Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,721 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths (433 Views)

Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months (Video) / Matawalle’s Reason For Defection Confirms That APC Is Behind Insecurity – PDP / Fashola Has Depreciated – Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Supremos: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2023

'A Lie I Allowed’: Fashola Denies Promising APC Will Fix Power In Six Months

Several reports claimed that the Minister of Works and Housing promised in the lead-up to the 2015 election that if voted in, the APC would solve Nigeria’s power challenge. The reports went further to claim that Fashola urged Nigerians to “stone” him if the promise was not kept.

But the minister has denied making such a statement, describing it as a “lie that I allowed”.

“One of the things that were said about me was that I said we would electrify Nigeria in six months,” Fashola said during a Channels Television’s election show The 2023 Verdict on Monday.

“It was a lie that I allowed to run until the day I asked my media men to play the tape back and since then that lie has gone.”

The minister said he could not have made the comment since the tone did not align with his personality.

“I know that in the way I speak, I don’t use words like stone. I am not even a violent person. Stone is violence. I don’t use those kinds of words. They are not part of my vocabulary,” he added.

‘Not Delivering Results’
Fashola also decried the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) naira swap policy, saying public officeholders should review their plans if they are not producing the right results.

“I empathise with those challenges but some of them are the result of policy and it is the responsibility of public servants, especially those responsible for those policies to look back and say, ‘Did we intend to cause this pain?’

“And if the policy is not working, perhaps you have to readjust and also ask yourself whether you thought this through. As a public officer, before and now, I have had cause to reverse myself, when I saw that my policies were causing unintended results.

“So, I have no responsibility in those two areas and therefore I cannot speak to the details of the facts that are available to the policymakers but the important thing is that those policies are not yet delivering the results and are delivering a lot of inconvenience for [people],” he said
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2023/02/06/a-lie-i-allowed-fashola-denies-promising-apc-will-fix-power-in-six-months/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiajY6b4IH9AhUZQaQEHRIpDhMQFnoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0MhEkYjBXaPF4EEhM7AyJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6rvANF7ls

OAM4J Mynd44

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by SLAP44: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2023
One day, Tinubu will deny that he said he was the one who saved buharri from being a born loser by making him president because buharri is not bright enough to win on his own.

Fashola and APC are a bunch of liars.

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Johnthum(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2023
Trust APC at your own peril

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by HumbleTrader: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
Already grin
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by AcuraZDX: 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
Fashola is a disgrace to himself.

Abeg make una watch the video and hear for yourself

https://www.facebook.com/Nigeria1stNews/videos/1147184305440657/?d=null&vh=e

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by LadySarah: 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
You didnt use stone but you used rocket science😂😂😂
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by VinnyBaba: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
Fashola Damaged himself so bad! sad

He took his Great reputation to the Gutters by Aligning with the Disastrous APC/Buhari/Tinubu govt! embarassed undecided

He can NEVER get back his Lost Glory. Quite a Pity sad
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by SmartPolician: 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
It was Amaechi who said they should be stoned, while Fashola said that a serious government should fix power under months just to criticize Jonathan.

I said it before and I will repeat myself: if the black man cannot fix Nigeria, let's invite the Caucasians to replicate what they did in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by brain54(m): 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
After buhari…

This guy is the most disappointing failure from this administration.

So much was expected from him. So little was delivered!

So disappointing fash…

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Ttalk: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
It was all the mischief of children of hate and perdition. There's nothing they can't lie about.

That's how the lied that the person occupying Aso rock is Jubril of Sudan, the vowed that Donald Trump would come and conduct referendum in Nigeria, and they are presently lying to themselves that Peter Obi would win 35states.
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Ineedhustle247: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Supremos: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by perez100: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
God said He will spare Sodom and Gomorrah if He can see just One holy person.

Same way I say, I will vote for Tinubu if any person can show me just one APC member who is not a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by M4A1carbine: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
You will wait till Eternity!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

perez100:

Same way I say, I will vote for Tinubu if any person can show me just one APC member who is not a liar.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by VinnyBaba: 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
perez100:

U can actually see a honest Tinubu/Apc supporter. smiley

But U can NEVER see one that have SENSE. undecided sad
Re: Babatunde Fashola Has Denied Promising That APC Will Fix Power In 6-momths by Mynd44: 6:17am On Feb 07, 2023

(1)

Vote For Tinubu If You Don't Want Your Old Naira Notes To Be like toilet papers / Shocking Videos: Oyimbo Journalist Exposes Tinubu & Mc Oluomo Thuggery In Lagos / Nigerians Are Not Really Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.