Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? (2316 Views)

CEO Of Fairmoney, Laurin Hainy Hosts Podcast On Doing Business In Nigeria (vid) / Naira Swap Difficulties: Fairmoney Upgrades Mobile Banking App / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2023
My Ex husband took a loan with my phone from fairmoney, this was days before we went our separate ways. He td me he needed to fix the car etc and so he borrowed 375k from fairmoney with my phone to pay back over a 600k.

I advised him against it but he was like, he'd be selling a house we had in Kuje around January or February and he'd clear it all.

Now, we're not together fairmoney is on my neck and I'm pregnant. I've even started working just to see if I can raise a little. He has only managed to pay 30k and fairmoney is threatening to take other measures.

I've sent them a mail twice to explain everything and they're insisting because my BVN and login details were used that I will have to pay the loan.

Are there other measures I can take? If I sell the properties I have with me I may not raise the complete money. I've pleaded with them to let me visit their office one on one with Proof. I usually borrow money from them but never have I defaulted for one day.

I can't think of any step to take legally to put an end or bring about a solution to this. I'll really appreciate suggestions as to what I can do please
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Bornbiafra: 10:53am On Feb 06, 2023
Madam rest oo...loan app can't do you anything....

Rest whenever you guys money you pay

Don't worry yourself over nothing
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 06, 2023
Bornbiafra:
Madam rest oo...loan app can't do you anything....

Rest whenever you guys money you pay

Don't worry yourself over nothing

I'm a bit relieved but are their threats for nothing? I've opted to give them his details but to no avail
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Janesouthall: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2023
Fairmoney wont do shit....dem no go do anything...na just threaten...saw someone with ur kind of problem...till now the guy never pay shi shi...heaven no fall...they will keep sending you text messages... just ignore them...after a while dem go lockup...

1 Like

Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by We4all: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2023
Prevail on your husband to sell his car or any property and pay back the loan. Your bvn and other details were used so there is no excuse on your part.

By the way, why didn't your beloved husband use his details or he didn't qualify for a higher amount?
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2023
We4all:
Prevail on your husband to sell his car or any property and pay back the loan. Your bvn and other details were used so there is no excuse on your part.

By the way, why didn't your beloved husband use his details or he didn't qualify for a higher amount?

I really don't know why and I asked him same question. He told me asked them to block his account (which I know was a lie)
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Janesouthall: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2023
yumyogo:

I really don't know why and I asked him same question. He told me asked them to block his account (which I know was a lie)

Go to your bank and change your atm card...cos that card have been registered with fairmoney including the card number...so once any money enter the account...the money don go...
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Phantom233: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2023
First of all fair money can't charge almost 80% interest on a single loan, 375k to pay 600k haba

2 Likes

Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2023
Phantom233:
First of all fair money can't charge almost 80% interest on a single loan, 375k to pay 600k haba

Should I send proof? The loan payment was supposed to last for 12 months that's why

Everytime I try to open the app it requests I turn on my location. Which is more scary
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2023
Janesouthall:

Go to your bank and change your atm card...cos that card have been registered with fairmoney including the card number...so once any money enter the account...the money don go...

But they have my BVN. I don't even know how to collect my first salary. I'm afraid they'd take it even if I use another account
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Bornbiafra: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2023
We4all:

bad advice
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2023
What a predatory loan!

375k to pay 600k
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Janesouthall: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2023
yumyogo:

But they have my BVN. I don't even know how to collect my first salary. I'm afraid they'd take it even if I use another account

They have your bvn...but the most important thing is your atm card details with them...so go to the bank and request for another atm card....speaking from experience...

1 Like

Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Phantom233: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
yumyogo:

Should I send proof? The loan payment was supposed to last for 12 months that's why

Everytime I try to open the app it requests I turn on my location. Which is more scary
, ok but turning on your location is an automatic request for almost every user by the system, I suggest you reach out to your husband or pay the money by instalments.

2 Likes

Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by dobnina(f): 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2023
yumyogo:
My Ex husband took a loan with my phone from fairmoney, this was days before we went our separate ways. He td me he needed to fix the car etc and so he borrowed 375k from fairmoney with my phone to pay back over a 600k.

I advised him against it but he was like, he'd be selling a house we had in Kuje around January or February and he'd clear it all.

Now, we're not together fairmoney is on my neck and I'm pregnant. I've even started working just to see if I can raise a little. He has only managed to pay 30k and fairmoney is threatening to take other measures.

I've sent them a mail twice to explain everything and they're insisting because my BVN and login details were used that I will have to pay the loan.

Are there other measures I can take? If I sell the properties I have with me I may not raise the complete money. I've pleaded with them to let me visit their office one on one with Proof. I usually borrow money from them but never have I defaulted for one day.

I can't think of any step to take legally to put an end or bring about a solution to this. I'll really appreciate suggestions as to what I can do please
Madam, don't raise your bp with over thinking.
Go to the bank and request for another ATM. Delete the fairmoney app on your phone and give yourself peace of mind.
Stop picking their calls. There is nothing they can do to you. Highest you won't be able to take any loan from them or any other institutions again.
You are pregnant and in a very delicate state.
So use your money to take care of yourself and your baby.
If your ex husband is not willing to pay, then forget it. You are not the one who spent the money.

7 Likes

Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
dobnina:

Madam, don't raise your bp with over thinking.
Go to the bank and request for another ATM. Delete the fairmoney app on your phone and give yourself peace of mind.
Stop picking their calls. There is nothing they can do to you. Highest you won't be able to take any loan from them or any other institutions again.
You are pregnant and in a very delicate state.
So use your money to take care of yourself and your baby.
If your ex husband is not willing to pay, then forget it. You are not the one who spent the money.

Thank you. I'll try
Re: FAIRMONEY: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
Phantom233:
, ok but turning on your location is an automatic request for almost every user by the system, I suggest you reach out to your husband or pay the money by instalments.

I knew that part but recently "before the app opens it'd require I turn on my location" ... That was new for me.

In all I'll try not to let it bother me. I didn't use the money if only they'd let me print my statement of account they'd see for themselves too.

But thanks for the Advice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Comandclem Investment / Nigeria Banks Annual Report For 2004 / Distributor Needed For Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.