda and i never see.

Agents just collecting 3k from me with nothing to show.

Lol! Nah self contain money be that ooh
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by mactoni91(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Lol! Nah self contain money be that ooh

500k wey no easy to come by?

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
Shoodboi:
Yahoo boy this, Yahoo boy that. How much do these boys steal that they're affecting rent prices? The economy is bad, our currency is losing value, the exchange rate is insane, and the price of building materials has gone up. So, it makes sense that the rent to be paid on existing houses goes up.

If you're wondering the effect building materials has on existing houses, it's minimal, unless the landlord/lady wants to renovate/remodel it.

However, the price of building materials has an effect on prospective landlord/ladies who are unable to build/complete their homes in time. This means there are less homes up for rent, which increases demand, and drives up the rent on existing houses.

No reason am ooh! Those guys spoil this economy. They had too much free money to throw around last two years but from this year if America no drop better benefits, them go run leave those houses. Many of them don broke die

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
mactoni91:

500k wey no easy to come by?

By brother e no easy. Nah to enter Ayobo side you fit see but tp to dey come out. Omo!

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
livinbygrace:
Nigeria is full of educated illiterates and that is why the politicians are taking us for granted.Na yahoo boys Cause inflation,na yahoo boys make naira to be useless compare to dollar and other foreign currencies in the world ,and na yahoo boys cause the increase in building materials,cement,sands,granite,iron?
Na yahoo boys make Cotonou Cefa to be more valuable than naira now.
You guys are just bunch of jobless hopeless jealous nonentity and that is why you are writing nonsense all because you have access to computer.
LOl

Jealous of criminal? You must be one of them no doubt. Let me give you a message to your fellow criminals. No same person will be jealous of a known cyber fraud. Never!! If the criminal owns an estate and drives sophisticated cars, that doesn't move me or any sane person out there. If people are jealous as you claimed they would join them in the dirty work. It is one of the easiest and fastest way to make money

We chose to follow the right path and aren't desperate to make wealth at all cost unlike you guys. There's nothing to be jealous about you guys because we truly know your source of money which we don't pray to be part of it

Imagine a money rituals with huge amounts of wealth, houses, cars et al. Please tell me what is there to be jealous about it?

Cheers!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Itunup(f): 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
The undiluted truth.

This is the true story of JEDO Estate, where 3 bedrooms was 500-600k and skyrocketed to 2M-2.5M within a space of 6months to 1Year.. this is killing😭😭😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Omoapena(m): 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
Shoodboi:

They are the ones that influence most house rent,

They mostly rent those new houses for like 1year or 2 years and leave, sometimes, I feel they are doing something in those houses and once they are done, they move to next..

Have you ever wondered why yahoo boy are always taking new hotel rooms for like 3months or 6 months and they move to another new hotel, they have shifted it to taking apartments instead of hotel and stay there for short period and move to another..

3 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Sukkyy2010: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
marlow1962:
Lol

Yahoo boys abi yahoo+ boys?

Before I found this my present place, the house I wanted to move into, the owner told me 700k for 2 rooms and pallor(second year 650k). I was like ah ose e cost o, and he said you no know say the house get pop. I told him point blank " na pop I wn chop"
I saw many boys there (both the ones were get gle and glc full there).
Omo I have to look for another place, many reasons made me move
1-if I gv that man 700k for first year, how certain am I that I can cuff out that huge amount the second year
2- the boys there are too raggedy and lousy

The place am staying now is 350k, room and palor
spacious but no pop. I love it, cool area, light is okay, clean compound and cool neighbors (tho I hardly associate with them).
You had made a very wise decision, to whom that want to grow financially must prioritize keeping expenses minimal over your income. Take my case for instance, being a single guy that I am, I never felt any need to rent a flat apartment even though I can afford one base on my monthly income. I decided to opt for a room apartment that cost me 4k monthly approximately 48k annually. This decision have being saving me alot of money annually aside the stressless and comfort feeling I always have each everytime my rent is due for renewal, I always renew my rent stresslessly.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Xmen149(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
Am I the only one that thinks there should be a regulatory body houses being rented ...

If there is one and houses get rented through the body prices will be regulated too.

Anyone not registered to the body will be marked private house and will face court if proven otherwise.

Government didn't build for you but they gave you land they can take it too if you make their City unlivable..that is the power government has refused to use....this leads to either poor standard of living or very high number of people living under cover range in the econometrics

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by benqo01(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
THIS IS ONE OF THE FOOLISH AND DUMBEST EXCUSE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS,MADAM GO BACK TO THE VILLAGE AND STOP BLAMING YAHOO BOYS.

SO D NAIRA DESIGN NA GBOY SHEY? D INFLATION NA GBOYS ABI GET SENSE U WROTE FOOLISH EPISTLE YET MADE NO VALID POINT.

GO BLAME POLITICIANS

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by juman(m): 6:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
Everybody now is called yahoo boys.
That is wrong.

Dont call hard working guys yahoo boys.

Landlords are increasing the rents because of inflation.

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Sukkyy2010: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2023
Xmen149:
Am I the only one that thinks there should be a regulatory body houses being rented ...

If there is one and houses get rented through the body prices will be regulated too.

Anyone not registered to the body will be marked private house and will face court if proven otherwise.

Government didn't build for you but they gave you land they can take it too if you make their City unlivable..that is the power government has refused to use....this leads to either poor standard of living or very high number of people living under cover range in the econometrics
Not only on rent, with the greedy way prices of good and service spike lately, I think is the best time the Government need to activate and implement price legislation enforcement.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Advancedman(m): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
Omihanifa:

https://punchng.com/how-yahoo-boys-influence-skyrocketing-rent-in-cities/

Then government should do their work by checking and enforcing standards how can someone build 14 apartment no single carpark.yet collecting millions.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Burgerlomo: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bahamas95:
Don't blame yahoo boys, most Nigerians are naturally wicked. They just pretend to be nice when they haven't got opportunity to show you their true colours.

Nobody would beat you as a landlord if you make your rent affordable.

It is true that Nigerians are naturally wicked, there's no doubt about that.

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by mactoni91(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

By brother e no easy. Nah to enter Ayobo side you fit see but tp to dey come out. Omo!

Wetin i dey go do for Ayobo?
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Tenshades(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bahamas95:
Don't blame yahoo boys, most Nigerians are naturally wicked. They just pretend to be nice when they haven't got opportunity to show you their true colours.

Nobody would beat you as a landlord if you make your rent affordable.

Apt!

EOD
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by greatiyk4u(m): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2023
Mirose:
Beloved, can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May God meet you at the point of your needs, amen.
Acct num;
First Bank
My name is Faith
God bless you richly

This begging is becoming ur hobby abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Xmen149(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
Sukkyy2010:

Not only on rent, with the greedy way prices of good and service spike lately, I think is the best time the Government need to activate and implement price legislation enforcement.

Exactly,.I don't know if it's movie thing but I see houses placed for rent routed through regulatory agencies then advertised on bulletins after due inspection by the said agency.

Government talk about low cost housing reguled by them but how many comon people actually get it...

The amenities government should target and regulate to build a livable City is transportation,housing and security...

If not for brt people would be spending arm and leg..yet it's still bad... nothing on housing... people are even renting and paying estate and Street security and we still wonder why alot of people dream of running away.

Go to some east and southern African countries anytime they visit Europe is for holiday or school and run back but it's escape route for us because everyone is being pressed by the system and the gvt is just looking

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Ebubu: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Evergreen4:
The funny part is that they pay any amount the landlord tells them. After 1 year when their rent expires, most of them are unable to renew the rent there by causing problem for another incoming tenant with legitimate business as the landlord is not ready to reduce the rent.

In Lagos suburbs, where a room and palour self contain use to be 150k to 170k annually have skyrocketed to between 350k to 400k because of the influx of yahoo boys.
somewhere that is 150k, they’ll pay x2 which is 300k, after one year when maga no want pay again, they broke and park out but next tenant with 150k can’t pay that 350k the yahoo boy paid last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun / Roofing Sheet Price List In Nigeria (2020 Vs 2024)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.