Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities (35604 Views)

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) / Premium Roofing Contractors In Cities Building Everlasting Roof Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
codeigniter:

I am not justifying what he said, but u had zero point
Tell me one single thing to be jealous about fraudster please?

Just one!!

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Goddyrichie(m): 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2023
Villa12:
I swear bro

I dey imagine wetin dey go through their head if everybody dey condemn politicians and government and all these useless Yahoo guys too go open mouth dey talk

They are worse than the government
Wenti yahoo boy do U dem wire ur money b4 or dem don scam u b4 let all says d truth is it yahoo boy that gave terrorist the new naira note while a lot of people have been queue in bank and atm machine still yet they haven’t get the new note even pos agent charging big money for charges I guess you’re part of d people that benefit from this government or u don’t hv 🧠 at all

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by marlow1962(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
yiheaster:

Make I come squat with you na
Lol
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Goddyrichie(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
Villa12:
Lol

Those guys are really annoying. And they will open their useless mouth to abuse government and politicians not knowing they are worse than government
what make u think some of d people in power are not into fraud or drug ? Abi d money wey dem loot so Wenti we go call ham

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Edipet(m): 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
Smartguyboy:
My former place I was living last year the rent skyrocket from 800k to 1.2m
No yahoo boys living there just normal people going Dey daily work.
I have to pack out the house was not even standard old building just because it inside Ewet housing.
Where politicians live.
yahoo boys for Uyo no dey show themselves
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Fearyourcreator: 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bahamas95:
Don't blame yahoo boys, most Nigerians are naturally wicked. They just pretend to be nice when they haven't got opportunity to show you their true colours.

Nobody would beat you as a landlord if you make your rent affordable.
Masses just as wicked as the politicians

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Fearyourcreator: 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
fixedhollies:
Cost of cement now na war… I told my guy. Building a room and parlor in 4 flats will consume 15m. With pop and tiles. Running water inclusive. It will take the landlord an average of 15 years to recover the money spent.

2020 cement na 2500, today na 4500. That is just 2 years interval. People can’t afford to build houses again. The few standard ones available cost much and unaffordable. It’s just poor standard of living.

The only menace I think government should intervene is the added money from agents. The house the landlord is letting out at 250k, you will end up paying 350k. That 100k is much.

Let’s blame poverty in the land.
Real estate business is not for someone who no get money ... Its a longtime return business... People now treat it as fast money buziness...

5 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
Goddyrichie:
Wenti yahoo boy do U dem wire ur money b4 or dem don scam u b4 let all says d truth is it yahoo boy that gave terrorist the new naira note while a lot of people have been queue in bank and atm machine still yet they haven’t get the new note even pos agent charging big money for charges I guess you’re part of d people that benefit from this government or u don’t hv 🧠 at all
I know you're a cyber fraudster. They go soon catch you and your likes no worry

Continue defrauding people's money in the name of being smart. Your time is near

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Villa12(m): 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
Goddyrichie:
what make u think some of d people in power are not into fraud or drug ? Abi d money wey dem loot so Wenti we go call ham
A thief has no moral right or justification to condemn or abuse his fellow thief

Yahoo guys should keep their useless mouth shut in governance. They are no difference from the politicians. It's opportunity that differ
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Fearyourcreator: 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
nairalee:
Let me be blunt and tell u why

Most Nigerians are greedy opportunists. An average Nigerian is looking for an opportunity to rip you

I'm no longer surprised why our politicians are corrupt. They are just members of the society like you and I given a bigger platform

Look at this issue of new note. A POS agent charged me 1,500 for 5,000 just because he knew I had no option. Later they will say our leaders are corrupt
It's a question of who is deceiving... Masses no different from the politicians... Most are hypocrite

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Bnaira7(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yahoo boy or Nigeria choose one

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by candygist: 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
Tayorshd2:
.this are even smaller prices compare to Lagos a miniflat is now 600k minimum of 500k ..

And yet person go need to live in a house kiss cry

Depends on the area in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by geezyk(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
marlow1962:
Lol

Yahoo boys abi yahoo+ boys?

Before I found this my present place, the house I wanted to move into, the owner told me 700k for 2 rooms and pallor(second year 650k). I was like ah ose e cost o, and he said you no know say the house get pop. I told him point blank " na pop I wn chop"
I saw many boys there (both the ones were get gle and glc full there).
Omo I have to look for another place, many reasons made me move
1-if I gv that man 700k for first year, how certain am I that I can cuff out that huge amount the second year
2- the boys there are too raggedy and lousy

The place am staying now is 350k, room and palor
spacious but no pop. I love it, cool area, light is okay, clean compound and cool neighbors (tho I hardly associate with them).
Abeg, which area that your new apartment dey.
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by kay29000(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
scrome:
[b]Omo, even my landlord is preparing to replace me with a yahoo boy [/b]when I vacate his property because he wants to increase rent.

This made me laugh. grin grin grin
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by kay29000(m): 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
nairalee:
Let me be blunt and tell u why

Most Nigerians are greedy opportunists. An average Nigerian is looking for an opportunity to rip you

I'm no longer surprised why our politicians are corrupt. They are just members of the society like you and I given a bigger platform

Look at this issue of new note. A POS agent charged me 1,500 for 5,000 just because he knew I had no option. Later they will say our leaders are corrupt

Gbam! You have said it all.
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by InfinityFabric: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
Goddyrichie:
get money first b4 alijanu beat u
U think everyone on Nairaland is poor. Olodo oshi.
Even if you're poor, na to use your left ball to for ritual remain right ?
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by damesilver(m): 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2023
I am looking for an apartment too, just same budget as your but around Gbagada , or Berger, Arepo axis. Rents are too high in Lagos. For a room set con they are calling 400k, 620k total package. Can I contact you if you don't mind.

remsonik:
I am currently searching for a mini flat in ipaja and I got one for an exorbitant price cos it's the Yahoo Boys and rich persons that stays in the compound. It's 400k and the total package is 540k my budget is 250k /300k. I really wish I could get someone who's really nice and get from the landlord directly with no agent charges and wahala

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Alaga2222(m): 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
marlow1962:
Lol

Yahoo boys abi yahoo+ boys?

Before I found this my present place, the house I wanted to move into, the owner told me 700k for 2 rooms and pallor(second year 650k). I was like ah ose e cost o, and he said you no know say the house get pop. I told him point blank " na pop I wn chop"
I saw many boys there (both the ones were get gle and glc full there).
Omo I have to look for another place, many reasons made me move
1-if I gv that man 700k for first year, how certain am I that I can cuff out that huge amount the second year
2- the boys there are too raggedy and lousy

The place am staying now is 350k, room and palor
spacious but no pop. I love it, cool area, light is okay, clean compound and cool neighbors (tho I hardly associate with them).

Room and Parlor 350k I would love we talk on WhatsApp I need a place oo
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by eleniyan2020: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2023
silvermania:
I can never do crime...
watin concern nairaland with your life!

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Smartguyboy(m): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
Edipet:
yahoo boys for Uyo no dey show themselves
Na family people and company rent one of the apartments
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by goody2019: 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Na yahoo Dem go blame

Black man and stupidity......

1: A broke guy downloaded pics of sexy cute girls (impersonation)

2: went on social media to look for Hot wild slowpoke American

3: Simp from America rush in his DM and he ask them for geniune help

4: they pay through gift card, Bitcoin

5: Yahoo boy patronize local business, buys cars, rent house, build houses

FOOL THEM.
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by remsonik(f): 12:14am On Feb 06, 2023
damesilver:
I am looking for an apartment too, just same budget as your but around Gbagada , or Berger, Arepo axis. Rents are too high in Lagos. For a room set con they are calling 400k, 620k total package. Can I contact you if you don't mind.

Yes you can
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by YoshihideSuga: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2023
Smartguyboy:
My former place I was living last year the rent skyrocket from 800k to 1.2m
No yahoo boys living there just normal people going Dey daily work.
I have to pack out the house was not even standard old building just because it inside Ewet housing.
Where politicians live.

Ewet Housing is the elite residential area in Akwa Ibom. Why did you rent an apartment there if you don't have enough resources to pay? Less than 50% increase and you departed. What happened to Oron Road axis? Ikot Akpanabia? Even Osongoma would have been cheaper. I think you went above your budget.

No be say Uyo experience go-slow.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by YoshihideSuga: 12:19am On Feb 06, 2023
Konjiboii:
If you are not in the know how you will think every successful young man is into fraud, in as much as there are scammers in our midst there are also hard working young men that have legitimate jobs online. What the government should do is place a regulation to this landlords, because they are the main problem

So the government shouldn't look for ways to ensure there is constant electricity so that Dangote might reduce the price of cement, but should regulate the rent prices private landlords set for THEIR OWN PROPERTIES?

The government shouldn't tackle insecurity that has made people flee their communities to the cities, but should stipulate landlords to fix rent rates at a particular figure?

Which country do you know that regulates rents and prices have remained stable while the supply of properties has increased?
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by goody2019: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2023
Shoodboi:

Yahoo boys live in hotel? Have you lived around those guys or what you're saying is based on hearsay? The majority of them don't even make enough to sustain themselves.

The increase in rent has more to do with the horrible state of the economy than anything.

Yahoo Yahoo is the main cause of the present inflation in the country. I witnessed it firsthand. Many boys 'pick' in my village and around. Plot of land rose from N100k to N500k, price of wears from boutiques rose astronomically. Same with many other goods and services. They don't bargain like normal people. How do spend the money you do not work for? The money you stole from peoples accounts, and through rituals?

Yahoo apprentices live around their trainers, their masters, but for those who had 'picked', they live wild.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by YoshihideSuga: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2023
Xmen149:
Am I the only one that thinks there should be a regulatory body houses being rented ...

If there is one and houses get rented through the body prices will be regulated too.

Anyone not registered to the body will be marked private house and will face court if proven otherwise.

Government didn't build for you but they gave you land they can take it too if you make their City unlivable..that is the power government has refused to use....this leads to either poor standard of living or very high number of people living under cover range in the econometrics

Oga, there's no place in the world where the government regulates rent prices. It cannot work. The Berlin City Council tried it only for rents to increase as landlords stopped renting their properties and investors stopped erecting newer buildings. The City Council had to reverse her stoopid decision. If you want the government to play a part, she should build more public housing, develop inner areas, extend public transport systems to those places, ensure security and safety across the country and look for ways to reduce the cost of doing business especially regarding the production of cement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by goody2019: 12:33am On Feb 06, 2023
Yahoo Yahoo is the main cause of the present inflation in the country. I witnessed it firsthand. Many yahoo boys 'picked' in my village and around. Plot of land rose from N100k to N500k, prices of wears from boutiques rose, instantly, astronomically. Same with many other goods and services. They don't bargain like normal people. How do you spend the money you do not work for? The money you stole from peoples accounts, and through rituals and scamming?

The apprentices live with their masters, but the masters live wild.
Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by goody2019: 12:35am On Feb 06, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
Yahoo Boys will soon be blamed for economic hardship in Nigeria

Yes, they are, along with politicians and marketers.

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by goody2019: 12:41am On Feb 06, 2023
All of you supporting Yahoo Yahoo in this thread shall soon be visited with Yahoo scam, for you to feel the real effect,

1 Like

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 06, 2023
goody2019:

Yahoo Yahoo is the main cause of the present inflation in the country. I witnessed it firsthand. Many boys 'pick' in my village and around. Plot of land rose from N100k to N500k, price of wears from boutiques rose astronomically. Same with many other goods and services. They don't bargain like normal people. How do spend the money you do not work for? The money you stole from peoples accounts, and through rituals?

Yahoo apprentices live around their trainers, their masters, but for those who had 'picked', they live wild.

Yahoo boys cannot cause the price of land in your village to increase. How many Yahoo boys are in your village? How many plots of land are there in your village? And how many plots of land are Yahoo boys buying in your village?

Saying they don't negotiate is wrong. They do negotiate. They may be heavy spenders but as I said, their effect on the economy is negligible. Politicians steal way more than Yahoo boys and spend a huge chunk of that money in the country. And yet, no one ever accused them of making things like properties expensive. But for some reasons, we're blaming Yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Goddyrichie(m): 3:23am On Feb 06, 2023
InfinityFabric:

U think everyone on Nairaland is poor. Olodo oshi.
Even if you're poor, na to use your left ball to for ritual remain right ?
didiri I see you’re d most richest people in Nigeria and why did u think I’m poor like u I pay my bills myself I feed myself and my brother and friends even though u rich as far b say u no Dey feed me pay my bills ur papa Dey crazy

2 Likes

Re: How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 06, 2023
ParasiteWest:
There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place. The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly. The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'
AnyanwuSilas:
I'm an Igbo man and not a Muslim, I know what's good for Africans, it's the West that destabilise our continent and take our best brain, why should I live in the US or RUSSIA when chance is being created by Russia to build my home? Russia have more nuclear warheads than the US, nobody will win a nuclear war, it will simply destroy the world, as an African it's better the world be destroyed and sent back to stone age instead the US will enslave the world, you think Russia is alone? The US are hypocrite, what did Obama do for Africans as a black man? they rather used him to destabilised Africa, was it not Obama that killed Gaddafi, Let’s be Frank, a multipolar world is better than one world order.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun / Roofing Sheet Price List In Nigeria (2020 Vs 2024)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.